PDA

View Full Version : First Love

SorkZmok
27-01-06, 15:31
Ok. I recently lommed my PE to a First Love setup. I really love that gun since i ever seen it the first time back in NC1 ages ago. Sexiest gun by far.

After a few days i gotta say that gun is complete wank. For duels, damn nice. Apart from that, crap.
Close up the gun ********** pretty much everyone. But that's CLOSE up. As soon as your enemy gets away more than 5 feet, you're fucked. I chased a midlevel tank about half a zone tonight because once he gets further away than those 5 feet the FL barely ever hits more than 2 blobs out of 4. More like never. I was actually feeling lucky when 2 blobs managed to hit.

It's fucking impossible to kill someone with it who isn't hugging you. I know it actually is a rifle for close combat, but that's just a joke.

I forgot who wrote that but it's so damn true.
"The FL couldn't hit a Rhino if you were sitting inside." :mad:

Another thing is the weight. The rifle itself weights a ton. Not to mention the ammo. And you gotta carry around a load of ammo because of the high rate of fire. What would lead me right to the next point, the "reload fix". Haha. Emptying a clip takes the same time the FL needs to reload. Ha ha ha. But don't even get me started on that shit.

Also, stamina drain is an issue with the FL. One clip fired and i'm walking.

And now don't tell me anything about aiming, i cap damage, aiming, get 212 shots a min and 505m range on my fully artifact FL. And i damn sure know how to pvp.

Good thing i can just swap my reflex 4 for an exp reflex 4 and use the dissie. Though i really don't like that rifle. I wanna use my FL!

Oh, another thing...whenever i'm fighting in places with vegetation (grass), i get weird mouselag. My fps seem to be fine still but my mouse just lags. I move left and it takes my char about half a second to actually turn left. That shit got me killed just last night. No chance to hit someone when your mouse always is behind. :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
27-01-06, 15:37
That comment about the rhino was made by me.
Go for a healing light setup, or try using a disruptor, there's VERY few disruptor pes out there.

SorkZmok
27-01-06, 15:40
Go for a healing light setup, or try using a disruptor, there's VERY few disruptor pes out there.
HL setup would be my actual setup without whiteflash. But i'd rather go for the dissie. Gonna remind me of the good old days of Kid Brainiac and my dissie pwnage. :lol:

canuma100
27-01-06, 15:40

HL PE is drugage

but Dissi PE is insane how much drugs u need? 8-12?

not worth in my eyes

Bugs Gunny
27-01-06, 15:42
Disruptor pe takes two drugs.....

SorkZmok
27-01-06, 15:43
HL PE is drugage

but Dissi PE is insane how much drugs u need? 8-12?

not worth in my eyes
3 drugs. 450ish health, 140ish energy, 125 fire/xray. Crap por though but that's the problem with every high end rare user.

So where's that setup not worth it?

/edit 420ish health rather. Still fine.

Zeninja
27-01-06, 16:29
It's a shame you have to crouch using a FL to get half the aiming of a CS.

I used to try a TL 82 plasma rifle for pvp as a PE for a while, but I lomed back quickly to lowtech for the same reasons you just described here (though I managed to get a decent aiming by playing with 1st person view).

Now don't even use it for pvm unless you're hitting mobs at point blank, cause sniping/middle-range with trigger fully on makes half your plasma bullets (well let's say 1/3 or maybe 1/4 on your lucky day) going everywhere but on your target, no matter your aiming skills.

These taken apart, plasma has very sexy damage too (one FL burst > one CS burst) and remains my favourite type of TC ammo. Keep your FL for duels and events only :p

Dayum, I'd swear it was Jean-Claude Vandamme :lol:

Bugs Gunny
27-01-06, 16:34
He's belgian too, so yeah, could be :-)

RogerRamjet
27-01-06, 17:01
SuperPippaChannel was a Dissie PE for aslong as i can remember, shame he doesnt play anymore :(

And 8 - 12 drugs on a PE? WTF.

Dogface
27-01-06, 17:11
[OT] Bugs PM :D

Skusty
27-01-06, 17:57
Yeah, fix it! Its my love to but gah. :(

SorkZmok
27-01-06, 19:11
It's a shame you have to crouch using a FL to get half the aiming of a CS.

