PDA

View Full Version : WOC items - what would you like to see?

Brammers
26-01-06, 16:22
Ok the WOC disks have been ingame for a little while, and slowly...(And I mean very slowly) we are seeing WOC items.

So far we have:-

Ion X-Bow (DEX WOC 1)
Ceres Ceres Hanggun - BHG-9 (DEX WOC 1)
Ceres Assault Rifle CRA-47 (DEX WOC 1)
Hurler King Knuckles (DEX STR 1)

That's 4 items over the course of a year and a half. So I hope KK release some more WOC items real soon. :angel:

Now the question is what sort of WOC item you like to see and what makes it a little special? Let your imagination run wild, even if it looks or sounds overpowered. Or how about bringing back an long gone item as a WOC item?

Here is a few of my own:-

Ceres Construction tool - like a normal construction tool, but it gives you a slightly better chance of slots on an item.

Ceres Research tool - like a normal research tool, but the chances of failing are reduced.

And a few to bring back with WOC requirements.

Spirit silent hunter
Anti-poison sanctum
Catharsis sanctum

elGringo
26-01-06, 16:31
Spirit silent hunter
Anti-poison sanctum
Catharsis sanctum

They were removed for VERY good reason. No point in bringing that bs back.

sanityislost
26-01-06, 16:38
*Thinks*

Would really like to see some new types of PA's for all classes. prolly have
them having the same stat bonus as the PA4's, but with a new skin like
nothing we have so far. (Say u need woc 3-5 to use them)

Some new imps would be sweet also so we could use the PA4's we have now
without being drugged to hell or gimped. (new imps need woc 1-2)

New apu weapons would be sweet, that way every apu isnt running about
with a HL.

[Insane idea] A rifle which fires a tracking device, it will allow anyone in the
same team as the rifle spy/pe to see the runner on the zone and world map.
it would stop tracking after 10min or if the runner dies.

[Insane idea 2] Better medkits, they will heal up 300 hp with double the heal
rate of the best medkits we have at the moment. The down side however is
that they give a minor drugflash when used

SiL ..:..

Zeninja
26-01-06, 16:41
I do not agree about the Catharsis sanctum, but I'm afraid this one turns into another "nerf ppus" fest thread if I dare developping the idea :rolleyes:

About the rest, I suspect someone from KK counting on us to make Woc items suggestion before they really work on it, which wouldn't be that bad btw, but I may be wrong. I think I've also read something about Dirus telling they're waiting for drastic changes in game balance before they implement new stuff.

Now a little offtopic, before they bring us some new shit I'd like to be able to get a Ceres disk for a bit less than 2 DS+ a 5 slotter CS + 65 Millions credits + my mother's eyes, cause I consider GETTING ENOUGH EXP should be THE real stakes in going for Woc instead of getting a stupid disk. Not to mention there are supposed to be 5 Woc levels, the number of disks being increased for each step if I remember well.

Maybe I'll post some item suggestions here further.

Bugs Gunny
26-01-06, 16:42
HC WOC , an iongatlingcannon, tl 100.

INT WOC, IDIOTICUS glove. +5to int and dex, +20 cst, res, rep, rec

DEX WOC, Droner PA, change into looking like a drom, but targetting box still tells what you realy are.

PSI WOC, the ability to REZZCAST :D
PSI WOC, no reticle on your holy lightning :D

And yes, up the drop of WOC disks. I tried getting one for a clannie and spent 6 hours in there. NOTHING at all.
For myself i traded a hacked 5 slot ultimated holy rez from a belt and traded that.

Ras Klaat
26-01-06, 16:44
Spirit modded CS :angel:

tanks ftw tbh onozzzzz

FarSight
26-01-06, 16:49
I can only think bout woc 1 missing items dunno bout other woc levels
WOC weapons to add:
STR WOC 1 H-C: Ceres minigun (gattlin canon) slighty better dmg than speedgat
DEX WOC 1 Drone: Ceres Napalm Drone - small fast flying flamer drone with dmg like dev with war-gas mod - poison (should be fun @ opwars)

Tradeskill items to add:
INT WOC 1 Items:
- researcher suit (bonus to research) / or eye implant
- constructor suit (bonus to construction) / or eye implant
- medic suit (bonus to implant) / or eye implant
DEX WOC 1 Items:
- recycler suit (bonus to recycle) / or eye implant
- repair suit (bonus to repair) / or eye implant

Misc Items to add:
DEX WOC 1 - 2 seats hovertec
CON WOC 1 - Ceres Soldier Heart (FH2 w/o con penalty)

dunno bout monk stuff

Brammers
26-01-06, 16:59

So what was the reasons? You haven't stated them, but as I said sugguest items, even if they sound overpowered.

The Spirit modded CS does sound overpowered, but then if it has a fire rate of 1 shot every 20 seconds, well you may have a fair item. I'll let Ras Klaat throw some details for his idea.

I do not agree about the Catharsis sanctum, but I'm afraid this one turns into another "nerf ppus" fest thread if I dare developping the idea :rolleyes:

I wish to declare this thread a nerf-anything free thread, before anyone even thinks of the the letters. I'm sick of reading the PPU nerf threads myself.

I think I've also read something about Dirus telling they're waiting for drastic changes in game balance before they implement new stuff.

I must have missed that one, which would explain the lack of WOC items.

