PDA

View Full Version : I volunteer!!

RentonDraines
29-01-06, 01:30
Ok KK.. so I made this post in another thread, and i thought, hmm. So I'm going to do you a favor!!!

We all know you're a small company with limited resources, and I think I've found a solution! I'd like to be the first of hopefully quite a few people to volunteer my services to you, at no charge, to help you improve upon your game without incurring prohibitive costs! I would be happy to offer my abilities royalty-free, only if it is to be used in improving Neocron.

I can do audio design and production, environmental design and modeling.

I'm curious to see how many other people would be willing to volunteer their skills to this cause, whatever they may be...

Anyone else?

cRazy-
29-01-06, 01:32
Ohhh my im *so* DM'ing you Renton

Marx
29-01-06, 01:35
I'm curious to see how many other people would be willing to volunteer their skills to this cause, whatever they may be...

Many people offered services in the past - the only ones who were actively picked up were those who wrote for the Neocronicle / VoTR.

I believe the most common response was "If interested, apply".

RentonDraines
29-01-06, 01:40
call it a petition. People who would be willing to offer their help to this game they love so much. KK needs help, even if they refuse to admit it :(

Spermy
29-01-06, 01:57
It doesn't work like that.

Someone from KK explain the fine print before mass delusion occurs.

Dribble Joy
29-01-06, 02:07
KK is not an open source project or a community mod, they are a company, which sells a product, if they start tkaing more people on board, there are probably a laod of legal stuff that has to be sorted. I doubt they could simply consult you on things, they would have to hire you, and as small as they are, they probably have enough of the people that are needed for the type of things you want to do.

Some content stuff is a bit more iffy though, NPC scripting and things.

BlackDove
29-01-06, 02:07
Old idea, many talented people had it, it comes down to the fact that KK can't use your shit because you're not under contract, and they can't put you under contract because your soul can't be owned by them for doing just that much, ie, I doubt you're interesting along with the other voulonteers on the professional level.

IIRC anyway.

RentonDraines
29-01-06, 02:58
Old idea, many talented people had it, it comes down to the fact that KK can't use your shit because you're not under contract, and they can't put you under contract because your soul can't be owned by them for doing just that much

Actually that's not true at all. A mutual nondisclosure agreement is a standard document that protects both parties' intellectual rights, and volunteer or pro-bono work is contractually legal. If I am willing to sign off my intelectual property to another free of charge, that's my perogative.

I doubt you're interesting along with the other voulonteers on the professional level.

So I offered to help KK because i'm uninteresting? That's an awful kind assumption for you to make.

You know what? mods, can you just go ahead and close this please. I tried to start a thread where people offered support, but instead like always they just want to troll and argue.

j0rz
29-01-06, 03:03
I'm a programmer :) i can code :P C , C++ ,openGL and direct 3d :P id help alittle but i work alot also also java and VB :P :lol:

yavimaya
29-01-06, 03:09
lol i'll appolgise for the community Renton.
It's a shame people cant just leave it up to an officaial to say no thanks or yes please.

But i guess some people always have to have thier say - kind of like i am now - , unfortunetaly most people dont give constructive criticism.

Dribble Joy
29-01-06, 03:19
People have asked before, in the same manner, and the answer has allways been the same; No.

If you want to get involved, the best bet is probably to privately contact KK on a proffecsional level.

Zeninja
29-01-06, 03:26
:o

Ok, so now I'm proud to propose being in charge of casting new ladies to enhance boob's n' guns waitresses modeling. And guess what, I'll do this for free, KK !

Vote Zeninja now and I promise to get us rid of those stupid red'n'blue adhesives asap !!

Nah don't thank me it's ok I love you too.

Spermy
29-01-06, 12:57
Actually that's not true at all. A mutual nondisclosure agreement is a standard document that protects both parties' intellectual rights, and volunteer or pro-bono work is contractually legal. If I am willing to sign off my intelectual property to another free of charge, that's my perogative.

You arent' listening. An NDA is for the most part meaningless. It works for testing - thats about it. What company would open up thier vast sum of knowledge and resources about a game, to a random on a forum, who by using the NDA road, is simply saying " I'll be quiet". They can take you down if you do break the NDA, but even then they've already lost out.

It's too big a rsik. Listen to what you are told, instead of second guessing. If it were possible it would have bee done by now.

So I offered to help KK because i'm uninteresting? That's an awful kind assumption for you to make.

You know what? mods, can you just go ahead and close this please. I tried to start a thread where people offered support, but instead like always they just want to troll and argue.

No. We just don't suffer the delusions. And yes. you are uninteresting. If you were of a professional interest to KK, then why not go through the proper channels.

And I assume from knowing Blackdove, Uninteresting would mean at a base level, not talented in all the right areas. It's a flooded market. what do you have that sets you apart from every other fella out there wanting to develop?

Richard Slade
29-01-06, 12:58
Those who apply in a proffesional way get a proffesional valuation.
You don't.

Lodar
29-01-06, 19:03
Closed by Threadstarter.