PDA

View Full Version : How about FIXING and FINISHING before ADDING?

-FN-
23-01-06, 08:56
Ok... I am trying to take this is lightly as possible...

My first 4-Slot Ultimated Ceres Handgun was 'eaten' by a bug.

I do thank KK for resetting my ability to do the quest. I just redid it this weekend.

I got a 2-Slot 'replacement' Handgun. I would've been fine with it... however... once I put the ammo in it the gun DISAPPEARED AGAIN - is this supposed to be funny?

I'm really beyond frustrated and pissed off right now. Mostly because I know their policy is to not replace anything, and they have already reset the quest... and even they reset it again, do I really want to do this god damn quest a third fucking time???

This whole situation is seriously fucked up.

- So this bug is still obviously here and has fucked me AGAIN...
- Grim Chaser's loot is wrong...
- HackNet weapon runs are still incomplete..
- Codebreaker 7's parts still don't drop...
- Vehicles are still stuck on 'forward' when you zone, even if you don't touch the keyboard...
- Stealth effects are permanent client-side if you leave NF stealthed...
- Wargames doesn't work/exist...
- Playershops will never happen, even tho some excellent alternatives have been brought up...
- The NEW weapons still use the OLD ammo and ammo models...
- The Mini-Map randomly flips itself and the compass inverts in some zones - most noticably El Farid...

And none of this is scheduled to change until June? We need some fixes before a new huge patches, adding more to the list of unfinished things, happens.

Sorry to rant, but I feel pretty fucked over right now... again.

Bugs Gunny
23-01-06, 09:11
-the ability to hacklock ops
-item tracking
-accesories
-visible armor
-inventory items turning into others after death
-inability to use weapons afterrez, needing to zone
-minimap going black when turning on navray
-Blackmist garabage dump minimap postioning wrong
-ceres launcher dungeons closed

xyl_az
23-01-06, 09:12
...aaaaand many many more

Just do something about the fucking monkies and i'll be happy... I came to a point when i stopped caring about anything else. I dont care about content, i dont care about bugfixes, i dont care about storyline, i dont care about graphics, i dont care about netcode issues...

I do care about balance though. This game is fucked up in so many places that we have to make some priorities. Make the fucking game balanced first. Then make bugfixes. And then... do whatever you want... i dont care

msdong
23-01-06, 11:04
- Vehicles are still stuck on 'forward' when you zone, even if you don't touch the keyboard...
- Grim Chaser's loot is wrong...

isnt a bug, but helps you not to crash after a long sync in a glider

but i agree on the 2nd

unreal
23-01-06, 11:10
- Stealth effects are permanent client-side if you leave NF stealthed...It happens with the damage boost animation as well. I would assume it does the same with any other animation that 'sticks' to your character, like burning, poison, etc.

Speaking of vehicles... http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131845

Brammers
23-01-06, 11:27
Ouch FN, they screwed the gun up again? :(

But there is one thing that is missing from your list, thats was promised for the international release. Today it is still missing and not working. (Unless KK like to say it's working, and if KK say it's working why hasn't FN got his original gun back?)

Let me do a Bram's big special letters to etch the two words into everyones mind...

Item Tracking.

Yes folks, item tracking is not there.

RogerRamjet
23-01-06, 11:57
How about fixing stutter cast aswell?

CMaster
23-01-06, 12:02
Codebreaker 7 parts do drop - from the High Security logins around the cities.
Interesting about the gun - I've sucessfully loaded one... but then some things seem to have gone backwards latley...

Nidhogg
23-01-06, 12:25
Has this happened to anyone else?

N

Finl
23-01-06, 12:29
got rumors about it, havent try it my self yet.

ZoVoS
23-01-06, 12:30
got rumors about it, havent try it my self yet.
if u do make sure u fraps it

=] cumon then they will have to replace it if it goes poooof

jini
23-01-06, 12:31
Has this happened to anyone else?

