PDA

View Full Version : Caps?

nasty nate
10-01-06, 04:57
at what number does putting points into wep lore stop benefiting your char?
MC?
PSU?

kurai
10-01-06, 05:39
How long is a piece of string .... ?

Too many variables to give a concrete numeric answer.

Best that can be said is "enough to reach the statistic you want on the weapon you want to use"

In my case (rifle spy) 176 WEP gives me capped aim (267%) on an all 120 artifact Disruptor (TL-115, highest rifle in the game).
Adding any more after that is pointless.

See the thread Neocron 2 Skills Guide [English & French] (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118196) for details of what relative weighting each skill gives towards a given statistic.

nasty nate
10-01-06, 06:44
ok cool thnks

Pantho
10-01-06, 11:51
Also Depends what class?

Pistol
Rifle
Heavy Combat

RusSki
10-01-06, 14:51
How long is a piece of string .... ?

Twice the distace from the middle :P

Scaramanga
10-01-06, 16:03
Heres question about spy caps;

What's the cap on psi pool using the int psi use skill only. On my pistol spy i have mainly ppu and the bare requirement for shelter on mst (31 iirc). Whats the highest spi pool i can get using Psi Use (on int skill table)? I think it's around 52 but not sure.

Also, is there a number at which more psi points do nothing whatsoever to increase stats to a psi module? For example, how many psi use would have an affect on a tl 3 heal?

CMaster
10-01-06, 18:59
Scara - once you cap fequencey on the spell - thats 52/minute for heals, 42/min for shields.

thread starter: 178% is damage cap on all weapons. The only point at which putting more points in skills becomes useless is when you cap your items...

Dribble Joy
10-01-06, 22:46
When most people talk of full capping an item, they usually mean damage and frequency, aiming and range depends though, pistols and rifles cap aiming quite easy, heavy has a bit more work to do, but capping range is often not needed and require very large skilling anyway.

Scaramanga
11-01-06, 20:18
Scara - once you cap fequencey on the spell - thats 52/minute for heals, 42/min for shields.

So for a decent shelter cast on a spy i could go with psi use up to around 120 base ish?

I wasnt sure if the psi use effect on psi pool and stats of spells was llinked (and therefore restricted)to base level of psi. I'll try lomming afew levels of barter over to psi use to see if it makes any diff to shelter.

Not holding out for any points in hack or a trade so got plenty of points to spare in int. Pistol user too so not needing lots of Wep lore either.