PDA

View Full Version : Today in Neocron

Drake6k
27-01-06, 00:22
Today I logged into Neocron on my level 40 tank to level up...

I was running past the NEXT HQ and the angry guards killed me in the crossfire. NP I didn't know. I had to wait on impairment, find a poker, and get my belt.

Ok so I'm all fixed up again, I drop some old ammo on the ground and I'm off.
Wait a minute, my armor wont go on... ok gonna relog.
I've dropped two of my guns on the floor, someone took them, and I was trying to wear ammo.
Yeah ok KK, I can deal with that. I've had worse happen to me.

I transfer an old gun from my alt and I'm ready to go again!! I zone from plaza1 to plaza2 so I can do aggie missions.. but I zone into someones apartment! silly old bug, still hasn't been fixed. Ok going down stairs.. I'm in plaza2.

Going into aggie cellars to do a aggie caption mission. I go down and start killing an aggie. I FRE. I login dead.

GOD DAMN IT!!!! My marine popped again, I lost my inq4 helm, I'm 40% impaired, and I need two drugs to put my fucking implants back in. No poker in P1. I FRE again. I post this thread on the forums.

So yeah, thats what wrong with Neocron.
Oh and ppus

/edit: why don't I include the old stuff in trade window goes back over and over again bug, and the someone zones and you cant see them bug, and the someone uses a lift and gets stuck there on my screen bug. Yeah those were fun today too.

Apocalypsox
27-01-06, 01:00
uhm first of all...if you die...in aggys...on a 40 TANK...with a MARINES AND INQ 4 i would highly consider deleting your tank and or never playing again. 2 it was probly just you. 3 it could have just been HORRIBLY bad luck and you might not FRE again a week.

suler
27-01-06, 01:06
uhm first of all...if you die...in aggys...on a 40 TANK...with a MARINES AND INQ 4 i would highly consider deleting your tank and or never playing again..

Yes because dieing while fataled is a lack of SKILLLZZZ. All my characters can fight off 20 people while fataled. They also get full bonus' for my resists and health.

RentonDraines
27-01-06, 01:10
uhm first of all...if you die...in aggys...on a 40 TANK...with a MARINES AND INQ 4 i would highly consider deleting your tank and or never playing again.

lawls @ you. Maybe if you talk down at him some more and maybe try calling him names next time, he'll stop getting BUGGED. Oh, of course he will because he'll stop playing like everyone else, and population % will drop down another notch.

Why do you people insist on attacking the messenger every time they bring up bugs that should have been fixed 2 years ago?!!?

[edit: spelling]

Drake6k
27-01-06, 01:21
thank you both :D

3 aggies on me and I was 2/3 health, what can I say, neocron loads slow.

Anyways, I'm not gonna quit or anything. I'm just not leveling up my old alts.
New players might not be so accepting.

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 01:45
These problems will ALWAYS be here and never be fixed. WHY u ask? becasue the codes written in the core files are currupt, Whys that, what do u mean u ask, well Rekktor is on a low budget and hired cheep coders and the coders "fucked up" when the wrote the core code files for the game. WHEN will they fix it u ask, NEVER it will cost more than the games worth to re write the core files and hire new "BETTER" coders, if you dont believe me speak to your friendly gm he'll tell yah im right :D No harsh feelings tho i still love the game

(P.S. if it was sony or activision these problems would never be here they only hire the best)

SOo0o0o0o0o0o Quitcha Bitchin! :D

And humm yeah like they said if u got a tank with a marine in go get sum launcher action at least, i mean u dont even need skill for launchers!! :D ARGG

LTA
27-01-06, 04:25
uhm first of all...if you die...in aggys...on a 40 TANK...with a MARINES AND INQ 4 i would highly consider deleting your tank and or never playing again. 2 it was probly just you. 3 it could have just been HORRIBLY bad luck and you might not FRE again a week.

Hmm people should know Neocron to know its not just the user.. if it is the users fault then a large majority has shit comps coz i dont know many who never FRE...

Fre'd infront of aggies on a tank is bad news....especially non deflect using ones

2. that point is bs, i have had them problems consistently most days since Evo 2.1, especially the apartment spawning, zone lags, the items changing models.

and the above if thats the case why dont kk just admit that publically in a announcement post... or wouldnt that go down to well...
lets leave it because its in the core code, i am glad other gaming companies dont have that mentality... i have seen smaller teams work harder to sort core bugs out...

IceStorm
27-01-06, 05:27
Wait a minute, my armor wont go on... ok gonna relog. You've been here since 2002 and you don't know that any time you die you should relog?
I zone from plaza1 to plaza2 so I can do aggie missions.. but I zone into someones apartment! silly old bug, still hasn't been fixed.And probably never will be.
I go down and start killing an aggie. I FRE. I login dead.

GOD DAMN IT!!!! My marine popped again, I lost my inq4 helm,Do you have no resist force? Were you not using Deflector? Christ, my Spy can fatal in the aggies cellar and log back in before dying.