I used to try a TL 82 plasma rifle for pvp as a PE for a while, but I lomed back quickly to lowtech for the same reasons you just described here (though I managed to get a decent aiming by playing with 1st person view).

Now don't even use it for pvm unless you're hitting mobs at point blank, cause sniping/middle-range with trigger fully on makes half your plasma bullets (well let's say 1/3 or maybe 1/4 on your lucky day) going everywhere but on your target, no matter your aiming skills.

These taken apart, plasma has very sexy damage too (one FL burst > one CS burst) and remains my favourite type of TC ammo. Keep your FL for duels and events only :p

Dayum, I'd swear it was Jean-Claude Vandamme :lol:Yeh, before i lommed to FL i was playing a CS tank on mars. CS aiming is so much better than FL, it's insane.

And the hightech rifles are complete crap for pvp, i also tried the TL 82 EPR. It's a joke, nothing else. There's not one rifle viable for pvp. Sucks.

kurai
27-01-06, 19:45
My artifact laser pointed First Loves are going back into cab storage. :(

After some testing with Jini showed me that some aspects of the FL are different in NC2 that they were in NC1 I decided to give 'em a go again.

But - in the real world - it's still not worth the bother, considering all the other downsides.

I've been lugging the dead weight around for about 3 weeks now, and I can honestly say there hasn't been a single instance in all that time where it proved as useful, let alone more, than my other standard weapons.

Ho hum :(

pain_easer
27-01-06, 20:43
Hmm , Use a TSU and a POT and the person ur fighting is fucked

Dargeshaad
27-01-06, 21:04
Think it's been known for forever that the FL is a close close (phun intented) range rifle.....just weird that a cannon (CS) has better aim at long range than a rifle *shrug*

jini
27-01-06, 21:25
we can meet kid and duel a bit using the rifle. i also want to duel terayon. i'm certain that you are wrong about it, since i can almost snipe with the thing. Ofcourse I can't snipe like a HL does but its still pretty decent.

Kurai's fighting style is more tactics rather than close combat, so I can understand him putting it back in gogo.

on the other hand im using it all the time, and have placed the dissie in the gogo.

ammo consuption and weights and stamina drainage are all wrong assumptions. the truth is, that even twice as heavy you need to carry half of it. i dunno how to say this its a weird rifle, weird in every aspect. the right moto for this ifle would be "does everything in doubles" i like the rifle very much

Koshinn
27-01-06, 21:29
Disruptor pe takes two drugs.....
You can do it with 1 drug

ammo consuption and weights and stamina drainage are all wrong assumptions. the truth is, that even twice as heavy you need to carry half of it. i dunno how to say this its a weird rifle, weird in every aspect. the right moto for this ifle would be "does everything in doubles" i like the rifle very much

They're not assumptions, they're facts. The gun reloads every 4 seconds or something. If you take into account reload time, the Dissy does more damage. Actually I think it does more damage anyway. The ammo packets hold barely anythign! It's rediculous... double the amount each packet holds and you might see the gun more. The weight of the ammo is also hugely disadvantageous, especially to spies with only 40 str who need to put a lot into resist force. Stamina drain is still very very high, but it's actually less than a Healing Light. Then again, a Healing Light is better. :rolleyes:

Compare it to the Dissy and HL ammo... the laser ammo holds TONS of shots/bursts each and weights almost nothing... And they do at least as much damage as the FL does in the same time period. The lasers are longer range and hit more often, which means less wasted shots. The only advantage for the FL is that it destroys stealthers and it looks cool. :cool:

jini
27-01-06, 21:48
They're not assumptions, they're facts. The gun reloads every 4 seconds or something. If you take into account reload time, the Dissy does more damage. Actually I think it does more damage anyway. The ammo packets hold barely anythign! It's rediculous... double the amount each packet holds and you might see the gun more. The weight of the ammo is also hugely disadvantageous, especially to spies with only 40 str who need to put a lot into resist force. Stamina drain is still very very high, but it's actually less than a Healing Light. Then again, a Healing Light is better. :rolleyes:

