PDA

View Full Version : OT: Silent Hill Trailer

sanityislost
20-01-06, 03:52
Damn it looks good, seems as if good movie made from a game will be made.

About fecking time!! :)

SiL ..:..

Aisynia
20-01-06, 04:06
Director: Christophe Gans

The fact it ISN'T Uwe Boll is already in this movie's favor, woohoo! Maybe one of my favorite games of all time WON'T be ruined on the screen.

Terayon
20-01-06, 04:43
I hope it'll be good, but i kind of doubt it. The game was incredably suspensfull and awesome, but that trailer makes it look like another zombie action movie.

sanityislost
20-01-06, 04:53
Director: Christophe Gans

The fact it ISN'T Uwe Boll is already in this movie's favor, woohoo! Maybe one of my favorite games of all time WON'T be ruined on the screen.

hell yea, i dont understand why people keep giving him money to make shit movies :/

rob444
20-01-06, 11:17
Nice, awesome and mindblowing game tbh. Now where is that trailer link? :confused:

Scaramanga
20-01-06, 12:33
Certainly be nice to see a well rounded movie and not some bad remake of Days of our lives in Zombieville with the lead character moping (that's moping, not mopping) about his dead wife.

Matthew.v.smith
20-01-06, 13:12
Phew, i've been waiting to see this for a long time, and it's almost here :D
The Trailer really did get the look of the game right in my oppinion, cant wait :)

M.

sl33py
20-01-06, 16:13
what happened to the alone in the dark movie?

Paper Dragon
20-01-06, 16:13
what happened to the alone in the dark movie?

We prefer not to speak of that "film".

:lol:

nobby
20-01-06, 16:16
sounds good, i'll see that

sanityislost
20-01-06, 16:28
lol shit sorry , here is the link

click (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718754/trailer)

Hell-demon
20-01-06, 16:43
Halo will be hitting our screens as well...suppose to be good

American McGess Alice is in the works with Sarah Michelle Gellar as Alice....should be bad.

This movie should be okay Sean Bean is in it and hes cool. I want a Half-life film! i know it would suck but i dont care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Scaramanga
20-01-06, 19:33
Thanks Mr SiL, just watched the trailer, looks like it'll be in contention for best game to movie. Face it, anything with Sharpe in it can't be bad!

unreal
20-01-06, 19:40
heh, I saw this on IMDB randomly one day and thought "damn, can't wait till I see that". Sean Bean owns you. But damn, that trailer actually scared the shit out of me, reminded me of many years ago when I used to play the Silent Hill games (got Silent Hunter 4 a while back but the camera angles and stuff on it are shit so I never played it for more than 15mins). Probably one of the films that most sticks to the game story/feel of things, especially with the sounds being identical.

kurai
20-01-06, 20:00
hell yea, i dont understand why people keep giving him money to make shit movies :/

SiL ..:..He was getting his funding covered by exploiting a tax loophole/incentive (not sure if it was specifically a German, or an EU scheme) designed to promote local film-making industries.

Not sure exactly how it worked, but the rough outcome was that any shortfall between production costs and box office returns would be underwritten by the governmental body. Therefore he was guaranteed to financially break even no matter how badly the film bombed.

The scheme also spawned a whole cottage industry churning out utter shit straight-to-video crapola that had no intention of ever making `real` profit.

The organisational body involved eventually got around to putting through legislation to block the loophole, albeit extremely slowly. Can't recall if it's come into effect already, or if it's happening soon, but aside from stuff `grandfathered in` because it was already in production the practice should soon be dead. (If only Uwe Boll would die soon too :( )

Tidus_Origin
22-01-06, 20:21
This game-to-movie conversion actually looks good...

Though I did spot a few changes between the game and the film...the biggest one being that the main character has had a sex change. But other than those small matters, I might go watch this if/when its released over here...

PS: Static-playing radios, themetune from the first game and the trademark air-raid siren FTW! :D

Paper Dragon
22-01-06, 20:32
Definitely looks as if it could do the source material justice; certainly has more than a few bits of fan service in there, judging by a few of the trailer scenes. ;)

Hopefully Pyramid Head will be actually be threatening.