View Full Version : Shadowcorp Presents....

RentonDraines
17-01-06, 03:21
In the name of bring much needed roleplay to Terra, Shadowcorp the up-and-coming FA corporation is going to present a race around the world!

This will be a grueling, no-holds-barred race to the finish, open to all non-le'd chars, with big prizes and fun for all involved.

More details will follow in the coming days, but right now, we are requesting LE'd chars to volunteer to work as "corner workers" for the race legs, since "no-holds-barred" includes pvp. Having LE'd chars as corner workers can guarantee that all contestants have a fair chance at victory.

If you're interested in helping, promoting or underwriting/endorsing this event, please PM me here, or send an in-game email to The Fixer, head of Shadowcorp.

Renton Draines

[edit] please feel free to bump for a day or two :angel:
[edit again] i was thinking we could probably use a CM clan for security at Desert Racetrack. Please pm me if you're interested.

Pantho
17-01-06, 13:24
I am loving this idea :D

I wanna Enter , when u get it sorted. Heavy Scropion trike - 2 shot any hovertech, and moves fast

BTW- Are Gliders allowed?

(If so then We will win :D, get 1 person to own it in a glider, 4 people on the floor to shoot down any1 else with the idea of using a glider , lol (<Advanced Air Rocket Launcher FTW)

Or will that be against the rules lol, mind we could end up with a whole clan there full of Anti-Vehicle guns, killing eevrything but theres...
{EDIT} - PPU On Hovertech :D = Ownage, if you can drive away fast enough -

CMaster
17-01-06, 13:27
Heh, theres a whole load of possibilites - also, try contacting an EGM (well, Krysm or Phase really). They can help you with the logistics and security.

Pantho
17-01-06, 13:36
NEXT Need to come and own this Race tbh!

thats what we are here for :)

Brammers
17-01-06, 13:39
And if you want vehicles, contact Phoenix Ltd - we sell them all. (Except Quads and Revelers - Latest price list can be found here (http://www.techhaven.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1971).)

Pantho
17-01-06, 13:42
btw Brammers u told me to PM u then u nvr reply'd ? guess that means u dont remember me lol

I used to hang with Festo-cyb-tank-mephesto etc, oh and be/Syntax error

Brammers
17-01-06, 13:51
btw Brammers u told me to PM u then u nvr reply'd ? guess that means u dont remember me lol

I used to hang with Festo-cyb-tank-mephesto etc, oh and be/Syntax error

Odd, I thought I did reply. Sorry about that. Yeah I just about remember you hanging out on our vent server in NC1. ;)

Aisynia
17-01-06, 14:11
What's a corner worker?

CMaster
17-01-06, 14:14
What's a corner worker?
Prostitute? ALthough I'd guess in this case he means Marshalls.

Aisynia
17-01-06, 15:10
Prostitute? ALthough I'd guess in this case he means Marshalls.
That's the first thing that popped into my head too lol..

Marshalls?

sanityislost
17-01-06, 15:28
lol corner worker ftw :D

Sounds like a cool event dude

SiL ..:..

Bugs Gunny
17-01-06, 15:36
So, a dirty race huh.... i'll be there.

james_finn
17-01-06, 15:55
I think you can pretty much gurantee that there will be a team from Phoenix Ltd. there. :)

Delphi

RentonDraines
17-01-06, 16:10
corner worker = track marshall = living checkpoint.
That is, we need LE'd players to actually stand there and let us know when each team arrives at each checkpoint. i.e., miss a checkpoint, disqualified.

I haven't worked out the course just yet, since it depends on how many whores-i mean corner workers we can get. I would love help from NEXT, and who knows maybe a NEXT clan would like to endorse the race by offering up a vhc or two (for poor contestants or maybe as a prize?)

I highly reccomend any new players who want to get a feel for what this came can offer, email me here or ingame to help out. But we really need volunteers at this point.

Renton

[edit] Flyers are not acceptable for the race. just not fair. This will be a ground race only, and the only rules are:

1: non-LE players only.
2: you must be registered to race in order to compete
3: Checkpoints will be inside the walls of outposts, and violence within view of an outpost is immediate disqualification. I.E., if we don't see it, it didn't happen :D
3: to pass a checkpoint you must have one member of your team receive your "point token" which is simply an item that each worker will give you. Be the first to deliver all of the tokens back to DRT, and you're the winner.
4: there are no other rules (yet, and hopefully we can keep it this clean. Any rules tacked on later will be to protect the "fairness" of the race.) There are no rules regarding friends of racers "helping" them ;)

Brammers
17-01-06, 17:16
I would love help from NEXT, and who knows maybe a NEXT clan would like to endorse the race by offering up a vhc or two (for poor contestants or maybe as a prize?)

*Looks around and see's no NExT clan stepping forward* No-one?

Since Phoenix Ltd does help support any events related to vehicles, I would be happy to endorse and underwrite the prizes.

So I'm offering:

1st 3 vehicles of choice from the Phoenix Ltd catalog.
2nd 2 vehicles of choice from the Phoenix Ltd catalog.
3rd 1 vehicle of choice from the Phoenix Ltd catalog.

And I mean any vehicle except the Quad, Assault Quad, and Reveler.

Also to support runners needing a key for the event, I can offer discounts on keys available at the start of the race.

dangermaus
17-01-06, 18:28
Man, now I don,t want to work rhis race, I want to run it!

npinchot
17-01-06, 20:21
I don't get it, it's no holds barred but no voilence within view of the ops? Who cares if people fight up to the op walls. Are you sayin no voilence inside the ops? Within view seems kinda loose description.

dangermaus
17-01-06, 20:45
Since the racers need to meet up with the LE players to get items, we're trying to avoid an army blockading the entrance to OP's to keep everyone but their own guy from getting to the checkpoint. Imagine a clan sets up 4 rhinos, some apus and tanks and blocks everyone out? Would bring an end to the competition really quickly.

We talked about this, and it's either something along that line or not telling anyone what the course is going to be - until they get to a checkpoint and get told where the next one is - but we're still open to suggestion.

There's no problem with clans or faction members settiing up ambushes out in the wastes, because they'll have to be smart about setting up in good places. Maybe his "in view of the corner worker" rule is too vague, though.

The Ottoman
17-01-06, 21:12
This event sounds like one of the best i've seen sofar. Make sure you make a lot of work of organisation and planning. Don't hesitate to call in the help of Event gm's. This could even become a monthly happening.

Heavyporker
17-01-06, 21:30
Brammers, supply me with a half-decent computer capable of running neocron, I'll get into the race and give all winnings to phoenix, dammit!

Aisynia
19-01-06, 02:30
I'm an LE player that MAY be able to attend. It seriously depends on the date, time and place.