N
Well I have only just 2 days back mod one genocide pistol and then made some ammo and placed it in the gun. It all went fine, but I did mod it before putting ammo in it

giga191
23-01-06, 12:36
FN wants a third pistol :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
23-01-06, 12:43
The problem's been identified. It was always a problem with the ammo rather than the gun and, unfortunately, if you load bad ammo into the gun this will happen. All ammo created since the patch is ok but if you have some from before the patch then you shouldn't use it. To be on the safe side we would recommend getting rid of all your ammo and starting again. -FN-, please create a call ticket if you haven't already.

N

jini
23-01-06, 13:09
omg, this means ALL old ammo from EVERYONE should be destroyed as well.

Riddle
23-01-06, 13:15
O shit....... :( Unlucky FN hopefully this time they will sove it and yes why the fuck should you do it a 3rd time?

As for Bug fixes these ought to be stepped up by now FFS as they tell us there is a guy working on it solely where are the fixes?

unreal
23-01-06, 13:48
heh, good job I haven't done anything with mine other than show off the 5 slots, I still don't even know the recipes for the ammo, but when I do, I definitely won't be using anyone elses ammo. :)

Bugs Gunny
23-01-06, 14:37
Do you guys at KK have any idea how unprofessional it makes you look?

Nidhogg
23-01-06, 16:11
In light of this recent turn of events we have decided to extend the deadline for requesting a reset of the quest flag by an extra week. The deadline will now be February 1st.

N

/edit - launcher updated

Mighty Max
23-01-06, 16:35
omg, this means ALL old ammo from EVERYONE should be destroyed as well.

No, only the ammo that does not show the number of uses. Ammo that was created after the patch has 80 uses, the faulty one exactly ... 1 and therefor no number shows.

This should identify them.

So, who wants to buy new ammo from my trader?

Digital-Talios
23-01-06, 16:40
Think its easier to add more content then to fix existing bugs?

Heavyporker
23-01-06, 17:31
oh, man, FN... I'm so sorry to hear that.

You know what, get me a new computer capable of playing NC2.1, I'll see about stocking my store with Ceres parts and such, to make the pain of getting yet another gun much less painful.

Zeninja
23-01-06, 17:42
- The NEW weapons still use the OLD ammo and ammo models...
I don't understand clearly this part. What are you refering to ? Ammo clips in your inventory, or used clips that get out of your gun while firing ?

-FN-
23-01-06, 17:56
- Vehicles are still stuck on 'forward' when you zone, even if you don't touch the keyboard...isnt a bug, but helps you not to crash after a long sync in a glider
No, it used to zone you, then start you going forward at the momentum you zoned at, but if you weren't touching the keyboard (or not using auto-run), you would slow down and stop. Now I can go across the entire wasteland by just hitting W once across a zoneline then walking away.

Item Tracking.
The load Item Tracking put on the servers made thing unplayable for EVERYONE. Until they can figure out how to do it without killing the servers - they'll have to do without it.

No, only the ammo that does not show the number of uses. Ammo that was created after the patch has 80 uses, the faulty one exactly ... 1 and therefor no number shows.

This should identify them.
Come to think of it, my stack only said "x24" on it (now "x23")... and it is the same ammo that's been sitting in my gogo since the day my first pistol blew up... I wish someone would've put this up somewhere. We need a stickied KNOWN ISSUES thread :mad:

-FN-, please create a call ticket if you haven't already.

I sent one last night at 1:58am EST, before I posted this thread, entitled "...Ceres Bug STILL EXISTS" to helpdesk@neocron.com - but did not receive an autoreply. I am looking at my
Sent Mail right now and it's there... should I resend it?

I don't understand clearly this part. What are you refering to ? Ammo clips in your inventory, or used clips that get out of your gun while firing ?
When they released all the new weapon screenshots, they also had new ammo associated with most of them:

http://nc.synergyxr.net/images/Evol2.1/FUSIONPISTOL.jpg
http://nc.synergyxr.net/images/Evol2.1/Grenade_Launcher_2.jpg
http://nc.synergyxr.net/images/Evol2.1/Nailgun_1.jpg

However all the 2D and 3D models for the ammo are from the OLD ammo. Moving on with 2.2 before things introduced in 2.1 are finished just, in my opinion, feels 'half-assed'.