Skusty
26-01-06, 17:38
1shot 1kill sniper please. :D

giga191
26-01-06, 17:43
And yes, up the drop of WOC disks. I tried getting one for a clannie and spent 6 hours in there. /signed X10

I'd like the see car47/ceres pistol ammo cloneable once you have recycled a pack from regants.

Dex Woc 2: Blood rep PA (different for PE and spy)
Str Woc 1: a vehicle of some sort
Psi WoC: takes away ability to use HL
Int WoC: tl255 tools (make the cst one give +1 slot to each item)

Riddle
26-01-06, 17:43
CST/RES/REP/REC/IMP - Woc 1 - "The Consolidater" A Tool which allows you to select which tool you want it to be! no need to carry loads of tools you have the CONSOLIDATOR :D

I like Bugs glove idea aswell hate all that swopping about!

All Classes - WOC 1 - NEW PA to show nibs how you like to Grind XP :lol:

more later....

cRazy-
26-01-06, 17:46
Duel weapons which do 75% of the damage of two of the weapons being used.

So for example 2 judges firing at the same time, instead of the damage of 2 judges as per normal, one judge does 100% damage the other only does 50% of its normal damage, or maybe make it 25% whatever balances best.

Dribble Joy
26-01-06, 17:57
I strongly disagree with anything that requires you getting it, WoC should (and was (at least initially)) not be a specific advantage.

Like I have mentioned before PA4s with additional WoC reqs that are different in skin/colour.

Twin pistols (either more freq or dmg with additional skilling or no performance difference bar two dmg type and looking cool.

See sig for my other ideas.

Zeninja
26-01-06, 18:01
I'll try not to suggest stuff that would be a must if implemented (cause we all agree this is not Woc purpose) :

- Portable Citycom (see Kame thread)

- Woc Belt for apus, giving the equivalent of a TL25 shelter protection and/or of a blessed deflector, not stackable with foreign buffs but not overriding their effect (which means you could get a ppu buff while using this belt, but only foreign shields would be taken in count in your resists until they fall out). Maybe it sounds a lil overpowered for solo pvping, but not that much when you know apu based hybrids got the same defense + a heal and a DB.

- Woc Belt for tanks (same as above)

- Stim packs

- Delayed barrel : you choose your place, cast it, run away, and x seconds laters a terrible storm is inflicting damages on that place (unless you zoned)

- Time bomb for spies (same as above)

- TL100-110 Devourer (no, there's no link with the fact I was scammed my NC1 dev last week :o)

- TL100-110 grenade launcher of course :cool:

- TL 100-110 Poison Beam or antibuff for apus

- TL 100 First Love (there's no plasma rifle from TL82 to 114 atm)

- TL100-110 Gatling Canon ? (I don't like it too much, cause this would ruin a bit of the use for a Mercs epic, and such a weapon would make insane damage comparing to any other force-based one)

- Heavy Infantry Gun : some machine gun requiring any obstacle (wall, window etc) or lieing to get aiming. Your resistance would be slightly increased when deployed, while you can't move for x seconds until you put it off. An alternative to Woc gatling

- Permastealth Suit for spies (making you visible for a delay each time you're using a weapon or spell)

- Hack tool with a Hck bonus (still to be applied on those useless TL'd hacktools anyway)

- Town Portal (Diablo like) spell with a very low freq to spawn a temporary gate in which people can get through to be warped into some random (or defined) location.

- Kamikaz bomb belt, acting like a Kami drone at the slight difference that YOU ARE the one who's blowing up when using it. See also "Infected Terrans" in Starcraft or "Live from the middle east" at CNN for further explanations.

- Artillery vehicule (we really miss a decent AOE vehicle apart from crap-dmg Wheeler and expensive Bombers) or coordinates radio transmitter (= time bomb for spies ?) for obvious purpose. See also this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131484)

- Bayonet feature on AK 47 when you're close to the opponent ^^

- Tau Gun, which allows you to jump when aiming at the ground (nah just kidding :p)

- Distract Mind ? Provoke Enemy ? Psi shield ? (if distract mind is really working atm, I think it's rank based so you still can't go close to a grim chaser then "tell him" to shoot your opponent, but it's probably okay for warbots since max TL is 95)

- Remote control transport (some kinda "trooper drone" which allows you to transport peepz remotly as a droner just like a vehicle)

- Instant medikits (FPS like)

- Stealth tracker Eye, applying only versus low req stealth

- Mega transport glove :D

- Radiation suit, inflicting xray damages around you like a sanctum (at the huge sacrifice of a resist not to make it uber for solo pvping)

- Ceres Bitch : a Xsex following you everywhere for 3 minutes (I already saw this IG in NC1, a GM spawned fat whore was following you when u clicked on her, so I suppose it's still available) :lol:

- a watch which allows you to call your vehicule and make it come next to you all by itself. David Hasseloff said he would reactivate his NC account if KK makes it.

Str Woc 1: a vehicle of some sort
Mechs ? :rolleyes:

Jagrfelm
26-01-06, 19:10
One Thing i really would like to see as WOC-Items are the PA's 4.
I mean 135 STR (Tanks)?? DAMN hard to get, if at all. Ive got 125 STR with my Camo PA and LE still in. Could get 124 without PA and Zerk 3 instead of the LE. But id still need 11 STR more to wear PA 4. Beast? X-Strong? Still not enough STR. What else should i use? So, id say turn the PA 4 into WoC-Items. If you remove the - ATL id even make them WoC 2 or 3.

