PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so damn difficult...

Jake Cutter
25-01-06, 03:57
to modify my Click2Pay information?

I wanted to add another credit card, and the site tells me my card is invalid. Thinking I made a mistake in enterning the numbers, I tried again, meticulously. This happens to be a credit card account that I have had for over 10 years, and it sure as hell is NOT invalid.

I will say this right now. Reakktor NEEDS a better payment handler for credit card payments. No ifs, buts, ors, or whatever.

I've been playing this game since Beta4, but as of now its way too much f'ing hassle to make a simple payment to play this game. PBC is not really something I want to deal with, either.

And I know of at least two other people (we're talking at least six accounts) who are most likely going bye-bye as well, if something more reasonable doesn't get introduced soon.

--Jake C

Dribble Joy
25-01-06, 04:09
Apparently something is in the works regarding payment, dunno exactly what though.

Toilet-Duck
25-01-06, 04:15
*Prays for Paypal or WorldPay*

IceStorm
25-01-06, 04:18
Is it saying the card is invalid from the get-go, or after it tries to make the micropayments?

C2P (wirecard) is, far as I can tell, classified as an online gambling site. That red flags it for most credit cards and the automated fraud detection systems will block their micropayment attempts. You can try to work with your CC company and C2P to get it working, or you can use a checking account, which for some strange reason works just fine.

You'll have much better success with the checking account. C2P's employees are a rather impatient bunch.

cRazy-
25-01-06, 04:21
C2P (wirecard) is, far as I can tell, classified as an online gambling site. That red flags it for most credit cards and the automated fraud detection systems will block their micropayment attempts.

Thats a very good point.

Jake Cutter
25-01-06, 06:16
I just tried adding another card, which is from the same card company as the one C2P has already been using.

Their FAQ says "make sure your bank doesn't have a general block of Click2Pay" or somesuch.

That isn't the case in my situation...so in all honesty, their shit is broken.

--Jake

IceStorm
25-01-06, 06:37
That isn't the case in my situation...Have you called your bank to confirm they're seeing charge or credit attempts from Wirecard or Click2Pay?

Scaramanga
25-01-06, 19:07
I use the paynova option.

Not had a problem yet that wasnt my own fault.

Maybe worth a try.

Toilet-Duck
25-01-06, 21:19
I use the paynova option.

Not had a problem yet that wasnt my own fault.

Maybe worth a try.

Same here except they add almost another 3 euros for processing via pbc which is almost £9 per month :rolleyes: .

Heavyporker
25-01-06, 22:17
It'd be very nice if KK made it so you could pay through Paypal, because that'd pretty much open the WHOLE GAMING MARKET to them. Paypal... is just that big.

Odin
25-01-06, 22:19
Same here except they add almost another 3 euros for processing via pbc which is almost £9 per month :rolleyes: .

And we've lowered our own price by around 3 euro's for PBC accounts to account for such. Shop around there. Some services are more expensive to use then others. There is a reason why most places don't do alternative payments like PBC does. It's the expense and yes something is in the works but until details are worked out I can't say anything.

Uho
26-01-06, 00:29
3 weeks... few hundred euros to call germany directly onmy mobilephone ...
still nothing...

I WANT TO PLAY

joran420
26-01-06, 00:54
3 weeks... few hundred euros to call germany directly onmy mobilephone ...
still nothing...

I WANT TO PLAY

LOL dont they have free access numbers for 90% of the developed world?
I know they have a free number in the US...

why would you call from your mobile im sure they have a UK free access number

[edit] I know its beside the point but that just struck me as absurd that you would use your mobile for that
[edit] lol been a while since i was on the site i went and looked and looks like the only free access number is for the US...now i feel dumb

Castoff
26-01-06, 07:35
Day 1. Hello C2P " can you please update my Credit Card info ? I have a new Expiration date and I can't go to your site and do this myself. "

Sure no problem. Please wait 24 hours as it may take that long for that card to be removed from our system.

Ok thanks.

Day 2. Log onto C2P site and insert CC info " Invalid CC number "
Hello C2P " there is a problem as it says my CC number is invalid "

We are very sorry please call your CC company as they have us blocked.

Hello CC company " C2P says you all have them blocked "

CC company " C2P is full of nonsense as there is no block on them "

Day 3. Hello C2P " my CC company said there is no block, the problem is on your end "

Oh can you call back on SATURDAY when the guy who handles Neocron matters is here ? He is only here 1 day a week :eek: :mad:

Day 4. Hello C2P Neocron person please " My CC that worked up until 4 days ago said " Invalind CC number " I had it removed from your site and waited 24 hours and tried to add my CC which is from the same company. So can you tell me why this is happening ?

Yes this means your CC Company has us blocked. :confused:

Sir I called my CC Company and they said there is no block. That the problem is on your end.

Well in that case please give us your Checking account and we will use that :eek:

Sorry C2P " NO that is not an option for me "

Ok well can you try using a different CC then ?

Sure C2P no problem. " Invalid CC number " :eek:
Guess what C2P I get the same message.
Well It has been nice knowing you C2P, It was fun while it lasted. Please cancel my account.

Day 7 Hello PBC is there anyway possible I can use a CC at your site ??
I don't want to pay for new Keys again.
My account runs out on the 6th of February.

Day 8 This is C2P we are sorry for any inconvience you may be having. We have sent this problem to our Tech support personel.

Ok C2P thanks.

Day 9 .......... still waiting

Day 10 ........ still waiting.

Day 11 ..... Hello C2P have you found the problem yet ??

Day 12 ... Still waiting.

Day 13 ... Still waiting.

Day 14 ...... Still waiting............. :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

xyl_az
26-01-06, 11:47
yeah castoff that was exactly my case as well

after 3 weeks i gave up and ordered them to delete my account (which of course they didnt) and switched to PBC...

Paynova & PaybyCash caused me few problems (first with credit card, later some technical problems at their webpage) but after another 2 weeks i was finally able to pay.

I cant say anything good about them, but at least i can play...

Of course, provisions are higher and you have to pay additional 7 euro for switching to PBC payment system (license costs :rolleyes: ).

but hey, what else can we do? in normal circumstances i would never use companies as PBC or c2p, i would never gave my money to [self-edit: bite me] like KK and i would never play such a shitty game as NC... but it seems i have no other options :/

Brew
26-01-06, 15:17
wow, you guys got responses?

they charged my purchase of Neocron 2 (first month is the game price after the 10 day trial) as a cash advance instead of as a purchase, so my bank charged me a $10 surcharge.

i sent them an email asking what was going on with their billing and if they could change future transactions to a normal purchase instead of as a cash advance and they never even replied

worst company ever.

i'd even take paypal over this garbage POS of a "company"

Castoff
26-01-06, 19:50
Day 15 ........... Still waiting for replays from PBC & C2P.

Oh wait There is a game called < Project Entropia > Down Load Free, Game play Free. You can use real money to get better stuff, You can also make money back after you reach higher levels.Not for thoes who get bored easily or want everything handed to them on a silver platter. I have been having a blast playing there.

I check into NC to see what is going on < after all I am the CLAN LEADER >

Jake Cutter
26-01-06, 23:56
My C2P response was this...

We have deactivated your present credit card. Please log in and add your new card.

Tried that. Still the same old "card number invalid" BS.

I'll call my card company, and see what they have to say.

FFS why is it so hard to get someone to take my money?

Irritated,
Jake Cutter