PDA

View Full Version : Op Wars <-- How they should be done.

Zheo
19-01-06, 09:42
Are you guys serious?
There's nothing fair about opwars, it's whoever brings the most ppus that usualy wins. So when you make a clan that nears 300 and own the map for the most part, yes thing will hurt when that reign ends.
Personly the only opwars i ever enjoyed were the ones where it was 30-40 people on both sides. Those were epic batles.

Thats from another post btw.

OP WARs should be just that, a war. Now lets face some facts, FF have a very large clan, average clan size is about 60 i think. So lets say people have 2 alts in that clan so that makes it down to 30 and lets say FF has 3 so lets say they have 80, 80 vs 30 makes for one small clan losing very baddly.

So why dont clan leaders even the score up a bit? There's nothing wrong with having a fair fight, OP wars should be arranged OOC so that we all have fun, after all that IS why people play. I don't play to camp genreps some some poor defensless guy can come to DRT and get wasted before he knows whats going on. I've had fights where I couldnt win, probably because my PVP skills are crap but i still had fun, and I'd have fun at a fair opwar, but I can't have fun ninja'ing an op and I can't have fun being kill in 30 seconds and then watching for another 30 while everyone else is dropped because we're out numbered 4-1. It's up to the clan leaders of each clan to get together and have a chat about this, if you want to enjoy opwars you might just listen to what i've said, if you want to just ninja, gang, pk noobies and whine then you'll...well you'll do what your doing now :)

eLcHi
19-01-06, 09:54
Been preaching this for ages but noone from ProCity seems to listen ...

Sometimes its just unbelievable ... like we attack Hawkins, 2 PPUs, 2 APU, 2 Tanks, 2 PE, Spy ... and out of the UG comes like 7 MONKS ... nothing else ... bleh, you pseudo elitists :P

And about the size of FF ... 3 RL-Friends play, two of them about every day and the third about 3-4 times a month ... together they got 5 accounts with all chars in FF - thats 20 chars from just 3 people ... not to mention the chars that are still in the clan from the 3 deactivated accounts ...

And this is pretty common with us i think ... i think the max we can get online is 20 - 25 people - and that only on weekends.

I`m always up for arranging a fair fight with arranged numbers ... i said it then, i said it now and i stick to it.

During the 3-Weeks reactivation period we had really excessive numbers so sometimes we made a 10vs10 without PPUs ... claninternal only ... man, i tell you, those were FUN.

And imho those kinda threads belong to the Terra-Server forum

Bugs Gunny
19-01-06, 09:59
Yep, pvping when you know you're gonna lose is also fun.
When you're outnumbered trying to take down the enemies you get more of a kick than when you just know you gotta push a few buttons to win the fight.

Koshinn
19-01-06, 10:20
When you're outnumbered trying to take down the enemies you get more of a kick than when you just know you gotta push a few buttons to win the fight.

Yeah, especially when you're like 1v3 and you die and get poked and come back to fight again... repeat like 5-6 times. Those are great! :D

RogerRamjet
19-01-06, 10:26
Been preaching this for ages but noone from ProCity seems to listen ...

Sometimes its just unbelievable ... like we attack Hawkins, 2 PPUs, 2 APU, 2 Tanks, 2 PE, Spy ... and out of the UG comes like 7 MONKS ... nothing else ... bleh, you pseudo elitists :P

Calling the kettle black FTW!

SorkZmok
19-01-06, 10:49

And about the size of FF ... 3 RL-Friends play, two of them about every day and the third about 3-4 times a month ... together they got 5 accounts with all chars in FF - thats 20 chars from just 3 people ... not to mention the chars that are still in the clan from the 3 deactivated accounts ...
I hardly doubt FF ever had that many attackers and only 2 ppus in a fight. That never happened. o_O

About the size of FF ... don't forget muumi who always tells us he got about 10 accounts in FF and that FF is actually a small clan with too many alts. Yeh, right.

