PDA

View Full Version : Was RES and CST originally 1 skill?

Bishop Yutani
18-01-06, 23:47
I was thinking last night that RES and CST were probably one skill at some time and KK eventually decided to split them into 2 separate skills.

If you think about it, ressing an item is kind of anti-climactic - you get a BP, but you have to then go get someone else to construct it for you. Its like, half of the story. Its not like BPs drop or can be bought, so if you're not a RESser and only a CSTer, you cant find BPs anywhere, you have to trade or buy them from runners.

It feels like since it was a 2 step process, KK split it to make more skills.

And since both RES and CST skills have really high caps if at all, it seems (from what i've been experimenting with Neoskiller) that you could still only invest in, say WEP, CST and RES in your DEX and not be a flawless resser and constructer. So you can't really do both without crossing your fingers and changing your implants around.

When i thought of it, i tried to think back to NC1 beta and i remember RES and CST being different, but i cant remember how. Anyone care to enlighten? I tried to look back for any old docs, but i dont have any.

Also, take things like the Psi buff, Constructskill Booster. It ups your RES and your CST, but its called Constructskill. It seems like when they added RES as a skill they tacked on the RES buff to the Constructskill booster to save having to make a separate booster for RES.

Same with the act of researching. The progress bar says "Construction"

Anyone got any ideas?

SacredGodfather
08-02-06, 10:35
it was never 1 skill. ive played since closed beta2 of NC1 and it was never like that.

weapons didnt have slots back then so you could put every mod possible on it though ;)