PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist time....

RentonDraines
24-01-06, 17:52
Things I'd like to see, many of which have been brought up before, but most of which seem to me relatively easy to implement:

ingame notepad

RPOS address book where you can make notes about individual people

Info page descriptions finally entered for individual items
(specifically for things like codeparts, rare parts, etc.)

Cashcubes revamped to avoid exploiting and brought back.

Writable datacubes brought back. (tbh i haven't tried recycling one, so they may still work?)

Public cabinets at the least, passworded cabinets at best, security cabinets which anyone (not just clan) can hack as a mediocre solution.

English-as-first-language person, hired to rewrite the dialogue of the NPC's. There isn't even programming required! Just have someone rewrite things so it isn't so unprofessional.

A buddy list that tells me who's on.

A use for Job Center

Some sort of bonus for doing trade stuff in DoY 6, TH 3, P1, and Club Veronique.

some reason to go to Pussy Club and Twister in the wastes.

New quests with random prizes (instead of do-this-quest-get-this-item for everything in the game!)

And while i'm on a wishlist:

Trunks for vehicles!

mobs stop targetting cloaked players

Fix bounding boxes for wasteland objects (trees, rocks etc)

remote repair brought back (how exactly do i exploit this? if someone doesn't have something in their processor, nothing gets repaired, right? you dont' hear anyone complaing about poke exploits!)

ingame or out-of-game manual for new players. To most of us the game is simple, but even the offline tutorial doesn't begin to scratch the surface of this game. The ingame ? information hasn't changed since nc1 retail, if not late beta. Exotic Psi Use is still listed ffs.

Anyway, that's the kind of stuff i'm talking about. Feel free to throw in your own ideas. I'm not talking about player class changes, ppu nerfs, bugfixes that we all hear about every day, since well, we hear about that stuff every day :P oh, and stars if you like my ideas pls :D

Renton

giga191
24-01-06, 18:24
terminator quad that doesn't die in 2 seconds

easier to get ammo for car47

EDIT: 90% of the stuff people want is stuff that KK have either said they will or tried to put into the game but have failed miserably and made it totally useless

Dribble Joy
24-01-06, 19:28
There is an out of game manual, but it's still heavily based on early NC1 (last time I looked).

Remote repair was removed because people (monks mostly) would sit next to a vehicle, shoot/get a mate to shoot it and macro dex xp.

The job centre could be made usefull, have the very easy, easy and medium missions from terminals in there, not any old citycom. Hard and very hard from faction HQ terminals.

As for what I want: reorganised skill system and kami chips bacl please :D.

Richard Slade
24-01-06, 20:34
A HackNet where the bloody mobs don't hide in the corners...

Bishop Yutani
24-01-06, 20:45
Move to the Unreal 2 engine :D

Dade Murphey
24-01-06, 20:51
Wow...I think this is the first time I've ever totally agreed with someone's list

Apocalypsox
24-01-06, 20:55
one or two things i want.

-Jumping vehicles. hit a ramp at top speed you shouldnt stay glued to the ground.

-I WANT MY BLOODY COMBAT MECHS I CAME BACK TO THIS GAME FOR FFs lol (i know it will never happen)

Dribble Joy
24-01-06, 21:00
Thik there might be issues with vehicle trunks (boots in english), though a 'slot' on a vehicle where you could place a variety of objects, gogu, extra seat, etc. would be good.

dangermaus
24-01-06, 21:05
Remote repair was removed because people (monks mostly) would sit next to a vehicle, shoot/get a mate to shoot it and macro dex xp.

VHC remote repair is the only one that actually works. o_O

dangermaus
24-01-06, 21:08
A HackNet where the bloody mobs don't hide in the corners...

get your HCK and T-C skills up to at least cap attack 2. They won't live long enough to hide, and your range will improve quite a bit.

Pantho
24-01-06, 21:10
oh and Datacubes that you can right no do work... Any1 now if the Writable Disks are Re-Writable#?? i could use in clan app to leave msg's lol

nobby
25-01-06, 00:15
The Better sex we'd been promissed!