You've been here since 2002. These are all old/known bugs. They're not fixed. If your reactivation is based on those bugs/issues being fixed then you might as well quit now.

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 05:33
Question:

if You've been here since 2002. These are all old/known bugs. They're not fixed. If your reactivation is based on those bugs/issues being fixed then you might as well quit now.

Answer:

These problems will ALWAYS be here and never be fixed. WHY u ask? becasue the codes written in the core files are currupt, Whys that, what do u mean u ask, well Rekktor is on a low budget and hired cheep coders and the coders "fucked up" when the wrote the core code files for the game. WHEN will they fix it u ask, NEVER it will cost more than the games worth to re write the core files and hire new "BETTER" coders, if you dont believe me speak to your friendly gm he'll tell yah im right No harsh feelings tho i still love the game.

Redburn
27-01-06, 10:48
Today I logged into Neocron on my level 40 tank to level up...

I was running past the NEXT HQ and the angry guards killed me in the crossfire. NP I didn't know. I had to wait on impairment, find a poker, and get my belt.

Wait a minute, my armor wont go on... ok gonna relog.
I've dropped two of my guns on the floor, someone took them, and I was trying to wear ammo.
Yeah ok KK, I can deal with that. I've had worse happen to me.

Everytime I die I GR to TH for a poke on my Tank or APU I never have had a time where I could just wait for SI and put my armor back and leave I have to re-log once so I can use my armor if not I get that message when I place my armor on "you can't use that implant" and you go and place it back in inventroy and it's gone until you re-log.

Spermy
27-01-06, 13:51
[QUOTE]These problems will ALWAYS be here and never be fixed. WHY u ask? becasue the codes written in the core files are currupt,

No. As has been said time and again - if the core files are corrupt and unchangeable, then FRE reduction wouldn't have been possible. Since it is, well. It is. :p

Whys that, what do u mean u ask, well Rekktor is on a low budget and hired cheep coders and the coders "fucked up" when the wrote the core code files for the game.

Conjecture.

WHEN will they fix it u ask, NEVER it will cost more than the games worth to re write the core files and hire new "BETTER" coders, if you dont believe me speak to your friendly gm he'll tell yah im right No harsh feelings tho i still love the game.

Sillyhead.

Conjecture is wrong :p

rob444
27-01-06, 14:07
If there are many fatal errors, try a reboot. afaik NC doesn't clean the old data after a crash and that will result in the next time client.exe tries to read the memory, it might be reading corrupt data and that will result in a fatal. This is of course not always the case since NC might not be reserved the memory addresses it was reserved last time it was used.

EDIT: Oh forgot.. either reboot or use a program which cleans the memory a bit. Also do defrags (preferably boot-defrags) now and then.

Riddle
27-01-06, 15:23
All experienced runners / vets / l33ts, whatever you class yourself as have become so used to all the issues you don't even see them half the time.

Every night on vent i get the usual :-
"meet you Plaza?"
"yeah" "Hang on Fatal"
"np"
"bugged relogging"
etc etc.

Its all to familiar but thats the problem its so familiar we accept it as part of playing NC!

I had a friend try this game that I still love playing after all this time and you know what?

First Fatal he had he's like "shit man had a FATAL ERROR!"
am I doing something wrong? is it my machine? Is the download fucked?
I'm like no man thats the norm :rolleyes:

Hes like WTF?

Anyways he didn't stay past the trial after experiencing all the usual bugs, 50/50, Inventory, perma synch, fatals, nothing in gogo, right click bug, dissapearing lift trick, even though i'm in game an able to sort just about anything he needs.

New players don't see the game the way we do and until its looked at from a Fresh perspective and polished/balanced we will lose all but the hardened players who look past all the shit to see NC for what it really is........

THE GREATEST MMOFPS ON THE BLOODY WEB!

Selendor
27-01-06, 16:27
Good post Riddle, we do lose perspective sometimes compared to new players. And new players are our salvation.

Dead Bodies
27-01-06, 18:34
[QUOTE]

No. As has been said time and again - if the core files are corrupt and unchangeable, then FRE reduction wouldn't have been possible. Since it is, well. It is. :p

Conjecture.

Sillyhead.

Conjecture is wrong :p

Say what u want , i know the truth like i said before
if you dont believe me speak to your friendly gm he'll tell yah im right

Spermy
27-01-06, 19:13
O_o

Eh?

Digital-Talios
27-01-06, 20:53
Yea with the 2 dozen or so MMORPGs ive tried NC is the best but damn the bugs and crashes really wear me down. Over the past few years I have left NC twice for a break from the burn out I get :(

Spermy
27-01-06, 22:20
Similar experience today by the way - still ongoing.

Fatal.

I log to watch a DVD, ring the missus and generally settle down for a bit of NC tonight.

4 synchs

when i do get in - cash and SL are at zero and I'm missing equipment :p

Irelog - twice to no avail.

I comeback - money's there. No SL

I zone.

Now items are missing again :p

I just logged off. I'll try again in a mo.