PDA

View Full Version : [OT] WoW Event Crashes 27 Servers

-FN-
11-01-06, 22:12
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28910

If our worst problems are a roll-back every couple months... I think Neocron is doing ok :p

Paper Dragon
11-01-06, 22:24
WoW doesn't even need an event for the servers to crash, and - as the article points out - tech support....WHAT tech support?

Yes, they give a free day every so often, but most of the time you're left faffing around for nearly a week until anything's done. The lack of communication - when they have several community reps as well - is just laughable.

Ah well.

rob444
11-01-06, 22:26
rofl, nice work.

Dogface
11-01-06, 22:29
Excellent, keep it up and they'll all come crying back to NC :)

That's what we all like to hear :p

Paper Dragon
11-01-06, 22:30
Excellent, keep it up and they'll all come crying back to NC :)

Anyone who leaves another game for WoW doesn't deserve to come back. :p

LTA
11-01-06, 22:38
heh neocron servers cant handle more than what 60 a zone, let the wow players stay where they are... i hear there community is largely a bad one .... they can stay there....

Still tho despite all the shit, them players still love it of and stay lol

Dogface
11-01-06, 22:40
I %^$&ing hate 99% of their community.
They all act the same, all suddenly use the 'cool' new phrase of the week. They're all really childish too.
I could actually rant about them all for hours. I'd just get edited for flaming =/

Paper Dragon
11-01-06, 22:41
I %^$&ing hate 99% of their community.
They all act the same, all suddenly use the 'cool' new phrase of the week. They're all really childish too.
I could actually rant about them all for hours. I'd just get edited for flaming =/

o rly?

But yeah, I've ranted on and on and on about why I hate WoW in a fair few places before, so...blah.

I initially thought the Neocron community was pretty crappy in places, but even this one sticks together when the occasion calls it for it. You don't get any sense of unity over there. At all.

Skusty
11-01-06, 23:14
Anyone who leaves another game for WoW doesn't deserve to come back. :p
How can you say that? I challenge you to a duel! ( my clanleader left for wow. .p ( im one of his henchmen. .p ))

Spermy
11-01-06, 23:18
o rly?

Ya Rly (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orly5jx.swf)

Ryydmann
12-01-06, 00:38
Ya Rly (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orly5jx.swf)

WWaahaahahahaaaa!!!
Almost pissed my pants laughing! :D

Spermy
12-01-06, 00:39
WWaahaahahahaaaa!!!
Almost pissed my pants laughing! :D

Just FTR - Not my link - but pissed myself when I first saw it. :lol:

Scaramanga
12-01-06, 00:44
Not just the server downtime and community that made me leave.
The way the game is designed with the high level instances is laughable.
The sheer number of hours required to gain a set is rediculous, and if you want the top one then forget real life. Sooner people wake up to what a con that game is the better. Blizzard dont deserve the player base they have for wow.

Spermy
12-01-06, 00:46
Not just the server downtime and community that made me leave.
The way the game is designed with the high level instances is laughable.
The sheer number of hours required to gain a set is rediculous, and if you want the top one then forget real life. Sooner people wake up to what a con that game is the better. Blizzard dont deserve the player base they have for wow.

Can't say I have much love for the pop myself - but I belive there are diamonds in the rough... There's plenty of good Souls in SSX and GoE.

retr0n
12-01-06, 01:09
Paper Dragon, I can't believe your talking so much shit about blizzard, yet
defending KK like it's your mother, please, get some perspective, it's all the same.

NC servers might not crash every so often, but that might have something to do
with the low pop, I remember crashing pluto when a bunch of us gathered in
viarosso 3. Was around 50 people before it went down.

WoW is a good game, for those that are into that sort of thing, and yeah it has
alot of issues but hey, name one game that doesnt. Atleast Whil playing wow
I always felt like I was playing a finished product, and not a beta.

Paper Dragon
12-01-06, 01:14
defending KK like it's your mother, please, get some perspective, it's all the same.

No, it isn't the same.

Blizzard are a multi-national company with millions coming in from subscriptions, not to mention the huge level of money they were also sat on pre-WoW. Along with this, they have a lot more employees than Reakktor's fifteen.

