PDA

View Full Version : Why does NC make you happy?

Richard Slade
27-01-06, 21:56
I'm just curious, I left, for a year and more, and still came back...
Drawn by the dark powers I'm sure MJS cursed the game with..

Anyways, why do you play?

Drake6k
27-01-06, 22:05
to PK

Spermy
27-01-06, 22:07
I just do.

calim
27-01-06, 22:07
to PK

only pk ?

Spermy
27-01-06, 22:11
Oh here we fucking go.

Ya d00d totally!

Dude! STFU!

Carebear TBH

I think it's best if we just give our own reasons, rather than commenting on others. PMs are great for that kind of enquiry, unless people are trying to show others up.

Chill peeps! This could be a good thread.

james_finn
27-01-06, 22:19
I love the community, its the only real reason im still here (that and hoping KK sort their act out and make the game decent :P)

P.I.M.P. was the best clan I ever knew in Pluto NC1

Now Phoenix Ltd. tops that, they are a great bunch of guys, yeah you can go play eve, but theres very little player interaction in that game, unless you join a huge corp.

Delphi

Richard Slade
27-01-06, 23:45
I love the community, its the only real reason im still here (that and hoping KK sort their act out and make the game decent :P)

P.I.M.P. was the best clan I ever knew in Pluto NC1

Now Phoenix Ltd. tops that, they are a great bunch of guys, yeah you can go play eve, but theres very little player interaction in that game, unless you join a huge corp.

Delphi
Except for every thing you do and say then?
You're always in a corp

dark_reaper
28-01-06, 07:09
I love the community here, besides it is my first MMO I ever played since B3 of the game.
Besides the hunting is good, and you at least get nice apartments and nice stuff for it. Unlike other MMO's well there are a few, you can get what u worked for.

SorkZmok
28-01-06, 07:32
It actually makes me mad way more often than it makes me happy. Just for an example, i just died twice when i was actually winning fights. First because a blob from my FL hit a guard and then the damn doors wouldn't open, second time when i wasted some apu hybrid his friend (a fellow black dragon whose name i won't mention here) shot my back. :mad:

Apart from that, i play because of the people i know. Just that. It's not neocrack anymore, it's just hanging around with those people. And i bet there's actually a shitload of people feeling the same way.

Apocalypsox
28-01-06, 09:34
This was my first real MMO. i played Runescape before i came here. If KK would get there asses in gear they would have THEE best game on the market and could easily make millions- but no. they like the small community of dedicated players and making people pay for a beta.

in other words- im here cause i can be. lol.

Skusty
28-01-06, 10:19
It just does, you have friends you can PK and do quests with.

xyl_az
28-01-06, 13:17
hatred is what keeps me here...

RogerRamjet
28-01-06, 13:20
Friends.

And PK.

Tratos
28-01-06, 13:30
Friends - Phoenix Ltd, like Delphi said is a great bunch of people and we have alot of getting drunk on Vent :p as well as doing quite alot of stuff as a clan pretty often.

Size of the community - When i log into Neocron i see a character and i know who it is, sometimes from the forum and sometimes just because i see them alot in game and have talked to them occasionaly, yeah the small community has its negatives but at least you know pretty much who everyone is - you dont get that in other MMOs tbh.

PvP - Im shit but it's fun! :)

Also i like to see how the game develops and it has gotten better in the last year or so with stuff getting done, fair enough theres alot wrong with the game and some of that has been wrong for a very long time but less of the plan files we see are works of fiction compared to the planfiles of Neocron 1.

cRazy-
28-01-06, 13:41
Id say the community but at this stage its turned into a bunch of ego-stroking screaming kids, so im gonna go with the people I already know, friends.

Obsidian X
28-01-06, 16:46
I'd say the same as most - a combination of friends and nostalgia. Levelling a new character used to be quite an experience in its day, but I guess the novelty of that wears off after spending another two weeks shooting scorpions in El Farid with an RG-1000. Still, the thing about NC is I keep bumping into old friends who I thought were long gone.

Also recently, I've really got into trading. Hunting techs, ressing them and trying to swap them for parts I need - and building guns for newbs, theres just something about NC that feels homely to me.

Heavyporker
28-01-06, 21:00
Hmmm... yes... that's the perfect word. "Homey".

It's been so long since I've gotten inside Neocron, but, yes, that's the word.

I'm deaf, as some people already know. It's not really conductive to just hooking up in RL. In Neocron, the text interface makes it really easy to just talk to people.

Friends all over the place in Neocron. Real action. The high-tech, the opportunities, the beauty of the landscapes.

Neocron's a world I can get into. A place where I can write the stories of my life.

