PDA

View Full Version : Drone PA

witch hunter
17-01-06, 13:16
I have been playing nec know for over 2years now and i have never found any drone PA. All other weapon types have their own PA for each class but not droners. If their is any out there could someone please tell me where it is and if their isnt what do you think of the situation. Myself as i have a droner would like to see PA for droners put in other then having to use a rifle or pistol PA for the dex but not geting any weapon bonus for the class i play. I would like to see droner PA put in what do you all think and maybe KK will take a look and put a set in for us.

Pantho
17-01-06, 13:29
/signed
/signed <--- o0o0o

Yea, make it a nice black to stay hidden while droning, or a camo etx

But on a sidenote, drones aint that hard to cap, the amount of +RCL and +WPW you can get from imps is obsene....

witch hunter
17-01-06, 13:32
I havent got the top end imps yet so if you can cap your drones with ease on your imps then the PA dosent have to give lots of RC or WP just some nice stat bonuses to help a droner on his way like mayb extra AGI and ATH for run speed. I like you idea of a full black PA that would be well sweet. Dont you thni kthat droners should have their own type of PA other then using a differnet weapon type PA.

Pantho
17-01-06, 13:43
As i levled my droner, i could cap all the drones upto the first ion before i could even use them lol...

The revenge was slightly harder to cap, but by dex 95 (With imps) it was capped.

(Oh yea Black PA FTW!)

THE_TICK!!!!
17-01-06, 14:38
hmm i like to use the holo vest on my droner, it defenitely has its uses, since fellow droners, might not take a second look, at a tank standing around :P

Riddle
17-01-06, 14:47
hmm i like to use the holo vest on my droner, it defenitely has its uses, since fellow droners, might not take a second look, at a tank standing around :P

Nice use of that PA ;)

However a Drone PA for that class would be nice but so would a tradeskill PA ;)

THE_TICK!!!!
17-01-06, 14:48
well as far as tradeskillers PA, i would rather, some sort of...cloak or something, that doesn't give to stats...but increases slot chance's by 10 percent or something, like a WOC item for tradeskillers, would be pretty pimp.

Mr Kot
17-01-06, 15:14
Drones are overpowered enough as it is. Droners don't need more combat bonus.

Riddle
17-01-06, 15:19
Drones are overpowered enough as it is. Droners don't need more combat bonus.

Agree with that but maybe their PA won't give that bonus :) Maybe a Transport bonus for all those drones ;)

kurai
17-01-06, 15:40
When Spy PA specs were first tabled by Callash many moons ago in NC1 the decision not to give droners a specific set was a deliberate one.

At that time it was stated that Word From On High said there would only be two classes of PA per character type. Period. This decision was apparently set in stone, and not up for discussion, no matter how dogmatic/arbitrary it seemed or how awkward it made assigning the class bonuses fairly.

So we had Tank HC & MC sets, Monk APU and PPU sets, Spy RC & PC sets, then PE RC & PC sets.

[As an aside - later, out of the blue, Tank camo PA appeared. For a class that has sod all need for `stealth`. *shrug* Yeah - I know - another one of those weird seemingly random decisions that sometimes makes me think Martians have taken over Hannover]

The argument to arrive at the Spy RC/PC options was a long and hard fought one and the droners were not forgotten.
The reason the Droner imps give such high combat mainskill boosts is *deliberate*, and was done to compensate for the lack of PA bonus.

Eddie
17-01-06, 17:34
When Spy PA specs were first tabled by Callash many moons ago in NC1 the decision not to give droners a specific set was a deliberate one.

At that time it was stated that Word From On High said there would only be two classes of PA per character type. Period. This decision was apparently set in stone, and not up for discussion, no matter how dogmatic/arbitrary it seemed or how awkward it made assigning the class bonuses fairly.

So we had Tank HC & MC sets, Monk APU and PPU sets, Spy RC & PC sets, then PE RC & PC sets.

[As an aside - later, out of the blue, Tank camo PA appeared. For a class that has sod all need for `stealth`. *shrug* Yeah - I know - another one of those weird seemingly random decisions that sometimes makes me think Martians have taken over Hannover]

The argument to arrive at the Spy RC/PC options was a long and hard fought one and the droners were not forgotten.
The reason the Droner imps give such high combat mainskill boosts is *deliberate*, and was done to compensate for the lack of PA bonus.

I also remember that Callash (I think, or was it Dirus?) promised that there was something super secretive under the wraps for droners, when they moaned about their lack of PA.

And then holovests appeared.

Were they this super special secret? I've never heard anyone (official or unofficial) make this link though...

But looking at the enormous penalties - plus the fact that they are PA less (very rare anyone doesn't wear them these days!), and that they don't change your face/hairstyle, makes them incredibly impractical to use for anything!

Please fix them!!

Eddie

Dogface
17-01-06, 17:53
Droner PA could give some VHC. Of course PA with just VHC is kind of silly.

Probably not worth the effort.

-FN-
17-01-06, 19:37
Armor that looks like a tree, bush, barrel, or some other object and then removes you from local. The only way to be found is to be targetted. So a droner in a bunch of trees could last a little while before found... That's what I wanted.

Kozmos
17-01-06, 20:29
Armor that looks like a tree, bush, barrel, or some other object and then removes you from local. The only way to be found is to be targetted. So a droner in a bunch of trees could last a little while before found... That's what I wanted.

actually, a PA that makes u look like a scenery item, but when equipped stops you from moving atall would be cool lol

-FN-
17-01-06, 20:31
actually, a PA that makes u look like a scenery item, but when equipped stops you from moving atall would be cool lol
What, you don't want to see a tree running aross the wastelands? :p The armor would have to require RCL: 100 and WPW: 100 or something like that tho... the last thing we need is a tree running around killing people with an Ion Crossbow :rolleyes: :lol:

Digital-Talios
17-01-06, 21:15
would be nice to just make it a dex 90 req and have only one of them. As stated before they arent hard to cap but it would be nice to get an additional wep bonus instead of a useless pistol or rifle bonus :rolleyes:

Spoon
18-01-06, 07:46
I think if there was droner PA, I wouldn't use it anyway...

I dont even bother with the Heavy belts on my droner, I just use the Battle 2/medium belts that I can build/replace for the price of the lube/grease...

I almost feel sorry for the hackers that hack my belts...

"aaarrghhh, not medium battle boots again!!!111"

:lol:

Yeah, I'm basically too cheap to wear it....

You get plenty of WPW/RCL bonus with all 4 brain imps being droners ones, anyway...