PDA

View Full Version : looking back at neocron 1

cRazy-
19-01-06, 13:43
Ive been thinking a lot about neocron 1 and what I miss from it.

pepper park fights
yakarma shops in neocron
Pro vs anti, alliances, no ally pk'ing
Ceres events at CRP just before neocron2
Tank-o-cron
No one really using drugs or making drug dependent setups
Pluto fight nights
Pluto teaming up to take the piss out of saturn players and vise versa
3 layers for an OP, no hacknet 4th layer crap
The old Regents legacy, used to be some kind of epic adventure to even make it to the closed gates past those hundreds of mobs outside
Old Neocron 1 models

Anyone got any other things to add to the list?

Brammers
19-01-06, 13:50
Fallen Angels living in Tech haven.

Durandal|AI
19-01-06, 13:52
No one really using drugs or making drug dependent setups

lol, it was totally normal on jupiter to have a drug setup for your spy/pe

l8m0n
19-01-06, 13:53
The old player base tbh

Copbots in PP (when they owend not as they are now)

Events (like the ones at DRT when the new 4x4s came in, still got my prize for winning that, and they never said dont use the gun :lol: )

When 100k used to be a hell of alot of money :lol:

When only 3 people on the server had rares and you used to piss yourself when you saw it.

Faction changein easy

Loms when you lost a whole level cos they were fucked for a week :lol: and when you didnt lose xp or SI ;)

And when noone had points in eng, xray etc cos it was all about who had the most HP won :lol:

wee crabs ;)

cRazy-
19-01-06, 13:54
On pluto I cant really remember anyone using many drugs at all, at least no one I knew used them (unless they wanted an advantage in a certain duel on the odd occasion, but there were certainly not many drug dependent setups I can remember)

LTA
19-01-06, 14:10
The mixture of classes at the op war.

lack of war deciding butt plugs in a op war

Fast Paced high adrenaline 5 minute op wars where your setup and skill counted for everything, not the skill of the ppu

No Locked GR's

Exclusive hard to get items like the Terminator/Spirit Mods

Fast Ressurects

pb-20's

VHC 10's in the drop pool lol

no pa's cept Tank pa

Pepper 1,2,3 being very dangerous with the hope the copbot would save you

Big Group Events (like when mc5 first opened and all the uranus crew went down, Laurents, Big Mob spawns)

SorkZmok
19-01-06, 14:22
Exclusive hard to get items like the Terminator/Spirit ModsHaha, they never managed to get that rare book droprate fixed. I remember being told it was extremely rare to get them, i found one in the very first WB i killed then. And about 10 more in the next 10 warbots. :lol:

And the spirit mods....everyone had em on uranus. Well, several clans suddenly had tons of em. Gotta love teh duping and all that. o_O

Riddle
19-01-06, 14:43
What do i miss from NC1....

Mostly all the guys i used to hang with who have since left :(

And ease of obtaining items tbh the whole FSM shit is a nightmare without player shops to filter stuff through to players!

i had to Spam trade for 3 days to get a SPY PA3 it sux and is just one HUSIVE timesink :mad:

pabz
19-01-06, 14:48
the people tbh

Bugs Gunny
19-01-06, 15:15
i had to Spam trade for 3 days to get a SPY PA3 it sux and is just one HUSIVE timesink :mad:

You have no idea how many pas i've hacked. Next time gimme a shout and i'll sort you out with lvl3 pas.

LTA
19-01-06, 15:18
Haha, they never managed to get that rare book droprate fixed. I remember being told it was extremely rare to get them, i found one in the very first WB i killed then. And about 10 more in the next 10 warbots. :lol:

And the spirit mods....everyone had em on uranus. Well, several clans suddenly had tons of em. Gotta love teh duping and all that. o_O

Yeah but when they were first added in, you had to chase the gm sniper around and the Terminator was mostly an event item lol

.Cyl0n
19-01-06, 17:54
add raiding TH and TG on a daily basis :)

and ofc the people..

Demental
19-01-06, 17:59
Raiding TH and TG was so fun. Basically everything listed in this thread which made neocron, and is now gone I miss. What has neocron become..? :confused:

RogerRamjet
19-01-06, 18:08
I miss NC1.

All of it.

Castoff
19-01-06, 18:16
I really miss Ultimas & Slot Enhancers in the tech part drop.