Kaze
29-01-06, 00:20
Because I like watching the AutoUpdater do it's thing.

RentonDraines
29-01-06, 01:20
it doesn't make me happy. But planetside gets boring, eve feels like working in an office (and don't get me started on what I feel about "approx. time for training: 32d 18h 36m") and i hate fairies and dwarves. Oh, and you can only furball so many times in freelancer before it's time to go watch TV. I play battlefield and UT for pvp, but i like the idea of RP.....

so I guess I'm back because it's something to do until I can try out Huxely =\

giga191
29-01-06, 01:26
i get kicks out of pissing off annoying people

CMaster
29-01-06, 01:40
I'm suprised noone has said directly (although it certainly applies indirectly to certain people). Escape from reality. Some people use alcohol or other drugs. I like forgetting about the real world for a while and making my way in teh world of neocron, with a bunch of friendly people on vent and in the streets (and some real assholes to make enemies you can pursue vengenace on).

RentonDraines
29-01-06, 01:42
usually, i'm using alcohol when i'm playing neocron. Does that count? :)

nobby
29-01-06, 05:10
I'm happy because people go uhhhggg Nobby !

so I says stfu or I busted yer face!
Then kill em. :p

IceStorm
29-01-06, 05:53
The Warbots.

I've killed so very many Warbots...

Apocalypsox
29-01-06, 11:20
ROFL Cman u bring up a good point. about a year ago i got so into one of my spys it felt like RL Was a video game and NC was real :D that was weird (needless to say i canceled my account for a month after that)

Spermy
29-01-06, 13:25
I like th community. And I even appreciatte nobby as part of the furniture now :p

And I agree with Cmaster. On a typical night out - I spend 30 quid. Thats inclusive of a taxi mind. I spend a tenner a month on this. Since I reactivated, I've spent far less time going out - now down to once a week or two.

I gots more money to spend :p

Neocrons actually pretty decent as an alternative to things. I can usually pass up a night out for a night in on Neocron, and uni work, it's pretty good. Tradeskilling rocks when you're doing uni work along side. :angel:

Sum up.

Cheap
Enjoyable
Alternative to other more expensive pastimes. ( not to say I don't indulge :p )
The community rocks.

Logan_storm_03
29-01-06, 13:27
you just cant beat the rush of ganking some one at the gr.

Just kidding :p

The pvp is what makes the game. Even though I dont put enough time into getting good at it, it still great fun.

Tratos
29-01-06, 13:28
Something that has made me happy this morning is Spermy saying this:

Drones are a mixed bag. Try not to run out of ammo - I always return with 1/2%. I have issues launching drones when their model will collide with an object brush, like a wall or a piece of scenery, when it spawns.

Try firing one off from a crouch position, away from walls. If you do get the unknown reasons bug, switch to a different type, take the original out of teh QB - launch the new drone, and then try again with the original one. Works for me.

Spermy
29-01-06, 13:29
Oh dear Trantos. :lol:

as for PvP:

Too right - was at the MB bunker looking for non LE's to fight - ran into a TFC monk, didn't catch his name. Had a one on one right there, dodging not only Holy lightnings but the scenery. eek.

Was ace - He was fucking accurate! He dropped and left me with just 10 health. Since that episode yesterday, I found I can always be arsed to get a full poke up before going out :p

Tratos
29-01-06, 13:36
Oh dear Trantos. :lol:
<_< Damn you, lol

SorkZmok
29-01-06, 15:49
Because I like watching the AutoUpdater do it's thing.
Haha, this gets so boring once you've had to reinstall NC a few times, forgetting to save the goddamn patch folder every single time.

:lol:

elem3nt[]
30-01-06, 07:27
because nidhogg makes me hot

Demental
30-01-06, 08:24
I have to say the only reason I play anymore since hardly any of my friends play is:

PKing and Trade skilling

more the 2nd since real PK style PVP is hard to come by these days

Breakaway
31-01-06, 04:46
hmm why does nc make me happy... well its the first ever mmo i have been on and i started playing this 2 years ago and i have to say it is the best thing since sliced bread! I like everything about this game (apart from afew bugg) but even with afew minor bugs , i have to say this is the best game i have ever been on, and hopefully willl be the best game i will ever play :)

darkservent
31-01-06, 13:05
It did make me happy once cause it was my first MMO too, and with the first clan I was in it was great fun hunting with em and also the stupid clan political issues that happened it just made it memorable (I actually held up a First Love up on a clan member cause some big shit was goin down :lol: :lol: :lol: ) It literally was my life then.

Now it doesnt make me happy its just something I play when I can afford it/or free trials, just for the fuck of it. Guess the crack bit of the game hasnt worn off me.