PDA

View Full Version : Hacking and stealing?

Richard Slade
24-01-06, 21:20
Now I'm NC1 and noob NC2.. What can I actually get itemwise from a 220 HCK and alot of time=

kurai
24-01-06, 21:26
Now I'm NC1 and noob NC2.. What can I actually get itemwise from a 220 HCK and alot of time=Bored, mostly ;)

Most of the hackable stuff from NC1 is the same as it ever was (belts, OPs, boxes and the very occasional door).

The Big New Thing[tm] for NC2 ws HackNet ... which turned out to be a big ass old waste of time, for the most part.

dangermaus
24-01-06, 21:32
well... not entirely a waste of time...

with capped software3, you can kill 60/60 hacknet mobs in 3 shots and get paid 1100 nc. 80/80's in 10 shots and get 2500nc, plus full exp for int and dex. 100/100 mobs are just as easy but they take longer, and pay 3900 each (that is, 65/55 capped hacker gets these rewards.)

my hacker can make 1 mil nc in an hour or so if he's dedicated, and you can cap int and dex pretty quickly. Obviously hackers are the only ones who can get database item bp's, but you can do that with a fresh-made noob so that doesn't really matter.

Of course hacknet hackers are needed for outpost wars now, so there's that- higher hackskill means you can kill the enemy that much quicker. Of course 220 hack is way too high to cap even the highest software, so you're just wasting INT at that point

(of course in hacknet only natural HCK matters, since implants don't work- so you probably don't have 220 when you're in hacknet.)

Richard Slade
24-01-06, 21:55
First of all, HCK is never a waste,
2nd let me make this easier... What stuff can I get from the HN?

Is it possible to hack'n'nab other factions stuff?

Edit: And at KK; will HN be fixed to be useful fun and stimulating within the next 10 years?

Conduit
24-01-06, 22:54
On a side note...welcome back Mr Slade :p

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 00:46
Thank you very much mr I am but the conduit ;);)

Selendor
25-01-06, 01:12
Unless they've fixed it, having that high hack level counts against you in real world situations such as op hacking, belt hacking etc. A lower specced hacker will get easier hacks.

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 01:18
Unless they've fixed it, having that high hack level counts against you in real world situations such as op hacking, belt hacking etc. A lower specced hacker will get easier hacks.

Ya, well, getting past those 4 60/60 won't be done by that lower specced though so, it doesn't really count ;)

Can I steal stuff in HN from factions ?! And then what???

IceStorm
25-01-06, 02:39
And then not much.

If you build codebreakers, you can get other faction item BPs from their databases. Unfortunately, it's one BP per codebreaker, so if you want a few shiny new SF CPUs (which are useless inside HackNet), you'll need a few codebreakers.

After doing all that work, though, you'll end up being unable to build the CPU. You need a Faction License (depends on the item, they don't all use licenses from the faction that has the BP), which can only be obtained from the respective Faction Supply Manager.

Basically, all that Hacking effort gets pwned by a 0/17 n00b who has 90 FS, 0 Hack, and the Mr. Jones hack tool.

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 02:50
And then not much.

If you build codebreakers, you can get other faction item BPs from their databases. Unfortunately, it's one BP per codebreaker, so if you want a few shiny new SF CPUs (which are useless inside HackNet), you'll need a few codebreakers.

After doing all that work, though, you'll end up being unable to build the CPU. You need a Faction License (depends on the item, they don't all use licenses from the faction that has the BP), which can only be obtained from the respective Faction Supply Manager.

Basically, all that Hacking effort gets pwned by a 0/17 n00b who has 90 FS, 0 Hack, and the Mr. Jones hack tool.

Ohh how effing great....
So what reqs are there on the License?

Who came up with this idotic idea?
I'm a hacker but I gotta get a license?!

What's next, smugglers paying taxes and gankers asking for permission...?

IceStorm
25-01-06, 04:06
There are no reqs on Licenses. They're just items required for construction, like weapon parts except you can't research or clone them.

You don't know about Licenses and what happened to many of the rare items?

Gloves, non-MC5 rare CPUs, the VHC3, the Rhino, and assorted weapons are now HackNet High Security Database items. To build the items you need a HackNet BP (TL90 datacube), a Faction Construction License, and a set of unbuildble, unclonable Faction parts (all parts are available at all Faction Supply Managers).

Hackers can get the BPs, but the Licenses have to be obtained from FSMs. Without Player Run Stores (which, according to Odin, have been dropped), the only way to get the licenses is from other players who have at least 90 Faction Sympathy (or join a 100 symp clan for a few minutes).

As an ex-Plutonian, I had four chars and thus four accounts. That became 16 characters on Terra, giving me access to all 12 faction databases and FSMs. If I had to rely on others for Licenses, I'd have quit playing a long time ago.

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 04:21
I see... Hmm..
So if I got a guy to buy me.. say 1000 of them, I'd be good for the next 1000 constructs, right? And if I'm no CST and only use it for personal use, it'll last, right?

sanityislost
25-01-06, 04:25
get 10 uses for each one dude, wont need that many.

SiL ..:..

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 04:26
get 10 uses for each one dude, wont need that many.

SiL!! *jumps* Heya ^^

Edit: And on topic: Sweet, that's of great use

Btw where did your morbid wicked cool siggys go??

IceStorm
25-01-06, 04:31
You do not get 10 uses per license. You get 1. There's a 10 on the license, but that doesn't mean anything.

At one point various items were supposed to take varying levels of "license grease", if you want to think of it that way. That's no longer true.

Each license costs about 75 NC.

To buy 12,000 licenses and the two cabinets you'll need to store the 48 to 60 stacks of licenses will cost you about 1.1 million.

sanityislost
25-01-06, 04:37
SiL!! *jumps* Heya ^^

Edit: And on topic: Sweet, that's of great use

Btw where did your morbid wicked cool siggys go??

Sex :P

Good to see ya about mate.

KK pwned my sigs so i got kinda normal ones atm, tho its funny about the
razor blade banner advert i had a sig like that with a butcher knife....they
pwned that also :/

{Edit}@Ice: really? damn thats evil, kinda thought you got ten uses.....just
shows how much attention i show to tradeskilling :p

ZoVoS
25-01-06, 04:59
best to ask brammers... or sumbody else who has gone deep into TH network

from what i understand you can get ion weapon parts from there but nobody knows/its not in game how to make them yet