Scaramanga
26-01-06, 19:21
I agree totally with Dribble Joy about the WoC items not being required to compete in PvP.

Items that always repair to 120/120 and not drop when dead is adequate.

New skins for armour/cars ability to spray grafiti (cleaned after midnite reset).

The bayonet on the rifle sounds like a really good idea. As does a balanced dual wield. 2 swords being my fave.

Zeninja
26-01-06, 19:28
I mean 135 STR (Tanks)?? DAMN hard to get, if at all.
The only decent setup I've found for using it is a hybrid tank. I don't see the point at using one as a pure HC or MC user (and I wonder myself how you could use it back in NC1 without rare drugs like Tiger Blood)

Herc+Marine+zerk3+moveon+harden. Then you drug with thyronol+xstrong+beast which takes you to STR136 without PA in.

No drugflash from thyronol and xstr since beast is still running. Your PA4 remains active until all your drugs dropped, which means you can fight using MC for 5 minutes and HC for 10 minutes at the same time.

Jagrfelm
26-01-06, 21:32
135 STR without PA, not 136. Forgot the Thyronol. So you could use the PA. But it still sucks. 3 Drugs. That just sucks. Im no Druguser. In Fact, i hate Drugs. And my Tank wont take out his LE also. So, if the highest PA would be a WoC-Item everyone could theorethically use it, if he reaches the required WoC-Level.

Dribble Joy
27-01-06, 00:19
I'd like to see spy/monk/tank PA4s down to req 130, you would still need to drug, but they would be useable.

Apocalypsox
27-01-06, 01:01
Personally i like the WoC combat mech idea. make the mechs like WoC3 and something to the effect of 150 vehicle or so, in other words STUPID OVER POWERED PES STAY OFF MY VEHICLES ROFL (sorry i dont like PE drivers) i think this would be a good high level WoC item, for the poor drivers that havnt had a good vehicle eddition in quite a while. nonetheless i would like WoC vehicles, maybe a Rhino that had a missle turret instead of the lazercannon or something.

silent000
27-01-06, 01:10
i think that duel weapons would be an insane WOC item as it looks fuking class

Dribble Joy
27-01-06, 01:13
Even if it did nothing combat wise, I'd love it. Would work best with pistols and melee best, rifles and HC would look a bit daft.

Bugs Gunny
27-01-06, 08:33
Cmon, rambo style, two gatling cannons under his armpits :-)

yavimaya
27-01-06, 09:21
Hovertank!

Woc Str 1 to gun a rocket turret.
Decent dex (75), with decent vehicle use (80), also some heavy combat (50-70) for the 20mm driver/gunner seat.

Killall
27-01-06, 16:11
A big battle-mech droid with big gunz where u can sit in.. slow moving, but very deadly.. A vehicle WoC.

j0rz
27-01-06, 17:30
I'd like to see more disc's since there so hard to get theres none dropping at the minate :rolleyes:

L3Ts3L
27-01-06, 17:59
Some sort of energy sphere for tanks, like a sphere he would have to cast. And team mates that stand in it will get his con. Making it a con woc 2 or 3 or something :) Lets get some ideas on con woc aswell...

cRazy-
27-01-06, 18:03
woc dex 5 should be a homegirl model of myself.

Digital-Talios
27-01-06, 18:06
I would like to see WOC items not being needed for PvP, just something like "OMG you actually spent all that time overcapping to have that shiny pistol!?!?" ;)

giga191
27-01-06, 18:16
I would like to see WOC items not being needed for PvP, just something like "OMG you actually spent all that time overcapping to have that shiny pistol!?!?" ;) i'd like to see forum account bans for people who imply "omg i cba to level, so woc should be shit"

Dribble Joy
27-01-06, 18:37
i'd like to see forum account bans for people who imply "omg i cba to level, so woc should be shit"
Do you really want WoC to be a requisite for PvP/end game?
One of NC's main points is the lack of level grind, and the ability of casual players to compete with the power gamers.

I have no clan, no peopel I am really friendly with, don't like joinging random teams, yet I can be arsed to level and I don't want WoC as an essential part of NC.

Scaramanga
27-01-06, 18:51
i'd like to see forum account bans for people who imply "omg i cba to level, so woc should be shit"

It's called balance, I don't want to play counterstrike or WoW, NC (in terms of game mechanics) fits nicely inbetween. Some things do need rebalancing but in my opinion making endless levelling necessary to get top items is not one of them. For starters there just arent enough places to keep it interesting to the top WoC level.

I wouldn't go all melodromatic and say id quit if they did put it in, I do however think that more people would keep their law enforcers in for a hell of a lot longer if they knew that someone with WoC stuff would have a notable advantage in PvP. It doesnt take an unreasonable amount of time to cap a character. But if you make the top WoC stuff necessary aswell as capping then quite afew people will opt out of PvP if they cba to level.

soliman
27-01-06, 19:48
For Apu :

- WOC PA4 without agi/athle malus (WOC5)
- APU Mind Control on a player (the user is vulnerable while he control another player) for 20 seconds, (WOC4 Psi)
- Holy poison Beam, (WOC3)
- HL with NRJ dots (WOC2) or an antibuff protection (anti-antibuff ==> op wars without noob shelter at the start of fight?)
- A special armor part (boots/pant, etc..) better than the holy spirit traditional armor (only for Apu, not for ppu :rolleyes: )

- The double weapon for melee tank should be cool (WOC2 or 3)
- Really heavy infantry weapon for Hc tank (something you can't move and take time to install)
- The one shot sniper rifle will be more realist (and a real nightmare...)
- Why not a running holyrez for ppu ( :rolleyes: )
- Learning darehand fight for melee
- A kind of teleport?
- Use of explosive
- Maybe weapons that need two persons to be used? (or more) a huge cannon,etc...

canuma100
27-01-06, 20:05
MINES!!!!

