PDA

View Full Version : Soul Light

Crest
18-01-06, 12:19
Ok so I know there were a few changes like

Green 0+, Yellow Bellow 64 and red above 64,

Old Days blue and no one looked down on you
Yellow and you were one kill away from dropping 5 items and shot on sight by guards
Red and you drop stuff quicker than player shops

Now I am doing my thing with my droner, and a guy runs passed and 10 mins later I got from +76 to -42. I think I am safe so i continue, some guy runs passed and some time later -70 and red like hell on fire.

I go and do missions and so forth, GR from APP to do missions and back and get possitive again. Couple of days later hunting, twat runs passed and some time later I am -42 again. I let it get to 37 while hunting over a couple of days.

Now I think, since I am yellow I am safe, I gr to crahn and the monks all throw wranings at me, I get a long sync and am dead (outside entrance) I am a bit confussed. Go to app run from app to crahn hq entrance and as I pass the gr I is are dead.

So I assume that the -32 (Or 16) rule still applies, anyone that has sl less this will be KOS by all gaurds.

What I fail to undertsand is, I am hunting not killing, the first guy who I assisted in killing by him running passed my drone, was already yellow (In old days this meant something), I got from +70 to -40 a while after the guy was hit by running into my drone, and now going from being a good guy, my droner now has a bad look, and is KOS on guards and looses 5 items in belt

To me this is more than a little extreme. Sotry has a happy ending, I logged spy and hacked both my belts, got my stuff back......

ZoVoS
18-01-06, 15:35
-32 guards waste u

-64 any runner can waste u and not get a sl hit even if ur in a appartment or a hunting zone as far as i know

*edit* just advertise u need a simp hore in pp3 and power lvl ur sl and simp back to max

Bishop Yutani
18-01-06, 19:35
i never saw anyone symp whoring until the other day. I guess i never really understood what people were talking about.

how is this NOT exploiting?

Crest
18-01-06, 19:47
i never saw anyone symp whoring until the other day. I guess i never really understood what people were talking about.

It is .... but ther eis a fine line on this ........

What if I am mr X, I die and GR back and get killed again, all I want is my first belt, and eventually i have no cash, no stuff as I put it in gogo nd came back, and just want to irritate the attacker, who is constantly killing me. I have done this and had it doen before. Now thats not an exploit. but who are we to judge.

KK have taken a possitive step by making SL big in apps
So you have a limited amout of space to do this in.

Me i log my sniper in Plaza, and kill all unsuspecting Non le trade skillers applying their trade outside of Plaza 1
Not done that for a while as he got 100 for SL and Fact Symp

ZoVoS
18-01-06, 22:40

if you see sombody simpathy hore'ing please report immidiatly on your alliance chat frequency. we will send runnners to collect the neg's belt. have a nice day runner ^_^

basicaly if the simp hore is a frindly announce it on ooc

if hes a enemy kill him/announc it on alliance

=] some of me most fun fights were against people simp horing... ull be suprised how much better ppl fight when 5 items are at stake

Bishop Yutani
18-01-06, 22:48
Sniping tradeskillers isnt an exploit because you're not coordinating with your victims.

Maybe a solution would be to not get soullight from killing a person with SI. Would that work? That way, if someone was symp whoring, they'd only get to kill every 5 minutes or so, making it not very effective.

And about your other example, if your victim comes back through the GR with no weapons and heavy SI, they're not much of a threat, so the urge to kill them shouldnt be so heavy you feel the need to constantly do it over and over.

Crest
19-01-06, 19:17
Sniping tradeskillers isnt an exploit because you're not coordinating with your victims.

Maybe a solution would be to not get soullight from killing a person with SI. Would that work? That way, if someone was symp whoring, they'd only get to kill every 5 minutes or so, making it not very effective.

And about your other example, if your victim comes back through the GR with no weapons and heavy SI, they're not much of a threat, so the urge to kill them shouldnt be so heavy you feel the need to constantly do it over and over.
Unless they are a PPU who you finaaly killed, and he wants his belt cause there is a 5 slot heal in it, which really hurts him. Now there is no way I am going to let him get his belt, cause if he is prepared to die so many times, its worth hacking

As for killing trade skillers, they are the root of rezza's empire, a warrior without the support base is no real warrior, as he losses items and needs imps. This makes him less effective. Some times in war you kill the support and the soldier suffers.

Remeber History class back a few years, where germans wer ein russia during a cold winter, they had left supplies and moved forward, Russians came from behind and destroyed the dupplies, leaving the Germans with little support (I think if thats the way the staory went) Was a turning point in the war (or mebbe I am talking shite)

Anways I can justify killing trade skillers very easily.
Trade skiller make gun, gun kills a brother on the light side, we weap, we kill trade skiller

Trade skiller researchers gun, gun kills a brother on the light side, we weap, we kill trade skiller

Trade skiller pokes man so he can use gun, gun kills a brother on the light side, we weap, we kill trade skiller

Trade skiller repairs gun, gun kills a brother on the light side, we weap, we kill trade skiller

See roll play. plus its fun some guy trying to work out wtf happened

On another Note, enforce that you cannot GR to the same GR 3 times in 20 NC minutes or something.