PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskill bone implants.

Scaramanga
13-01-06, 19:16
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this.

Was thinking about how nice it is to get patches with content in. How about introducing some bones that gave to stats useful for tradeskillers. Base them on Int or Dex requirements and let them give things like;

Arm- Recycle and repair

Head- Cst/Rep

Chest- Transport skill

Leg and foot maybe add to vhc

Not sure exactly about what they could reduce statwise, prolly resist force, not given it much thought.

Comments?

Bishop Yutani
13-01-06, 21:24
hells yeah. From what i've seen, there's not too much out there for tradeskillers unless you can get to some of the anti-city FSM's.

The only downfall is that having them in would take the place of the combat defensive implants, which i've grown to depend on.

good idea tho. Anything to make the tradeskillers more playable rather than just a mule character people create for their own use to compliment their Tank

Digital-Talios
13-01-06, 22:23
there are cst chips 1,2,3 while not res chips 1,2,3? Id like this more then bone imps.

unreal
14-01-06, 09:40
I think it's fine the way it is. You either have to be good at one thing without having to rely on buffs or OP bonuses (ie, pure research), or have to rely on buffs and OP bonuses to be good at two things (ie, mostly research with high-ish construction skill). Having extra bonuses from new implants would be lame, it's just an excuse for tradeskillers to not sit in Outposts to get the bonues, and therefore be a good hybrid without having to make the effort with a clan before hand. I think the gloves already make up a hell of a lot of points for being a hybrid without even thinking about adding new tradeskiller implants.

Having a hybrid tradeskiller myself as described above (mostly research with high-ish construction skill) I can already get 205 construction with the construction glove and +50 OP bonus. Cst 3 boosts that to 220. I have 195 res. With the OP bonus I go up to 245. You really think new tradeskiller implants are needed? I don't.

I think the points should be earned by fighting for them, not simply by buying inexpensive implants. WoC implant items perhaps... but WoC 1 is already enough of a grind to do on one character as it is, but that's everyone's own choice I guess. :)

Dribble Joy
14-01-06, 12:09
There does need to be more in the way of tradeskill imps in areas other than brain or spine, but as said, the actual skills themselves are fine now, any more availiable cst/brt/res would mean a change to the way those skill work.

What would be cool is things like imps that increase tra or free load or max items you can carry (see sig thread ideas).

unreal
14-01-06, 20:15
The thing is though, combat characters would use them as well, and it would probably give them nice advantages. If a huge chunk of transport from a single implant is available, I would be able to have more resist force than I normally would on my APU for example. I would be able to carry more on my Spy or PE, but it would depend on the requirements. A 110 int requirement would be a good way of countering it being used on non-tradeskillers, but that would be a tad unfair if the tradeskiller is a PE. I'm not sure if you can have requirements that can pick and choose, like having at least 100 cst, or 100 res, as long as you have at least one of the requirements, you could use it. Most, if not all of the items i've seen have static requirements.

Edit: I wish there was something more towards the barter side of things though. And why aren't there any OPs which give a repair bonus? :P

Scaramanga
14-01-06, 20:44
Sorry if I've nicked your idea DJ, havent read through your big fix all the way yet.

The thinking behind tradeskill bones was more toward feasibility rather than necesity. Why not have them rather than why bother. Like i said in OP it's nice to have extra stuff in patches, doesnt have to be earth shattering stuff.

How much the bones add would be dependant on tl of the item. And if you kept them as non rare bones they would have negatives as well as positives. So, one that increased tra would reduce resist force. Make it so that characters which are supposed to have a week point of low force resist, a monk for example, wouldn't gain anything by moving points from force to tra and then whacking the bones in.

unreal
14-01-06, 21:32
Sorry if I've nicked your idea DJ, havent read through your big fix all the way yet.

The thinking behind tradeskill bones was more toward feasibility rather than necesity. Why not have them rather than why bother. Like i said in OP it's nice to have extra stuff in patches, doesnt have to be earth shattering stuff.

