PDA

View Full Version : Budding MMO developers

cRazy-
25-01-06, 02:29
Im looking forward to the next few years guys, it looks like we have a few upcoming developers to make new and fantastic MMORPG's.

http://www.wowwebdesigns.com/wowbb/forum22/1437-1.html

(This has to be the most hilariously mind-numbing shit ive ever read, some of this might make KK laugh as well)

BlackDove
25-01-06, 02:33
Promising indeed.

The suspense for the day of the release date makes my testicles drop.

cRazy-
25-01-06, 02:41
Some good quotes from this thread

am not using crappy flash am using real 3d programs. PS: when (not if) game sells it will have a charge $5 for the game and $2 monthly. My team of corse will get it free, this means when completed we will be racking in the money. Remember you wont get paid until after game is made, published, and sold. I am going to rent or buy a server so if anyone has web design skills im to lazy to make my own website, i could use you. But you may not use html code for it is old and useless. Also games take up to half a year to a couple of years to make, this one will take half a year because i know what im doing and my brother is a pro game maker, and will be working with the unreal ternament team soon. Thanks, Dallas.

that sounds pretty cool.............its black ink productions not industries, when game sells mabye ill make an idustry and sell ram or something.

lol im 15, i know a the basics for mmorpg making but, my bro is a pro game maker so he can help me. I have now only 3 people on my team (including you and me)

i was going to call it blue ink pro because when drawing things usualy pros put it in blue ink then black but blue ink was allready taken for an accounting company so i used black ink pro, i think its actualy better because syblolizing that its black ink so that its the final draft.

his name is Chase and he has been talking to the makers of unreal ternement and they asked him to make some models for them. He owns his own company and is going to start out with a cell phone game because they make the most money, mmorpg is second in money making.

I think that text based games suck,
You need grafics to have a good game.

Brammers
25-01-06, 12:55
You know I may just join them... :p

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 13:05
Well, seems like they're gonna need a nidhogg to crack down on their forums after they release patches.
They'll not just forget to test patches, hell no they'll be "too lazy to finnish the code completely"

suler
25-01-06, 13:46
There will also be psy powers so people can pick up monsters or people and throw them or something like that.

Great even little kid crackdream MMOs have stupid magic/psi in them.

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 13:50
You need psi powers to pick up people and throw them ????

I thought that was called JUDO .

rob444
25-01-06, 14:12
Give the guy click n play or something, lol :lol:

ZoVoS
25-01-06, 15:52
Give the guy click n play or something, lol :lol:
lmfao

i havent heard of click n play for like 4 years

Spermy
25-01-06, 15:56
Character models will be composed entirely of play-doh. Players will be expected to pose them and provide appropriate sound effects themselves.

Scaramanga
25-01-06, 18:58
Thanks Crazy, that's bloody hilarious.

rob444
25-01-06, 19:02
lmfao

i havent heard of click n play for like 4 years

Hehe dad got it with his computer like 200 years ago, I had great fun with it, even ended up in buying the games factory (same company that made click n play), games factory / click n create is still pretty cool to make insane and sick games in :p

landofcake
25-01-06, 21:02
It's almost as if it was a joke done on purpose by Jeffk :P

KaZz
26-01-06, 06:59
Some good quotes from this thread

Aww, you missed the one about the butterfly phone game making 300 million on its first day :p

BaDDaSS
28-01-06, 06:03
I was laughing at first, then I had to close the page as I found myself getting more and more annoyed by the newbs. lol

dark_reaper
28-01-06, 07:06
I was laughing at first, then I had to close the page as I found myself getting more and more annoyed by the newbs. lol

Same here :/

Scanner Darkly
28-01-06, 18:11
Oh Christ, I want some of what he's smoking.

Any game that is long and fun wont be a failure, we will HAVE TESTERS. i know a guy who sold a game where you catch butterflys on a cell phone game, he made 300 million the first day, 300 million after that he sold his company and is making more intesting games. If a game where you catch butterflys makes that much, i think a mmorpg will make more. Plus Im not a newb so it will be a good game.

How can games be any more interesting than butterfly catching games?

Spermy
28-01-06, 18:54
Don't you see? He's not a newb!

It will be good!

Oh dear :p

eprodigy
28-01-06, 20:05
wow 300million in one day.. why even develop for pc/console

MkVenner
28-01-06, 21:01
Yeah, right...

300million Turkish Lira maybe

Heavyporker
28-01-06, 21:02
Hey, I think he's talking in Yen.

300 million yen turns out to, what, $30?

CMaster
28-01-06, 23:05

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=300+million+yen+in+dollars&spell=1

unreal
28-01-06, 23:08
What makes it even funnier is that the guy is using Hotmail as his email service, lol

cRazy-
28-01-06, 23:10
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=300+million+yen+in+dollars&spell=1

300 million Japanese yen = 2.569593 million U.S. dollars

hahaah porker that has to be the biggest misjudgement of currency conversion ever.

Conduit
29-01-06, 02:29
hahaah porker that has to be the biggest misjudgement of currency conversion ever.

O RLY? (www.xe.com)
Seems about right to me ;)
$1 = 117 yen

cRazy-
29-01-06, 02:33
O RLY? (www.xe.com)
Seems about right to me ;)
1 $ = 117 yen

Using that site,

300,000,000.00 JPY
Japan Yen = 2,557,762.81 USD
United States Dollars

By the way I was talking about heavyporker, who said

Conduit
29-01-06, 02:36
Oh, ok. Sorry, my bad :D
I really need more sleep today :P

Heavyporker
29-01-06, 21:45
It was a DAMN joke!

I know the dollar/yen ratio wasn't right in my statement. It was a damn joke!

Yeesh.

I suppose any dollar/peso jokes are lost on you too. And US dollar/ Canadian dollar jokes too.

Yeeesh.

cRazy-
29-01-06, 21:58
It was a DAMN joke!

I know the dollar/yen ratio wasn't right in my statement. It was a damn joke!

suuuuure it was :p

VoWZaRiCK
29-01-06, 22:22
where do I sign up for the beta?

Morganth
30-01-06, 03:33
I must admit Crazy thats one of the few things you've posted that hasn't been flamed at on a forums

Q:do you have xfire? A: no i hvae a gaming computer

AlphaGremlin
31-01-06, 10:32
Um... er... :wtf:... I feel brain cells dying just reading that thread! Am I the only one who wanted to gouge their eyes out seeing the rapidly increasing font size he was using?!

I want those 30 seconds of my life back, Crazy! :p
AlphaGremlin