PDA

View Full Version : Work-arounds for droning bugs

DetectiveKimble
29-01-06, 12:31
About two thirds of the time when i drop my drone when it's out of ammo and pick it up again, i can't relaunch it and get "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons". Is there anything i can do to avoid it, and can i recover from it without having to restart the game?

Spermy
29-01-06, 13:05
Drones are a mixed bag. Try not to run out of ammo - I always return with 1/2%. I have issues launching drones when their model will collide with an object brush, like a wall or a piece of scenery, when it spawns.

Try firing one off from a crouch position, away from walls. If you do get the unknown reasons bug, switch to a different type, take the original out of teh QB - launch the new drone, and then try again with the original one. Works for me.

Tratos
29-01-06, 13:23
Try firing one off from a crouch position, away from walls.
*s******************* *s*******************

The fact you're called Spermy and said that has made my day.

DetectiveKimble
29-01-06, 16:26
I found launching a different drone then bringing it back in will let me relaunch the bugged one most of the time, so i've been carrying around some TLnothing vendor drones for when my real ones stop working. Good to see that after over a year away from NC, droning still has all it's quirks and "features" :rolleyes: :lol:

Richard Slade
01-02-06, 19:55
Ya now I'm just waiting for the good ol' "Due to a gravity flux your drone weighs about 10 ton and can't fly until you pick it up" bug...
Hasn't happened yet tho