I miss the good old days of hacking OPs when you knew you could find the enemy.

I miss being able to kill the enemy and NOT suffering - SL for doing your job.

I miss being able to clan a 0/2 noob and NOT have 47 allieds or neutrals kill you.

Yes I miss NOT being able to buy the items you need without FSMs or hacknet DBs.

I miss a lot of people who used to play that now don't :(

Inchenzo
19-01-06, 18:22
i miss saturn locking up, so you had to log on to pluto and bug people

i miss the loads of people in plaza 1 and 2 with all colours of factions trading and smack talking.

i miss pp1 plaza 3 borderline to just waste time tring to kill eachother

i miss the old faction relations

i miss my PE looking cool

Skusty
19-01-06, 18:28
i miss the loads of people in plaza 1 and 2 with all colours of factions trading and smack talking.

i miss pp1 plaza 3 borderline to just waste time tring to kill eachother
l
Stop! You are making me cry! O_o

But yeah, good old days...

Inchenzo
19-01-06, 18:30
Stop! You are making me cry! O_o

Stop sobbing, or i'll start posting my old nc1 screenshots :p

Bishop Yutani
19-01-06, 18:39
i was only in NC1 beta; i never made it to the retail. but the one thing that i miss most about it was the population. The forums were packed and had huuge activity and places like Pepper Park were swarming, instead of being an abandoned Psi shopping center.

.Cyl0n
19-01-06, 19:04
the old gr rules and op fights without ugs .. without nub buffs .. without so much zerging

and the old font :)

MrTrip
19-01-06, 19:18
I miss NC1 all together. o_O :(

Riddle
19-01-06, 22:08
You have no idea how many pas i've hacked. Next time gimme a shout and i'll sort you out with lvl3 pas.

thanks bugs :) but at least their not mine :lol:

Zeninja
19-01-06, 22:37
Camping mb (at the the 3 psi spells smugglers) as a TG
No ppus
No pas
No mc5 chips
No stealth
No gloves
No xray bones
No 60ish LEd runners
Loads of people fighting with non rare stuff
HQ meetings with faction GM
Outzone IG/RS/lubes sellor
Tiger Blood
IG Forums
Cursed Soul-o-cron
MB/OZ fights against Doy
Killing LE'd runners with barrel Oo
Trade at Plazza 1
Cyclops ownage at MB bunker
One single layer to hack an OP
Laser mines
Everyone being a noob

edit: oh and above all, no ventrilo-like softs

.Cyl0n
19-01-06, 22:44
/votes for a beta 4 server with some bugfix patches

:angel:

suler
19-01-06, 23:16
/second that

Cor
19-01-06, 23:27
Here we go again another one dreaming about the past..... get over it people NC1 is gone .... Beta 4 is gone save your screen shots and burn them to a DVD and watch then on TV. If most of you guys stop living in the past and play the game we all mite have some fun. I am getting sick of hearing about it, every week there is a new post about NC1 or beta4 . I was there ...it's over now, time to live in the here and now.

suler
19-01-06, 23:42
Here we go again another one dreaming about the past..... get over it people NC1 is gone .... Beta 4 is gone save your screen shots and burn them to a DVD and watch then on TV. If most of you guys stop living in the past and play the game we all mite have some fun. I am getting sick of hearing about it, every week there is a new post about NC1 or beta4 . I was there ...it's over now, time to live in the here and now.

Remembering the past is the only way you can have any hope for this game.

Super Mario
19-01-06, 23:45
I would have to say Pluto and the community. You know it was like living an a village where everyone near enough knew everyone.

Those were the days....

@cor theres nothing wrong with looking to the past. Some things were just better in NC1 and there are some things better in NC2. No harm in reminissing (check spelling) is there?

Super M

Kallima
20-01-06, 01:40
Fast rezzes
Pluto Fight Nights
The old sex emote
Old Models
Crapping my pants when i saw rjn's( i think it was his ) he had a gat cannon with a laser pointer
Running around on Thiwwys tank in PP1
The old DarK pwning FF =)

Terayon
20-01-06, 03:07
What do i miss from NC1....

Mostly all the guys i used to hang with who have since left :(

And ease of obtaining items tbh the whole FSM shit is a nightmare without player shops to filter stuff through to players!

Yup, thats exactly what i miss realy.