I miss the old opfights on uranus. Epic battles those were. Never again seen that many people fight for such a long time. One of the fights ended after several hours at drakkhan fortress because we all ran out of ammo/psi boosters/turrets/drugs and broke most or armor after defending the op for so long...that was before you had safe genreps in the UG.

Was the GLA vs. the rest of the server. :)

RogerRamjet
19-01-06, 10:55
I miss the old opfights on uranus. Epic battles those were. Never again seen that many people fight for such a long time. One of the fights ended after several hours at drakkhan fortress because we all ran out of ammo/psi boosters/turrets/drugs and broke most or armor after defending the op for so long...that was before you had safe genreps in the UG.

Was the GLA vs. the rest of the server. :)

Remember the good old Tangent Alliance vs United Angels fights at Emmerson/Tescom :D

And vs Desperados at Grant.

I WANT RAMIC BACK :(

SorkZmok
19-01-06, 11:01
Oh yes i miss him too. :mad:

And i still ain't got a better connection. I hate my ISP. NC is the world's boring game ever without vent/teamspeak.

And CGS wouldn't let me in their clan cause i cant get on ts on my actual connection. Dammit.

Zheo
19-01-06, 11:04
Yeah, especially when you're like 1v3 and you die and get poked and come back to fight again... repeat like 5-6 times. Those are great! :D

Like i said it's up to the clan leaders of both clans to arrange op fights with fair odds, ok so maybe if you've got 3 times the number of people in your clan you should be allowed a few more people in the fight, but just a few other wise it's a slaughter not a fight.

Also please keep in mind this ONLY works if both sides agree, i used to chat to FF when i was pro NC with my old account and i got on well with em. Then I talk to some pro city clans like PAIN, and you just get abuse or ignored.

at the end of the day we're all real people there's no REAL war between us just in the game, and if you can't see outside the game then perhaps you need a shrink?

l8m0n
19-01-06, 12:22
This wouldnt solve the problem, we told them last nite where we were after attackin them at northstar, so we won then lost thats the way it was, so we re-group get pokes set up turrets etc at our last northen OP, while we are doing this FF hacks the rest of our OPs O_o knowing that they are camping the UG we dont go because they still outnumberd us. so we wait, and wait and wait, no FF show, O_o

So ok we going attack them and all we get back was "wtf you are ninja'in our OPs" its not our fault that most of them logged to go to bed, so we told them where we were wanting to have a big and good fight that would have been fun for both sides, they outnumberd us, we had turrets so even really, but they logged and cryed about us taking back what they took of us when we only had 3 members on ourselfs.

So thats why we dont DM them to say where we are becuase they allways* and i mean allways go to another OP when they know we are waiting for them. We will attack them no matter how many thay have online now becuase they wont attack us if they know we have more than 4 guys online.

And to add we didnt call any allies ;)

The Ottoman
19-01-06, 13:22
Anyone remember the battles last year in april? It was a fullscale war with battles that went on for hours and hours(if i remember correctly there was even a battle that lasted over 12 hours!!! ). It was all pro against all anti. It shouldn't be too hard to do that again.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=124463&page=1&pp=15

LTA
19-01-06, 14:14
just have to look back into nc1 for the most part....

While the ppu/apu combo is so effective no other class really feels to bother, you get the few who drone/snipe and the occasional pistol spies about but if they have a ppu or apu alt there more than likely to log to that.

Bugs Gunny
19-01-06, 14:31
It's funny.
The few opfights i've been to, or spying on has been 95% apus and ppus. Apparently it's gotten even worse than 6 months ago.

Zheo
19-01-06, 14:35
This wouldnt solve the problem

Err yes it would, see what your saying is "We said lets op fight" and FF said ... nothing...

IT only works if BOTH sides agree to time/place/numbers <-- hence that would mean actually talking and agreeing planning not just you saying "We're attacking this op."

Bugs Gunny
19-01-06, 14:37
You know, you could all just go to NF with a referee and two 8 man teams instead....

LTA
19-01-06, 15:20
It's funny.
The few opfights i've been to, or spying on has been 95% apus and ppus. Apparently it's gotten even worse than 6 months ago.

