PDA

View Full Version : Vegetation and mouselag

SorkZmok
28-01-06, 17:13
Everytime i'm in an area with lots of grass my mouse starts lagging. I move the mouse and it takes my character up to half a second to actually react to it. My FPS are fine still, they go down but usually stay around 30 so it can't be that. Or could it?

Makes it pretty much impossible to pvp in areas like BD or outside MB at the ASG. No chance to hit a fast moving target. :(

Anyone got a clue what might cause that and how to fix it? I already got vegetation detail set to low, it still occurs.

unreal
28-01-06, 17:20
The same thing happens with the new vehicle smoke effects too. For me it also incredibly screws the FPS, making my screen jump about as well as react slowly.

Dargeshaad
28-01-06, 18:12
Most likely it's because NC hogs all the CPU resources and thereby I/O devices only get small slices of the CPU, which is especially apparent in areas with alot of rendering (considering NC hardly uses the GPU).

Solution: Try and set neocron.exe's priority in task manager to Below Normal/Low

SorkZmok
28-01-06, 18:55
Most likely it's because NC hogs all the CPU resources and thereby I/O devices only get small slices of the CPU, which is especially apparent in areas with alot of rendering (considering NC hardly uses the GPU).

Solution: Try and set neocron.exe's priority in task manager to Below Normal/LowSounds reasonable, i'll give it a try.

@unreal:
I get the same, especially hovertec smoke completely screws my FPS.

Tratos
28-01-06, 19:55

Solution: Try and set neocron.exe's priority in task manager to Below Normal/Low
I might try this to solve the problem i get which makes the game hang when i run around corners ¬_¬

Heavyporker
28-01-06, 21:06
Tell me again why NC doesn't use the GPU (video card) as much as it should?!

FUCK players with low-spec machines, at least they can play. They could chose playstyles/characters to shorter-range weapons *and* tune down their gfx options.

There's a point where "evening the playing field for players' machines" goes too damn far. *grr*

If the CPU was less taxed for cycles, it might be more capable to deal with other things like running the system and firewall and real-time scanning without fucking Neocron up like it does now.

Dargeshaad
28-01-06, 21:54
Tell me again why NC doesn't use the GPU (video card) as much as it should?!

If it was as simple as turning a switch I'm sure they would have done it long before, but I'm afraid it's alot more complex than that (I've never programmed any large directx programs so I cannot be 100% sure). Wouldn't surprise me however, that there's alot of coding to be done to utilize the GPU instead of the CPU

BTW, if the thing with lowering priority worked, then I'm pretty sure there's some parameter that can be used in the shortcut for neocron to start neocron up in that particular priority

yavimaya
28-01-06, 22:39

Well actually, they clearly stated before they released the Evo 2.1 patch that the graphic engine was being updated, so that the CPU wouldnt be hogged anymore, they have fixed it so it runs more like a normal game.

It doesnt mostly use CPU anymore! it had for years, but not anymore!
*shakes head* why dont people keep up to date, then spread thier misinformation?

CMaster
28-01-06, 22:42
Nah. NC is STILL very CPU dependant.

yavimaya
28-01-06, 22:43
So they didnt fix anything?
I would have to say my CPU usage dropped after the patch.

CMaster
28-01-06, 22:44

I didn't say that. I just said its still very CPU reliant compared to the majority of modern 3d games.

Dargeshaad
28-01-06, 23:12
I would have to say my CPU usage dropped after the patch.
While running NC, tab out and get the task manager up. In task manager go to the tab named "Performance" and watch the CPU Usage History with nc running in the background. Then report how the history looks in this thread, thanks.

xyl_az
29-01-06, 01:02
90% cpu 10% gpu