Compare it to the Dissy and HL ammo... the laser ammo holds TONS of shots/bursts each and weights almost nothing... And they do at least as much damage as the FL does in the same time period. The lasers are longer range and hit more often, which means less wasted shots. The only advantage for the FL is that it destroys stealthers and it looks cool. :cool:
well its nice to see you back again koshinn, I have missed you since we/I owe you so much for invigorating the FL aspect ;).
As for the above, all are mistaken assumptions (or facts if you want), from someone that only takes out the FL for the occasional test. Im using the gun for more than 6 months now, maybe a year, i forget. i was using the dissruptor myself all the time. I must be mad or an idiot to have switched permanently to the FL. Apart its sexyness ofcourse. And everyone is entitled to his opinion

SorkZmok
27-01-06, 21:53
we can meet kid and duel a bit using the rifle. i also want to duel terayon. i'm certain that you are wrong about it, since i can almost snipe with the thing. Ofcourse I can't snipe like a HL does but its still pretty decent.

Kurai's fighting style is more tactics rather than close combat, so I can understand him putting it back in gogo.

on the other hand im using it all the time, and have placed the dissie in the gogo.

Next time ingame i'll ask for you on ooc for some duels. Though for duels it's fine. It's close up and i can aim that rifle pretty well now. If you hit a full clip close up where most blobs will hit, pretty much everyone is fucked, dmg is amazing then.
It's just in "real combat" where it's shit. As i said, try and chase someone. You're slow, you'll barely hit any blobs and you gotta pop stamina boosters nonstop to keep up. Not viable. :(

/edit
Anyway, i'm a stubborn idiot so i'll stick to it. Maybe i'll manage to use it to its full potential someday. And it's just nice to be one of only very few FL PEs. :)

Dargeshaad
27-01-06, 22:05
And it's just nice to be one of only very few FL PEs. :)
The cool kids use the Redeemer.....because it's aaalll that :cool:

Or be one of the even fewer FL monkeys

http://www.sitecenter.dk/x-files/nss-folder/scrapbog/shot0037.jpg

jini
27-01-06, 22:10
Next time ingame i'll ask for you on ooc for some duels. Though for duels it's fine. It's close up and i can aim that rifle pretty well now. If you hit a full clip close up where most blobs will hit, pretty much everyone is fucked, dmg is amazing then.
It's just in "real combat" where it's shit. As i said, try and chase someone. You're slow, you'll barely hit any blobs and you gotta pop stamina boosters nonstop to keep up. Not viable. :(

/edit
Anyway, i'm a stubborn idiot so i'll stick to it. Maybe i'll manage to use it to its full potential someday. And it's just nice to be one of only very few FL PEs. :)
i dont understand where is the difference with real combat
i can chase and hit pretty much everyone and everything
Saying that ALL rifles slow you down and yes there is a little stamina problem
thing is spies suck in stamina, but pes dont.

Zeninja
27-01-06, 22:53
i dont understand where is the difference with real combat
One fact is that FL requires to be much closer than any other rifle from your target so as to make significant damages. I'd even say that you have to use it as a pistol, "unfortunatly" it's slowing you down like any other rifle.

So your opponent got many more chances to escape when things are getting bad for him, cause small clips + half bullets missing from long to middle range = no way to finish him (just like a CS and HC weapons in general) where any single-shot rifle like HL or even an assault rifle would do the job.

I stay on my idea that FL is just perfect for duels (some may ask for larger clips though) because of his great (and possibly indirect like any plasma weapon) damages ; I bet it outdamage a HL from far if only you can hit with every single bullet. But "real combat" rarely looks like a fair duel especially in OPs, and the fact that your bullets are flying everywhere becomes a real handicap too when you have to take care not to hit teammates and/or focusing on a single target.

FL reminds me of the Doom plasma rifle, rarely useful but efficient like hell when used at the right time.

jini
27-01-06, 23:02
again maybe i'm not that smart, but i dont see the difference between an op war or a duel. you just go, pick up your enemy and shoot. your bullets dont just "fly anywhere". I can partially agree that you cant land all bullets on stationary targets, but on moving subjects things change a lot.

anyway it's just a rifle guys. i'm at least happy that i now see a lot of people wanting to give it a try. however and because i was using it for a very long time i can also say its not the easiest thing it is. i have also seen another spy using it and it was eric cryton, but i dunno how good he was. he also old me that he was liking it very much. other than that i dunno. besides, with all this major fuckup with monks, i cant find spies anymore to test things :(

Edit: i firmly believe that if you are a good aimer kid, there is nothing out there that can beat this rifle. it's so powerfull that i usually notice runners running away from it too ;)

giga191
28-01-06, 00:56
Hmm , Use a TSU and a POT and the person ur fighting is fucked don't write in blue, it's bad enough that FN does it

Terayon
28-01-06, 01:40
I seriously LOVE this rifle. Its alright in duels and i find it better for group ganking then the executioner im used to becouse of the long bursts, or damage per aimed trigger pull. Its a bit frustrating how lucky i have to be sometimes. I can chase someone and have em all hit, or have the opposite.

