PDA

View Full Version : Seeing this made me feel somewhat nostalgic...

BlackDove
27-01-06, 09:03
http://www.freewebs.com/privatepics/graveyard.JPG

Damn those were the good days ;)

-FN-
27-01-06, 09:08
Yeah... but "backpacks slowed the servers down blah, blah, blah..." :rolleyes:

Instead now we have a system where you can't tell if the user logs out or taps out and a GR interface that hasn't been updated. Great. I went from nostaligic to nauseated. Thanks :p

suler
27-01-06, 09:46
Auto charging the fee for the backpack is annoying for noob characters also.

BlackDove
27-01-06, 10:40
Personally I'm just biased to the "proof of death" gimmick. You could always leave your presence, almost as large as your body when you died for days on end, instead of the insignificant dogtag. Backpack was innovative. I liked it, though the whole "retrieve" thing from the GR and random placement of inventory was a pain.

Still... you'll never see a shot like that again... and the game is that much poorer for it.

solling
27-01-06, 11:17
but now ur inventory dont ghet fucked up YAY that is the greatest feature ever :)

xyzzy
27-01-06, 11:26
?? I was fighting in PP 2 days ago against an unamed clan pepper park isn't dead you just have to annoy the right people :angel:

(Greatest feature is orginization of grs, vs's rerolling your caped char to have grs in right order) :cool:

Richard Slade
27-01-06, 16:18
Neostalgia(TM) isn't always a good thing

Selendor
27-01-06, 16:29
but now ur inventory dont ghet fucked up YAY that is the greatest feature ever :)

Oh god yes, anyone with a PPU can relate to that. Definitely something I don't miss.

Now all they need to do is update wrecked items in your inventory and stop the hidden inventory item swap when you die.

RogerRamjet
27-01-06, 16:58
lol, Xantor was busy that day ^^

SorkZmok
27-01-06, 17:17
but now ur inventory dont ghet fucked up YAY that is the greatest feature ever :)Mine still gets mixed up a bit when i die. Also, after death one of my item always ends up waaaay down somewhere in my inventory. I have to scroll down about a mile to find it.

Not to mention the items-on-death-changing-bug that is still around and fucking annoying. Or the implant-being-broken-after-relogging-bug. Bah.

Brew
27-01-06, 20:06
well that explains some things...

i wondered why i was getting autocharged for genrepping when i died, why all my inventory always seemed to be there, and why there's no backpacks anywhere

i thought it was LE related, but I transferred one of my old characters over and it did it for him too (this was from back in the day when no one other than the most extreme carebear wore an LE due to the exp hit)

speaking of character transfers, i had to delete my tank, sort of annoyed me. i transferred him over, and somehow he got turned into a monk. I had 2 million STR experience but it was capped at lvl 20, and somehow I had 50+ free points in PSI to spend.

none of my implants worked, none of my armor was equippable, none of my weaponry was usable. oh, and the ingame "help" apparently has no actual operators.

oh well. got some duranit armor for my PE anyway.

screwups like that make me wonder if the Ray of God my spy came over with is actually what he last logged out with. I coulda sworn it was a Redeemer...

Dargeshaad
27-01-06, 21:07
http://www.freewebs.com/privatepics/graveyard.JPG

Damn those were the good days ;)
Yea was good fun when people tried to spell something with their backpacks in p1 :lol:

Digital-Talios
27-01-06, 21:19
Yea and male sex organs with white metal plates comming from the top :rolleyes:

QuakCow
27-01-06, 21:22
i liked the backpack system alot better...but my only experience with it was the little bit we had at the beginning of nc2.

Vryce
27-01-06, 21:35
Yeah, I miss the thrill of running to my backpack; saved a ton of money, too. :p

xyzzy
27-01-06, 22:07
Blackdove is stating the enormous amount of pvp action that occured in past times occured to now you forum monkeys.

Mr Kot
27-01-06, 22:41
Yea was good fun when people tried to spell something with their backpacks in p1 :lol:
http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/twat.jpg

:lol:

l8m0n
27-01-06, 23:01
lol at that pic :lol:

pain_easer
27-01-06, 23:27
Ahh man , how fun the old days were :(

rob444
28-01-06, 01:02
Yeah... but "backpacks slowed the servers down blah, blah, blah..." :rolleyes:

lol, simple entities slowed down the servers? Well my name is Bill Clinton.

Mr Kot
28-01-06, 04:14
lol, simple entities slowed down the servers? Well my name is Bill Clinton.
It wasn't just the prettily arranged backpack models, there were the contents too that the server had to keep track of. Virtually every zone had backpacks here there and everywhere.

kurai
28-01-06, 04:24
Yea was good fun when people tried to spell something with their backpacks in p1 :lol:http://www.zen67459.zen.co.uk/random/sex3.jpg
http://www.zen67459.zen.co.uk/random/sex2.jpg
http://www.zen67459.zen.co.uk/random/sex1.jpg
:)

BlackDove
28-01-06, 08:21
Blackdove is stating the enormous amount of pvp action that occured in past times occured to now
:) Indeed, specially in that PP part...

Obsidian X
28-01-06, 15:52
I also loved how backpacks were a good indicator of how safe a GR was.... back in the day OZ station used to be littered with them, which said to noobs "Use if you want to die" :lol:

eprodigy
28-01-06, 20:06
there is some items you can throw on the ground still that have the backback model...

Drake6k
29-01-06, 16:25
I just noticed that screenshot of pp1 doesn't have an ALIENWARE ADVERTISEMENT.

SorkZmok
29-01-06, 17:22
:) Indeed, specially in that PP part...
Over the last days, pepper park is seeing more and more pvp again.

Especially last night had some amazing battles that went from the outzone right through to pepper park 1.
And that definatly wasn't the last time. :)

/edit
I just wish KK would reduce the amount of guards in pp1/2, the amount is ridiculous.
It's an amazing place to fight with all the corners, sewers, basements and jones mission caves. :)

To bad it's restricted to spies and PEs as you got zero chance if you can't stealthwhore. :(

.hack//sign
01-02-06, 07:49
how i miss the p1 pvp,before they removed the copbot on top^)_^