Yeah

its 99% now.... the 1% is usually a melee tank , a sniper spy or possibly a droner

l8m0n
19-01-06, 15:33
Err yes it would, see what your saying is "We said lets op fight" and FF said ... nothing...

IT only works if BOTH sides agree to time/place/numbers <-- hence that would mean actually talking and agreeing planning not just you saying "We're attacking this op."

FF would never come fight AD if they know we are waiting for them, becuase every time they do they run if not die, im not going on about last nite and shit, 90% of the time we are waiting for them they get onwed, fact, and thats why they would not come if we sorted out a time/place, so they ninja, we ninja we fight, they fight, they die, we die, OP wars are good fun but its not fun killing people who dont have a clue or who have outlived their NC lifetime, FF are has-beens :lol: This is all about FF not happy that there are people standing up to them and winning, times and leaders change its FFs turn ;)

onero S
19-01-06, 16:39
FF would never come fight AD if they know we are waiting for them, becuase every time they do they run if not die, im not going on about last nite and shit, 90% of the time we are waiting for them they get onwed, fact, and thats why they would not come if we sorted out a time/place, so they ninja, we ninja we fight, they fight, they die, we die, OP wars are good fun but its not fun killing people who dont have a clue or who have outlived their NC lifetime, FF are has-beens :lol: This is all about FF not happy that there are people standing up to them and winning, times and leaders change its FFs turn ;)

I think you missed the point of the thread.

oh yea, and AD sucks

l8m0n
19-01-06, 16:47
oh yea, and AD sucks

:eek:

Skusty
19-01-06, 17:00
And we are back discussing FF. ( yay burn ff BURN! :p )

But yeah. i enjoyed the battles on saturn between TG canyon and grant. It was fucking fun! Dies for somemins INCOMING! *big shout*

solling
19-01-06, 17:05
F would never come fight AD if they know we are waiting for them

so what ur saying is when u have the ug and all people up we cant beat u ? kinda liek northstar last night ? we was buffed and rdy and u went home to get pokes

people who have the op and the ug have an advantage thats the way it is

we have had good fights i like the way u waited like 45 mins (and after most logged) til u started to fight back

l8m0n
19-01-06, 17:08
called defending our OPs, we cant be everywhere and we dont know where you are cos we dont hack ;)

solling
19-01-06, 17:09
called defending our OPs, we cant be everywhere and we dont know where you are cos we dont hack

u was defending ? ohh im sorry dident see u guys for an hour there after we killed u at chester

l8m0n
19-01-06, 17:11
OMFG Epenis alert :lol:

Lore did you say to your clan "good job guys, we got them while they were in sinc, no point going to there OP cos we will get owned, so you can log for the nite guys"

Sultan does a good Impression lol

Clobber
19-01-06, 17:22
u was defending ? ohh im sorry dident see u guys for an hour there after we killed u at chester

Was that where nobody made it out of sync apart from couple of ppu's maybe gg lore you rock :rolleyes:

You had the numbers come fight at sieger, you chose go rockshore to get us in ug and barrel again coz you dont want to fight, you just want to gank in sync. Well sorry we dont do everything you want lore, why is you think everything should be fought on your terms ?

Tell me lore when was the last time you visited planet Earth ?

Selendor
19-01-06, 17:30
How Op wars should be done?

.... Nowhere near ops.

The best fights I've been involved in in all this time were when two op forces meet by chance out in the wastelands, it is chaos but the best buzz, and pure combat skill / teamwork that wins the day.

As for organising op wars between enemies, it works...for a bit. But the fuel that feeds the fire of great op wars is hate and grudges, and op wars are castrated without this. Go back to Saturn's dominant clans and feel the desperation of pro-city to defeat their hated enemy, remember the taunts that flew, the melting pot of players from both sides in ONE city. These are things that made op wars great, even if you were on the losing side.

RogerRamjet
19-01-06, 17:32
Oh yes i miss him too. :mad:

And i still ain't got a better connection. I hate my ISP. NC is the world's boring game ever without vent/teamspeak.

