PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] LOL@the server

Pages : [1] 2

cRazy-
10-01-06, 00:05
I just synched from Plaza 1 to jankins lab sector (O_o), all the OPs are factionless, clanned people are now clanless, no one can send DM's or team invite, and everything is just generally fucking up.

Fix pls lawl.

l8m0n
10-01-06, 00:05
Dont know if anyone else is gettin it tonite, when i try to DM someone i type there name and someone else's comes up o_O and ive got mail and i click on the mail part of the city com FRT, i go to the clan admin part FRT i click on any of the tabs and its fuckz0rd, am i the only one? :rolleyes:

Kozmos
10-01-06, 00:07
Dont Fucing Roll Back Weve Spent 10 Hours Lomming Today !

HUD says i have new Emails, when i goto citycom, instafatal

Spermy
10-01-06, 00:10
The sky R teh fall? O_o

Not too bad for me - I've done fuck all on Phayse for around 3 weeks :P

Dr J Zoidberg
10-01-06, 00:12
AND I JUST SPEND 3 DAYS MAKING A PPU and getting it high level !!!

and on a slightly more calm note...

Iv'e had no problems, and alot of others have not had either, i just think it was a huge charachter selective bug...

-Z

Lightpipe
10-01-06, 00:17
I reckon Database is screwed..I cant team either, cant get in appartments either etc etc...

Tauan
10-01-06, 00:18
ALL kinds of crazy stuff is happening...clans dont exist...people swap names....GenReps have turned into suicide booths...Op's are not owned....trying to check your mail makes you FRE...JEEZ its crazy...a friend of mine got a warbot carcass from a AGGIE

Spermy
10-01-06, 00:20
ALL kinds of crazy stuff is happening...clans dont exist...people swap names....GenReps have turned into suicide booths...Op's are not owned....trying to check your mail makes you FRE...JEEZ its crazy...a friend of mine got a warbot carcass from a AGGIE

Just needs a reset.

ariall
10-01-06, 00:21
If there is really a rollback I jump down from the plaza 1 medic-care tower
with my head down :D :rolleyes:

Skusty
10-01-06, 00:21
Aye! I cant check my clan thingies. I can get inthere but no info. :wtf: :wtf:

Skusty
10-01-06, 00:22
Yepp, same problems. :rolleyes:

Wouter
10-01-06, 00:22
checking mail makes you crash too :p

Skusty
10-01-06, 00:23
I just finnished regant mission on pe, wasent easy...

Foxtrot
10-01-06, 00:23
do not rollback. i'm going tanning.

unreal
10-01-06, 00:24
checking mail makes you crash too :pAlong with trying to right click on the ASG. If there's an experience/character rollback i'm gonna be well pissed off. I spent the last few days levelling my monk to 100 psi, and I just LOM'd him today, along with buying spells and getting him sorted.

elGringo
If there is really a rollback I jump down from the plaza 1 medic-care tower
with my head down :D :rolleyes:

1.000.000 nc if you manage to do so :p

ps: have fun jumpin' !

ariall
Maybe the server just need a reset.
Someone at KK please press the 0/I button?

Spermy
10-01-06, 00:25
Data is seperated - character and world are therefore snapshotted seperately. Even if the world is rolled back to a state it was in an hour or so ago or whatever - yer chars will remain untouched. May wanna stick important items in the gogo - or inventory.

Kozmos
10-01-06, 00:27
Data is seperated - character and world are therefore snapshotted seperately. Even if the world is rolled back to a state it was in an hour or so ago or whatever - yer chars will remain untouched. May wanna stick important items in the gogo - or inventory.

like saturn eh ?

Dr J Zoidberg
Along with trying to right click on the ASG. If there's an experience/character rollback i'm gonna be well pissed off. I spent the last few days levelling my monk to 100 psi, and I just LOM'd him today, along with buying spells and getting him sorted.

same here man, apart from the problem is my charachter was created 72 hrs ago... on a trial accont which will become paied for when the dat comes arround... but the date wont be coming arround if they do a rollback, cos i gunna be well pissed...

-Z

Spermy
like saturn eh ?

No.

This was implemented after, and mainly due to that IIRC.

