PDA

View Full Version : WTF!! Huge hacknet bug

Dromidas
19-01-06, 22:38
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7590/shot00616ol.jpg

Who wants to bet 298k that the GMs won't do anything about it :)

Dogface
19-01-06, 22:42
Holy shit thats not good ! :lol:

Good thing you screenied that, now you can hope you get the money replaced..

fschepper
19-01-06, 22:45
I bet you changed your faction before.. ;)

darkservent
19-01-06, 22:50
I bet you changed your faction before.. ;)

For faction changed it would be 300k on the dot.

Dromidas
19-01-06, 22:54
Hm I bet thats it.. I don't remember what nc I had before I changed factions, did it last night when I was like half asleep.

But if they did something like had a nc deduction in the works and then I recieved 2523 or whatever nc they went and did it at once.

Char NC + 2523 - 300000 would be about 298k and then they'd have it coded so that if nc change was positive 'you earned' or negative 'you paid', i spose it'd make sense.
I wonder if i have any screenies from last night for what NC i had.. hopefully didn't charge twice.

fschepper
19-01-06, 23:03
faction changing is bugged.. the 300k are billed the next time your credits change... in this case, when you earned the money for the mob..

SorkZmok
19-01-06, 23:14
Faction Change bug. The money wont get billed right away but the first time you pay or earn money after the change.

And i could cry everytime i see hacknet screenshots. It looks so fucking amazing at first, but then you find out its complete wank, got no use, the hacknet weapons are just lame psi spell copies, its complete wank, got no use, is bugged to fuck and totally boring. Did i say complete wank already?

:mad:

canuma100
19-01-06, 23:18
Faction Change bug. The money wont get billed right away but the first time you pay or earn money after the change.

And i could cry everytime i see hacknet screenshots. It looks so fucking amazing at first, but then you find out its complete wank, got no use, the hacknet weapons are just lame psi spell copies, its complete wank, got no use, is bugged to fuck and totally boring. Did i say complete wank already?

:mad:

like the Game Boiling Point the first 30mins amazing but then you see it...

Mr Kot
19-01-06, 23:18
fschepper is correct. You earned 2543nc for killing the hacknet mob after you (should have) paid 300000nc for changing faction.

It's been the case since the start of NC2 that faction change money is not deducted straight away. One possible reason is that symps don't change any more upon leaving a faction and joining another, so maybe something else got deleted when this feature was recoded? It updates on your client only when you make another transaction... whether killing a mob or buying a stam booster. If you relog, you wont see any client message but your money will have been debited. Only a minor bug, but kinda confusing nonetheless.

Beware those who regularly visit the HRD of a faction to do research missions. If you by chance click on the wrong HRD and click away at the text without reading it.. you could end up changing faction. As the client doesn't show any immediate message, you will be none the wiser for a while.

Hint @ Devs: Console faction change message maybe? "You have changed faction. Your new faction is Tangent Technologies" Would be traceable in a chatlog and could possibly alert unclanned people to these random bugged faction changes if they happen.

As for your bet, your money is safe. The GMs won't do anything as they would give you the same explanation ;)

Tratos
19-01-06, 23:41
And if it was a random loss of money rather than the faction change bug, the GMs wouldnt do anything either, as they dont fix the game O_o the dev team does.

Brammers
20-01-06, 03:03
You can't change factions when clanned.

Still a nice screenshot of having your cash pwned by a hacknet mob! :D

yavimaya
20-01-06, 05:26
~Edit.