My main problem, like you mentioned, is the tiny clip. It is WAY to small, it should be double the size it is now or so more damage to compensate. Seriously wrecks the guns entire damage per minute numbers.

It also has this bug, and im not sure if this is with more weapons since 2.1, but i reload at 16/20 and it reloads and i dont get the ammo. Stays at 16. Have to shoot some more for it to reload properly.

I can get a tsu or a cheap pe i have lying around for further shots and finishing kills off, i think ill try it tonight.

BTW the exe is seriously much better for duels then this FL but i cant snipe as a exe pe and wheres the challenge in using such a good weapon :) .

Scaramanga
28-01-06, 01:57
It also has this bug, and im not sure if this is with more weapons since 2.1, but i reload at 16/20 and it reloads and i dont get the ammo. Stays at 16. Have to shoot some more for it to reload properly.

I get the same kind of bug with a raygun cannon on my HC PE. Seems that it wastes the first shot (in your case burst). The speed of you firing after attempted reload may have something to do with it.

SorkZmok
28-01-06, 02:06
again maybe i'm not that smart, but i dont see the difference between an op war or a duel. you just go, pick up your enemy and shoot. your bullets dont just "fly anywhere". I can partially agree that you cant land all bullets on stationary targets, but on moving subjects things change a lot.

anyway it's just a rifle guys. i'm at least happy that i now see a lot of people wanting to give it a try. however and because i was using it for a very long time i can also say its not the easiest thing it is. i have also seen another spy using it and it was eric cryton, but i dunno how good he was. he also old me that he was liking it very much. other than that i dunno. besides, with all this major fuckup with monks, i cant find spies anymore to test things :(

Edit: i firmly believe that if you are a good aimer kid, there is nothing out there that can beat this rifle. it's so powerfull that i usually notice runners running away from it too ;)
I'm only using it for a short time now. I might change my opinion but as it is now, it's not viable. As in "The HL is way better cause of aiming/range/clipsize/better implant setup".

About the aiming, still getting used to it. Can't wait till i can use it properly. :) As i said, if you manage to hit a full clip, pretty much everyone is toast. Nearly wasted a blessed hybrid with it, not even DBed or using the old noob heal on him. Too bad he was a clipping whore. :(

For hit and run, theres nothing better than the FL. Unstealth and empty a clip right into their back. Hurts like fuck. Yay. That's what i love.

And if i wouldnt have deleted my capped rifle spy (OMG IM SUCH AN IDIOT), i'd be using the FL on him. Damn.

jini
28-01-06, 07:30
damagewise i think the hiend rifles go like this:
HL->FL->dissruptor.
but the differences are so small that its not even worth mentioning.
what's more important is the feel of the rifle itself. and this is a personal matter. so far i have used all those rifles and now im stick to the FL. we can do elaborate duels with different rifles to find the holygrail rifle. we can arrange a meeting us 3 kid and terayon and whoever else wants to join and test them. an epic bd apartment is good, or let bugs decide since his imagination runs wild these days (i dunno why rofl)

about the bug terayon mentions: yes i have also notice this myself but on fusion cannons. i just wish rifles dont have the same bug because then....

as for a large clip for the FL i would clearly say NO. the rifle is powerfull enough as it is. with double the magazine it could insta kill any runner.

the accuracy thing: if i was trully sincere here i would like to have this had some better accuracy, but on the other hand this rifle's "inaccuracy" is what made it so good. kid you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you will feel confident using the rifle. furthermore the fact that the rifle is not for everyone already says a lot to me. if i wanted to win everyone, i would have made a apu hybrid

