PDA

View Full Version : Why do we play neocron?

-=Jismo=-
25-01-06, 11:00
:confused:
i have no idea why i play this game, it has to the most buggest ,most unfinshed, most flawed, mmo in the world,

i have been f*cked over many times, but still what is it that makes a good game to play?

anyone know?

Terayon
25-01-06, 11:03
The combat, the setting, and the people. That sums it up realy.

l8m0n
25-01-06, 11:16
the people, thats the reason why i play ;)

SorkZmok
25-01-06, 11:19
I pretty much ask myself the same every day. But i just got used to all the bugs. I mean, 2 out of 3 times i die to lag or random other bugs. I just don't care anymore. I got the money and items so i don't have to care.

But still, it's neocrack. And i occasionally still have lots of fun, for example last night when we went raiding p2. Was great fun. Though the copbot freeze really is a pain in the ass. The amount of cops already is just ridiculous.

I'm gonna delete NC from my hd the next days though, got too much work and learning to do for uni. 2 weeks without NC to get some good grades should be ok. :lol:

Dribble Joy
25-01-06, 11:20
The atmosphere (even if it is currently lacking in the cyber punk compared to earlier), the PvP (when it's not borked) and (most) of the people.

xyl_az
25-01-06, 11:37
definitely NOT the people, but i agree with DJ on this - atmosphere, the cyberpunk feeling of the game is the key to neocrack. Its hard to explain as its not one factor but the overall feeling of the whole setting.

Killall
25-01-06, 12:09
Atmosphere :)

And the fact we have no .. waddaya call it.. prophanity filter? The freedom to express yourself..

Try to make an orginional name for EQ2.. most names wont pass the filter. And yes the people.. When i get shot up by xbow again.. I strive to improve myself (again) :D

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 12:56
The setting, the roleplay, the people.
Then the pvp and how to finetune your character and skills to the max.

And killall, if you want i'll take you to nf, using tl83, tl92 and judge for a few fights and give you some pointers on pvp with pes.
Lesson n°1 is for free. Allways cary antidrugs and don't heal then stealth, use medpacks in stealth, unless your legs are out.

sultana
25-01-06, 13:04
Lesson n°1 is for free. Allways cary antidrugs and don't heal then stealth, use medpacks in stealth, unless your legs are out.
If your fighting another PE, spy or even most tanks, here's your second lesson:

Heal, Stealth then Crouch :)

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 13:10
Don't give all the secrets away now :-)

Pantho
25-01-06, 13:29
Against Spy's/PE's you can heal and stealth (Unless its my PE with the Judgement Day Launcher for fun ^^),

But yea Spy/PE Cant generally do much when you stealth, so use that heal and stealth ur ass away,

Now a monk, well hmm heal and stealth lighs your up like a xmas tree, and they have some nasty Barrels... so dont heal stealth... Stealth run, heal :)

rob444
25-01-06, 14:21
The PVP keeps me here. I could never play this game as a pure tradeskiller, or playing it because of "pvm", that's way to boring. PVP is fun as it has a tendancy to piss people off sometimes. I think it's fun to see people taking +4 people with them to the location they just died on just to "get even".

I guess PVM is good as well but it's boring to do alone and it only serves two purposes for me, XP and rare items.

unreal
25-01-06, 14:24
"It's all about the Pussy Club, baby!"

Mr Kot
25-01-06, 14:59
Definitely the people. Even when my clan of 2 years drifted apart and i wandered into another faction, another clan, the same old friendly faces followed me.

The atmosphere comes second. In what other game could you go talk to a prostitute and shoot the bitch straight after? :D The guns are great and to think that you buy them from a shop called "Boobs and Guns"... well... 'nuff said.

i have been f*cked over many timesKilled? Scammed? Dude, it's only a game. Like someone said on these forums once: if the worst thing that happened to you today is that you "lost" in an online game, you've lived a pretty easy life so far ;)

Zeninja
25-01-06, 16:04
Because of Dopamine !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesolimbic_pathway

Spermy
25-01-06, 16:05
Because at the root of it all is something really special. There's some cool ideas, and a shitload of scope for building on it.

My fave points?

PvP (In most forms)
Community

Tratos
25-01-06, 16:14
Although i dont partake in it too much - PvP, SXR raided Sector 3 the other day it was great fun going after them on my tank with a couple other Phoenix guys.

The roleplay keeps me here a bit as there's such a huge amount of information for you to work on and the back story and previous faction relations mixed with the current and now the evolving relations again allow for some really cool RP situations and political discussion.

The people. After FLUX left for WoW i tried to stay around as i knew very few other people in game and so i played less and less and not at all for a while then i joined Phoenix and im enjoying the game alot again!

Neocron is special in so many ways it has kept alot of us around for a long time and will probably keep some of us around for alot longer.

Bishop Yutani
25-01-06, 17:11
bz its the only cyberpunk game out there. Also, i get addicted to leveling my runner. I cant stop fiddling with the stats and reading about new items i can use and drooling over the ones i cant...

Skusty
25-01-06, 17:23
You get addicted to it. You play it once, you cannot stop.

Dargeshaad
25-01-06, 18:08
Hmm for the PvP, which is much unlike anything else I've tried in a MMO....which makes it all the more pityful that it is almost non-existent anymore.....and certainly not the people/community, which is by far the worst and most childish I've witnessed in any MMO I've played (UO <--best community / EQ / Eve)

Apocalypsox
25-01-06, 19:05
Most people play this game for the PvP and the Community. thats how its always been. If the Community dies it will take this game right down to hell with it.

personally i play NC cause i love FPSes, and i love MMORPGs. so its perfect in my view. except the part about weve been paying for a Beta for many years now :lol:

rob444
25-01-06, 19:05
Played WoW first time yesterday, heh, I thought "wtf is everyone 'OMG WOW ROCKZ0RZ', the game isn't better than neocron, not yet anyway", neocron still beats wow imo, we'll see in the near future though ;)

pain_easer
25-01-06, 19:07
i just find it addictive lol

Brammers
25-01-06, 19:21
Heh, I've been playing for...what 3 years now? Yeah I do curse the bugs. Two of my faction medals vanished last night. My faction medals seem to be the No.1 target of bugs - first they changed to CA ones when they was placed for the very first time!

So what keeps me playing? At the end of the day It all comes down to the people, both in and out of Phoenix who are all great people, and a great laugh. It's not unusual for us to have some mad drinking games on ventrilo! Last time SanityIsLost managed to get me to sing something on vent which had lyrics on the lines of "who f**ked the dogs in the ass"! :eek:

Tratos
25-01-06, 19:26
So what keeps me playing? At the end of the day It all comes down to the people, both in and out of Phoenix who are all great people, and a great laugh. It's not unusual for us to have some mad drinking games on ventrilo! Last time SanityIsLost managed to get me to sing something on vent which had lyrics on the lines of "who f**ked the dogs in the ass"! :eek:
I think i need to stay on vent untill the early hours more often!

Selendor
25-01-06, 19:39
Momentum - I'll never have the time to build up characters in another mmo. I keep playing(paying) because I don't want to lose all that I worked for.

Community, Politics, and Fun were the other reasons but they vanished with Neocron 1.

sanityislost
25-01-06, 19:57

Hahaha that was kickass :D

SiL ..:..

rob444
25-01-06, 20:12
Hey I want to do drinking games with you guys over ventrilo some time, lets invite nidhogg as well, I've heard he's one hell of a singer.