Giving how many "upgrades" Blizzard have given to their server hardware, I just find it hilarious the servers still crash so often and the community is still swept under the rug whenever it happens. They have several community reps, but they only appeared if someone was to post a thread in ALL CAPS.

And? Once again, Reakktor is an infinitely tiny company compared to Blizzard. Fifteen employees, give or take one or two, with much less income.

If they were the same size, you'd have a point.

Yet you're still here. Please.

At least I complain about a game I no longer play, and slag off a company I no longer give money to.

LTA
12-01-06, 01:39
Blizzard according to that report make millions per quarter, while i do criticise KK at some point Blizzard have no excuse, with that kind of funding they should be able to hire plenty of help desk representatives, should have a very efficient ticket system and to be honest top of the range servers and enough to handle a large load.

World Of Warcraft had it's playerbase well before the game was made, add on top of that the rest who see it advertise and give it a try they should be well on top of such issues and with such money from there other games they should have been easily ready for such large amounts of players.

Demental
12-01-06, 02:03
o rly?

But yeah, I've ranted on and on and on about why I hate WoW in a fair few places before, so...blah.

I initially thought the Neocron community was pretty crappy in places, but even this one sticks together when the occasion calls it for it. You don't get any sense of unity over there. At all.

prolly cause it's a community of 5+ million people, and neocrons is around 1000 O_o

Paper Dragon
12-01-06, 02:05
prolly cause it's a community of 5+ million people, and neocrons is around 1000 O_o

Note the "at all".

Even in-game, where the community was split into much smaller numbers, you'd have people pissing on one another for the sake of it.

Clobber
12-01-06, 02:25
Paper Dragon how long have you been playing NC ?

Paper Dragon
12-01-06, 02:26
Paper Dragon how long have you been playing NC ?

Long enough to learn that, despite the bickering which goes on, the Neocron community has enough common sense to put aside arguments for five minutes.

cRazy-
12-01-06, 02:30
And? Once again, Reakktor is an infinitely tiny company compared to Blizzard. Fifteen employees, give or take one or two, with much less income.

Er have you seen the Neocron 2 credits ingame? theres many more then 15 employee's as far as I can see, but I might be wrong.

Paper Dragon
12-01-06, 02:36
Er have you seen the Neocron 2 credits ingame? theres many more then 15 employee's as far as I can see, but I might be wrong.

Credits = People involved in the initial development, as well as associated companies.

Not the permanent staff. Can you honestly imagine Reakktor being able to pay that many people with the current subscriptions?

Mr Kot
12-01-06, 02:41
Hahahahaha

They all crashed out trying to cram into the new content area.

At least that didn't happen with the Dome when it first opened.... or Regant's Legacy....or the TG volcano ;)

LTA
12-01-06, 03:21
I remember a lot of the people in the credits being forum regulars when i seen the nc 1 credits....

MightyMax still posts if its the same Tim "MightyMax" Siedel as listed... so i am sure that not all are staff

Dribble Joy
12-01-06, 03:40
TG volcano?

Mr Kot
12-01-06, 03:52
TG volcano?That's right! But you better not go there... you'll crash the server :eek:

Dogface
12-01-06, 04:02

WoW is shit, it's not just a "you don't get something for nothing game". It's a "you don't get to a chance to compete in the game for nothing". EVERY SINGLE high end item (MC gear, Blackwing lair etc etc) requires a hell of a lot of time to get.
It's not like you can just join a guild and go to those places to get stuff, you have to do crappier instances first to get the required items and experience in those places before guilds accept you to join them on a 6+ hour instance farm, 3 times a week, every week for the rest of your life.

The mobs are shitty too. I'd prefer to have mobs like in nc, where they don't attack for a set number every second or so and follow you around for 15 seconds until you eventually lose them. Badly designed mobs tbh..
Every mission is the same, except the mobs have different names or come from a place with a different name.
No one takes you seriously if you don't have a level 60 char decked out in MC
gear..
The community are mainly a bunch of smacktards because when level 60s decide somethings funny they all find it funny so they think the capped chars will like them since they share the same fragments of a retarded sense of humor.
I can predict that everyone in WoW will look the same, have one of about 5 possible builds for their char, that build will require them to have a certain weapon, but they will all need the same gear, so they have to spend their childhood indoors trying to go through ePuberty.

