PDA

View Full Version : Outzone and Neocron2

Drake6k
15-01-06, 10:41
Since Neocron2 KK has completely changed the outzone. Yeah that big empty area off of pepper park3 and the subway. In Neocron1 it was a popular leveling spot.. or if not popular it was actually 'good' either way. There were many more mutants running around and the storage 7 and 8 dungeons were packed with aggies, hurlers/butchees, and launchers.

These days almost all muntants are gone, it's safe (and completely empty).
The Storage level 7/8 spawns have been changed to dragonflys and bats. Yes dragonflys.

Instead of adding new content why not fix up what we already have? What about the main sewer? I think its actually completely empty now.

*Sigh*

Demental
15-01-06, 10:59
I know what you mean. When I rolled my char on neptune and went to level in the storage 7 hallway it was almost completely deserted besides the VERY last room. Even it was lightly spawned as well. I remember back at the end of beta/start of retail how much life and fun the outzone had. Kinda a shame to see how it is now compared to how it was then. The only thing the outzone has going for it is those damned black dragon npcs that gun down unsuspecting newbies :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
15-01-06, 11:29
I got lost in the mainsewer last week. Did all the zones. It's bugged as hell with parts where you can't go backthe way you came due to no way to get out of the water, platforms that will only let you run over in one direction, underwater zones where you get stuck and slowly die.

CMaster
15-01-06, 13:26
Actually, storage level 8 is great - theres one room where it CONTINUOUSLY spawns launchers/butchees, often more than one at a time plus you can level quite well just topside in OZ5/6, get to quite a few interesting spots and also get some decent newbie levelling down in mainswerers

elGringo
15-01-06, 13:49
I level all my nc chars in the outzone storages ... havent found any faster & more comfortable way that doesnt include abuse of game-mechanics. The Outzone is GOOD, people just need to discover where to go & what to do ...most ppl know jack all about it and run off to the MB Bunker ..dem fools :p

I agree that the mainsewer could use a revamp... actually I think it would be great to have a mainsewer revamp .. in fact, so great I`ll spend time on creating a brainfart on this topic :D

Dribble Joy
15-01-06, 14:20
Aggie pits in plaza need to go. As with other things, people won't go to somewhere where they don't need to, more mini quests, missions locations and specific quick kill missions mob types need to be spread about all over NC.

RogerRamjet
15-01-06, 14:24
OZ is my favourite place in NC. Kinda reminds me of some places in Middlesbrough...

Its a shame its so under used. It has great potential.

Spoon
15-01-06, 17:11
I still level nibs in the OZ...

btw, the storage level 8's in OZ 4, OZ 3 and IND lab had the aggy/launcher spawns, some of the other storage levels(OZ1,OZ5, OZ2), have always had dragonflies/mutant dogs/spiders, from what I remember.....

Skusty
15-01-06, 17:16
Outzone is a maze, i hate running there.

Bishop Yutani
15-01-06, 17:44
Am i the only one who gets pimped by dragonflys? They're lethal if you dont have a high enough WEP. Can't ever get a fix on them long enough to shoot.

Storage zones are nice, but they're not what they were in nc1beta. Tho i did spot a launcher cyclops in one last night. Took about 10 minutes to kill with my 19/31 character....

Back OT, they definately need a revamp.

16-01-06, 21:22
Actually one of the OZ zones (3 IIRC, the one with the hurler) is full of muties so the comment thats it's empty and safe isnt entirely true (just ask either of my brand new DoY chars that ran to my DRE cell in OZ1...).

The problem with moving aggie basements out there is that they'd need to put some citycoms out there as well so that its not a complete pain in the ass to do missions - if they did that I dont see it being a problem as long as it was also relatively near to an existing/new gogo

Back in NC1 I mapped all of mainsewer I think (had to do the hacking parts with a spy alt though who wasnt quite up to the challenge so I may have missed a few odds and ends) its true that its largely an unused waste, but they that could be said of so many of NC's zones.......