LTA
10-01-06, 00:31
lol its gone nuts, registered a rhino and it says failed then the key is used, then i sync miles away then i have no vhcs at all then i try dmin someone and get a random name each time i press use...

its goin absoloutly nuts

calim
10-01-06, 00:32
that's not the moment to buy new and expensive items ^^

Tauan
10-01-06, 00:32
Jump Jump Jump!

Dargeshaad
10-01-06, 00:33
Self-destruction mechanism that got initiated after the population of Neocron reached 99% monks

CMaster
10-01-06, 00:34
Rofl,its like the DB has gone. No clans, no ops, no citycom, no vehicles in ASG. ALl ops open to all...

Paper Dragon
Self-destruction mechanism that got initiated after the population of Neocron reached 99% monks

Could we go for one thread without someone dragging Monks into this?

Thanks.

Anyway....

I just logged when the issues hit. Best find something else to do, rather than risk items and/or your character; better safe than sorry.

Spermy
Maybe...

If we all stand really still...

:p

LTA
10-01-06, 00:36
that's not the moment to buy new and expensive items ^^

lol well i didnt expect to the server to go tits up...

Why not drag monks in am sure every other possible kk slate is going to get dragged in soon...

Que hamsters/monkeys etc etc

Kozmos
10-01-06, 00:36

Why, monks dominate neocron, why cant they dominate the forums, wait, PPUs already do that aswell :rolleyes:

elGringo
10-01-06, 00:40
Rofl,its like the DB has gone. No clans, no ops, no citycom, no vehicles in ASG. ALl ops open to all...

u sure? what about your skills? your items? ...looks like a part of the db has gone :o
Maybe they're able to reroll that part seperated as well, ...at least I'd think so... but then.. maybe not :p

Foxtrot
10-01-06, 00:40
Chuck norris round house kicked the server.

mdares
10-01-06, 00:44
heh glad to hear im not teh only one =p everytime i check my ingame mail i FRE...

RusSki
10-01-06, 00:45
Chuck Norris needs to roundhouse kick the server again. And while hes at it can he kick each of the techie's at the data center where the servers are.

Foxtrot
10-01-06, 00:50
Chuck norris can touch MC hammer.

Richard Blade
10-01-06, 00:50
People stuck in their apartments.
People losing placed items in their apartments.

Mobs loot seems to be off too.

Lots of other things seem to be happening. It's an exciting time.

Dargeshaad
10-01-06, 00:52

Complain and you may get monks changed. Sit back and there'll still be skill in this game, at least a while. And, dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance -- just one chance -- to come back here and tell KK, that they may take the skill out of the game, but they'll never take our freedom!

Hmm guess not!

Foo
10-01-06, 00:59
Apartments gone all fucked again (Empty cabs / cant enter them / cant exit them etc etc etc) aswell , Rollback ftw !

Jipz
10-01-06, 01:00
:o O_o :lol: yahooo

Safunte
10-01-06, 01:01
it'd be nice if we could get an official notice soon.

nobby
10-01-06, 01:01
Phaze Have Lost Everything In Our Apartment!

We Spent Fucking Millions On Furniture!

I Am Not Happy!

Toilet-Duck
10-01-06, 01:02

I Am Not Happy!

:lol:

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 01:04
it'd be nice if we could get an official notice soon.

It's currently 11pm.

We might be waiting a while.

Foo
10-01-06, 01:09
It's currently 11pm.

We might be waiting a while.

Not realy , last time this happend a month or so back , was just as late as this , and they came on and let us know ..

Dr J Zoidberg
yeah, and a world worlback will do the trick, charachters are not the problem, all gogo's are ok and so are inventory's its just the world databases that are f00bared atm ...

-Z

Finl
nice day for reroll, lommed, builted nice weapon, leveled alot... :)

Dr J Zoidberg
10-01-06, 01:12
nice day for reroll, lommed, builted nice weapon, leveled alot... :)

Same here man...

60/42 in 3 days i will not be happy if they roll it back...

-Z

Viper 911
10-01-06, 01:13
Yep [WSAT] Clan app gone, try to goto it and u get put into your own appartment, Not happy 1 little bit !!!!

RusSki
10-01-06, 01:13

I Am Not Happy!

LOL they took you back?

I still remember with fond memory ur infamous 15+ page thread.

Tratos
10-01-06, 01:15
It puzzels me that people who know the server is fucked are still trying to play - i assume that cant be very good for the fucked bits, lol

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 01:17
It puzzels me that people who know the server is fucked are still trying to play - i assume that cant be very good for the fucked bits, lol

Just wait....

