PDA

View Full Version : Two things I'm curious about

Richard Slade
28-01-06, 22:32
Now, first of all, the load of all servers combined doesn't reach 100%, so why not bash 'em all together? Sure we'll get germans and stuff but we still have and, hey, they don't seem to mind us, plus there'll be a cst around when you need it?
The more the merrier!

Ssecond... Vehicle physics, why aren't there none?
My quad stops on a quarter..

cRazy-
28-01-06, 22:35
Id leave if there was a server merge, the language barrier and all the different languages on the public channels would drive me absolutely insane.

Richard Slade
28-01-06, 22:36
Noone's forcing you to use them you know.. :P

cRazy-
28-01-06, 22:38
Noone's forcing you to use them you know.. :P

That doesnt even make any sense, I was just commenting on you're idea... me not being forced to play Neocron doesnt have anything to do with it.

Richard Slade
28-01-06, 22:39
That doesnt even make any sense, I was just commenting on you're idea... me not being forced to play Neocron doesnt have anything to do with it.

And noone mentioned that either...?

sanityislost
think the whole problem with one big server is that it wouldnt really suit most of
the player base. Right now people have chars al over the place and they would
want to be able to use them so your talking about 10+ char slot server. Then you
have people who like only having one char slot........think it is a good idea but
could piss alot of people off.

Vehicle physics would be sooooooo sweet, wish we could launch a quad off the
top of a cliff.....Vehicles being able to hurt a player by running into/over them
would also be sweet.

SiL ..:..

Drake6k
Id leave if there was a server merge, the language barrier and all the different languages on the public channels would drive me absolutely insane.

Oh come on.. you can't be serious.

Terra already has a ton of french and german already.

I'm imaging a server that doesnt drop below 140, and reaches 500+

rob444
28-01-06, 22:42
I dont think they have physics because the vehicles would not be at the same positions on all clients screens. Of course this could be fixed but that overloads the servers even more and cause the server to use more bandwidth >_<

CMaster
28-01-06, 22:43
http://forum.neocron.com/search.php?searchid=559931

cRazy-
28-01-06, 23:04
Oh come on.. you can't be serious.

Terra already has a ton of french and german already.

I'm imaging a server that doesnt drop below 140, and reaches 500+

It does have a ton of french and german, but 90% of them can speak english as well and most of them dont even speak their native language on the public channels, its 99% english, and with the current english community even when more then one person speaks french or german on the public channels like a mini conversation they get flamed and told go to back to there own server. if the german community come along with there full right to speak German it'll be 60/40 of different languages, youd like that?

eprodigy
28-01-06, 23:07
well, while it won't ever happen, they could just cut away all the unused channels and make a trade/help/ooc channel for eng/ger/fr

Clive tombstone
29-01-06, 00:16
Honestly Id love to see vehicle physics in and "vehicle" damage, course If I were to hit and kill ONE monk, It would be like a hive mind Reaction. In one Booming Almost inhuman Cry "OMG NURF VEHCS!!!1!!1!" :D

RentonDraines
29-01-06, 01:10
Fix the bug infestation, add content. Players will come back and new players will stay more than a month or two. Any other solution is just denying what so many people already know- that people will stop paying for a defective product.

If kk is sooooo hard pressed for human resources due to money shortages, it's their own damned fault. But there's a solution!!! There's plenty of coders and modelers and artists out there who would work pro-bono and free, given the chance, just to have their work in a game. Merging servers will make more people leave, and it certainly won't add to the playerbase.

Just my 2c.

giga191
29-01-06, 01:24
Now, first of all, the load of all servers combined doesn't reach 100%, so why not bash 'em all together? Sure we'll get germans and stuff but we still have and, hey, they don't seem to mind us, plus there'll be a cst around when you need it?
The more the merrier!
it's probably a bit more complex than "bash 'em all together"

Dogface
29-01-06, 06:35
Fix the bug infestation, add content. Players will come back and new players will stay more than a month or two. Any other solution is just denying what so many people already know- that people will stop paying for a defective product.