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 01:00
THESE (http://www.rocketbox.de/neocron2/neocron201.htm)

And yeah, we did get Better Sex (http://www.techhaven.org/albums/nc21evol/abn.jpg) ;)

J J
25-01-06, 01:39
ok my 1 wish for the game (aside from the damn 50/50 and 0/0 ;) )

MAKE RIFLES HAVE A POINT IN THE DAMN GAME. where is the point in them being ingame if everything fades from existence 20 yards from your face. Seriously this must be the only game where the best use for a sniper rifle is to slap someone about the back of the head with it as they appear on your screen....

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 01:44
ok my 1 wish for the game (aside from the damn 50/50 and 0/0 ;) )

MAKE RIFLES HAVE A POINT IN THE DAMN GAME. where is the point in them being ingame if everything fades from existence 20 yards from your face. Seriously this must be the only game where the best use for a sniper rifle is to slap someone about the back of the head with it as they appear on your screen....
Well take a glider and get ontop of a mountain, there you will learn the difference between a snipah and a pistol...
It's all about situation

xyl_az
25-01-06, 01:57
bullshit, show me such place where i cant snipe you with pistols...

Jake Cutter
25-01-06, 02:03
1) Choice of specific locations for clan apartments

2) Two-seat hovertec

3) and last but not least, a friendlier method to pay for the game

I've got more, but these are the ones that came to mind the quickest.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 02:09
bullshit, show me such place where i cant snipe you with pistols...
CM bunker mountain wall upper edge

ZoVoS
25-01-06, 05:20
ingame notepad ( you can make one out of some expensive parts. and write whatever u want on it. then save it... but u cant edit it =] )

Cashcubes revamped to avoid exploiting and brought back. ( i dont think they can ever stop the exploiting... which is a pitty i want to leave 999nc in everybodys dead body)

Writable datacubes brought back. (they did last time i tryed)

some reason to go to Pussy Club and Twister in the wastes. (twisters is the start of a non fraction epic)

apart form that i agree with the rest of the stuf u said

RentonDraines
25-01-06, 07:21
( you can make one out of some expensive parts. and write whatever u want on it. then save it... but u cant edit it =] )
That is _not_ what i'm talking about. I mean a key that lets me bring up a notepad. Not a datacube, something i can keep notes of for myself. This relates to my address book and the basics for every computer operating system designed in the last 10 years.

cashcubes revamped to avoid exploiting and brought back. ( i dont think they can ever stop the exploiting... which is a pitty i want to leave 999nc in everybodys dead body)
How about, if you put 1 nc in a cashcube, you lose 1nc. If you use/activate the cashcube, the cube is destroyed and you gain the cash. NC is eternal, cubes are transient. As long as the money is tracked, no exploit!

Writable datacubes brought back. (they did last time i tryed)
You forgot to quote my question whether they were back or not.

some reason to go to Pussy Club and Twister in the wastes. (twisters is the start of a non fraction epic)
Really? i tried talking to everyone there, nobody offered me anything. Must have missed it.

Oh, and now that I'm thinking about this all over again, how about basic windows/mac UI interface functionalty? What do I mean???? CUT / COPY / PASTE ?!?!? Come on now! These are built into almost every modern SDK as calls that require nothing more than knowlege of the language. Is it really reasonable that if someone gives me info INGAME that I want to use outside of the game, I have to either memorize or write it down? Let's make KK put their money where their mouths are..

Sorry, i got spawncamped today so i'm not in a good mood.

Renton

sultana
25-01-06, 09:25
Well they do kinda have a point. The lowtech rifles are better then the lowtech pistols :)

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 10:10
Change the terminator assault quad into something people will actualy use.

Remove parashock from both pro and doy guards/copbots.

Give DOY a reason to live in the dome, not just use it to do some quick shopping.

Give Pro city a place like the TG canyon.