Int WOC1

james_finn
27-01-06, 20:19
- For ress/const Id like to see some sort of terminal thats droppable into your appartment, and gives a +20 bonus to the skill in that room.

- For PE's dual wielding sounds good

Digital-Talios
27-01-06, 20:47
One of NC's main points is the lack of level grind, and the ability of casual players to compete with the power gamers.

I have no clan, no peopel I am really friendly with, don't like joinging random teams, yet I can be arsed to level and I don't want WoC as an essential part of NC.

Pretty much the way I feel. I belive WOC should be more of a status symbol then any kind of advantagous tool. This was how WOC was promised to the community all those years ago.

giga191
27-01-06, 22:02

I have no clan, no peopel I am really friendly with, don't like joinging random teams, yet I can be arsed to level and I don't want WoC as an essential part of NC. xbow is not a requirement by a long stretch, but some of the people that are complaining about it are people who i've fought and come out of the fight with full health or the majority of it still left. And i agree, some people do take a lot of dmg of it, but i'm not suprised by it when i hear their con setup. Realistically, KK will never implement anything other than new items as WoC, you will never see any of the cool abilities that people are suggesting that WoC should be. I'm not quite sure how good your logic is, but why would anyone level so much for something that isn't useful in PvP. If no one is gonna use it, then isn't it a total waste of KK's time? And wouldn't this just be an FPS without the leveling?

Dribble Joy
27-01-06, 22:31
If it is KK's intention now that WOC is an integral part of NC endgame, so be it, I'd prefer it to be otherwise, but I will go along with it.
If it not however, than then the current trend cannot go on.

As to the xbow, the dmg is not the issue, what is the issue is the fact it's an exec with no dex req. That's the problem, and a significant bonus to those who can use it. As to capping it; how long will it be untill WoC weapon mods are availiable? OOr when you can put regular mods on them?

I belive WOC should be more of a status symbol then any kind of advantagous tool.
Indeed, like the ideas for PAs with WoC reqs that have different skins/colours. Or using the WoC weapons as different skins of the wyatt/PE/RoLH (barretta/ak47/xbow).

giga191
27-01-06, 23:45
-----------Intelligence-----------
Current: 67 7
Skill: Hacking = 25 25
Skill: Barter = 0 0
Skill: PSI Use = 0 -15
Skill: Weapon Lore = 23 23
Skill: Construction = 0 0
Skill: Research = 0 0
Skill: Implant = 4 4
Skill: Willpower = 0 0

-----------Strength-----------
Current: 57 -3
Skill: Melee Combat = 0 -10
Skill: Heavy Combat = 0 0
Skill: Transport = 0 0
Skill: Resist Force = 30 30

-----------Constitution-----------
Current: 68 3
Skill: Athletics = 73 30
Skill: Body Health = 109 25
Skill: Endurance = 8 8
Skill: Resist Fire = 59 15
Skill: Resist Energy = 41 15
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 80 15
Skill: Resist Poison = 0 0

-----------Dexterity-----------
Current: 109 29
Skill: Pistol Combat = 175 40
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 0
Skill: HighTech Combat = 87 14
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 0
Skill: Agility = 86 69
Skill: Repair = 0 0
Skill: Recycle = 0 0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 0

-----------PSI-----------
Current: 32 -3
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 0 -6
Skill: PSI Power = 0 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

-------Character Inventory-------
Inquisition Helmet 2 (Helmet)
Tangent Close Range BattleSuit V-30 (Vest)
Medium Energy Protection Belt (Belt)
Inquisition Trousers 2 (Trousers)
Crahn Holy Shelter Boots (Boots)
Balance Advancer 3 (Brain Chip)
Protopharm Resistor Chip (Brain Chip)
Special Forces CPU (Brain Chip)
MC5 Synaptic Accelerator CPU (Brain Chip)
Pistol CombatEye 3 (Eye)
Strengthen Heart 2 (Heart)
Crahn Power Gauntlet (Glove)
ReflexBooster 4 (Spine)
Biotech AntiGamma Headbone (Headbone)
Biotech AntiGamma Chest Enforcement (Chest)
Biotech AntiGamma Arm Enforcement (Arm)
Biotech AntiGamma Leg Enforcement (Leg)
Experimental Foot Enforcement (Foot)
Pistol Combat Booster 1 (Combat)
Spy Booster 1 (Support)
Basic Resist Booster 2 (Resist)
Redflash (Drug)
---------------------------------

The disadvantage of using exec would be that i have to take a whiteflash

Bugs Gunny
28-01-06, 00:48
Healing light pe who was "overpowered".

