PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted client downloads

CitizeNEraseD
21-01-06, 00:53
I downloaded the client from domeofyork, and it's 1.74GB, not 1.8, and will not execute (and the md5 checksum shows it to be a corrupted file)

So I tried the 50mb rar files, and ended up with exactly the same, corrupted, 1.74GB file size.

So I tried all of the English mirrors, and got the same result.

I had a search on the forums, and the only suggestion was not to let the connection go idle (which I hadn't I was actively using my connection during the d/l) and to try the german 4gamers mirror.

So I got it from there, and, again, it's a 1.74GB file which won't execute.

It's not my disk, as I'd fully scanned it for corruption and de-fragged last week, I'm fairly sure it's not my connection, as I recently downloaded a 3GB file with no problems

So - any suggestions? I'd like to give this game a try, but I'm unlikely to be able to p2p if I don't have anything to play :)

Bishop Yutani
21-01-06, 01:05
no idea. Does the download window correctly report that the file is 1.8g while you're downloading it or does it say 1.74?

Mighty Max
21-01-06, 01:07
I'm assuming you used the function "Save as" of your browser?

For large downloads that have to be bitexact (as apposed to mpegs & co) i recomment using a download manager.

fschepper
21-01-06, 01:32
Try this (http://mb.us.to/evo21/neocron_evolution_21.exe) mirror...

And if it still doesn't work, check your memory.. That solved the problem for one guy on the german forum..

calous
21-01-06, 19:50
try using a good download manager, it will check for corrupted files etc as its downloading.