PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Spy with Res+Cst

Bishop Yutani
28-01-06, 01:01
I've been building up my Pistol Spy to see if i can RES+CST but i think i'm not going to be viable in either PvP, RES or CST at the high levels.

The way I see it, you could have a character with good RES and CST, but not if they're viable in PvP because you have to dump points into WEP.

Is that correct? Does anyone do it successfully?

So what i was thinking of doing was dumping RES and focusing in CST, but I get kinda aggrivated trying to find people willing to log off their PPU so they can log their RESser/mule so i can get BPs...

I tried rolling up my ideal Pistol Spy with RES+CST, below. :confused:
What does everyone think? Thanks for the help

-----------Intelligence-----------
Current: 121 21
Skill: Hacking = 28 28
Skill: Barter = 0 0
Skill: PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Weapon Lore = 68 30
Skill: Construction = 125 10
Skill: Research = 143 25
Skill: Implant = 5 5
Skill: Willpower = 0 0

-----------Strength-----------
Current: 40 0
Skill: Melee Combat = 4 4
Skill: Heavy Combat = 6 6
Skill: Transport = 95 -4
Skill: Resist Force = 36 8

-----------Constitution-----------
Current: 46 6
Skill: Athletics = 48 8
Skill: Body Health = 78 18
Skill: Endurance = 18 18
Skill: Resist Fire = 50 0
Skill: Resist Energy = 50 0
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 0 0
Skill: Resist Poison = 0 -15

-----------Dexterity-----------
Current: 116 16
Skill: Pistol Combat = 169 25
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 0
Skill: HighTech Combat = 95 10
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 0
Skill: Agility = 8 8
Skill: Repair = 5 5
Skill: Recycle = 5 5
Skill: Remote Control = 0 0

-----------PSI-----------
Current: 20 0
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 53 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 11 0
Skill: PSI Power = 30 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

-------Character Inventory-------
Battle Helmet 2 (Helmet)
NCPD - Powerarmor (Vest)
Heavy Fire Protection Belt (Belt)
Battle Trousers 3 (Trousers)
Heavy Battle Boots (Boots)
MC5 Hawking CPU (Brain Chip)
MC5 Synaptic Accelerator CPU (Brain Chip)
Special Forces CPU (Brain Chip)
BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU (Brain Chip)
Pistol CombatEye 3 (Eye)
Advanced Heart 2 (Heart)
Advanced Nerves 3 (Spine)
BioTech Advanced Headbone (Headbone)
Advanced Chest Enforcement (Chest)
Advanced Arm Enforcement (Arm)
Advanced Leg Enforcement (Leg)
Advanced Foot Enforcement (Foot)
---------------------------------

a4nic8er
28-01-06, 02:34
I reckon PvP and tradeskilling are mutually exclusive.

A combat spy needs PSU (and hacking).

An LE'd hybrid tradskiller spy needs all INT in CST and RES (but can't be ganked).

My Melee tradeskiller spy can research and build excellent rares, drive Rhino and hunt for trophies with a low combat rank (also has 145 REP & 100 REC).

Bugs Gunny
28-01-06, 03:29
Go for 128ish cst with glove and imps, then research, go for 150 with glove and go to labs for rares, put points in psi use.
It's a moneymaker if you do warbots but then you could do that with a tl75 tangent epic pisol easier.

Sgt. Pepper
28-01-06, 06:22
why don't you go for ..

115 construction
115 research
50 weaponlore
51 psiuse
(all base ... 1 point free)

dependiong on your imps, you will reach up to 160ish res/cst or something arround 90 weaponlore.

for combatsetup i would prefer SF, targeting 3, Moveon, PPResistor (or SA)
plus str booster 2
with nightspider and beast you will be able to shelter yourself and can wear inqui armor.
Thats all enough to cap judge/rog .. you will need a pistolbuff (or some more drugs) to be good with slasher or exe

edit: oh i forgot .. you will get some trouble with your INT/DEX when using the ppresi, PA3 will be impossible then. from that point of view it is a lot better to go for SA

Zeninja
28-01-06, 15:41
Does anyone do it successfully?

I do think so : my spy is a cst/res/hacker/rifler.

Using his standard setup (no drugs) he's able to res E parts without a buff/bonus, build a 5 slotter Executionner (it was with OP bonus of course), hack 100 SL belts, use obliterator, cap low TLd rare rifles (though I'm usually wearing a Silent Hunter with 140ish percent damages), 160 xray, 114 energy, 400 body health.

Switching a few imps and using 3 drugs (red, beast, night), he's able to cap a First Love, hack OPs, use shelter, use stealth II, 427 body health, 170 xray, 128 energy, runspeed 84.

So it has to be easy with pistols because of less weplore needed ;)

I'm just in love with my spy.

Zheo
28-01-06, 16:21
My spy trader will have (once he's finished)

CST: 120
RES: 120

Hawkings, TH cpu, SS cpu. cst, res gloves, and advanced nerves 3

total cst with op is: 205-220 (with buff and depending on the buff)
total res with op is: 219-231 (with buff and depending on the buff)

Bishop Yutani
31-01-06, 21:16
alright well if it can be done, i will continue on.

Sgt. Pepper, a 50 WEP seems kinda low, but i suppose its necessary to save points for psiuse.

Zheo. i'm headig in basically the same direction. See you there :cool:

Harliquin
31-01-06, 21:50
Isn't psi use only for speeding up casting times and being able to cast while moving? So far I'm building the same thing the poster is, stoped WEP at 50, and dumping the rest into CST/RES, completely ignoring PSU.

I am however debating dropping pistol and going for vehicular combat using the scorpion trike. I'll make that decision once I get some answers from my other post on the topic.

Bishop Yutani
31-01-06, 22:15
well, with currently 0 in Psi Use, i cannot case much of anything while running. Its kind of a bitch and i can see that it'll suck later in the game, but for now, i'm not investing anything in it until i can make a friggin slotted pistol. (ffs)

See the skill guide to see what PSU has an effect on. Unfortunately, i didnt see anything about a success rate...

Harliquin
31-01-06, 22:52
my pistol tradeskiller (RES/CST) has 0 PSU, and can cast all the psi modules I'm skilled enough to. I'm not casting while moving, which I guess can be problematic when you're trying to heal while moving in a fight, however it's one less thing for me to lom on that character once I get int/dex capped.

So far the best I've done on cst is a "good" tl 36ish pistol with 2 slots.

buffed I think my cst is in the upper 60's

Bishop Yutani
31-01-06, 23:31
heh, i was thinking of going back to the beggar nailgun and seeing how many slots i could pump into it, but i didnt want to spend the time...

You think i could make an artifact beggar nailgun with a bunch of slots?

put some explosive nails, a pistolbarrel, scope and laser on it and then drop it in front of a noob. 8|

fjutte
01-02-06, 18:29
I do think so : my spy is a cst/res/hacker/rifler.

Using his standard setup (no drugs) he's able to res E parts without a buff/bonus, build a 5 slotter Executionner (it was with OP bonus of course), hack 100 SL belts, use obliterator, cap low TLd rare rifles (though I'm usually wearing a Silent Hunter with 140ish percent damages), 160 xray, 114 energy, 400 body health.

Switching a few imps and using 3 drugs (red, beast, night), he's able to cap a First Love, hack OPs, use shelter, use stealth II, 427 body health, 170 xray, 128 energy, runspeed 84.

So it has to be easy with pistols because of less weplore needed ;)

I'm just in love with my spy.

Sounds nice since I'm building a rifle/CST/RES spy myself. Could you please send me a IM with a screenshot or textfile (alphagremlins skillmanager?) or something of your setup?