Character Overview for Bugs Hunny

Character Class: Private Eye
Sex: Male
Server: None
Ranking: 0/67

None

Max Skill: 60
Current: 67 +7
Skill: Hacking = 25 +25
Skill: Barter = 0 +0
Skill: PSI Use = 88 +5
Skill: Weapon Lore = 139 +38
Skill: Construction = 0 +0
Skill: Research = 0 +0
Skill: Implant = 21 +20
Skill: Willpower = 0 +0

Current: 57 -3
Skill: Melee Combat = 0 -10
Skill: Heavy Combat = 0 +0
Skill: Transport = 65 +0
Skill: Resist Force = 114 +0

Max Skill: 65
Current: 68 +3
Skill: Athletics = 82 +37
Skill: Body Health = 115 +30
Skill: Endurance = 8 +8
Skill: Resist Fire = 42 +15
Skill: Resist Energy = 35 +15
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 74 +0
Skill: Resist Poison = 0 -15

Max Skill: 80
Current: 110 +30
Skill: Pistol Combat = 0 -20
Skill: Rifle Combat = 175 +50
Skill: HighTech Combat = 87 +22
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 +0
Skill: Agility = 135 +69
Skill: Repair = 0 +0
Skill: Recycle = 1 +0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 +0

Max Skill: 35
Current: 36 +1
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 75 +0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 +0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 40 -8
Skill: PSI Power = 24 +0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 +0

Slot: Helmet - Inquisition Helmet 2
Influences: FIR: 33 PRC: 14 FOR: 12

Slot: Vest - Tangent Distance BattleSuit V-40
Influences: PRC: 35 FOR: 30 ENR: 30 R-C: 12 DEX: 5 PSI: -4 MST: -8

Slot: Belt - Medium Energy Protection Belt
Influences: ENR: 48 FOR: 20

Slot: Trousers - Inquisition Trousers 2
Influences: FOR: 12 PRC: 14 FIR: 32

Slot: Boots - Crahn Holy Shelter Boots
Influences: FOR: 3 PRC: 3 FIR: 7 ENR: 14 XRR: 7

Slot: Brain Chip - Distance Weapon CPU 3
Influences: WEP: 15 R-C: 8 T-C: 8 P-C: -20

Slot: Brain Chip - Balance Advancer 3
Influences: AGL: 15 DEX: 5 M-C: -8 STR: -3

Slot: Brain Chip - Special Forces CPU
Influences: INT: 5 DEX: 5 HCK: 10 WEP: 10 P-C: 5 R-C: 5 T-C: 5

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Synaptic Accelerator CPU
Influences: INT: 5 DEX: 6 HCK: 10 WEP: 10 P-C: 5 R-C: 5 T-C: 5

Slot: Eye - Rifle CombatEye 3
Influences: R-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 P-C: -10

Slot: Heart - Strengthen Heart 2
Influences: HLT: 10 CON: 3 POR: -15

Slot: Glove - Crahn Power Gauntlet
Influences: None

Slot: Spine - ReflexBooster 4
Influences: AGL: 15 ATL: 5 DEX: 4 INT: -3 WEP: -10

Slot: Headbone - Biotech AntiGamma Headbone
Influences: XRR: 17 PRC: 10

Slot: Chest - Biotech AntiGamma Chest
Influences: XRR: 10 END: 8

Slot: Arm - Biotech AntiGamma Arm Enforcement
Influences: M-C: 8 XRR: 9

Slot: Leg - Experimental Leg Enforcement
Influences: ATL: 15 FOR: 13

Slot: Foot - Experimental Foot Enforcement
Influences: AGL: 14 FOR: 4

Slot: Shelter - Shelter
Influences: SHEL: 35

Slot: Deflector - Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 21

Slot: Combat - Rifle Combat Booster 1
Influences: R-C: 5 T-C: 4 WEP: 3

Slot: Support - Spy Booster 1
Influences: HCK: 5 IMP: 4 AGL: 3

Slot: Resist - Basic Resist Booster 3
Influences: HLT: 20 FOR: 15 FIR: 15 ENR: 15

Slot: Drug - Nightspider
Influences: PSI: 5 PSU: 20 IMP: 16 FOR: -15

Slot: Drug - Redflash
Influences: DEX: 5 AGL: 22 ATL: 17 PSU: -15

Bugs Gunny
28-01-06, 00:48
My old slasher pe setup (which raided crp constantly)

Character Overview for Gunnar Aegirson Slasher

Ranking: 0/71

None

Current: 76 +16
Skill: Hacking = 25 +25
Skill: Barter = 0 +0
Skill: PSI Use = 90 +5
Skill: Weapon Lore = 133 +33
Skill: Construction = 0 +0
Skill: Research = 0 +0
Skill: Implant = 20 +20
Skill: Willpower = 15 +15

Current: 62 +2
Skill: Melee Combat = 0 -2
Skill: Heavy Combat = 10 +10
Skill: Transport = 33 +8
Skill: Resist Force = 110 -15

Current: 70 +5
Skill: Athletics = 32 +32
Skill: Body Health = 108 +20
Skill: Endurance = 31 +31
Skill: Resist Fire = 32 +20
Skill: Resist Energy = 75 +20
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 68 -10

Current: 115 +35
Skill: Pistol Combat = 170 +47
Skill: Rifle Combat = 5 +5
Skill: HighTech Combat = 88 +14
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 +0
Skill: Agility = 141 +79
Skill: Repair = 0 +0
Skill: Recycle = 0 +0
Skill: Remote Control = 15 +15

Current: 36 +1
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 75 +0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 +0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 42 -8
Skill: PSI Power = 22 +0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 +0