And my TPC pe with my awesome shades raiding TG.
Oh ya and actualy finding people to fight. :eek:

Clobber
20-01-06, 04:42
I miss the TG canyon and the reload times :)

Winston Smith
20-01-06, 05:04
I miss nights so dark it was pointless to go outside so everyone jumped on plaza 1 lamp posts and talked. When you had to time GR tagging runs just right so you didn't get caught in the open when dusk fell.

When a rare high level tank would run into Plaza 1 and everyone would congratulate him on capping and finally getting to wear PA. Oh and definitly the original lom pills.

Nvidia
20-01-06, 05:26
I miss my awesome DarK clan mates that made this game worth playing for three fucking years, through thick and thin...

Everything else was great, but DarK really brought me the NC experience. What a great bunch of guys. I wish they'd all come back so we could start kicking ass again. Those were the days.

System
20-01-06, 09:48
I miss everything from Neocron 1... people, clans, the op fights.

I even miss playing the game kind of, but I don't have the time to atm :-\ I'm being bugged to come back, so i may at some point.

-- System --

Jaffo
20-01-06, 10:40
i miss saturn and everything that came with it

Bugs Gunny
20-01-06, 14:15
I miss having no clue about setups and being a /27 rhinodriving sniperspy without repair skills. Then to hack my second ever warbot and find 5, yes FIVE techparts in it.
Whatever happened to those loottables?
right now you'll be lucky to get 10 parts in 2 hours.

steweygrrr
20-01-06, 14:56
Uranus.

MaGn0lia
24-01-06, 15:22
Availability of items/shops reachable

NC was more of a mixed bowl with it's criminals and such, now the setting is just the other side versus the other side.

Hope of better future, now that everything is completely fucked, no amount of work can fix this shit.

FA in TH!!!!!

No DOY, Canyon and TH were 100x more imaginative than the two cities setting.

Inchenzo
24-01-06, 15:38
I miss having no clue about setups and being a /27 rhinodriving sniperspy without repair skills. Then to hack my second ever warbot and find 5, yes FIVE techparts in it.
Whatever happened to those loottables?
right now you'll be lucky to get 10 parts in 2 hours.

God i loved those setups, i had a APC driving/ConstructingFlamethrower/Laserblade/Rifle Private eye,... really useless :) but loads of fun!

pabz
24-01-06, 15:39
I want a roleback to nc1

Castoff
24-01-06, 17:34
I miss being able to use my Credit Card to play NC.
Worldpay was so nice to use. The Simplicity of that system was great.

Cuthullu
24-01-06, 17:50
I miss quite many things, that where good in NC1. But as someone said, there are many good things in NC2 also.

But one thing i miss:

Epic Wars, waging throuhout the Wastelands, with changing alliances, 300 ppl on each side fighting around the Canyons, the MB, at the NC Entrance around the Outposts and in Pepper Park. Wars running for a whole weekend 24h a days, where you made an alliance with another fraction and a day later they turned against you and switched sides, and you had to made a new alliance, while at the canyon 6 Rhino Tanks appeared together with loads of infantry, whiping out every TG Player.
Attacking an Outpost, with every player online in your fraction, grapping every weapon available no matter if rare or TL 1 pistol, seeing players from 0/2 to cap fighting for the goals of their fraction, clans where just some part of the fraction, not more important than the fraction.

*sigh*

Richard Slade
24-01-06, 20:32
spy-o-cron...

Wait we didn't have any of that..
Umm.. I miss the ND hunting :P The d urn map was piss-yellow every morning..

Also miss the good ol' days protecting TH, that was sweeeet

nobby
25-01-06, 00:10
why don't we all rebel and sign up to NC 1 for a month...and don't touch NC 2 :p

I wonder what KK would say !

Well...I'll sign up if you will !

Edit//.......................2000 POSTS !!!

Tratos
25-01-06, 00:12
why don't we all rebel and sign up to NC 1 for a month...and don't touch NC 2 :p I wonder what KK would say ! Well...I'll sign up if you will !
KK would say nothing - perhaps chuckle at your suggestion for a while though - since you cant create or reactivate Neocron 1 subscriptions anymore.

nobby
25-01-06, 00:14
I thought you could?

Richard Slade
25-01-06, 01:10
Edit//.......................2000 POSTS !!!

Pfft... Little angel go away, come again some other day...

I've been inactive for, what, a year, two? now, since NC2 was released :p