-accesories
-visible armor
-ceres launcher dungeons closed
Thanks for mentioning the Ceres Lab... that's another really annoying unfinished portion... how long has that been closed? The Ceres Cyborgs get pretty damn boring.

Mighty Max
23-01-06, 18:16
Come to think of it, my stack only said "x24" on it (now "x23")... and it is the same ammo that's been sitting in my gogo since the day my first pistol blew up... I wish someone would've put this up somewhere. We need a stickied KNOWN ISSUES thread :mad:

They should have been removed and still should imo.

Who stops some griefers to hand out the faulty ammo to some noob (noob as in doesnt know this) so he looses the gun?

pain_easer
23-01-06, 18:22
OMFG , thats fucked up

Mr Kot
23-01-06, 20:54
It seems that noone will know whether the ammo you see if old or new.

My advice is: If you haven't made the ammo yourself (which you can do even with no recycle skill at any mine with bonus, with a glove or with a cst 3 buff) then reload the gun in NEOFRAG to test it.

If you can't be 100% certain you made the ammo yourself since the patch, don't trust it. Off to Neofrag with you, test and throw away what doesn't work. Throw faulty ammo away outside NF, of course :p

Lodar
23-01-06, 21:03
It seems that noone will know whether the ammo you see if old or new.

My advice is: If you haven't made the ammo yourself (which you can do even with no recycle skill at any mine with bonus, with a glove or with a cst 3 buff) then reload the gun in NEOFRAG to test it.

If you can't be 100% certain you made the ammo yourself since the patch, don't trust it. Off to Neofrag with you, test and throw away what doesn't work. Throw faulty ammo away outside NF, of course :p

Also don't just chuck ammo into Plaza and leave it there, as some poor sod might pick it up, and it could end up getting back into the pool along with "clean" ammo. ;)

If you want to permenantly destroy something, you can kill a mob, then place the offending item inside the mobs corpse. Once the mob disappears, the item will be gone forever.

Destroy your ammo people! ;)

Zheo
23-01-06, 21:05
-Most looting is wrong, most mobs above 85 tend to have messed up loots, most notisably, hovers, and fire mobs.
-Loggon Issue causing you to be stuck in sync.
-FRE when zoning
-Players turning invisible for no reason.
-Mobs not shooting but actually damaging you
-HC PA athletics nerf in addition to heavy weapon speed nerf.

And much much more!

Rabiator
23-01-06, 21:27
The problem's been identified. It was always a problem with the ammo rather than the gun and, unfortunately, if you load bad ammo into the gun this will happen. All ammo created since the patch is ok but if you have some from before the patch then you shouldn't use it. To be on the safe side we would recommend getting rid of all your ammo and starting again. -FN-, please create a call ticket if you haven't already.

N
Hmm, what about updating this in the database? As in "replace all old ammo with new ammo"?
Or is the database structure so complex that a UPDATE table_name... won't cut it?

Tratos
23-01-06, 21:32
Local List Lag.

Somone leaves zone, somone else enters - local thinks nothing has happened and the new person has the old persons name.

james_finn
23-01-06, 23:43
We need a stickied KNOWN ISSUES thread :mad:

Hmm I believe that I suggested that around a month ago, yet it got shot down by Nidhogg for no apparant reason. A stickied known issues thread would be so much easier for vets coming back into the game, and noobies starting to enjoy and get into the higher end stuff (thats not to say that theres not stuff broken at lower levels im sure there is.).

Delphi

Paper Dragon
23-01-06, 23:57
Hmm I believe that I suggested that around a month ago, yet it got shot down by Nidhogg for no apparant reason. A stickied known issues thread would be so much easier for vets coming back into the game, and noobies starting to enjoy and get into the higher end stuff (thats not to say that theres not stuff broken at lower levels im sure there is.).