Slot: Vest - Tangent Close Range BattleSuit V-40
Influences: PRC: 35 FOR: 30 ENR: 30 P-C: 12 DEX: 5 PSI: -4 MST: -8

Slot: Belt - Medium Fire Protection Belt
Influences: FIR: 46 FOR: 20

Slot: Trousers - Crahn Holy Shelter Trousers
Influences: FOR: 6 PRC: 6 FIR: 6 ENR: 10 XRR: 3

Slot: Brain Chip - Experimental Ballistic Weapon Chip 3
Influences: P-C: 5 R-C: 5 WEP: 15 DEX: 3 INT: 3 H-C: -15 STR: -3

Slot: Brain Chip - MC5 Rigger's Dream
Influences: WPW: 15 RCL: 15 TRA: 8 DEX: 6 INT: 5

Slot: Eye - Pistol CombatEye 3
Influences: P-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 R-C: -10

Slot: Heart - Experimental Heart 2
Influences: END: 15 HLT: 15 CON: 5 XRR: -10 POR: -15

Influences: None

Slot: Spine - Experimental ReflexBooster 4
Influences: AGL: 15 END: 8 DEX: 5 INT: -2 WEP: -15

Slot: Chest - Biotech AntiGamma Chest

Slot: Leg - Experimental Leg Enforcement
Influences: ATL: 15 FOR: 13

Slot: Deflector - Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 21

Slot: Combat - Pistol Combat Booster 1
Influences: P-C: 5 T-C: 4 WEP: 3

Slot: Resist - Heat Resist Booster 1
Influences: HLT: 15 FIR: 20 ENR: 20

Slot: Drug - Beast
Influences: STR: 5 H-C: 25 AGL: 25 HLT: -10

Influences: DEX: 5 AGL: 22 ATL: 17 PSU: -15

braydagner
28-01-06, 07:29
STR WOC
-PA4 (normal)
-Grenade Launcher with a lasting area effect
-Ceres Plasmawave (tl 120)
-Trousers (+20 ATH, +30 FOR/PRC/FIR/ENR)
-Boots (+18 AGL, +25 FOR/PRC/FIR/ENR)

INT WOC
-PA (+3 INT/DEX, +5 TRA/CST/RES/REP/REC)
-All-in-one Glove (+5 INT/DEX, +20 TRA/REC/REP/RES/CST/IMP)
-Boots (+25 TRA)

PSI WOC
-PA4 (normal)
-Holy Antibuff (and remove the normal anti-shield/heal/deflector)
-Holy Catharsis Sanctum (lasts 1 minute, 320 mana, only takes off 4 stacks of poison/ 1 para/ 1 dmg boost per 10 seconds)

DEX WOC
-PA4 (normal)
-Stealth (you stay in stealth for as long as it is deployed, but after a certain amount of time, begin to get drug flash)
-Infared Goggles (last for 15 seconds, gives minor drug flash after 2 uses in under a minute. can see a stealth within a certain distance)
-Stealth Kami (stealths when clicked, and automatically detonates 15 seconds after stealth)

[And just because, PSI WOC 1, ULTIMATE SPELL (db's, para's, poison's, and hits 3 hls at once :lol: ]

j0rz
29-01-06, 03:29
If it is KK's intention now that WOC is an integral part of NC endgame, so be it, I'd prefer it to be otherwise, but I will go along with it.
If it not however, than then the current trend cannot go on.

As to the xbow, the dmg is not the issue, what is the issue is the fact it's an exec with no dex req. That's the problem, and a significant bonus to those who can use it. As to capping it; how long will it be untill WoC weapon mods are availiable? OOr when you can put regular mods on them?

Indeed, like the ideas for PAs with WoC reqs that have different skins/colours. Or using the WoC weapons as different skins of the wyatt/PE/RoLH (barretta/ak47/xbow).

u need 178pc to cap a xbow i just got woc on my pe and i was surpised to find how much pc u need to cap the thing infact ive not changed my setup at all from when i was a slasher pe

cRazy-
29-01-06, 03:32
u need 178pc to cap a xbow i just got woc on my pe and i was surpised to find how much pc u need to cap the thing infact ive not changed my setup at all from when i was a slasher pe

im levelling my PE for woc too, finding a ceres disc is gonna be hard though :/

oh and j0rz, read your DM's on the forum f00.

xyzzy
29-01-06, 03:59
White monk pa for ppus woc

CMaster
29-01-06, 13:25
Psi Woc - Supremem Rez (caps at 20 sconds rather than the current 24 or whatever, but more importantly - its multicoloured - it goes from blue to yellow to red to white when almsot complete).
How about negativeless/reduced negative PAs? - with fancy coloureing.
Some kinda eye that produces a visual effect.

Dribble Joy
29-01-06, 15:05
The PAs need a bit of reworking really, and again, the wjhole necessity thing.

One thing I'd like, which would be nice, and not afford any real balance advantage is this: (from the big fix)

WoC 2:

Smooth Ki: Buffs and shields cast (foreign or self) on the player last 25% longer (does not include drugs), does not extend to spells caster by the player on another, only on ones that are cast ON the player.

WoC 3:

Calmed constitution: Drugs last 25% longer.

giga191
29-01-06, 16:15
The PAs need a bit of reworking really, and again, the wjhole necessity thing.

