PDA

View Full Version : Appartment Hacked.

Tarn
29-01-06, 08:06
This is how it gose. I log onto the game and decide to GR to my appartment, But sends me to my other one that i didnt activate (GR). So i decide to run to my app, I go up there open the door to see a player named "[ edited ]" standing there looking at a cabinet, I say what the hell are you doing in my appartment?. I run over to try and open a cabinet "You must be an owner of the appartment to open blah blah blah" If im not an owner how did i open the front door?. I say to the guy how did he get in and he responded " I just bought this key 5 Minutes ago for 10k Off of [ edited ] " So i start to say to [ edited ] what was in each Cabinet and got them all correct untill he landed to my rare cab that included many rares including 2 Xbows, which was now empty. Also a few other cabs with mabe about 30-50 Rare parts (some MC5), I go on to DM [ edited ] and ask how he got my key and he says it was in his Gogu. How was this in his Gogu if i had it in mine? How Did someone manage to Dupe my key and jack my shit? I Manage to buy the Key that [ edited ] got and now i have 2 Keys off the same app as proof. Ive decided to post this while i wait for a GM. I got my buddy to act like he hated me to ask him what happend and this is something that [ edited ] had to say... [ edited ] says: " somehow i got bugged and got his key, i only took the rares i needed. " Here are some Images of Important things.
[ edited ]

-In this Pic you can see [ edited ] admitting to getting my app and jacking me

[ edited ]

-In this Pic you can see [ edited ] Saying he stole that BoH

[ edited ]

-In this Pic you can see me Finding [ edited ] in my app.

Its been probably an hour and abit now and still no response from a gm. :mad:

cRazy-
29-01-06, 08:10
lol damn, KK have really fucked up bigstyle on this one.

And if they dont rectify the problem fully and I was in your situation id quit all my accounts for definate.

eprodigy
29-01-06, 08:10
i can confirm that this does happen.. i've had keys turn into other peoples keys.

i remember one time it happened i noticed it had some guys name and pass on it so i found it; took all his stuff. (he had not much of value though). i dm'd him probably 3 days later after i saw him yelling on trade that his apartment was bugged..

IceStorm
29-01-06, 08:34
Does anyone know if this has ever happened with keys that are stored in a cabinet as opposed to a GG?

All my apt keys are stored in my chars' primary apt cabinets.

eprodigy
29-01-06, 09:22
^^ i do remember way back when i raided the guys apartment that i mentioned above, i found HIS key in one of the cabs. ( i had 2 keys to the same place ).

Dargeshaad
29-01-06, 09:27
Nice RPOS you got there...

Zheo
29-01-06, 09:52
It is a shame to see members of the community can't be responsible, rest assured if I find someone elses key I wont use it to steal from them I'll wait in their app till they return (unless I can find out another way who they are) and hand it straight back to them I'll also kill anyone who tries to take anything else with perhaps another key.

I hope KK sort this out and ban [ edited ]for his behaviour.

Edit/ I expect DOY to deal with [ edited ] and get you everything he took back it'd be a shame if they got a very bad image amoung the clans specially if a clan like FF took a disliking to thieft and put an end to it with violence :) Have you contacted DOY's founder to see what he says? (unless ofcourse that's [ edited ] himself).

eprodigy
29-01-06, 09:56
15) You will not exploit any bug in the NEOCRON product or the NEOCRON Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through public posting) to any other user of the NEOCRON Service.
'[ edited ]' used the bug to gain an unfair advantage?
'tarn' communicated the existence of it?

ban both of them

Xaru
29-01-06, 10:12

ban both of them

Hmm, i guess your right about one thing. Tarn shouldnt have mentione a name. For the rest. Are you nuts? This is a major bug, that needs to be in the open. Its not an exploit handbook, because its not mentioned, that the thief got the key by "stealing" it, and especially how he "stole" it.

I personally think, that KK would rather tell people who find their cabinets a bit lighter than before, that they shouldnt give other people their keys. And thats it. Now you at least know, that your not crazy, when something like this happens.

