PDA

View Full Version : Neocron and Xbox 360

bluelights
28-01-06, 17:24
hi

was just wondering if there was any thought into releasing an xbox 360 version of neocron, the hardware is better plus the OS is more or less windows media centre edition. i dont see any real problems in converting it to run on it.... plus would give it more exposure,,,, chat works well... i also hear there is a keyboard coming out for it. graphics would run better,,, infact i would probably prefer to run it on my xbox 360 with the HD Screen :) the whole game would look better and get a lot more exposure....

anyone else got any thoughts on this ?

br
blue

nellus
28-01-06, 17:35
unles there was a keyboard i cant seee how you would play the game.

you need 10 keys for the quickbelt alone. then theres all the shortcuts you put in.
also how could you patch?
we get patches all the time.

those are just a couple of reasons that pop into my small brain instantly im sure theres more which people will write about.

Rabiator
28-01-06, 17:39
Two more reasons not to do it:
1) The PC hardware is quite sufficient, even with my old Radeon 9600 Pro I get reasonable framerates.
2) KK does not have too many programming ressources anyway. It's much better if they concentrate on improving the PC version ;)

unreal
28-01-06, 17:54
Fixing as apposed to 'improving' by adding content ;)

bluelights
28-01-06, 18:49
unles there was a keyboard i cant seee how you would play the game.

you need 10 keys for the quickbelt alone. then theres all the shortcuts you put in.
also how could you patch?
we get patches all the time.

those are just a couple of reasons that pop into my small brain instantly im sure theres more which people will write about.

patching i wouldnt see a problem, since the xbox does have the 20gb hdd,,,, patches could be downloaded and run from the hdd, i think it is definatly possible,,, also since every xbox is the same hw bugs todo with hw wouldnt be such a problem, could be a good way for them to go. what they could do is license neocron off to one of the console game companys and let them do the coding etc.... kk would get paid and not have to really put to miuch work into it.

br

Spermy
28-01-06, 18:52
I wonder how much it would cost KK to get it out on a M$ platform. We have our share of idiots already, I doubt we need anyone who was misguided enough to shell out for one of those farces. :p

Heavyporker
28-01-06, 21:46
yeah, and the pking would be rampant... *shudders*

Richard Slade
28-01-06, 22:29
Stop whining porky, Pking is all there is in this game anyways, no?

Either way, might as well do it for the regular xbox or PS2 as they can still handle it

sanityislost
28-01-06, 22:33
Fuck no keep the 12 year old kids outta neocron....or at least make it so they
cant talk to everyone over the headset (god i hate kids)

fairly sure this will ever happen

SiL ..:..

cRazy-
28-01-06, 22:36
cant talk to everyone over the headset (god i hate kids)

fucking amen x10.

eprodigy
28-01-06, 23:05
while this is certainly not a realistic idea, i would add that I have also heard that games aren't allowed to require the HD..

IceStorm
29-01-06, 02:54
While I wouldn't mind NC on 360, the 360's a PPC-ish box, not an x86 box. My guess is that porting to PPC-ish would not be a trivial amount of work.

Keyboard support's not an issue. There are three USB ports on the 360 and keyboards work in the Dashboard. There was keyboard support on the original XBOX for PSO The Card Game as well (I have the KB adapter, it was sent free or low-cost to anyone who requested it).
i would add that I have also heard that games aren't allowed to require the HD..It's not an issue to "require" it as an accessory, but the game makers would be cutting themselves out of a large market by requiring it for a game. I'm pretty sure FF XI requires the hard disk on the 360, just as it did on the PS2...

Logan_storm_03
29-01-06, 03:08
No No NO!

It can't be done, It won't be done. We* don't want it to be done.

* please note the used term 'we' was applied very loosely and mey or mey not cover the entire neocron community. In the unfortunant incident that it does not, please do not hesitate to file a formal complaint which will be reguarded in the strictest of confidence.

©2005 all rights reserved

nobby
29-01-06, 04:56
excuse me but the Community would increase by 400% I recon :p

also include a free Keyboard adapter for ps/2 and I'd be happy with it.

And yes I would buy it to look cool to the 2 people in my xboxlive friends list :p
:lol:

Spermy
29-01-06, 12:59
excuse me but the Community would increase by 400% I recon :p

also include a free Keyboard adapter for ps/2 and I'd be happy with it.

And yes I would buy it to look cool to the 2 people in my xboxlive friends list :p
:lol:

The evidence is now presented.

NO. I'm happy with just one of you nobby. That makes you special. 400 individuals with the same attitudes as you makes it an inspiration for genocide :p

Finl
29-01-06, 14:46
think all that runtimeerrors in xbox :D

nobby
29-01-06, 15:23
*shudders*

bluelights
31-01-06, 01:12
hihi

well there can only be benifits really for everyone at the end of the day,,, seems to me KK cannot continue a loosing battle,,, i mean neocron is an underground game and without a lot for population on the servers, i cant see them continueing to pour money into it with such little return.

the 360 platform would make them a lot more money thats for sure,,, that would in turn make the players happier.

br

Terayon
31-01-06, 01:17
hihi

well there can only be benifits really for everyone at the end of the day,,, seems to me KK cannot continue a loosing battle,,, i mean neocron is an underground game and without a lot for population on the servers, i cant see them continueing to pour money into it with such little return.

the 360 platform would make them a lot more money thats for sure,,, that would in turn make the players happier.

br

Its.... alot more complicated then that. They would have to completely rebuild the game from scratch basicly, then redesign half of it so it is playable on a console without having to buy a keyboard and mouse. Not to mention it costs alot, i mean ALOT of money to just start developing on the 360 platform. I think its about 6 million? Anyways it all costs a ton of money.

And besides that i dont even know that much about it, im sure its only harder to do then i think it is.

Kame
31-01-06, 01:30
someone plz put this thread to an end, as it is dead ended from the get go.

Nidhogg
31-01-06, 01:50
I tend to agree. MMORPGs aren't really all that suitable for consoles because there's so much patching goes on (no snarky comments, we've delivered gigabytes of patches over the years) and not every X360 owner has the hard drive. ;)

N

Kozmos
31-01-06, 04:54
I tend to agree. MMORPGs aren't really all that suitable for consoles because there's so much patching goes on (no snarky comments, we've delivered gigabytes of patches over the years) and not every X360 owner has the hard drive. ;)

N

gigabytes ?

*adds them all up* maybe 1 gb in patches, oh wait, DOY was a 2gb patch itself, ahh ok i see where your comin from now :P

Torg
31-01-06, 21:18
linux. no stinking 360 please.