"I was playing throughout the entire server troubles, crashed and then lost my super powerful weapon! KK gimme my stuff back! Not my fault I played when I knew the servers were fucked! :mad:"

I've seen it happen.

Same sort of people that wonder why their hands get singed when placed in fire.

Wouter
10-01-06, 01:18
guess its time for sleep then, and see if its oke tommorrow 8|

unreal
10-01-06, 01:19
lol I've been at cycrow for the last few hours, been hunting kurai during then too as she's sniping everyone with her SH. Almost killed her about 4 or 5 times now, sssssssteeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllllttttttttthhhh. I just had to log off completely because I wasn't gonna get rezzed when doing /set kill_self 1 right now. My drugflash is huge. :( My only character to go on, my monk is stuck inside NeoFrag, my tradeskiller is stuck in his apartment, and my PE is stuck in his apartment. Pistol Spy it is. :)

Dead Bodies
10-01-06, 01:24
I hear yah, I cant GR cant use lifts cannot shoot cannot stay ingame longer than 7 min without a runtime cant achess aparments or cabs generally fooked i dun care what u do ReKKtor just get it dun FAST pleaseeeee

SorkZmok
10-01-06, 01:25
LOL they took you back?

I still remember with fond memory ur infamous 15+ page thread.
OMG i can't believe they actually let him in the clan again. :lol:

That's gonna be fun once i get on vent again. :p

Still remember one time where i went completely mad at nobbys mom cause i didn't know she was on vent to tell us to be nice to nobby. (once again o_O)

Dr J Zoidberg
10-01-06, 01:29
Still remember one time where i went completely mad at nobbys mom cause i didn't know she was on vent to tell us to be nice to nobby. (once again o_O)

lol, mummas boy mummas boy *taunts* :P

-Z

Skusty
10-01-06, 01:45
"Still remember one time where i went completely mad at nobbys mom cause i didn't know she was on vent to tell us to be nice to nobby. (once again o_O)

:lol: "
LOL! Omg lol! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh btw SpikE says : LOLLERS @ NOBBY

RusSki
10-01-06, 01:54
Hmmm i hope i'm not gonna lose all those loverly rares i looted today. And the ppr i did the epic for :( i can do it again np but its so much running around from point a to point b, its just really boring and soul destroying.

OMG i can't believe they actually let him in the clan again. :lol:

That's gonna be fun once i get on vent again. :p

u gonna join up with those dudes kid?
am seriously considering moving my guys back to ca again now that rig and witch are back. just need to lure swinny, xeno and ian back and get luke to stop playing on merc and we got the old crew back in action :)

Demental
10-01-06, 01:57
So is the server still fucked up or can I log in and play without worry of a rollback? If not fixed... meh looks like counter strike again tonight :rolleyes:

Tarn
10-01-06, 02:05
Im wondering if KK will give every one an extra day of play seeing how you cant play like this. :rolleyes: I know WoW dose.

CMaster
10-01-06, 02:08
Im wondering if KK will give evey one an extra day of play seeing how you cant play like this. :rolleyes: I know WoW dose.

Actuqally, in the abscence of anything else to do, we've had some REALLY good fights at cycorw all evening.

Tarn
10-01-06, 02:11
Actuqally, in the abscence of anything else to do, we've had some REALLY good fights at cycorw all evening.

yeah? and what if your one of the people stuck in an app? (STFUMISSLE), IMO its still not right to play with all this stuff f'd up tbh.

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 02:20
Ya, Cycrow was fun especially as the database kept having its random moments and the OP randomly let ppl into the underground from time to time.

Oh, and it definitely looks like a database f**kup cause look what happened when my char looked up his own info on the MY RUNNER screen...

http://www.davesdrivertraining.co.uk/Neocron/dataerror.jpg
and no, that isn't my secret alt :p

Oh, and aparently i own an apartment in the "Pepper Sewer Downstairs 1A" First apartment with its own toilet perhaps?

unreal
10-01-06, 02:21
Die Kurai Die. :)

sanityislost
10-01-06, 02:25
Err you are meh? scary scary shit!!! :D :D :D

SiL ..:..

unreal
10-01-06, 02:32
Hmm, happy birthday sanityislost :) ( . ) ( . )

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 02:33
Im wondering if KK will give every one an extra day of play seeing how you cant play like this. :rolleyes: I know WoW dose.