And for the record. This is really a bad bug. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Xaru

Drake6k
29-01-06, 10:17
s? This is a major bug, that needs to be in the open.

We can't judge if a bug is serious enough that everyone should know about it. Infact my knowing about this isn't going to help me at all. It might inspire some fucktard to hack my apartment though.

Also he is using a hud modification.

cRazy-
29-01-06, 10:17
Now you at least know, that your not crazy

Yeah, im crazy.

Xaru
29-01-06, 10:43
It might inspider some fucktard to hack my apartment though.

Hmm, i guess i do not have enough criminal energy in myself, to even remotely think of a way, haow to trigger such thing. But well, the world is bad, and you might be right. But i remember loosing good stuff from my app, and never even got a reply from KK. So i just thought, i am crazy, cause not all the good stuff was gone, just a few special things.

And Crazy, we now you are ;) Nothing'll ever change that.

Xaru

Ras Klaat
29-01-06, 10:46
for the record,i think you will find he said it was his friend speaking to the guy, so its not Tarn's HUD that you are seeing tbh.

Dargeshaad
29-01-06, 10:49
Anyway what's a future cyberpunk world without any kind of robery....sounds dull to me :lol:

-FN-
29-01-06, 11:17
http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=83
# Loss of in-game items
The loss of items will not normally be compensated. The sole exception will be when Reakktor Media GmbH or the Neocron Support Team have provided prior notification of issues affecting the game servers, in which case backups of characters may be restored. Direct compensation of items or in-game currency is not permitted.
I'd be livid and on the verge of quitting if I were in your position, but that's all KK is going to tell you :(

Drake6k
29-01-06, 11:24
In Neocron1 people would lag into each others gogos. It was very rare.. but I saw it happen several times and it was complained about on the forums.

It sounds like you probably had your apartment key in your gogo and someone managed to dupe/get their hands on it.

So now we all know to NEVER keep apartment keys in our gogos. :)

ZoVoS
29-01-06, 11:25

ban both of them

i agree, especialy playing with a modded rpos

wheres nid when u wana see a double ban hammer :angel: lol

Richard Slade
29-01-06, 12:37
Expect leet thread dodging skills or a full front tank

Dargeshaad
29-01-06, 13:58
In Neocron1 people would lag into each others gogos.
Happened to me in Neocron 2 as well ;)

SorkZmok
29-01-06, 14:14
Hm. THinking of how this might've happened, the old gogu bug comes to my mind. I've seen it happen in NC2 so it could've been that he got the wrong gogu and managed to nick and activate the key. Though most times you could not take the actual items out of the gogu, after a elog they would change back into your own gogu's items. Same with the warping into other people bug.

But seeing [ edited ] admitted is was a game bug and he abused it to steal all the shit, he really should get pwned by GMs for that. Maybe threaten him to give the stuff back or he'd get banned. Because otherwise all tarn would get is a measly 100k. Good thing KK implemented item tracking. Ha ha ha. :)

And with Tarn and his friend for using custom RPOS skins...there's been quite a lot of people posting screenshots of that RPOS mod and even several videos with custom graphics and crosshairs. And none of them got banned.
With the amount of other crap going around, RPOS mods are nothing i'm worried about anyway (just recently a new vid got posted but the thread disapeared again quickly), it's not like you got an edge over others by using them. o_O

RogerRamjet
29-01-06, 14:36
And with Tarn and his friend for using custom RPOS skins...there's been quite a lot of people posting screenshots of that RPOS mod and even several videos with custom graphics and crosshairs. And none of them got banned.

Blind eye turned, so it seems.

Skusty
29-01-06, 14:45
I know [ edited ]. .p Got him on msn even! :eek:

Nidhogg
29-01-06, 15:16
The forums aren't an official avenue of support so please wait for the GMs to get back to you. I would also advise that you email helpdesk@neocron.com with the full information, but please, don't name names in public again or it's likely that you will get into trouble.

Thread closed.

N