PDA

View Full Version : New drone types and other ideas.

Drake6k
26-01-06, 14:21
How about several new types of drone..

-A robot or holographic drone that is controlled on foot. Like a small warbot, creature, or even runner. Could be used for pvp or pvm. Think puppet.

-Maybe a dummy droner body? Only one at a time and it stays until the runner leaves the zone. Would be interesting to hide a second version of yourself. Adding a little more depth and strategy.

-Remotely created gogos and recreation units.
Droner wouldn't have access but other runners could, think teamwork.

-Remote control citycom station (droner only with remote control req). Could be used to gather information in the field for themselves or clan-mates.
Droners already have to fly back to themselves and have a hard time leveling str, con, and psi, so the faster missions would also be fair I think.

- Melee drones (duh)
- BIG drones (think matrix sentinel or war of the worlds.)

-=Jismo=-
26-01-06, 14:57
i have always wanted a like tank like ground drone, that would be 1337 or a little mech

xyl_az
26-01-06, 15:01
yeah warbot drones could be nice... one could get parts from warbot factory, for example

the other idea is hoverbomber drone, probably not very useful due to its size and monouverability but it would definitely looked cool.

hmm, on the other hand, is there any reason for not allowing droners to take control over all kind of mechanical mobs?
you know, kill xxx cyberdogs to get all the neccesary parts, then recycle them into new drone-cyberdog (recycle is good to avoid bping) etc

MaGn0lia
26-01-06, 15:10
Remotely hacking hoverbombers, warbies, replicas, doy bots, copbots etc. would give droner way more depth.

Droner has been the oddjob for a long time, they are loners, not much needed for teams and they don't have much use in anything else than just hunting rares.

They are an awesome class, I really enjoy playing a droner, and I would love to see some more cool stuff on droners.

Pantho
26-01-06, 15:28
Drones with Inventory.. I mean hacking WB's on drones just suck

IF they could hack and loot the WB it would rock :p

Tratos
26-01-06, 17:45
Id really like to see RC Car type drone :D as they would own and the idea of remote controled minis of warbots would be sweet - i also like the idea of gathering parts from mechanical mobs to creat drone versions of them.

Nice thread *****

Scaramanga
26-01-06, 19:25
Remote controlled bots sounds excellent. Would require some kind of scout/probe drone to initiate hack of bot (spider bot, warbot, uvavu copbot etc) then drone disappears and droner takes control of the bot. Would have to reduce the damage of the bot though, in the case of a warbot titan anyway. Wonder what the actual cap is for rate or fire on a warbots weapons.

Napalm82
26-01-06, 20:14
Ground drones would rule...personally i'd love a lil rocket launcher ground drone, like a lil' tank.

Also just for fun, small models of the different vehicals which deals almost no damage at all..think about it..flying a wee DoY bomber around in your apartment and dropping wee bombs...or race 2 Wheeler V.2's around your apartment with your mate, then use the furniture to create a "Course"

- Nap

Tratos
26-01-06, 20:16
Also just for fun, small models of the different vehicals which deals almost no damage at all..think about it..flying a wee DoY bomber around in your apartment and dropping wee bombs...or race 2 Wheeler V.2's around your apartment with your mate, then use the furniture to create a "Course"

- Nap
That is a mint idea!

Fun little competitions could be hand with little tanks going head to head :p lol

Napalm82
26-01-06, 21:45
Also with lil' mini Rhino tanks the Drone racetrack could be a lot more fun :D

Just give them a minimal requirement so most classes can just plug in a Drone chip or 2 and use them...its better to share the fun i always say, well except sex, thats for me and me alone..sometimes also a girl :D

Add theese drones and as mentioned in some other thread remove the "Vehicles stay on the ground no matter if they drive over a cliff with 100 km/h" for some kickarse racing in your apt. (Slalom through Warbot trophies FTW!!!)

- Nap

Finl
26-01-06, 22:39
first they need to fix punisher damage, its useless. dex 122 does shitty shitty damage. its bugged.

rob444
26-01-06, 23:17
With a bit hacking and droning skills, I'd love to remotely hack enemy players vehicles ^^ *drive them into the water - evil grin*

Heavyporker
27-01-06, 17:33
My gawd, R/C cars for droners would just absolutely RULE.

make it so that these little r/c vehicles take the same rcl/will as a short-range scout drone, so they're more accessible.

THEN LET THE GREAT RACES BEGIN!