WoW also has about six days of server issues each week.

sanityislost
Hmm, happy birthday sanityislost :) ( . ) ( . )

Heh thanx :D

Tarn
WoW also has about six days of server issues each week.
Get them all back dont ya ?
- I got no clue what server your playing on

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 02:34
The funniest thing was.. i pressed CLANADMIN (which insta-fatalled me so the F12 wouldn't work) but under the fatal message i could see that in my clanname field, it said "SEX!!!!"

Wish i could have gotten a screenie :p

Skusty
10-01-06, 02:35
My tanks name is more spooky.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6460/namnls8mc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

sanityislost
10-01-06, 02:35
The funniest thing was.. i pressed CLANADMIN (which insta-fatalled me so the F12 wouldn't work) but under the fatal message i could see that in my clanname field, it said "SEX!!!!"

Haha that rocks dude :lol: :lol:

cRazy-
10-01-06, 02:36
hahahah more spooky most definatly.

unreal
10-01-06, 02:36
Let's hope there's a full apartment rollback, hopefully the stuff I got out for my monk will get duplicated like the last rollback... "duuuplicate good things come on" (ewww Kool And The Gang, nasty). :)

The Ottoman
10-01-06, 02:41

Hmmm, SEX!!!!? Looks like KK got hacked.

CMaster
10-01-06, 02:43

Thats EXACTLY what I said on vent, but I think a hack would put "sex" in more places.

kurai
10-01-06, 02:46
The evening's fighting @ Cycrow was indeed fun.

The GR settings would randomly not work, so there were all sorts of Pro people (other than the usual suspect raiders I see day in day out) wandering around the place.

Lotsa yummy targets :D

The extra people traffic through the zone makes me remember the good old days of no GR locking *sigh*

Every now and again Unreal would unstealth next to me, and disturb me from my comfy spot and make me find another. So many targets around it wasn't even worth sheltering and doing the pistoleer versus rifler dance - just stealth away and relocate and carry on ;)

When I (finally) died it was fucking irritating ... after spending the best part of an hour in and out of the thick of an ongoing permanent fight I eventually died when some *self-censored* LE tankeh decided to melee aggro a Grim right next to me.

Grrrrrrrrrr.

I eventually decided to call it a night, when GR'ing or using an apartment elevator would take you somewhere essentially random. Trying to go to TG District & my apt I ended up in, variously, Viarosso, a TH apartment, a Storage Cell, the TH vendors, Plaza 1 (I had enough stealth time remaining after I arrived to *just* make it tou of the zone), Storage Cell again.
At this point elevators stopped working entirely for me, so I am stuck in this guy's cell for the night.

And he hasn't even got any beer I can steal :(

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 02:47
Get them all back dont ya ?

ROFL. No. Not in the slightest.

- I got no clue what server your playing on

Not anymore. Blizzard is one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with.

Only God knows why so many people use their products.

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 02:47
Let's hope there's a full apartment rollback, hopefully the stuff I got out for my monk will get duplicated like the last rollback... "duuuplicate good things come on" (ewww Kool And The Gang, nasty). :)
Last time it was only really the apartments that were screwed. The rest of the database was accessible and accurate, albeit very slow and laggy. On this occasion, it looks like some character data is corrupted and the OP scene is a mess, so world data could be affected too.

I don't know how these things work, but my gut feeling is that an appy rollback isn't gonna get us out of this one :(

Tarn
10-01-06, 02:48
O Rly?

Dromidas
10-01-06, 02:49
Great :P I wonder if I'm going crazy like Lain from Serial Experiments.. the first day I got into the dark and light beta their servers get hacked so bad they're down for a week and a half.. now today is the first day I reactivated my account in 15 months and the server goes crazy :P
Insane split personality disorder hacker takes over :confused:

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 02:52
O Rly?
Ya Rly

Skusty
10-01-06, 02:55
Ya Rly
Nowai!