I'm so glad my account was always so screwed up and 'had nothing wrong with it because we say so' that I couldn't post on the forums ever. No wait, I think I managed it once. I'm sure I'd be in some kind of trouble now.

Anyway, I could go on longer but everything about that game annoys me.
The GMs are no fun whatsoever.
I know it's because they don't care about/want to get to know their community.

WoW in the end, is a HUGE mindless grinding time sink. Whereas NC is a fun timesink :D

LTA
12-01-06, 05:39
Only thing i really like is the Instance thing tbh

I like being able to participate in a group mob even without some nob jockey buttin in 2 mins in and wasting my team (not so bad now with the whole penalty thing) but it was nice to have a good bit of undisturbed leveling.

Paper Dragon
12-01-06, 05:40
Only thing i really like is the Instance thing tbh

I like being able to participate in a group mob even without some nob jockey buttin in 2 mins in and wasting my team (not so bad now with the whole penalty thing) but it was nice to have a good bit of undisturbed leveling.

Shitty exp in WoW instances, especially given how long it takes to kill some of the damn mobs. :p

You're better off, more often than not, grinding in an area outside of instances and on your own. In my experience, teaming in WoW would always shaft the rate of exp; not to mention the loot and money I'd be getting. o_O

Funnily enough, you were forced into teams to "enjoy" the end game content.

LTA
12-01-06, 05:52
Shitty exp in WoW instances, especially given how long it takes to kill some of the damn mobs. :p

You're better off, more often than not, grinding in an area outside of instances and on your own. In my experience, teaming in WoW would always shaft the rate of exp; not to mention the loot and money I'd be getting. o_O

Funnily enough, you were forced into teams to "enjoy" the end game content.

Yeah it was crap and i hate the fact loot had to be rolled on, i just liked the fact i could level away without interruption from some random tard lol

I never made it to the end, once i found out what i was leveling for i kina thought fuck this its like another FFXI grind (40+ alliance to kill a mob who may drop ONE item for you all to roll on) lol

I played on a pvp server tho so i guess that didnt help much, but it was like guild wars to i liked the way it instanced the leveling zone sorta thing so you could do your own thing with your friends if you wanted.

retr0n
12-01-06, 11:25
Some people seem to think I'm defending wow, wich is not the case, or slagging
off KK, wich is also not the case. I am still here because NC is by far the best
MMO I have ever played. I was just curious as to how you can slag off one
company and defend another for basicly the same thing.

Saying "Wow is shit" or "That sucks" isn't going to convince me more, I allready
have my own opinion about the game, but no matter what, you can't call it a
shit game. You might not like it, or prefer that kind of a game, but it's far from
shit. I didn't like it, but as I said, atleast it felt like a finished product.

There is probably about a million issues with every game, and probably 99% of
those are not solved due to managment and not because "the dev's didn't feel
like it" or "didn't know how to". Every company needs to prioritize (sp?).

All i'm saying is that it's the same, just on a larger scale with blizzard, and a
smaller one here with KK.

xyl_az
12-01-06, 11:43
yeah, both are shit

awkward silence
12-01-06, 11:59
yeah, both are shit

Finally someona said it loud!

Allthought KK has a very good support system (C2P aint KK).

And NC is not a grind? WOC anyone?

Atleast WOW chars are better balanced then NC's (ie the PPU)

KK needs to get its head outta it's ass jusy like many other companies.

Preach
12-01-06, 12:09
although the gameplay sucks, its so carebear that you can tell an ex NC player a mile off in an instance. Watching Jedi Knight do UBRS the other day, it descended into some rediculous argument among a small grp of the team as most instance grps do. Luckily Blizzard had added snowballs over the xmas period which could be thrown at party members causing them to fall over,ho ho ho very funny. So Jedi being ex nc carried 600 of them and snowballed the shit out of every caster when they begun a spell cast. Needless to say all four his party cried and left the instance. IT was funny as fuck

Spermy
12-01-06, 12:57
Heh. Loverly. :D

giga191
12-01-06, 13:49
retron is wow fanboy aahahahahahaaaaa

maybe those wow guys can take a break now and maybe go outside for the first time in 6 months

Spermy
12-01-06, 13:52
retron is wow fanboy aahahahahahaaaaa

maybe those wow guys can take a break now and maybe go outside for the first time in 6 months

/pizza TBH