PDA

View Full Version : -=ppu fixary=- phisical manifestation of ppu modules

ZoVoS
17-01-06, 03:38
ok... another ppu fix thread which involves no nurfing of effectiness and rebalancing (because we all know the only true way to it a total rebalance on mob damage and heal tick rate and so on but it aint gona happen)

if a ppu module is aimed at nothing it self buffs

if a ppu module is aimed at a person when that module is finaly cast it fires a solid ball of psi enery. this energy tracks the runner it was fired at (remember when u were a fresh noob stepping out the canyon the first time and you tryed to dodge a fireball only to have it follow you around a corner. until u put a tree infront of it,

so basicaly if a character wants a heal of his ppu hes gona have to stay close and hope to hell an enemy runner doesnt get in the way of the heal ball.

to keep it fair they should travel as fast as cs fire and have a slight reduction in energy needed

how many times have we all ran between enemys and there ppu's only to have the ppu db our enemy. well in this case you just put a phisical object between you.

this should also be added to other modules such as antibuffs and so on so a monk cant pop his head around a corner hit u with it and then hide where a weapon user will have to persue.

apart from the following modules leave ppus untouched

holy HEAL/DEF/SHELTER

posibly DB

and with a posibility of a rez that can be run cast but when it finaly fires a runner can sit on the body preventing it for making contact (a situation this may be usefull is when a ppu circles around a dead body and has a friend atacking the defender of the dead body so he cant stand over the corpse BUT the ppu can still rez while dodging)

Dribble Joy
17-01-06, 03:46
Erm.....

Uffff....

I think I'll stick to the universal heal rate idea....

ZoVoS
17-01-06, 03:48
Erm.....

Uffff....

I think I'll stick to the universal heal rate idea....

they cant be bothered to give us a total rebalance because it mess's EVERYTHING up and overcomplicates matters. im just trying to find an acceptable stickyplaster that covers the gaping wound

sultana
17-01-06, 05:39
they cant be bothered to give us a total rebalance because it mess's EVERYTHING up and overcomplicates matters. im just trying to find an acceptable stickyplaster that covers the gaping wound
That's just being lazy though. Pratically no mobs in the wastelands itself require rebalancing, only maybe the new mobs for the Faction Sympathy Missions (because they are well overpowered for their rank).

The only mobs that may need rebalancing are the ones in the caves, the WoC Caves, Mc5 and maybe the end of the juggernaut facility.

onero S
17-01-06, 06:17
That's just being lazy though. Pratically no mobs in the wastelands itself require rebalancing, only maybe the new mobs for the Faction Sympathy Missions (because they are well overpowered for their rank).

The only mobs that may need rebalancing are the ones in the caves, the WoC Caves, Mc5 and maybe the end of the juggernaut facility.

just nurf cast time on group heal and boost effectivness, then you can do whatever you want to normal heal as group heal will still be an effective pve tool.

Kame
17-01-06, 09:43

DoY Assault Unit, lv 3 DoY Tunnel. -Team killer.

That mob alone has PPUs up in the lader all scared.

ZoVoS
17-01-06, 11:06
DoY Assault Unit, lv 3 DoY Tunnel. -Team killer.

That mob alone has PPUs up in the lader all scared.

mun i love that bastard

=] i killed it on my hyb after AGES of shooting around corners. stupid thing droped rubbish =[

they are sooooooo bugged =] they took my tank out in a single hit once >_< thats 600hp buffed in 1 hit im like WTF

Pantho
17-01-06, 13:17
To make heal/buffs go like the Ball effect (I.e Crahsn justice effects, or Choas qeen effect, Energyball etc)

They would need to remake the whole module animation. And there are more pressing issues such as Upkeeping a stable playing Platform.

Not to mention 100 Flying balls of energy at an opwar is gonna do loads for FPS rates :/