PDA

View Full Version : Observer Drones

Super Mario
25-01-06, 20:31
At work today i was thinking maybe they should be taken off the local listor given a stealth (10-20-30 secs) as they shouldnt really be able to see so easily.

Maybe it would make them more useful in op wars (scouting ect...)

whadda ya think??

Super M

rob444
25-01-06, 21:41
I think observer drones should be able to see stealthed people, as it is an observer drone after all with all these hightech gadgets.

Brammers
26-01-06, 11:39
Or add a cool infra-red option, that can been used at night or to see stealthers.

msdong
26-01-06, 13:40
I think observer drones should be able to see stealthed people, as it is an observer drone after all with all these hightech gadgets.

with unstealth ability as long as a laserpointer of the drone hits the stealth target

Pantho
26-01-06, 14:06
wow weird, Yesterday on the Templars Ventrillo Forum, all of those points where mentioned......

lol..

Bugs Gunny
26-01-06, 14:20
I'm all for an observer drone being able to see a stealthed person (within a certain rainge), but not for it to be able to unstealth people.
IF you want that feature in it, might as well make the observer drone able to antibuff people.

Brammers
26-01-06, 14:39
I'm all for an observer drone being able to see a stealthed person (within a certain rainge), but not for it to be able to unstealth people.
IF you want that feature in it, might as well make the observer drone able to antibuff people.

Agreed, if you start given observer drones unstealthing ability, it hits the overpowered weapons area faster than a escaping drom on redflash.

Bugs Gunny
26-01-06, 14:41
Agreed, if you start given observer drones unstealthing ability, it hits the overpowered weapons area faster than a escaping drom on redflash.

Ever seen a drom on beast? He'll turn into an animal :D

Xaru
26-01-06, 16:37
I Like the idea of being able to see stealthed runners with the observer drone.
Should even have a gun, wich lets the stealthed runner glow for half a second when hit. recharge time for drone should be high. And the stealthed runner would have to get some chance of destroying or deceiving the drone while stealthed.

Regards
Xaru

msdong
26-01-06, 16:51
i dont see a problem on that unstealth thing because u need a lot of components that come together.
1. u need a droner
2. u need a droner wasting firepower to a anti stealth drone
3. the droner need to constantly target the stealter to unstealth
4. u need someone to shoot the victim

compared to the existing option:
1. u need a ppu
2. the PPU runs sanctum
3. the stealth is broken complete.
4. someone shoot the glued victim

the first one is not as much overpowerd the monk thing - i think there are more ppus them droners :)