SorkZmok
28-01-06, 07:36
damagewise i think the hiend rifles go like this:
HL->FL->dissruptor.
but the differences are so small that its not even worth mentioning.
what's more important is the feel of the rifle itself. and this is a personal matter. so far i have used all those rifles and now im stick to the FL. we can do elaborate duels with different rifles to find the holygrail rifle. we can arrange a meeting us 3 kid and terayon and whoever else wants to join and test them. an epic bd apartment is good, or let bugs decide since his imagination runs wild these days (i dunno why rofl)

about the bug terayon mentions: yes i have also notice this myself but on fusion cannons. i just wish rifles dont have the same bug because then....

as for a large clip for the FL i would clearly say NO. the rifle is powerfull enough as it is. with double the magazine it could insta kill any runner.

the accuracy thing: if i was trully sincere here i would like to have this had some better accuracy, but on the other hand this rifle's "inaccuracy" is what made it so good. kid you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you will feel confident using the rifle. furthermore the fact that the rifle is not for everyone already says a lot to me. if i wanted to win everyone, i would have made a apu hybridWell. I just beat the shit out of a judge pe, a cs tank and an apu hybrid at the (OMG LAME) MB zoneline. I'm really getting into it. :)
Duels tomorrow night. Rather tonight. Shit, i need some sleep. It's 6:30 in the morning here. Doh!

Died twice though, damn bugs and all that. :lol:

Terayon
28-01-06, 07:47
Well..... im just comparing vs the executioner and judge, not other rifles. Becouse i have no idea if its balanced vs other rifles, its been a long time since ive used high tech rifles.

I would also love to duel another FL pe or spy, and compare other rifles in pvp fights some time. Ill probably be on all day tomarrow, and definitly be on tomarrow night your time. Thats like 4pm for me.

jini
28-01-06, 09:32
another good experiment would be to try out also a h-c pe, which i happen to have as well versus the FL, even though i can predict the result on that one.

kid as far as you deleting the rifle spy: its not that bad, because i do believe that FL pe is a lot better in all aspects versus a spy, and this is indeed maybe the only weapon that overpowers the pe against another pure class, be it a spy or a tank or even a monk (not hybrids). note as well that the FL is not a WoC item...

Koshinn
29-01-06, 10:42
kid as far as you deleting the rifle spy: its not that bad, because i do believe that FL pe is a lot better in all aspects versus a spy, and this is indeed maybe the only weapon that overpowers the pe against another pure class, be it a spy or a tank or even a monk (not hybrids). note as well that the FL is not a WoC item...
I think slasher and xbow (but it's woc so maybe it doesnt count) also overpower PEs. Oh, and tsunami epic rifle..

Terayon
29-01-06, 12:19
Lets complain about the TSU while the speedgat does more then nearly every other h-c weapon and then some. :eek: Its scary finding someone who knows how to use it properly.

The TSU is fine, it just dousent do as much damage in comparison to the PE.

xyl_az
29-01-06, 12:26
Lets complain about the TSU while the speedgat does more then nearly every other h-c weapon and then some. :eek: Its scary finding someone who knows how to use it properly.

The TSU is fine, it just dousent do as much damage in comparison to the PE.

no the TSU is 20 TL beyond his lvl...

Terayon
29-01-06, 12:31
no the TSU is 20 TL beyond his lvl...

What? :wtf:

Explain, becouse i have no idea what your talking about.

xyl_az
29-01-06, 12:47
What? :wtf:

Explain, becouse i have no idea what your talking about.

Aye sorry, i simply meant that TSU has the dmg output of a TL 95 weapon while beeing TL 75 weapon. So it is overpowered, in terms of game balancing mechanics.

SorkZmok
29-01-06, 15:29
Aye sorry, i simply meant that TSU has the dmg output of a TL 95 weapon while beeing TL 75 weapon. So it is overpowered, in terms of game balancing mechanics.
Same with the CM epic. It's TL 75 aswell and it outdamages nearly every other heavy weapon.

Though i don't think those guns are overpowered damagewise, theyre overpowered setupwise seeing that PEs can go for extremely defensive setups and still cap those guns. That's what i dont think is ok.

Anyway, this is about the FL. :)

jini
29-01-06, 17:24
yes ok. will you both of you login at the same time online to do some stupid tests? :lol:

SorkZmok
29-01-06, 17:29
yes ok. will you both of you login at the same time online to do some stupid tests? :lol:Can't anymore. My main account already expired, the Stardust one will expire in the next days. And i'm just about to delete NC from my computer so i can actually get all that fucking work for uni done. I might log on tonight one last time but i dunno yet.

