PDA

View Full Version : Whats the whole point???

STAINEDRUG
23-01-06, 03:48
Big ol Noob question here, I have played a few other mmorpg's like Project Entropia and Guild Wars where your role in life was laid out for you pretty well, you knew what to do and where to go. This game is the total opposite I like the game alot dont get me wrong and my monk can hold his own in the dessert after 2 days of play but is this just a constant grinding game or is there quest/missions to complete if so do they need to be done or just hunt your heart out? Its not very noob friendly at all I just need some guidance on where to go and what should I be doing I see the missions in the Computer but I can hunt and get 5 times the money and xp in the same time it takes to do the missions. I guess after all this my question is whats the point of this game?? To do a storyline or just grind away untill your capped and start to pvp? Either ways fine with me I just dont want to waste tons of time doing missions for no reason at all... Thanks in advance :cool:

ZoVoS
23-01-06, 04:19
missions are purly for simpathy and sl imo

the exp is usefull in things harder to learn for ur class.. and example of this is tanks to gain psi exp

the end game connsists of 3 things

RP
PvP
Mob hunting

there is no real quest for the ultimate items. but there is for the ultimate setup. pushing the most out of ur character

i do belive rp is going to become more of an impact on the storyline after
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131003 Chenoa's request for clan regestering with the event teams

every now n again the EGMs throw a stroy our way such as the fight for the ceres disks or over run of the citys and the kindaping of denton and so on

the main aspect for most people in this game is pvp, when you reach endgame. u basicaly get plannetside, but more enjoyable. because there is still story stats and tactics to take into account

and mob hunting. well there are only 2 places worth hunting realy rare items. and a hand full of places to hunt semi rare items. and lots of places to hunt rare parts

MC5 to get mc5 chips, doy tunnel 3 to get ultimas and rares and slot ehancers (1-3 depending on the lvl)

then you have titan armour vk armour energy soul blades. nothing that is VITAL but items that are usefull

in all this game is down to skill
theres no set thing that you have to do. just do whatever u find fun. and id advise u to join a clan because nc withough friends is boring

Lodar
23-01-06, 04:23
NC isn't a quest based game, like say CoH or WoW, but that doesn't mean there aren't quests to do. Go and have a chat with the Human Resources Director (or similar) in your faction HQ. He'll give you a mission, that begins your Epic Run. An Epic run is a series of missions (5 or 6 in total) that give you access to a special epic item (each faction has a unique one, some more useful than others). You also need to complete the epic to be able to start a clan.

There are other quests too, for when you hit the higher levels. Apart from the special quests, missions are mainly in place to give faction sympathy and Soullight. Also bear in mind that if you have a monk, you will need to complete missions to level your non-mainskills (STR, DEX, and to a lesser extent CON).

There is a lot to learn for a newbie in Neocron, but the community are a helpful bunch (for the most part ;) ) and you can always ask on the forums if you get stuck.

Good luck, and happy hunting! :)

ZoVoS
23-01-06, 04:38
Also bear in mind that if you have a monk, you will need to complete missions to level your non-mainskills (STR, DEX, and to a lesser extent CON)

:( capped my con before i got 55 psi through fighting in doy tunnels

*crys*

STAINEDRUG
23-01-06, 05:10
ok so basically its like Project entropia have the uber weapons and skill except easier to cap with the alternative to do quest/missions if you get bored and want to fart around. Thanks for the help guys you ubers will be seing me IGN "hella psi" around soon ... THANKS AGAIN :cool:

Cuthullu
24-01-06, 16:28
There are lots of Quests, but they are hard to find and not ment to be the primary XP Scource, as Lodar said.
They are there for telling Stories, giving speical Rewards and to depthen the game experience in the World of Neocron.

I will give you a few quest names, just ask around other players where to begin these quests, which are namend runs in Neocron.

Terminator Combat Quad Run
Alliance Run
Herbal Hunt Run
Tikki Club Run
Regant Run
Hurler King Run
Crossbow Run

There a quite more runs, but as you are a new player, try to find figure out yourself, dont use walktroughs, just when you get stuck.
There are also many interesting places to explore, i will give you also some ideas:

Gaya Mine
Regants Legacy
WOC Temple
The big yellow Ball
The great Mushroom

And of course, this is just an extremely small list of places of interest.