How much the bones add would be dependant on tl of the item. And if you kept them as non rare bones they would have negatives as well as positives. So, one that increased tra would reduce resist force. Make it so that characters which are supposed to have a week point of low force resist, a monk for example, wouldn't gain anything by moving points from force to tra and then whacking the bones in.It all depends on the advantages and disadvantages so we can only assume the stupidity Reakktor's "brains" come up with. I would hope there would be some negative effects of using the implants, and by all means, there should be, but looking at the implants available, the disadvantages usually end up being smaller than the advantages.

Zheo
15-01-06, 12:53
What would be cool is things like imps that increase tra or free load or max items you can carry (see sig thread ideas).

How about some more endurance increasing implants? What i think is wrong is the epic chips, moveon, ppr, and TH

Moveon: +3 Str, Con, +18 HLT, +6 MC, HC, TRA, +8 FOR
PPR: +15 FOR, FIR, XRY, ENR
TH: +10 CST, RES, REP, REC

Shouldn't they be more balanced? You would have though that the PPR would give +15 to poison, and the TH +15 to CST, RES, REP, REC, IMP. to make up for the +3 str and con that the moveon has. or maybe keep it at +10 and add in +3 int and dex.

Dribble Joy
15-01-06, 17:11
Eg.

Servo-bracers: (arm imp)
+50 free load
-50 agl

Destino
16-01-06, 13:07
I don't know if this could be a bit OT, but i would add that tradeskiller need some xp improvement. I mean, with a resser i tryed to res a WP8, it tooks like 100 seconds and few try (failed, cube destroyed) as mine is a new char created as a pure tradeskiller.... well, 30 xp on int after 3 minute trying to research are way too low... no way to have a PURE tradeskiller that way so, it simple got deleted.

Just 2 cents

giga191
16-01-06, 14:14
Head- Cst/Rep

you fix stuff by headbutting it? whats the name of your repper again, so i can stay clear?

Bishop Yutani
16-01-06, 18:00
unreal, i see your point, but at a low level, i cant get the gloves and implants that do help my skills. I dont even know where to look for them when i DO get to a high enough level. So, until i get a INT of 60, i cant get the glove. And i certainly can't buy the anticity items from someone because i dont have 1mil lying around...

Unless i'm missing something, the only bonuses i can get at a low level is the constructskill 1 psi buff.

Scaramanga
16-01-06, 19:02
you fix stuff by headbutting it? whats the name of your repper again, so i can stay clear?

Some of the more complex items could need bending back into place after sustained usage/abusage. Having a anvil and built in hammer to the forehead could provide much needed advantages to the repair skill.

Seriously though, bone impants for the bonce could be modified to give advantages for cst/rep by keeping neuro impulses at a peek by some amazing cyberpunk technology.

Not sure about how much of a tradeskill vehicle driving is but how about :

Foot implant - Lead foot, reduce agilty and ath but increase max drive speed by 5% for example.

Animal2
16-01-06, 19:03
there are cst chips 1,2,3 while not res chips 1,2,3? Id like this more then bone imps.

Its the backbone for researcher (advanced nerves 1-3), imo why there are no brain imps.

There are enough possibilities for Trade Chars. A quite good Barter still can use a rare Pistol with a skill able to do some pvp. Or take the CST/RES/REP Char... he could even fly if he want with VHC 101. Its only a question of Implants and Gloves... possibly access to OP (Factory or Lab) and of course an Implanter which switches the implants as needed (also possible if this char does it himself). I think too there are enough implants ingame... but woc is imo not a bad idea to bring in new implants.

Dribble Joy
17-01-06, 04:03
Imp giving imps are bad. Pop your moveon and/or ppr, pop in imp imps, poke your SA, then pop them out and re-imp your epics. Unless imp greatly affects implanting time (qunitrupling imp time from current if you have minimum imp needed), then the current system needs no change.