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 02:59
Nowai!Ya Wai

Look... i know we're bored.. but don't make me start the noughts and crosses again :p

Skusty
10-01-06, 03:00
Ya Wai

Look... i know we're bored.. but don't make me start the noughts and crosses again :p
Help me spam " The apocalypse is upon us " And " The lord has given up on us. " on alliance. :p

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 03:03
Nah, im logged out. There's nothing to do. Most of my chars are trapped in their apartments. The ones that aren't don't wanna level cause i probably won't gain anything in fear of the "R" word. The other one is sneakily logged out in Cycrow UG ready to cause havoc tomorrow on the offchance that he might still be there tomorrow when all this is fixed.

Skusty
10-01-06, 03:10
Mobspawn seems to be slow, iwasin crahnchurch in pp3 for like 10mins, then suddenly they spawned and killed me.

Rage
10-01-06, 03:24
Chaos :wtf: man.i bet something.bad happens

Tauan
10-01-06, 03:29
We are gona have more rollbacks then Wal*Mart after christmas

unreal
10-01-06, 03:45
Last time it was only really the apartments that were screwed. The rest of the database was accessible and accurate, albeit very slow and laggy. On this occasion, it looks like some character data is corrupted and the OP scene is a mess, so world data could be affected too.

I don't know how these things work, but my gut feeling is that an appy rollback isn't gonna get us out of this one :(I never said just an apartment rollback, just said I hoped there would be one included with everything else. I guess you weren't around when I listed all the things of mine that got duplicated (*rubs the nice and shiny expensive psi implant*) in the last rollback ;)

Demental
10-01-06, 03:46
So is there an official word on this yet, or are they just gonna ignore us until we all fall asleep outta boredom? :wtf:

Odin
10-01-06, 03:48
So is there an official word on this yet, or are they just gonna ignore us until we all fall asleep outta boredom? :wtf:

It's most likely not going to be fixable until they get up in the morning. No one's reachable right now.

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 03:49
EDIT- Odin, you hit post reply about 2 seconds before I did, sorry.

Demental
10-01-06, 03:49
It's most likely not going to be fixable until they get up in the morning. No one's reachable right now.

Thanks alot ;) that's all I wanted to know.

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 03:50
Give an official word please!!! I have been having these problems for over 3 days now and I don't want to do any more work for you to roll back today! GIVE AN OFFICIAL WORD, NOW!!!

It's 2am.

People, please get a sense of perspective; not everyone in the working world will be awake at this point.

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 03:51
It's 2am.

People, please get a sense of perspective; not everyone in the working world will be awake at this point.

I pay to play, therefore, they need to fix the problems with the game when they arrise. Other companies do, KK should too.

Demental
10-01-06, 03:51
8 PM where I live so I got a night of PS2 playing ahead of me since I wont bother playing 'cron while there might be a possible rollback coming. Regardless i'm glad we have an official word on an estimated time for it to be fixed at least.

*flips on the ps2 to grind away on a good ol' console rpg*

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 03:58
8 PM where I live so I got a night of PS2 playing ahead of me since I wont bother playing 'cron while there might be a possible rollback coming. Regardless i'm glad we have an official word on an estimated time for it to be fixed at least.

*flips on the ps2 to grind away on a good ol' console rpg*

Ditto. :( Not much of a problem for the people in Europe as it will most likely be fixed when you log on tomorrow. Me? I can't play for risk of loosing my stuff.

BTW- Thx for the info Odin. At least now I know to not waste my time.

sanityislost
10-01-06, 04:00

Thats cool, thanx for the info dude.

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 04:07
I pay to play, therefore, they need to fix the problems with the game when they arrise. Other companies do, KK should too.

Unless other European based companies with fifteen employees consistantly fix server issues at 2am in the morning, that's a poor argument to make.

You don't pay to play, by the way; only to connect to the server, which you can do so.

RentonDraines
10-01-06, 04:21
i have to disagree, paperdragon. This game cannot be played offline (excepting, of course, the offline tutorial if it works) therefore, we pay to play. As for the 2am thing, yes other companies have people 24/7 to deal with just such types of problems.

My brother is a sysadmin for a lawyers' office, and he's on 24/7 call .. that is, the servers call him! and that's a lawyers' office that only works 8 hours a day. There is no excuse for a game that runs 24 hours not to have at least someone on call for these problems.

This game has been running for years now. This is KK's main (if only?) source of income. It won't drive me away but it could and has driven others away. Understanding their situation is one thing. Apologizing for it is called codependence.

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 04:27
i have to disagree, paperdragon. This game cannot be played offline (excepting, of course, the offline tutorial if it works) therefore, we pay to play. As for the 2am thing, yes other companies have people 24/7 to deal with just such types of problems.