One thing I'd like, which would be nice, and not afford any real balance advantage is this: (from the big fix)

WoC 2:

Smooth Ki: Buffs and shields cast (foreign or self) on the player last 25% longer (does not include drugs), does not extend to spells caster by the player on another, only on ones that are cast ON the player.

WoC 3:

Calmed constitution: Drugs last 25% longer.
WoC 4: the game turns into WoW?

Dribble Joy
29-01-06, 16:52
No....

WoC 4 is currently:
Meditive mind: Synaptic Imparement loss rate increased 5%.
Probably a bit too good actually.

I've never played WoW btw.

SorkZmok
29-01-06, 17:32
Gotta say that again, i just love DJs ideas for WOC. Pretty much all of em. :)

giga191
29-01-06, 17:51
would anyone level to get them tho?

Dargeshaad
29-01-06, 17:59
While we're at posting setups, here's a 2 drug xbow setup with:
HP: 492
Resist: F/E/X = 122/128/120
Runspeed: 80/115

Can optionally switch to PA4 by using a glove to put it on and gain some extra +P-C. Can even drop the Redflash, but will loose a good deal of runspeed as a result. Feel free to try and make a comparable slasher/exec setup :lol:

Character Overview for New Character

Ranking: 43/68

None

Current: 67 7
Skill: Hacking = 25 25
Skill: Barter = 0 0
Skill: PSI Use = 80 10
Skill: Weapon Lore = 146 38
Skill: Construction = 0 0
Skill: Research = 0 0
Skill: Implant = 20 20
Skill: Willpower = 0 0

Current: 63 3
Skill: Melee Combat = 4 4
Skill: Heavy Combat = 8 6
Skill: Transport = 87 6
Skill: Resist Force = 114 8

Current: 71 6
Skill: Athletics = 80 30
Skill: Body Health = 123 48
Skill: Endurance = 8 8
Skill: Resist Fire = 55 15
Skill: Resist Energy = 45 15
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 75 0

Current: 104 24
Skill: Pistol Combat = 175 48
Skill: Rifle Combat = 0 -20
Skill: HighTech Combat = 87 22
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 0
Skill: Agility = 115 54
Skill: Repair = 0 0
Skill: Recycle = 0 0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 0

Current: 37 2
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 75 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 43 -6
Skill: PSI Power = 23 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

Slot: Vest - Tangent Close Range BattleSuit V-30
Influences: PRC: 32 FOR: 28 ENR: 26 P-C: 10 DEX: 4 PSI: -3 MST: -6

Slot: Belt - Medium Energy Protection Belt
Influences: ENR: 48 FOR: 20

Slot: Trousers - Inquisition Trousers 2
Influences: FOR: 12 PRC: 14 FIR: 32

Slot: Brain Chip - BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Influences: STR: 3 CON: 3 M-C: 6 H-C: 6 TRA: 6 FOR: 8 HLT: 18

Slot: Brain Chip - Targeting Computer 3
Influences: WEP: 15 P-C: 8 T-C: 8 R-C: -20

Slot: Eye - Pistol CombatEye 3
Influences: P-C: 15 WEP: 10 M-C: -10 R-C: -10

Slot: Heart - Strengthen Heart 2
Influences: HLT: 10 CON: 3 POR: -15

Influences:None

Slot: Spine - ReflexBooster 4
Influences: AGL: 15 ATL: 5 DEX: 4 INT: -3 WEP: -10

Slot: Chest - Biotech AntiGamma Chest Enforcement

Slot: Leg - Biotech AntiGamma Leg Enforcement
Influences: XRR: 10 ATL: 8

Slot: Deflector - Blessed Deflector
Influences: DEFL: 45

Slot: Combat - Pistol Combat Booster 1
Influences: P-C: 5 T-C: 4 WEP: 3

Slot: Resist - Basic Resist Booster 3
Influences: HLT: 20 FOR: 15 FIR: 15 ENR: 15

Influences: DEX: 5 AGL: 22 ATL: 17 PSU: -10

Dribble Joy
29-01-06, 18:26
would anyone level to get them tho?
I would, but that's not the point here, if WoC is not a necessity, then it does not matter if you have them or not. They are something that may or may not happen to your char. It's something you can aim for if you desire but not essential.

Bugs Gunny
30-01-06, 00:16
dargeshaad, those resist values tell me how little you know about pe con :D

Dargeshaad
30-01-06, 00:52
dargeshaad, those resist values tell me how little you know about pe con :D
It's funny you mention it, considering I simply used your slasher pe's resist values as a rough outline, if you honestly think I post my exact setups then you got a lot to learn. Ever heard of not throwing with rocks if you live in a glass house? :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
30-01-06, 01:36
Noone bothers not revealing their 'omfg ub0rz' setup these days, the mechanics behind it (the resist system) are well known, and nothing is going to suprise us. I even wonder why people even bother posting setups or asking for them.

Zeninja
30-01-06, 01:38
Could you please stay on topic gentlemen thank you.

You'd better ask KK to bring back Catharsis sanctum as a Woc item if you wanna use your leet PE setup in a OP fight again.

FarSight
30-01-06, 04:25
It's funny you mention it, considering I simply used your slasher pe's resist values as a rough outline, if you honestly think I post my exact setups then you got a lot to learn. Ever heard of not throwing with rocks if you live in a glass house? :rolleyes:
Headshot :wtf: :lol:

onero S
30-01-06, 04:49

ouch, I smell owned

Edit: On topic

Apu: A pa 4 that gives no agil malus and gives the equivilent of a capt tl 3 heal sanctum worth of healing, this won't make a big difference pvp but it will help regen in between battles.

