PDA

View Full Version : Forum files and reccords

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 01:36
As i understand every "bad" thing u say and or admit to is recorded into a file for your Account- Which would there for restrict you from any positions with athority within the game, well i want to know whats in my file, all the little secrets and notes made about me now how do u go about doing that? here in arizona we just make a request and the reccords must be shown to us within reasonable time. Does anyone know how to receve these records maby a forum gm can comment?

Mighty Max
27-01-06, 01:42
I guess you should PM with your request.

cRazy-
27-01-06, 01:47
Its the data protection act, but I dont know if it counts for forum posts, usually its just for personal and identifiable infomation.

I wouldnt mind knowing too but I doubt i'll be shown the info. I also dont know if I agree with this 'say anything bad and you can never apply for a position'. Some things people say airnt nessesserily bad, they might just be over-opinionated or have a acceptable view which isnt allowed on the forum, people can change when they get an authoritive role to complete.

But whatever, its a fail-safe system thats for sure.

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 01:49
it dosent matter what we think or if we believe its our point of view its in a file and if they dont like it your not getting any admin roles beleve me ive ben told :D they said im a bad boy

Gotterdammerung
27-01-06, 02:05
Any record that may be kept would not be divulged to anyone. This is a private forum and not subject to any freedom of information act.

LTA
27-01-06, 04:29
Lot of people told me that to and some ex gms that went to another game dev company (of course no divulging of names since its what he just said above) i tarnished my record from the first day i fataled lol

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 04:31
Any record that may be kept would not be divulged to anyone. This is a private forum and not subject to any freedom of information act.

I figured as much as much gotterdammerung, Not even myself? thanks for the positive re enfocment, BTW is this going on the perm reccord? :D

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 05:36
Hey if i got a reccord, can i have a mugshot at least? maby some fingerprints ill add it to my aviator and my sig :D

ZoVoS
27-01-06, 07:33
who realy cares... second u get any place of power outside of the game the game becomes a responsability and a chore...

games are there to play n have fun, which is why i say what i please =] although i try to keep it withing the rules =]

if you want to rise to a seat of power do it in game. become a fraction leader.. rally the troops. destroy the enemys... with the more dynamic sytem that seems to be being introduced this seems ever more posible

Spermy
27-01-06, 13:54
I already moderate another site. I can't see anyone who would want to moderate this community - we have some rational people, but this fact remains about out of game forums.

They're 90% bitching. Must take a lot of patience to moderate. :p Thankfully the SSX are nice guys.

Brammers
27-01-06, 14:12

Which country you refering to? US, or Europe?

Edit: Ok the Freedom of Information act in the UK I think is generally refering to goverment records, but the UK does have the Data Protection act. The EU version name escapes me.

Lodar
27-01-06, 15:24
Which country you refering to? US, or Europe?

Edit: Ok the Freedom of Information act in the UK I think is generally refering to goverment records, but the UK does have the Data Protection act. The EU version name escapes me.

If we kept any records, they would only be for the purpose of recording rule breaks on the forums, and nothing more. There would be no personally identifiable information within said theoretical records, and I'm no legal expert, but I think the Data Protection Act applies only to personally identifiable information.

/edit: As Gotter already said, if we did have such records, they would not be divulged to anyone, so this thread seems somewhat redundant now.

Thread Closed.