I'll be back in about 2 weeks as soon as i got some money to pay for the 2 accounts again. :rolleyes:

On the FL again, i seriously love it now that i got used to it. Think i'll just carry a TS rifle or TT laser with me for sniping/chasing people in the open. Maybe even one of those few crap Healing Lights i still got lying around. :)

jini
31-01-06, 08:26
These days I had the chance to play a bit with my H-C pe and test the tpc(or CS) and compare it with the FL. In my honest opinion the two guns differ a lot, in the following:
Both the FL and CS can shoot medium distant targets (those around 150-200meters) the CS does this a bit more accurate. meaning 4 blobs can hit while the FL loses a bit in that area. However and for this range, theres no way to dodge/move and still shoot with the CS, while doing so with FL is possible. The same applies for both guns in short ranges. The FL does have the bonus of being a rifle. Therefore saying that you cant shoot a rhino or a mob in short range with FL is simply a myth. You can both snipe it and dodge hit it. You can also hit a target running away with it no problem with that either.
And i suspect that the same apply for the EPR allthough i have not a decent EPR to test

John Wu
31-01-06, 09:53
And i suspect that the same apply for the EPR allthough i have not a decent EPR to test
it does - Silent Hunter / EPR was my favourite combination when I was a sniper.

but one thing is true, plasma weapons are harder to aim than others. one spy was fighting me with his HL, and did quite ok. the other day he was attacking me with a FL and didn't hit shit.

Koshinn
31-01-06, 10:11
Therefore saying that you cant shoot a rhino or a mob in short range with FL is simply a myth

Of course it's a myth.

More accurately, it's an exageration and a joke. I thought you knew that? :confused:

jini
31-01-06, 10:32
Besides the SH... why do they suck? Disruptor is the only one even remotely worth using. Compared to the slasher it sucks tbh. The First Love reloads every 5 shots and misses for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The Healing Light ... is bugged or something. It seems to hit but it doesn't. To top it off, besides the Disruptor, all tc rifles eat stamina like candy. And they all reduce runspeed! Their range is limited by 2 things: clipping plane and the way the aiming system works.

Now TC Pistols... Long range, no runspeed reduction, no stamina loss, they do MORE DAMAGE. :(
yea.. well you gotta decide which is which mate.
As for your question, ofcourse i knew it was a myth like many myths i see in those forums.
I gotta admit though that this entirely negative post of yours bring the exact oppposite result :lol:

jini
31-01-06, 11:13
but one thing is true, plasma weapons are harder to aim than others. one spy was fighting me with his HL, and did quite ok. the other day he was attacking me with a FL and didn't hit shit.
that is very true indeed, which is why I miss all those old vet tanks using CSs. The CS now, sadly is substituted with the ravager or the speedgun and i found this sad. The original tank will allways be associated with the CS

Bugs Gunny
31-01-06, 11:17
We dueled a good cs tank last night.
Fiese drecksackblase. Good aim with the CS, ********** me on my spy, and on my pe it was 1/1.

When a tank gets all 4shots in you'll be amazed at how fast your health drops with a CS.

John Wu
31-01-06, 11:21
lol@fiese drecksackblase.

but its true, one clip of CS and everyone is down to 1/2 health. another one and you're history, or down to <10% health - provided every burst hits. same with first love.

but compared with slasher they still suck. that pistol makes your health drop so fast its not funny anymore.

jini
31-01-06, 11:22
same thing happens with FL. and that's what i miss. and some still believe in the other myth about losing dmg of burst weapons when you hit locations in body :)

Edit: @John: I disagree John. If you can aim the CS/FL there's little a slasher user can do. Pistollero will try to break the tank's aimlock. The tank hits hard. If they are both very good, he first one who accesses heal is lost

Blausiegel
31-01-06, 13:11
I want my CS back to how it was...
I dont care about the actual damage it does, but i lost the feeling of beeing a HC Tank :(

jini
31-01-06, 13:33
I want to see tanks using it too. It's ashame every tank has turned out a melee, or ravager user. The cannon still owns. I still prefer FL however (personal preference) and only because it gives more speed. Protest against nib weapons... but ill try making one :lol:

RogerRamjet
31-01-06, 14:00
The ravager sucks balls. Ive never seen a gun do as little damage to anyone after a full clip.