FIX THE BLOODY TURRET GUNS on trikes. It's been like this for years.

canuma100
25-01-06, 10:20
I want a cool Hacknet Matrixstyle intelligent mobs and good loot make Rare HN software Ingame and lets do more then just Download BPs or taking/defending Ops Its boring there

hackers can disable Pulic GRs for exemple

and make a HLT bar in the hackwindow

-=Jismo=-
25-01-06, 10:46
i would like kk to find a way to punish corrupt tradeskillers that steal your stuff.

i would like to see a huge improvement to tanks and there "powerful weapons and amazing resists" which cap at 72%

i would like to see a dissy become useful as a higtech rifle as atm is s**t compared to hl, maybe make it so that it hits everyshot.

i do remeber something about combat mechs, i would love to see that, but then when will player shops come out?

i would like to see more woc items as the rifle woc is very s**t, a powerful hc woc would be cool.

i think that there should also be trade benifits in the "safe trading areas" maybeing giving each one a differnt bouns like having p1 give +10 cst whilegiving doy sec6 +10 ress or tech +5 cst + 5 repp? :angel:

i would like to see a new line of rare weapons, (when is the new shotgun coming out?,) such as ion rifles / maybe cannon (aoe?), some form of aoe rifle or meele, like someone said , a more usful use for hacknet :)

there are thousands of this that kk need to fix and thing that they have promised to release, i doubt they eva will :confused:

FarSight
25-01-06, 11:02
How about, if you put 1 nc in a cashcube, you lose 1nc. If you use/activate the cashcube, the cube is destroyed and you gain the cash. NC is eternal, cubes are transient. As long as the money is tracked, no exploit!

Bah ... money is tracked but items not !

I need to write smt and i need to do it smart to not get banned...

Anyway if any1 here is familiar with databases that should know typical layout of database table fields:
Unique ID | Filed1 | Field2 | Field3 | etc ....
most important is so called 'Unique ID' that allows to find each given record in table.
Items in neocron DOES NOT have Unique ID's so you cant find/track any item.

In my opinion items in Neocron only exists as parts of 'containres' they are in. There are many types of 'containers' for eg: F2, F3, F7, cabs, boxes, zones, apps (in fact its zone too), trading item is a change of containers too (from one ppl F2 to second ppl F2 via another container trade window)

Moving items from one container to other (from cab to inv for eg) is done client side then update info is send to server so in database item is removed from source container (cab) and added to target container (inv).
Thats why duping exploit was possible.
So KK made a fix by blockin fast reopening of containers.... but its only half of success becasue duping is still possible due to game mechanic (thats why some times items accidently dupe).

Now if its true (its only mu guess), bad solution about maintaining items in game was choosen long ago and its buried deep in code/database structure and can be changed easily .. thats why when KK tried to implement Item Trackin (prolly by: give each item unique id and track it by adding logs for each change of item placement) it fail even if it was supposed only for small percent of items in game.

We can whine bout that .... but this idea about not making item trackin was good @ early stage of neocron ... neocron was supposed to be about WAR not fkin farming .... there was no rares, MC5 imps, WOC disks and other stuff, ppl were suposed to level chars, made their guns (TPC, EPR, whateva) and FIGHT, of coz getting 8 (yep 8 not 5) slotter wasnt common but all (ok there were drop only ones but they drop every time only vary on stats/slots) weapons were storebought so getting decent weapon was only matter of cash and making cash in neocron was/is/will be easy.
But we have here not a fighters comunity but carebears ... ppl dont fight ppl grind MC5 with droners or do other retarded bored shit.

So when neocron was game w/o rares/mc5/epics item trackin wasnt needed at all. Because any1 was able to make a new item quite easily.

KK killed old neocron by adding grind. So many hardcore fighters left/didnt reactivate game bcuz when they realized that its NEEDED to spent let say another month to be vialable in pvp bcuz KK added new fkin GRIND bcuz carebears are bored.

PS. My wishlist:
- do smt about PPU (one slot servers can do it but of coz it wont happen)
- bring back in anyway penalties on weapon's or weapon skills for users with LE in.
- make this game bout WAR not GRIND

PSS. yea my english suck

xyl_az
25-01-06, 11:41
CM bunker mountain wall upper edge

Sure i can, i can snipe you with judge, boh, rolh and slasher, dunno about other pistols but those for sure. There is no sniping in this game, as the sniped one can always "sniped" back. As far as i know you can reach the guy with cannons too. The only class which is unable to snipe from below the guy sitting on the top of the mountain is apu i think.

unreal
25-01-06, 12:02
MAKE RIFLES HAVE A POINT IN THE DAMN GAME. where is the point in them being ingame if everything fades from existence 20 yards from your face. Seriously this must be the only game where the best use for a sniper rifle is to slap someone about the back of the head with it as they appear on your screen....Change your fog settings? I only have that problem when people are WAY too far away, although they're still targetable so yeah.. would be nice if they did tweak the view distance a bit, I think the weather pisses me off most of all, especially when it starts snowing, it's about as bad a being in pitch black when you're trying to hunt down a sniper.