Once again, no we don't; technically we only pay for connection to the servers. That's it. We can connect to the servers, so saying "we pay to play" is not a decent argument.

It irritates me almost as much as when people clamour about Freedom of Speech.

My brother is a sysadmin for a lawyers' office, and he's on 24/7 call .. that is, the servers call him! and that's a lawyers' office that only works 8 hours a day. There is no excuse for a game that runs 24 hours not to have at least someone on call for these problems.

Perhaps you missed where Odin clearly said they have been unable to contact anyone? How can you blame Reakktor when they're not the ones who aren't on call?

This game has been running for years now. This is KK's main (if only?) source of income. It won't drive me away but it could and has driven others away. Understanding their situation is one thing. Apologizing for it is called codependence.

I prefer to look at it as putting things into perspective. With the way some people go on, you'd think they had nothing else to do with their life.

If this was a six day a week thing, ala WoW, then yes; slandering and flaming KK would be understandable. A few hours? Good grief. Get out there and live, people.

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 04:31
Unless other European based companies with fifteen employees consistantly fix server issues at 2am in the morning, that's a poor argument to make.

You don't pay to play, by the way; only to connect to the server, which you can do so.

I pay for the game to be maintained and function properly, for new content to be added, and for the storyline to be advanced. Right now I can connect and no, the game isn't working properly. Its in the agreement that they will provide a stable server for us to play on in exchange for money. I don't see where my argument is poor...

The thing is, these problems don't happen too often, so for them to fix it at an awkward time once in a while shouldn't be that big of a deal. I mean, there is a lot of people's work on the line. My concern seems acceptable to me.

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 04:34
I pay for the game to be maintained and function properly, for new content to be added, and for the storyline to be advanced. Right now I can connect and no, the game isn't working properly. Its in the agreement that they will provide a stable server for us to play on in exchange for money. I don't see where my argument is poor...

Your original argument was poor; namely that you pay to play, when you only pay to connect. ;)

We pay to connect to the servers. Once we pay, the money becomes Reakktor's and they funnel into areas of development. At that point it isn't our money paying for it, it's theirs.

We pay, what, £8 a month? A few days play and you've already got your money's worth.

The thing is, these problems don't happen too often, so for them to fix it at an awkward time once in a while shouldn't be that big of a deal. I mean, there is a lot of people's work on the line. My concern seems acceptable to me.

You contradict yourself. If they don't happen too often, how can they fix it immediatly?

Your concern isn't acceptable; you're bitching at Reakktor, when they've done what they can. Complain at the people responsible for maintaining the servers, not the people responsible for developing the game.

If you're unable to handle a few hours away from Neocron, well....

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 04:37
Once again, no we don't; technically we only pay for connection to the servers. That's it. We can connect to the servers, so saying "we pay to play" is not a decent argument.

Whoa, ok. So we pay for the connection to the server. Fine, I'll concede that. But the game can't be played when the server is acting up, because the connection is flawed. Yeah I can connect, but I'm not recieving all the packets I should be, therefore, I'm paying for a connection that isn't being maintained.

And your argument is flawed because we are paying for the connection which is required to play the game, therefore, we pay to play.

RentonDraines
10-01-06, 04:40

i'm not sure what the current situation has to do with this difference of opinion. You cannot play neocron without paying. Therefore, you pay to play, regardless of whether or not the servers are up.

Perhaps you missed where Odin clearly said they have been unable to contact anyone? How can you blame Reakktor when they're not the ones who aren't on call?

Yes, I did. I was responding to your post. If Reakktor is unable to contact their providers, all I can say to that is... Time to do some shopping.

I prefer to look at it as putting things into perspective. With the way some people go on, you'd think they had nothing else to do with their life.

Unfortunately, games like these become peoples' lives. I admit I didn't read every post in this thread, and I can imagine all the "KK MUST PAY ME" posts that have arrisen. Honestly, I saw the thread title and scanned it to see what was going on. What I have grasped is: servers went fubar, and people are unhappy about it. We do pay, regardless of whether you call it "pay to play" or "pay to connect." We don't pay by the hour, so therefore if there's a problem with the game, we're not getting what we believe we're paying for.