jini
31-01-06, 16:24
...but ill try making one :lol:
this doesnt make any sence :)
I meant to say that I wasn't very good at making signatures, and that I will try making one... but the moment i started i got bored :lol: so this is what was left of it :angel: now you know why i called my spy lazy bee

Terayon
01-02-06, 09:46
same thing happens with FL. and that's what i miss. and some still believe in the other myth about losing dmg of burst weapons when you hit locations in body :)

Edit: @John: I disagree John. If you can aim the CS/FL there's little a slasher user can do. Pistollero will try to break the tank's aimlock. The tank hits hard. If they are both very good, he first one who accesses heal is lost

Well.... there is the possability i did somthing wrong but ill put forward a little fight i had against a slasher spy. Fight starts. I heal, then DB him as he is running to me with his own heal running. He starts shooting me. My db catches first try, i pull out the first love. He is still shooting me, my recticle is still closing. I begin to fire, he is still shooting me. In the end i basicly get off my entire clip with a full lock on the damage boosted spy but by the time my reload finishes im already died. He is at about 1/4HP . His heal stops running as he is looking over my corpse.

In the end we both didnt miss a burst and i lost. Just my experiance i had yesterday.

jini
01-02-06, 10:12
it's like trying to DB a monk tera. Too much time wasted. DB doesnt work to everyone, unless you can cast it and break his lock, but then again its difficult. Pistols are fast.

DB+FL sounds a bit overpowered. 1/4 hp left sounds a lot. who is the spy? try him again, and let us do sme tests as well

l8m0n
01-02-06, 11:09
i went in NF last nite on my tank with a few m8s and some other guys, and tbh CS owns without a PPU in the game, i owned the apus before they could get me down to half life, spy with slasher was a close fight but i still one every time, PEs were but more harder because they can self heal and DB.

The CS is still a good weapon, yeh its only 20 rounds and 2 mags a you can allmost* drop anything.

I wasnt using PA and i have what i think is a good setup cos i wanst takin alot of damg from a slasher ;)

Ive said it before, if you have the skills then any class is good, and plus im a tank vet :lol:

Bugs Gunny
01-02-06, 11:18
The problem with tanks is not the tank itself, but the fact that most old good tankplayers switched to apus and ppus for opfights.

l8m0n
01-02-06, 11:47
The problem with tanks is not the tank itself, but the fact that most old good tankplayers switched to apus and ppus for opfights.
lol this is true, after my first OP war back from a year out i changed to my apu, but after last nite im going to start playing my tank again ;)

netster
01-02-06, 12:20
yeah, alot do it ....(but i'll stay on my tank forever, when someone screams for opfight on vent); and personally i can say alot of ff doesnt change to apu/ppu. we have/had good pe's/spy's too :) *waves out to BB!*

Netphreak
01-02-06, 23:30
Ok. I recently lommed my PE to a First Love setup. I really love that gun since i ever seen it the first time back in NC1 ages ago. Sexiest gun by far.

After a few days i gotta say that gun is complete wank. For duels, damn nice. Apart from that, crap.
Close up the gun ********** pretty much everyone. But that's CLOSE up. As soon as your enemy gets away more than 5 feet, you're fucked. I chased a midlevel tank about half a zone tonight because once he gets further away than those 5 feet the FL barely ever hits more than 2 blobs out of 4. More like never. I was actually feeling lucky when 2 blobs managed to hit.

It's fucking impossible to kill someone with it who isn't hugging you. I know it actually is a rifle for close combat, but that's just a joke.

I forgot who wrote that but it's so damn true.
"The FL couldn't hit a Rhino if you were sitting inside." :mad:

Another thing is the weight. The rifle itself weights a ton. Not to mention the ammo. And you gotta carry around a load of ammo because of the high rate of fire. What would lead me right to the next point, the "reload fix". Haha. Emptying a clip takes the same time the FL needs to reload. Ha ha ha. But don't even get me started on that shit.

Also, stamina drain is an issue with the FL. One clip fired and i'm walking.

And now don't tell me anything about aiming, i cap damage, aiming, get 212 shots a min and 505m range on my fully artifact FL. And i damn sure know how to pvp.

Good thing i can just swap my reflex 4 for an exp reflex 4 and use the dissie. Though i really don't like that rifle. I wanna use my FL!

