so.... anyone read the mags lately?

giga191
26-01-06, 23:41
on the VOTR mag, the homepage should show the important news imo

EDIT: woops thought that was new news in the VOTR

cRazy-
26-01-06, 23:46
oOOOo Neocore.

I hope there is some in-game story to go with it, its hard to really see what kind of in-game events there could be related to this Neocore thing.

-FN-
26-01-06, 23:53
Y'know - the Wordpress program that the newsmags use have an RSS feed built into them - the Launcher should list the newest stories in it - titles only - that link to the newsmag sites :D RSS is your friend!

Also...

Our three factions have reduced their offensive war efforts over the years,
LOL - I'm guessing this Neocore move isn't based off of Terra's politcs ;)

Dribble Joy
27-01-06, 00:33
We really need prominent links to the cronicle and votr on the launcher, preferably with an updated on xx/yy/zz.

Tratos
27-01-06, 00:35
Neocore....interesting.

And i'd checked them about 10 minutes before your post - damn you :p lol

RentonDraines
27-01-06, 01:04
erm, Neocron: a kinder, gentler, touchy-feely kind of city...

yeah, that makes up for all the bugs and monkocron.
O_o O_o O_o O_o

Dribble Joy
27-01-06, 01:07
And the storyline/content has what to do with balancing and fixes?

Hell-demon
27-01-06, 01:18
thats great but is neocore actually gona have a physical presencxe in the game or is it another HIOB that send you spam :rolleyes:

Brammers
27-01-06, 12:00
Great stuff there, even if I am having a good chuckle at it!

P.S. Since FN mentioned it *Cough* VoTR RSS feed *Cough*

Mokoi
27-01-06, 14:48
P.S. Since FN mentioned it *Cough* VoTR RSS feed *Cough*

You can include it the very same way as you did with the neocronicle - just replace neocronicle.com with votr-mag.com.

Currently, both portals use an identical version of the wordpress engine - including the slightly malfunctioning RSS feeds.
The RSS feeds can still be accessed/included though, as displayed on Brammers THN website.

Riddle
27-01-06, 14:59
Neocore - Hmm a super faction?

Lets wait and see......

<<Logans Emporium>> Will as a gesture of Goodwill offer a 10% discount on goods sold tonight to the Neocore Factions ;) - Nc's Trusted Weaponsmith building for you

Brammers
27-01-06, 15:22
You can include it the very same way as you did with the neocronicle - just replace neocronicle.com with votr-mag.com.

Currently, both portals use an identical version of the wordpress engine - including the slightly malfunctioning RSS feeds.
The RSS feeds can still be accessed/included though, as displayed on Brammers THN website.

I've tried http://www.votr-mag.com/?feed=rss2 and it's doesn't seem to be working. It may be the work proxy filter screwing things around, so I'll try again when I get back home.

Tratos
27-01-06, 17:55
As long as the 3 factions stay independant and do there own thing as well as have involvement with Neocore it should be 'reet.

kurai
27-01-06, 17:55
Originally posted by: Voice Of The Resistance magazine (http://www.votr-mag.com/?p=121#more-121)

Did you know…?

… that DOY drinking water contains up to 80 percent less traces of urine than the water of NC? Hail to the Fallen Angel’s waterfilters! :rofl: :lol:

That has to go down as one of the best propaganda lines ever :D

Brammers
27-01-06, 17:56
And the VoTR does it take on NEOCORE.

http://www.votr-mag.com/?p=121#more-121

Edit: Beaten by Kurai

:rofl: :lol:

That has to go down as one of the best propaganda lines ever :D

I think the writers are trying to take the piss. :D

Tratos
27-01-06, 18:21
I think the writers are trying to take the piss. :D