PDA

View Full Version : [Petition] Bring Back Old-New Models!

cshank4
14-01-06, 05:47
Hello there, My name is Cshank4. I've been playing Neocron since NC1 (Off and on, anyhow.) and I was crushed when they removed the third-party content forum, and then, subsequently, changed the player models around the start of NC2.

Now that NC2.1 has rolled along, not much has gotten better with the player models (Although, the implants for haircut's thing is a good jump in the cyberpunk style.). Now, I know NC2.2 is supposed to be coming out with new player models, so I thought I'd throw this out.

Please, KK, bring back the old player models. What I mean by that is, re-model the old ones to use new features and what not, but please, I want my mirror-shades back.

Thanks.

Drake6k
14-01-06, 06:05
I'd love to see high poly and rez versions of the old models. It would feel like Neocron again :)

onero S
14-01-06, 06:12
I'd love to see high poly and rez versions of the old models. It would feel like Neocron again :)

SIGNED

Demental
14-01-06, 07:01

Truth.

LiL T
14-01-06, 07:02
Hello there, My name is Cshank4. I've been playing Neocron since NC1 (Off and on, anyhow.) and I was crushed when they removed the third-party content forum, and then, subsequently, changed the player models around the start of NC2.

Now that NC2.1 has rolled along, not much has gotten better with the player models (Although, the implants for haircut's thing is a good jump in the cyberpunk style.). Now, I know NC2.2 is supposed to be coming out with new player models, so I thought I'd throw this out.

Please, KK, bring back the old player models. What I mean by that is, re-model the old ones to use new features and what not, but please, I want my mirror-shades back.

Thanks.

Can I have your stuff ?

cshank4
14-01-06, 08:08
Lil T, I'll be nice and just drop your comment and say...

'Shut the fuck up.'

Tarn
14-01-06, 08:49

signed

kurai
14-01-06, 09:25
I'd love to see high poly and rez versions of the old models. It would feel like Neocron again :)A big fat HELL YEAH !

/SIGNED

unreal
14-01-06, 09:27
Could someone post either a few screenshots or some cropped images showing those models? I've only been around since NC2 beta. :)

kurai
14-01-06, 09:33
Could someone post either a few screenshots or some cropped images showing those models? I've only been around since NC2 beta. :)
Have a poke around at the galleries in my sig (http://neocron.hrmmm.net/ ).

Nearly everything there is NC1 era.

yavimaya
14-01-06, 09:36

Hell yeah signed

I want my good ol' Gothic Female PE back! :)

unreal
14-01-06, 09:46
Nice, I prefer the old HUD to the crappy newer one. Why did they add all that useless shite around the windows anyway? Let's hope one of them reads this and decides to merge the old and new HUD's together (keeping the new HUD, but removing all the bits of crap from the windows, would be perfect then).

elGringo
14-01-06, 10:05
the old monks had style.. I really miss me old monk model.. and the polished Spy outfit as well... and the faces had so much more CHARACTER to them ... the new textures are certainly top notch work .. but they lack personality. A merge between the old and the new (old style, new standards) = teh win!

http://mirrors.akedo.de/a.jpg

http://mirrors.akedo.de/b.jpg

cRazy-
14-01-06, 10:23
Yeah, I want psi-monks back when they actually looked like monks, now they just dont.

The new models are sweet but sometimes I cant tell whos a PE, spy or monk O_o

kurai
14-01-06, 10:33
Yeah, I want psi-monks back when they actually looked like monks, now they just dont.

The new models are sweet but sometimes I cant tell whos a PE, spy or monk O_o
Exactly.

The new models are so soul-less and bland and .... clean :(
It's almost impossible to tell at a glance what class a player is, let alone their identity.

OK - the old models may have been a bit down on poly count but there was so much more differentiation and variety. You could look around Plaza1 and actually recognize people without having to wait and read their hitbox text.

The new ones may be more technically accomplished, but it's like they were parachuted in from a completely different game.

(And don't even get me started on the NC2 HUD :wtf: )

Aisynia
14-01-06, 10:44
I wasn't an NC1 player, but I'm not opposed to them coming back so long as my current character model isn't changed against my will (and I'm sure that must have happened to many here, so I think you understand my sentiments).

Dribble Joy
14-01-06, 12:12
The old models were frankly... wank, and the texture quality was appaling. However, yes, updated versions of the old models ftw.

Matthew.v.smith
14-01-06, 12:22
Signed/

It was one of the things I seriously missed from NC1 and it's never been the same since, all of the characters seriously lack...well...style, there's no rebelliousness in any of them at all, I mean the Female Goth PE, the Punky looking Male PE, the Smart spy, it was all there, and now we get a PE with a choice of 4 jackets, each one does nothing to raise a smile, a Spy with a choice of 1 suit.....the rest are weired jacket things, again, that's just not a Spy :(

M.

Demental
14-01-06, 12:49
Not to mention you have to study people to tell whether or not they're a tank or a PE now 8|

Wouter
14-01-06, 12:52
/signed.

yea i liked the robes on my monk :O
and spies are too skinny.
and pe's looked sexier before :p

Skusty
14-01-06, 13:19
Aye, I agree. << Tries to sign. >> Sign success! Yay! :lol:

Tratos
14-01-06, 13:43
the old monks had style.. I really miss me old monk model.. and the polished Spy outfit as well... and the faces had so much more CHARACTER to them ... the new textures are certainly top notch work .. but they lack personality. A merge between the old and the new (old style, new standards) = teh win!