Delphi

Problem is, a thread like that would easily turn into trolling and "FIX THIS REAKKTOR" rather than constructive, informative posts.

retr0n
24-01-06, 00:28
Problem is, a thread like that would easily turn into trolling and "FIX THIS REAKKTOR" rather than constructive, informative posts.

That's why we have *shock horror* forum moderators.
All they would have to do is weekly clean up the thread and only leave the
relevant posts, like they currently do in the RL-pic thread.

Paper Dragon
24-01-06, 00:30
That's why we have *shock horror* forum moderators.
All they would have to do is weekly clean up the thread and only leave the
relevant posts, like they currently do in the RL-pic thread.

Then you'd get people bitching that Reakktor were covering things up. ;)

FarSight
24-01-06, 00:57

Then KK should made it closed and post only by Nid or Odin or Dirus or whateva no spam not trollin etc

Apocalypsox
24-01-06, 00:58
FN mentioned the compass flipping/inverting the zone, i find this most noticably in Battledome (i hunt warbots there alot) It used to be you follow the road to go West to get to MB- recently the zone was inverted and now you must go what used to be SOUTH to get to MB- really fucked me up tbh.

a4nic8er
24-01-06, 03:32
Bugs. There are so many. From the little annoying inconsequential ones that we all deal with every day, to the rarer ones with big bad consequences that we hope we never fall foul of again.

We sit down, zone, relog, kill_self to fix the little things and assume everyone else does also. We use the Helpsystem to get the quick fix we need from a GM for known and new bugs that wont be fixed by us. Some of us submit Bugtracker reports from time to time. With no feedback to the player from the Bugtracker, the Helpsystem becomes the default line of communication for some users to gauge/interpret the attitude of "The Powers That Be" towards the importance of known and unknown issues. If the GMs aren't informed they can't inform us. Conversely, they can't forward information on problems that we don't tell them about.

If we had a system which could classify and enumerate the reports, the Developers could find out which problems are most prevalent and which ones are most likely to kill players with blood-pressure/heart issues

Perhaps the Bugtracker system needs updating?
Are many reports being submitted?

In-game bugtracker reports could be carbon-copied to a "Known Issues" thread in this forum. That thread (or section) could be fully Moderated (all posts would have to be approved before they are visible). So it wouldn't be real-time, but I believe it would be helpful over time. Perhaps a group of GMs and Moderators could get together and work out what they need to classify and prioritise issues then post the top 10? Or maybe a "This Month's Issue" thread?

If everyone is totally paranoid it could be in an "Invite Only" section of the forum and the players who actually submit Bugtracker reports are more likely to be asked in to help.

Please somebody do something to stop this game making people swear. I can't fucking stand it!

Koshinn
24-01-06, 03:54
Hmm, what about updating this in the database? As in "replace all old ammo with new ammo"?
Or is the database structure so complex that a UPDATE table_name... won't cut it?
They often remove items by turning them into milkey rens. That's why you can have milkey rens with stats and requirements on them. Well the removed the requirements, but stats are still there.

Foo
24-01-06, 04:15
All and more reasons why i just cba to log on and play atm , i find myself playing Diablo 2 more then i do neocron. Cause to be quiet rank i just cannot be arsed with all the buggs and fuck all being done about them . All we get is "Yea we know about it " and that is it , brushed under the carpet hopeing we will just get on with things.

I cant see me logging back in till i see a vast improvement on bug fixing .

Marx
24-01-06, 06:05
Then you'd get people bitching that Reakktor were covering things up. ;)

I don't think people would bitch if it became obvious that things on that list were getting fixed.

MrTrip
25-01-06, 09:48
I doubt they use mysql for their database as its not that great at handling MASSIVE ammounts of data quickly, or so I heard.

kurai
25-01-06, 13:54
I doubt they use mysql for their database as its not that great at handling MASSIVE ammounts of data quickly, or so I heard.They do.
As for the implications that has for the system as a whole ... I leave that for you to think about.

