PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the upcoming patch evo2.2

jini
23-01-06, 08:01
With several posts about ballancing classes, you have finally admitted what was well known for a lot time. So you plan a major ballance with release of evo2.2. However this won't happen before 6 months time. Don't you believe 6 months is a bit too much? Why don't you begin small patches that will try to solve ballance step by step rather than an all in one large patch like this Dirus? Do you really believe there wont happen any mistakes again? What happened to small patches over time?

Dirus
23-01-06, 08:16
With several posts about ballancing classes, you have finally admitted what was well known for a lot time. So you plan a major ballance with release of evo2.2. However this won't happen before 6 months time. Don't you believe 6 months is a bit too much? Why don't you begin small patches that will try to solve ballance step by step rather than an all in one large patch like this Dirus? Do you really believe there wont happen any mistakes again? What happened to small patches over time?

Small patches won't really work out since some changes will most likely break other areas. We have something in mind for it all. I'll let others make the offical annoucements, and just elborate on whats already know :p

jini
23-01-06, 08:44
6 months is a lot of time... we are talking for June here... My only hope is at least if we can expect for some improvement over the netlag/clipping issues. In short, in June(unless you keep some aces in your sleeves) we will all play a different neocron...

Edit: thanks for answering, nice to see you have made your plans and will to imply them. mods can close thread if they like

xyl_az
23-01-06, 09:17
It all looks good and dandy but... do u really think you can manage to put a major patch and a major attempt on balancing the game without failure?

Knowing KK infamous history on 'balancing attempts' or 'bugfixes' (ceres handgun lol) i am really scared about this.

But of course, you do test your patches before implementing them ingame, right?

Zheo
23-01-06, 09:28
Everything takes time to do they can't just slap a huge patch together over night. On a side note are you planning to fix the stability of the game? It would be nice to beable to log on the first time I try, without the 4 or 5 relog attemps?