And CGS wouldn't let me in their clan cause i cant get on ts on my actual connection. Dammit.

I need to hear your sexy voice/hilarious coughing.

solling
20-01-06, 00:59
well nice fights today guys afterdark i think this time u was rdy like 4 or 5 times so maybee u should take us BS somewhere else :)

now good fights

Kozmos
20-01-06, 01:24
Would Love to see a list of each FF members main char, and their alts listed beside them. Totalling the ammount of individuals are in the clan. Then look at how many are active daily/monthly/whatever and whats inactive. Then compare that to your average clan. Doubt FF would do that though.....

Zeninja
20-01-06, 02:58
its 99% now.... the 1% is usually a melee tank
http://saule.free.fr/neocron/dancing.jpg

sanityislost
20-01-06, 03:02

heh yea i love that, all i ask is no ppu's....well not really at op fights....just when im hunting for ppl :D

SiL ..:..

Terayon
20-01-06, 08:10
The best oppfights happen when the ug isent involved :) . I just stealth around until i pick a target and take him out, and restealth in search of another. Lots of fun.

Sultan
06-11-06, 13:28
<3 Lore <3 gf which ever fight u mean man :angel: Good fights

giga191
06-11-06, 13:31
idiot.

SizZLeR
06-11-06, 13:51
Generally there'll always be a problem with having two teams being "even" whenever any fight occurs.

When i played BF1942 on the free servers there was always the problem with ppl camping (aka surveilling a strategically important bush :angel: ) and so forth.

I truly see the point about a game war being not much fun for the team who migh be seriously outnumbered or being the team that suffers from enemies camping GRs (aka tactical surpression :angel: ).

Yet if a clan manage to raise like 30 ppl to go take an OP and the defending team cant raise more than 15, well it sure may not be that much "fun" for the outnumbered team, and the battle wont be what i consider "fair", however i think its just the way of the game, as in the real world.

Situations like that must be where u call in some allied clan to hlp out, just like in the real world, take my country for instance, :lol: we have a total pop of 5.5mill ppl here, lets say some other country way bigger than us decides to take our country, we would be seriously outnumbered!

But it hasnt happend because we have our allies, like the US in that regard is one of our allies for starters.

Its tough to create the same scenario in a computer game im aware of that, but must be possible for the smaller clans to fight together against the larger ones. :)

jini
06-11-06, 13:58
guys, its a bump lol...

Forget My Name
06-11-06, 20:54
OP wars are fun. Just try to keep the numbers even.

FF try their best to keep their numbers about even with the enemy online. It would be awesome if all clans did that.

Everyone has their momenst of zerging of course. But keeping numebrs even is one of the duties of a clan leader. Clan leaders are the focal points of an op fight, they are the ones keeping the fight fun.

CMaster
06-11-06, 21:01
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/lblackwell/2005/03/01/thread_necromancer.png

Everyone has their own feeling how op-wars should be better. I don't have an overall plan, but I know the issues I feel need sorting.

Oh, and I believe op-wars will be even worse post-balancing. Without the uberness of PPU buffs, UG barreling will be even more effective (among other issues)

Dribble Joy
06-11-06, 21:30
With the uberness of PPU buffs, UG barreling will be even more effective (among other issues)
You mean without?

The UG issue needs separate attention really, regardless of the pure PvP situation, it causes endless hassle.

Sultan
11-11-06, 12:15
OP fights are best part of thise game, it would be bit bored if there arent any OPs were to fight or go fight/kill whit big group/clan but some ppl still like to zone whore in MB or othere zone lines its ok to show skillz like that but in ops were u dont got undergound you can show true skillz :lol:

but its really zerking when other clan got like 6 and we got 8 or how you can ever know how many people enemy got online because you can oly look it on citycom and if it show there is some ppl on so can u go fight if you got 8 and enemy got 8 on but when ur in OP and noneone dont come up what to do stop hacking?

Trivaldi
11-11-06, 12:21
Please don't bump ancient threads, thread closed.

Triv