PPU: Holy Catharisis sanctum with values tweaked, ie it tickes less often than the old one.

Spys: Spi mods, but putting the mod on a gun lowers the RoF DRASTICLY as in like reduced by a factor of 4 or 5 or so.

Melee: Duel wield, but doing so decreases the dmg of each weapon so you only gain like 5-10% dmg total.

H-C: Mechs

Thats all I came up with off the top of my head

Apocalypsox
30-01-06, 05:33
ouch, I smell owned

Edit: On topic

Apu: A pa 4 that gives no agil malus and gives the equivilent of a capt tl 3 heal sanctum worth of healing, this won't make a big difference pvp but it will help regen in between battles.

PPU: Holy Catharisis sanctum with values tweaked, ie it tickes less often than the old one.

Spys: Spi mods, but putting the mod on a gun lowers the RoF DRASTICLY as in like reduced by a factor of 4 or 5 or so.

Melee: Duel wield, but doing so decreases the dmg of each weapon so you only gain like 5-10% dmg total.

H-C: Mechs

Thats all I came up with off the top of my head

thank god. no more please. cept the mechs one but thats not HC its vehicles.

onero S
30-01-06, 06:46
thank god. no more please. cept the mechs one but thats not HC its vehicles.

you know mechs are large gunned 1 person vehicles right? all vehicles with a gun have hc req.....so a mech would be hc.

Zheo
30-01-06, 09:40
WOC Ceres Gatling Cannon,
WOC Ceres Laser Cannon,
WOC Ceres Freezer Cannon,
WOC Ceres Grenade Launcher,
WOC Ceres Pulse Laser Cannon,

...Oh but wait, wouldn't this just push the level of the pvp bar up, meaning you'd HAVE to get woc to pvp with the best? ...Why yes it would.

Ok so try this then,

Remove: the current weapons
Add In:

Mod - Item becomes some what epic like in that it doesn't lose over all quaility in other words when you repair it it's still 120/120 not 109/109. (requires WOC Dex str, whatever 1 to use the weapon afterwards)

Vehcile Mods - Improved Speed, Armour, Weapon mods for different ammo. (requires woc dex or str or whatever 2 to use)

WOC anti stealth scope (like normal rifle scope but for all weapons accept melee) when in scope mode you can see stealth - Down side bloody hard to shoot someone in close range while in scope. (WOC str, dex or whatever 3 to use)

one more thing but not do to with WOC, i'd love to see armour you colour youself in the sense that say the shoulder pads, part of the chest front and back gets marked with a colour and/or symble which the clan registeres for. These colours are then on any clothes or pa you wear thus easier to tell allies from enemies, eg: (look for the guys wearing red)

None of this would overpower anyone they'd just add to the game, and who knows perhaps the capped players would like to have a nice 5slot CS that wont become useless over time.

Brammers
30-01-06, 11:35
Not my idea, totally stolen from Delphi in Phoenix.

Anti-Genetoxic spell - removes Genetoxic stacks down Regents.

And a couple for APU's.

Ceres X-Ray Beam spell - does pure X-ray damage.
Ceres Genetoxic Beam - does genetoxic damage to the player.

Edit: Hmm the Genetoxic Beam would be way overpowered, since Genetoxic damage is like para damage. APU's firing a para spell.... :eek:

Apocalypsox
30-01-06, 15:23
you know mechs are large gunned 1 person vehicles right? all vehicles with a gun have hc req.....so a mech would be hc.

it would be both...some big stupid tank shouldnt be able to pilot a 20 foot mech just cause hes got base 175 HC and some STR WoC. should be like 120 HC and 120 vehicle or something along that lines. and STR or DEX WoC

Obsidian X
30-01-06, 15:34
Not my idea, totally stolen from Delphi in Phoenix.

Anti-Genetoxic spell - removes Genetoxic stacks down Regents.

And a couple for APU's.

Ceres X-Ray Beam spell - does pure X-ray damage.
Ceres Genetoxic Beam - does genetoxic damage to the player.

Edit: Hmm the Genetoxic Beam would be way overpowered, since Genetoxic damage is like para damage. APU's firing a para spell.... :eek:

Is there any direct X-Ray weapon in the game? If not, probably for good reason - it'd pwn anyone except spies.

I'd love a WoC melee weapon that does some kind of DoT personally. And a pulselaser cannon for HC tanks. :D

Kame
30-01-06, 17:29
What about a cannon that would charge up as u hold mouse button.
you could shot small,weaker,faster blobs or charge it up and get uber revenge like damage.
maybe like a ion cannon or some shit.
a lot of FPS have a gun like that.
but then id like to see artilery...
like mortars
a 2 man mortar would be so fucking sweet.

yeah check out the idea : (credit:DAMAGEinc)

you would need to set it up on a fix location, and with a constructor (like a turret)
you should need a couple seconds to install, depending on CST lv, and a couple secs to uninstall.
then u would need a WOC STR tank to gun it
the mortar itself could be damaged/blown/repped (like a car)
they could be bought at turret vendors.

theyd be fun, make taking/holding postion in a certain map area more important.
most tanks already have enough XP for WOC
another way to use cstr in OP

Digital-Talios
30-01-06, 22:01
would be cool to make them like the turrets when you could drop them while stealthed :lol: