PDA

View Full Version : OT - Least of my worries...

Spermy
10-01-06, 21:33
Seems that the rares database rewrite is the least of my worries. A few months ago, I suffered an abscess on my spine, it was attributed to the fact that when I'm stressed, my immune system takes a shit on me. Since coming out of hospital, it's taken me 2 months to get back to how I was, and for the chunk of me they took out to well, regrow.

Well joy for me! I found a lump around the scar area, which I assumed was scar tissue, but I made an appointment with teh doc anyhow, just to be on the safe side. The appointment is tommorrow.

I went for a shower half an hour ago. I took my jeans off, and they were soaked in blood round back. Which means one of two things.

1) My scar is ripped and is bleeding.
2) My abscess is back.

Either way it isn't good. Will update tomorrow.

Dogface
10-01-06, 21:55
Ouch, real sorry to hear it :(

Can't say I know what you're going through, good luck at the docs tomorrow.

(OT, but this kind of stuff is what I mean't by "worse happens" in my last post on the server fuckup thread. =( )

Hope it all turns out as 'Ok' as can be.

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 21:56
Hope it goes well for you, dude.

I clash with people at times, but I'd never want something like that to happen to them.

Here's to a swift diagnosis and an even quicker recovery!

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 21:57
I'm in no way a medical man... but for that amount of blood, it sounds like option number 1 is more likely. Option 2 would only be likely if the original abcess bled like a mofo externally. Wasn't it an internal abcess?

I get problems with surface bleeding a lot on a small scale because every time i get ANY kind of injury, be it a cut, graze, spot, whatever... i'm always picking at it and it never gets a chance to heal. I keep scratching and picking (mostly unconsciously) until it bleeds then i force myself to sit on my hands or something :p

Whatever it is, i hope it gets sorted for ya soon.

james_finn
10-01-06, 22:21
good luck man, I hope it all comes back as well as it could be!

Hell-demon
10-01-06, 22:21
If the Doc don't treat ya and ya stuck in a waiting room tell him ya called Spermy, the sheer hilarity of your name will make him reconsider :p

Dribble Joy
10-01-06, 22:33
I think I might be dying as well, one of the viens in my legs is feeling really funny, and somewhat painful, I think one of my valves is falling apart, off to the uni medical centre tomo. Get the lump at the top of my collar bone sorted too...

Hell-demon
10-01-06, 22:43
My abs hurt from working out too much....HHHHHRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lets sticky this and post all our personal medical info here :rolleyes:

Spermy
11-01-06, 18:21
I love it. I leave in perfectly good time so that even in my pained state I can hobble to the doctors to get it seen to. Unfortunately hobbling seems to have aggravated it somewhat - whatevers up is worse now than it was before, because of the pain I'm getting now, it took me longer to get there and they wouldn't see me, because I was late.

They wouldn't even let me wait to get someone to come out and look at it there to justify the fact that I really need to see someone about it. Which ticked me off, because if you were to look at it, you would blaantly be able to tell that something is most definitely not right. =/

Figure if I go to A+E then someone will have to look at it, won't they? :rolleyes:

Waiting for a damn taxi.

God bless the health service!

RogerRamjet
11-01-06, 18:35
Ouch :(

Hell-demon
11-01-06, 18:52
can you post pics :)

Spermy
11-01-06, 19:27
can you post pics :)

I don't see why. It's not something I'd want to look at myself.

On the plus I paid out for a private doc to come see me. It's a stitch up job tommorrow morning. Very glad I don't have to go back in to hospital. We don't mix very well.

Hell-demon
11-01-06, 19:30
yeah yeah now make with the pics :angel:

Spermy
11-01-06, 19:31
yeah yeah now make with the pics :angel:

Sicko. :p

Remember when lexx posted his after op pics? Ew.

Scaramanga
11-01-06, 19:32
You're probably doing yourself a favour by avoiding the morons at the local practice anyway.
Did my back in at work last august and couldnt do anything properly for a while, went to see the GP who told me that it was a muscle sprain and i should just rest it.

Did it again playing rugby last saturday, went to see a physio instead and he told me my hip had separated along the sacro iliac, popped it back in and im right as rain now.

The GP would have prolly told you that you had a bad back and sent you hom with some placebos and a recipe for a bread poultice neway.

Hell-demon
11-01-06, 19:44
I'm not a sicko..... :)

Now is the wound soft and moist?, what does it feel like when you touch it? :wtf: Tell me it makes it more real for me.... I'd love to lick it Spermy oh y-yes.....

what?

WHAT????

O_o O_o O_o O_o

giga191
11-01-06, 19:48
I'm not a sicko..... :)

Now is the wound soft and moist?, what does it feel like when you touch it? :wtf: Tell me it makes it more real for me.... I'd love to lick it Spermy oh y-yes.....

what?

WHAT????

O_o O_o O_o O_o lol, reminds me of tom green when that guy falls off the skateboard in freddy got fingered

Dogface
11-01-06, 20:23
Some of the people working at the NHS are kind of retarded..