If kk is sooooo hard pressed for human resources due to money shortages, it's their own damned fault. But there's a solution!!! There's plenty of coders and modelers and artists out there who would work pro-bono and free, given the chance, just to have their work in a game.

You just don't get it... I'm not even going to explain :(

Apocalypsox
29-01-06, 09:14
if servers where merged we would be overwelmed by them.

Richard Slade
29-01-06, 10:11
it's probably a bit more complex than "bash 'em all together"

Can a GM or SGM make a char on Terra?
Yes.

Can a GM or SGM make an item on Terra?
Yes.

Can a GM or SGM make a char ding?
Yes.

Where's the problem?
If there's no other way that is a way.

Sure we have to make channels for the different languages, but heck atleast you could always get a poke..

Sure there'd be germans around but hey atleast theyäll fight in the Ops too.

Sure there'll be germans germans germans, but hey, they're equally much RL Human as anyone else and hence we should not shy away from them.

The OPs will be active again, the traders will flow into the cities,
the war will come to the cities, the battles will once more rage across the wastelands,
just as once before you will be afraid, as the troops march closer in the horizon,
you will, just as once before feel the sweet on your forehead
as the warcries will ring out across the lands
AT LAST you will be sure about one thing and one thing only
You Will Never Die Alone

(And above all, the noobs won't find an half-empty server...)
Make it a true MMO and shuffle us all into one place, and expand it when needed instead. Make it a true MMO.

Drake6k
29-01-06, 10:22
I like the idea of a large post apocalyptic world full of many different languages and nations. The politics of it and drama would actually be fun.

Also a server with 500 people on it too, that would be fun 8|

Dirus
29-01-06, 10:33
Can a GM or SGM make a char on Terra?
Yes.

Can a GM or SGM make an item on Terra?
Yes.

Can a GM or SGM make a char ding?
Yes.

Where's the problem?
If there's no other way that is a way.

Do you want to spend the wks on end it'd require to make the chars?

or the wks on end making the items?

or the wks on end making the chars ding?

or the wks on end trying to adjust FS?

or the wks on end dealing with names already in use ect?

or the wks on end dealing with who claims op ownerships?

or the months on end recreating peoples apartments?

Deal with all the issues of the chars that may not be active right now, but may become active at a later date?

Replace the accounts that would be lost due to a change such as this?

You're acting like its some simple process that isnt that big of a deal to do. If it was something people wanted to do, they can easily do it on their own by just deciding to play on a different server.

cRazy-
29-01-06, 10:35
hahahah this new community liason rule is great, Dirus just comes in and whips the shit out of everyones impossible and/or rubbish ideas, I love it.

xyl_az
29-01-06, 12:01
whats 'wks' ?

nellus
29-01-06, 12:11
weeks :p

giga191
29-01-06, 12:14
hahahah this new community liason rule is great, Dirus just comes in and whips the shit out of everyones impossible and/or rubbish ideas, I love it. :lol: it's great

Richard Slade
29-01-06, 12:33
Do you want to spend the wks on end it'd require to make the chars?

or the wks on end making the items?

or the wks on end making the chars ding?

or the wks on end trying to adjust FS?

or the wks on end dealing with names already in use ect?

or the wks on end dealing with who claims op ownerships?

or the months on end recreating peoples apartments?

Deal with all the issues of the chars that may not be active right now, but may become active at a later date?

Replace the accounts that would be lost due to a change such as this?

You're acting like its some simple process that isnt that big of a deal to do. If it was something people wanted to do, they can easily do it on their own by just deciding to play on a different server.

Dirus, I never said it was easy, I said it was possible. Quite a different thing.
I said that it's a way to do it. IF THERE'S NO OTHER.

Just stating facts here so.. Think ;)

Anyways, I still say totally plausible and also good for KK as they only have to cough up money for one server.

On top of that I never said it had to be done now. It could be done over 3 months or so too.

Now reply on the actual point instead of arguing semantics with me if you're gonna answer Dirus. O_o

(And yes, I Do want to spend the time needed for making every single character if that's what I have to do to make the idea come through so.. I assume you asked because you wanted me to do it so Pm me)
Edit2: And for that matter, what on earth does OP ownership have to do with this?