PDA

View Full Version : [OT] SOE buyout

Scaramanga
12-01-06, 02:13
Reading on other MMO forums about SOE buying out MO (matrix online).
How many they fucking run now? Trying to own every MMO out there?

I hear they made a mess of SWG.

What's next? Monopolies on MMOs?

Paper Dragon
12-01-06, 02:14
Not even SoE could make a mess of MO. <_<

Sounds like they're just buying everything to eliminate potential competition, rather than for any altruism or need to improve the game.

Scaramanga
12-01-06, 02:21

Sounds like they're just buying everything to eliminate potential competition, rather than for any altruism or need to improve the game.

I suppose they call that good business sense.

As far as i can tell MMOs are the future of gaming, SOE might have good vision in getting afew bites of the apple but how will this affect future games?

A monopoly on MMOs isnt all that enticing if its run by a shit company with great advertising.

Foo
12-01-06, 02:52
I take it you mean matrix online ?

if so , from what i know $0E have had there fingers in that game for quiet a while now. hence why its been getting worse not better (Even REAL In game ads have been added just to boost there income)

Ryen
12-01-06, 06:17

Actually, they bought the rights to ALL WB mmo's. This is for an upcoming mmo they were publishing. MO was just an unwanted extra.

Pantho
12-01-06, 11:57
(Even REAL In game ads have been added just to boost there income)

Fairly sure i seen adds in Neocron City...

Alienware ones lol :/

Foo
12-01-06, 12:06
Only 1 , and its been there a long time , go visit MxO and you will see hundreds of add's plastered everywhere in game.

12-01-06, 12:24
SOE got MXO back in Aug 2005 I believe. TBH the game was pretty boring anyway and while I'm not SOE fanboy they havent made it any worse (if anything I've found it to be more stable now)

SOE actually eneded up with MXO because it came with the rights to a comic superheroes game (ala COH) they got of WB

Alot of MXO vets are pissed that all that going to SOE has done is brought in lots of Station Access players who dont really give a shit about the game (the first part I can agree with since I only play MXO because I have station access - MXO is IMO very content lite)