Rabiator
25-01-06, 21:44
They do.
As for the implications that has for the system as a whole ... I leave that for you to think about.

Hmm.
For a long time MySQL had a reputation of being quite fast but also not very reliable/robust. Definitely not in the class of database systems like Oracle. So that hints at a possible source for the bugs, especially if KK still uses an older version.
Anyway, NC is a game where I really would like to dig in the source code some day. Because it has an unique combination of doing some things quite well and others abysmally bad.
One gets the idea that some rather small changes, applied in the right places, might do wonders for the game ;)

giga191
25-01-06, 22:19
I wouldn't mind if KK just fixed stuff for 6 months and called it 2.2. while the art dept made new char models.

-FN-
25-01-06, 22:26
I wouldn't mind if KK just fixed stuff for 6 months and called it 2.2. while the art dept made new char models.
That's exactly what I am hoping for...

giga191
25-01-06, 22:34
Problem is, a thread like that would easily turn into trolling and "FIX THIS REAKKTOR" rather than constructive, informative posts. you could have a KK made thread called "We alrdy know this is bugged so stop talking about it, but tell us if there is one that isn't in here"

Uho
26-01-06, 00:19
Think they should start first finding something better than
click2gay.... havent been able to logon for 3 weeks....
coz i have click2gay problem... ive used direct germany calls now worth few hundred euros to settle this thing out.. and here i am talking on stupid forum...

dont mind about the bugs atm I WANNA PLAY

Heavyporker
26-01-06, 02:09
FN, seeing as you've been hit by the same bug twice, with proof, even after the fix, can't KK at *LEAST* just give you all the parts for that gun, so at least you don't have to do the days of grinding for a new gun?

It wouldn't be a replacement, but, essentially, a 'free spin of chance'.

Kame
26-01-06, 02:30
ive used direct germany calls now worth few hundred euros to settle this thing out..

1-800 maybe ??

Uho
26-01-06, 16:34
1-800?

try finding me 800 number :O only number i can see is the germany number
unless i wanna call even more expensive and call usa...

msdong
26-01-06, 16:40
Local List Lag.

just remove it - fixes a lot

Brammers
26-01-06, 16:46
I know a few of the Phoenix members have used Skype to contact Click2Pay. Not sure how exactly, I dont know if it was direct their skype client or via the nomral phone system.

I agree that known issues thread would be useful. Like who knows the Tiki quest is broken (The scarey maulers don't drop the special medkit) and that placed factions medals turn into chairs, and don't appear in your inventory if you remove them?

It would save players a lot of trouble and also GM's a lot of time telling me the issue is a known problem.

IceStorm
26-01-06, 17:07
you could have a KK made thread called "We alrdy know this is bugged so stop talking about it, but tell us if there is one that isn't in here"I don't think the forums can accept a post that large...

Torq
26-01-06, 17:24
I'd like to see beam- and ray-weapons fixed.

Tratos
26-01-06, 17:41
I know a few of the Phoenix members have used Skype to contact Click2Pay. Not sure how exactly, I dont know if it was direct their skype client or via the nomral phone system.
We used the Skype client - or atleast i did and my account was up and running by the time id ended the 3 minute call :D

giga191
26-01-06, 17:49
I don't think the forums can accept a post that large... They could start making the list and then work their way down it fixing them and maybe they can have some sort of priority as to what needs doing in this game

Heavyporker
27-01-06, 17:37
Maybe I put some people off with begging for a new computer, but I haven't gotten a reply to my earlier statement

FN, seeing as you've been hit by the same bug twice, with proof, even after the fix, can't KK at *LEAST* just give you all the parts for that gun, so at least you don't have to do the days of grinding for a new gun?

It wouldn't be a replacement, but, essentially, a 'free spin of chance'.

Would KK do this? Since he did hit by the bug AFTER KK patched.