Oh, another thing...whenever i'm fighting in places with vegetation (grass), i get weird mouselag. My fps seem to be fine still but my mouse just lags. I move left and it takes my char about half a second to actually turn left. That shit got me killed just last night. No chance to hit someone when your mouse always is behind. :rolleyes:

You see everytime you used to beat me wasn't just because I wasn't capped only used destrol forte and of course because you were much better at pvp.

I love the gun but at ranges that it (a rifle after all) should be best at it really sucks. CS is far more accurate at range than the First Love is.

Using a First Love at range is abit like being at a Rave inside Neocron Green blobs flying everywhere.

CMaster
02-02-06, 03:13
Tanks use Ravs? Most tanks I see either use CS or Dev-whore.
Tanks are underestimated though. Me on PPU plus The Man Himself (uncappped tank) have carved our way through a competent, 4-man force before including APUs - you gotta get lucky and know what you are doing, but do it right and the Tank/PPU combination can be very effective. They can still hold their own one-on-one as well, but they make a rather poor raiding class for a collection of reasons - drugged up PE is hard to beat as a raiding char.

Terayon
02-02-06, 07:01
The spy was edward IV .

I wouldent have dbed him if i thought he would be so accurate :eek: .

Anyways im logged in now so just give me a shout if you want to test.

jini
02-02-06, 08:39
Rofl.. not on him terayon :)
But anyway change the time of DBing and you will manage DB him. But like i said DB is useless against a good pvper, unless you are hybrid

I was online for a short time @ 8:30. u werent in

Koshinn
02-02-06, 08:44
Rofl.. not on him terayon :)
But anyway change the time of DBing and you will manage DB him. But like i said DB is useless against a good pvper, unless you are hybrid

I was online for a short time @ 8:30. u werent in
DB sanc on the other hand... :angel:

jini
02-02-06, 08:48
DB sanctum on a FL pe? is it possible? even if its doable its not needed. the rifle is already powerfull as it is and DB works fine

Koshinn
02-02-06, 09:44
DB sanctum on a FL pe? is it possible? even if its doable its not needed. the rifle is already powerfull as it is and DB works fine
Yeah, easy. I could do it if I popped a single PSI lom and used 1 more psi drug. (I'm at 40 psi now for the gaya glove)

edit: oops, I forgot PA4 gives -4 psi or something. I don't use PE PA for my FL setup so the issue never came up in my mind. lol

RogerRamjet
02-02-06, 10:01
Yeah, easy. I could do it if I popped a single PSI lom and used 1 more psi drug. (I'm at 40 psi now for the gaya glove)

edit: oops, I forgot PA4 gives -4 psi or something. I don't use PE PA for my FL setup so the issue never came up in my mind. lol

Anti Rad suit?

Bugs Gunny
02-02-06, 10:18
You could cast it with pa off then put it on

jini
02-02-06, 10:46

Rofl.. YOU started a FL pe? who's your pe that does all that? i wanna see him in action.
how many drugs do you take?

landofcake
02-02-06, 10:49
are there even 8 - 12 drugs for a PE to take ?!?

Koshinn
03-02-06, 05:00
Rofl.. YOU started a FL pe? who's your pe that does all that? i wanna see him in action.
how many drugs do you take?

I've had a FL PE since November, but I think only a couple people know who it is. I'd like to keep it that way too. :angel:
3 drugs btw.

You could cast it with pa off then put it on
Yeah, that's a good option actually, since it lasts 2 min, same length as your shield buffs so you can do all 3 at once.

Terayon
03-02-06, 06:14
I've had a FL PE since November, but I think only a couple people know who it is. I'd like to keep it that way too. :angel:

There are like 3 other first love pe's on the server. With some simple math it shouldent be to hard to figure it out :P.

jini
03-02-06, 08:07
yea. Koshinn allways loved secrecy :p

Bugs Gunny
03-02-06, 11:45
Koshin's pe lives in nf since he uses an antirad suit.

Kame
03-02-06, 11:59
Hmm i think i know who it is... ;)

Koshinn
03-02-06, 18:24
Koshin's pe lives in nf since he uses an antirad suit.
Yep, and I'm too cheap to pay for drugs. :lol:

However I do have 2 ARSs incase I lose one... but yeah... losing even 1 is horrible!