I had been having some hip problems which prevented me from doing a lot of things I've wanted to do, which also involves my future career path I've been dead-set on for a year or two being jeopardized.. So I decided to get it checked out.
I make an apointment with my GP, he checks me over and decides its worth going to a physiotherapist.
He books me an apointment and a week or two later I have my first session.
They say my hips are straight, but I have something wrong with the tissue in my joint.
We spend the next few weeks grinding it down into a softer state (which is excrutiating if anyones had solid objects dug into their joints), which didn't seem to help *much*.
So I decide to get a second opinion, so I take a visit to a martial arts instructor I happen to know, who takes a look and finds out my hip problem is secondary to my back O_o

He noticed on my back, that my muscles on either side of the bottom of my spine are massively out of proportion. Which has then caused my spine to twist, which has caused a kink somewhere in the middle, which has caused this problem I'm experiencing in my joints.
I've never had any back problems before in my life, but I've been told that I *will* suffer from back problems later in life (go me ! O_o )
So I ask the physiotherapist to take a look at my back because it's hurting (which it wasn't, it was just an excuse to make them see my back) and they notice the problem too.
They play around with it and so does the MA instructor.
They get my spine to feel hell of a lot more comfortable (I just realised what it's like to lay down straight) but its going to take a looong time to get my hip back to normal, because it's been happening over a period of a year or so. In this time I've had a huge growth spurt. Which is why it's as bad as it is.
So the guy I know sorts out and removes the kink a bit and straightens out my spine every other week or so and the guys from physio have discharged me because I'm only allowed seven sessions because I'm being refered to some other person with job title I can't remember.
So as far as they know, I'm getting no treatment.
I was put on a waiting list to see a 'special' doctor about this. This wait was about 2 months. You know how long this appointment lasted? Ten minutes.
He asked me about 5 questions, played around with my leg and neck then said I can go home because I've been put on a two month waiting list for an MRI scan. I was meant to be due for this in November O_o
No calls, no letters, no fix.

Anyway, thats my story.

PS, Spermy are they taking this further than just another stitch up on another day? Like making a future apointment for the 'Ok' sign?

Spermy
11-01-06, 21:37
PS, Spermy are they taking this further than just another stitch up on another day? Like making a future apointment for the 'Ok' sign?

Take a wild guess :p

No, The issue is confirmed as being something thats gone awry as a result of the last op, nothing major, they just didn't seal me up properly and that left "empty space" which just so happened to be a path a blood vessle was wanting to travel. The bleeding was from the cavity filling with blood.

It could have lead to another case of septicemea or however you spell it, but it didn't. They stitched me up and told me if I had any problems, in future, to go to a GP instead of using up valuable treage space.

Sorry. What? The whole issue is because of a botch up on thier end, I could have had sepicemea(sp?) but I'm the one causing the inconvenience.

I can see thier point, but if The doctors wouldn't see me and in my opinion, and for the sake of my clothes ( I've ruined a pair of jeans with blood. =/) I needed those stitches.

Dogface
11-01-06, 22:37
yes, clearly fixing a hole they made in your back isn't very important... O_o

Wouldn't your GP just advise you to get it stitched up at hospital anSway?

Surely they're not SO understaffed and over-run that they can't fix you up.
Last time I went to the hospital there was just kids who'd broke their arms/wrists falling off skateboards because they wern't wearing pads.. At least I was original, I did it falling from a tree :p :o

rob444
11-01-06, 22:51
I've been on hospital many times but not for my reason, I've only been on hospital once after I had a little bit to much to drink *big smile*.
Was at my gf's friend's place and I didn't get affected by alcohol as much as I used to so I just drank more and more, we played a few games and then I went to the bathroom and I don't remember more other than the stories I were told the next few days. I couldn't find the door knob so I couldn't get out of the bathroom ^^. I went out to smoke with some guys and I fell on the sharp walls and I was dragged down 2 floors of stairs by the hostess so I got a good beating on my head as well. Anyway, woke up on the hospital and the doctor said the next day I had 3.2 mille alcohol in my blood, apparently I had trouble breathing as well so they had to give me oxygene. When I got home I had all these huge wounds on my back and markings from that ECG the doctors had put on me. This happened last february btw and I still got some bieffects from that night, I get this feeling in the left area of my back almost at my shoulder, feels like someone strokes me with their fingers, annoying as hell and I feel it right now as I type :P.

I hate hospitals :P, I bet they installed some kind of implant on me! OH THY GOVERNMENT!

RogerRamjet
12-01-06, 10:32
I've been on hospital many times but not for my reason, I've only been on hospital once after I had a little bit to much to drink *big smile*.
Was at my gf's friend's place and I didn't get affected by alcohol as much as I used to so I just drank more and more, we played a few games and then I went to the bathroom and I don't remember more other than the stories I were told the next few days. I couldn't find the door knob so I couldn't get out of the bathroom ^^. I went out to smoke with some guys and I fell on the sharp walls and I was dragged down 2 floors of stairs by the hostess so I got a good beating on my head as well. Anyway, woke up on the hospital and the doctor said the next day I had 3.2 mille alcohol in my blood, apparently I had trouble breathing as well so they had to give me oxygene. When I got home I had all these huge wounds on my back and markings from that ECG the doctors had put on me. This happened last february btw and I still got some bieffects from that night, I get this feeling in the left area of my back almost at my shoulder, feels like someone strokes me with their fingers, annoying as hell and I feel it right now as I type :P.

I hate hospitals :P, I bet they installed some kind of implant on me! OH THY GOVERNMENT!

That sounds like a good night :D lol