Yup. Signed.

Hopefully for 2.2 KK will use the old skins as a basis for the new stuff to give characters more.... character. The old grey spy and the similar black haired spy were my favorite head modesl, they looked teh sex :p

And then make the new models BEEFY, as the tanks dont look beefy enough, PEs look like spys, Spys look like twigs and monks look like twigs in PJs.

*hopes 2.2 will have uber skins/models*

RogerRamjet
14-01-06, 15:00
Spies are great now, but tanks and PEs look almost identical.

Monks look shite.

Skusty
14-01-06, 15:13
Spies = ugly

PEs = Ok

Tanks = ugly

Monks = ugly, i want my coat to it.

Dogface
14-01-06, 15:28
Every single tank model ingame now, sucks.
Almost every single PE model ingame now, sucks.
Every single spy model ingame now, sucks.
Every single monk mode ingame now, sucks.

Monks and Tanks look horrid now. As for the clothes they're forced to wear..
While you're at it - give us accessories like gun holsters for pistol chars, that big band of bullets used for minguns like on terminator XD, give monks some variation on the gloves used for different types of spells (like, red = fire, blue/white = energy, green = poison) and traders those scientist coats :p

Although, old models look a bit gritty to suit the new weapon skins. Who cares... Update the old models and replace the new ones !

Signed.

.Cyl0n
14-01-06, 15:42
Signed...

rob444
14-01-06, 15:50
I liked the older models as well, and also enable cloth coloring again :(.

Skusty
14-01-06, 16:06
Aye! I agree with rob.

giga191
14-01-06, 16:09
i'd say that i liked the old monks and PEs, but i'd rather keep the new spies and tanks

Xaru
14-01-06, 16:40
I think the old models had some style. Especially the Spies. Really miss the suits.

Yeah, bring em back (in addition to the existing ones)

Xaru

LTA
14-01-06, 16:57
YEha bring em back, dont replace any more variety is good, its to able to be to get some identity and have a lot of choices when you make your character.

Loved the old pes and the tank to, purple trousers !!! lol
I like the new ones because they are more modern, so like a new breed of runners why the others would be the elder breed sorta thing, older gen tanks older pes that type of thing :p

onero S
15-01-06, 02:52
the old models rocked

pain_easer
15-01-06, 04:08
Lol , i think thats a gr8 idea , <3 the monk one :)

Mr Kot
15-01-06, 16:27
/signed (Drake6k's idea)

I always thought the NC2 models are a little too "cartoony" from afar. Close up, the detail is great though.

The think i miss most about the old monks are the long cloaks that every monk had, regardless of clothing style. For the benefit of NC2 newbies.. im not talking about PA; every PAless monk had one form or other of a cloak type outfit that used to sway from side to side.

Vryce
17-01-06, 02:46
I think the old models had some style. Especially the Spies. Really miss the suits.

..... and the sunglasses, don't forget the sunglasses. :cool:

Xaru
17-01-06, 10:15
..... and the sunglasses, don't forget the sunglasses. :cool:

Yeah, but i would get those rather as accessories. :angel: :lol:

Xaru

solling
17-01-06, 12:34
make people able to choose wich they want dont force anything on em

/signed

Argent
17-01-06, 15:22
I never really liked most of the new models, they just aren't enough cyberpunk'ish. It's like the graphics artist found a kids candy shop and went for it.

I'd rather have the old models, even if they were low poly as they were in NC1.

Marx
17-01-06, 22:37
It's funny, the people who said this at the very start of NC2 were given all hell.

Time progressed, more agree - welcome to the dark side.

Matthew.v.smith
17-01-06, 23:01
Mmmmm right from the start of NC2 ive always prefered the old Models, and i'll never change my oppinion unless KK come up with something tasty to replace them, Old Updated Models sound perfect.

M.

Brew
18-01-06, 19:43
yeah, i agree

i just got my old spy imported and damn... had to choose a new model and hair and it sorta sucks

i miss my old guy with the full beard and huge sunglasses and cheezy brown jacket..

now i'm stuck with some turtlenecked metrosexual with spiky black hair

Crest
18-01-06, 19:49
I am glad that all these petitions go on the forum, I havent even read this one,

Update on all other petitions required please, how effectivw have they been, just so I know if its worth creating one . I just realised we dont run the game, were just the customers

MrChumble
19-01-06, 01:14
The old tank model was spot on. It's definative. Chunky model, low res skins, yet somehow worked.

The new one's ain't bad, but I prefer the old.

And I'll pay good money to have the old female PE model back, with that black+flames skin, and that ass...Tinks hasn't been the same since the surgery :D

Dribble Joy
19-01-06, 01:39
Cloth colouring only worked on the old models because of the palette they used, the new ones won't support it.

I would like clothes to be separate item rather than a skin chnage though.

ROZZER187
19-01-06, 17:21
/signed

no big lips on my pe's
no hole in the top of my tanks head :lol:

l8m0n
19-01-06, 17:35
Hope they use the new shit to make the old models like the weps are now, that would rock, old models with new gfx ;)