Snow is actually a huge problem because it's client-side. So you'll be sat there unable to see fuck all, and your enemy will be there without snow and the foggy effects it brings being able to see you perfectly.

Pantho
25-01-06, 12:06
Isnt the very top ledge an exploit?

Although you can get up without Exploiting if your a Droner, who happens to fly a Scout Glider <--

/Edited for stupid things

Dribble Joy
25-01-06, 12:07
Snow should be client side, but triggered server side.

xyl_az
25-01-06, 13:54
Isnt the very top ledge an exploit?

Although you can get up without Exploiting if your a Droner, who happens to fly a Scout Glider <--

/Edited for stupid things

no its not exploit, there are several problems with it indeed but ultimately - beeing on the top ledge isnt exploit. And thats official.

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 14:03
i would like to see a huge improvement to tanks and there "powerful weapons and amazing resists" which cap at 72%

i would like to see a dissy become useful as a higtech rifle as atm is s**t compared to hl, maybe make it so that it hits everyshot.

1. Tanks are fine, it's just that there are so few good tanks left, since they USED to be opwar chars and now all those people are playing apus or ppus.
For example: Giga killed all fetish pes in duels with his CS tank only two nights ago.

2.Ever been shot by one? That thing hits VERY hard, it hurts more than a healing light, but it takes skill to use it. Healing light is the autoaim rifle, i know, i used one. Full open reticle, still get half the shots in.

solling
25-01-06, 14:07
Fixing the taking of ops so that NO ONE can lock the op for a long ass time preventing anyone from hacking it

fixing ressurection exploit

make the tanks heavy a big better since they are compared to other classes a bit underpowered

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 14:10
Compared to other classes means the apus holy lightning?

Name me 10 good tanks and name me 10 good apus..... that should say it all.

Tanks are fine, if you don't believe it watch Giga or Choppo fight people.

ZoVoS
25-01-06, 15:54
Compared to other classes means the apus holy lightning?

Name me 10 good tanks and name me 10 good apus..... that should say it all.

Tanks are fine, if you don't believe it watch Giga or Choppo fight people.

:angel:

tanks are overpowered if its a 1 v 1 and they hyb to use a thunderbolt

:angel:

John Wu
25-01-06, 15:58
Sure i can, i can snipe you with judge, boh, rolh and slasher, dunno about other pistols but those for sure. There is no sniping in this game, as the sniped one can always "sniped" back. As far as i know you can reach the guy with cannons too. The only class which is unable to snipe from below the guy sitting on the top of the mountain is apu i think.
whats the maximum range of pistols? I'm sure its less than 200 m. visibility goes beyond 200 m.

another point, its alot easier to keep your aim closed on someone at a distance with rifles than it is with pistols. you also dont need to hit it as often as you have to with pistols, making it easier again to place your shots.

yes, you _can_ hit someone with pistols at quite a long range - if they dont move. try that on a moving target at 150 m.

Spermy
25-01-06, 16:11
Blizzard style loot - IE Armour vests with stats chosen at random from within parameters, truly unique armour :)

Slotted armour/belts for tailoring setups

Psi boosters removed and replaced with a Psi pool regneration spell requiring no Psi to use.

A wider variety of implants.

More new quest content ( the new missions rock.)

Faction reshuffling

Pistol range decrease. Or long range aiming cap upped.

Torq
25-01-06, 16:12
My wish is a rare/woc Tank only Gatlin, doing like 2/3 reveler cannon damage, with the "old model" and a golden swirly. Alternative i'd like to see combat mechs :p

giga191
25-01-06, 17:24
Tanks are fine, if you don't believe it watch Giga or Choppo fight people. add rex condo to that list

Bugs Gunny
25-01-06, 17:48
Goddamnid, let's all roll tanks then and go out in rhinos.