If this was a six day a week thing, ala WoW, then yes; slandering and flaming KK would be understandable. A few hours? Good grief. Get out there and live, people.

Never played wow, but i do know it's one of the most popular mmo's on the planet. Sadly, Neocron isn't. I'm not trying to say anything by that, except to repeat my earlier comment that these kinds of problems don't help the playerbase.

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 04:46
Your original argument was poor; namely that you pay to play, when you only pay to connect. ;)

A connection that is required to play the game = I pay to play.

i'm not sure what the current situation has to do with this difference of opinion. You cannot play neocron without paying. Therefore, you pay to play, regardless of whether or not the servers are up.

I have a person who agrees with me...

We pay, what, £8 a month? A few days play and you've already got your money's worth.

You are assuming I get to play a few days. I have an irradic work schedule, so for a service I pay for, I expect it to work when I am available to use it.

You contradict yourself. If they don't happen too often, how can they fix it immediatly?
By having a person on call 24/7? That way when it does happen, it can be fixed. TBH if KK isn't paying for this service from their server company, it should be changed, immediately. It is poor business on their part to not insist on such a service that would seem to be required at this point in time and, more than likely, in the future as well.

Your concern isn't acceptable; you're bitching at Reakktor, when they've done what they can. Complain at the people responsible for maintaining the servers, not the people responsible for developing the game.
But reakktor is responsible for telling me "Oops servers are screwed, we'll be on it tomorrow", which was my original concern, and it had been addressed by them. And I don't see where KK isn't responsible to their customers. As I have already pointed out, the connection and the server are interconnected services, which makes KK partialy responsible when something goes wrong.

If you're unable to handle a few hours away from Neocron, well....
I already mentioned that I'm not playing Neocron tonight, so, this flame at me wasn't needed.

al capone
10-01-06, 05:02
paperdragon have broken the server with her face :p
now hes breaked too :p :D lmao

kurai
10-01-06, 05:17
I'd bet a very considerable sum that Odin was saying they were unable to contact any *KK* person capable of fixing the problem, *not* someone at the Level3 ops centre.

Hosting providers supply power and connectivity infrastructure, sometimes hardware, and in some cases, base software OS/platforms - and the 24/7 support of those elements. They do this with Service Level Agreements that have exceedingly harsh non-compliance penalties.

What they do *not* provide is support of custom application stuff running on the hosted equipment.

The nature of the issues looks almost certainly to be the Neocron codebase and it's back end software systems, not infrastructure/connectivity failure - therefore not Level3's problem.

That said - presumably KK have a nominated person `on call` to respond to these sorts of situations. Not being able to reach them, or indeed anyone else capable of fixing it isn't terribly impressive.

Seven
10-01-06, 05:50
Glad I left.

nEo-1664
10-01-06, 05:54
merge it with the bigger thread lol :P

Dan Szeen
10-01-06, 06:18
I'm stuck in my apartment and can't get out! I'm considering the window... hmmm...

unreal
10-01-06, 06:26
I find it interesting that Paper Dragon is actually trying to find piss poor excuses for Reakktor's non-stop problems.
Your original argument was poor; namely that you pay to play, when you only pay to connect.
A connection that is required to play the game = I pay to play.Well said. Personally I find Paper Dragon a joke. I could spend all day smacking him round the face with his retarded quotes.

Foo
10-01-06, 06:28
paper dragon is KK's no#1 fanboi , he/she will defend KK no matter what .

elGringo
10-01-06, 06:59
he/she/it is right with the statement that you actually pay for receiving WHATEVER KK OFFERS ON THE SERVER - which - CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGES OF ANY KIND (!) - "your" characters and items are PROPERTY OF KK as well....

apart from that legal truth... everyone, even paperdragon, will agree that it is not exactly a pleasent thing to happen.
I can accept that some issues take a while to get resolved. I can accept & understand that a small dev-team where only very few are able to fix serious tech issues needs a lil longer. I can even understand that they sleep at night instead of messing with the servers half-dreaming...and I dont mind a few hours without NC .. there's other things :)
The thing I dont quite agree with is the way KK deals with this kind of inconvineance in terms of customer-relations. 7-8h and yet not a single note on the issue (a "sorry, we'll fix it first thing tomorrow" would've served me). I think KK should show us that they _do_ bother and that its not like they dont give a shit wether the players get frustrated or not.

but then.. I must say, that KK recently stepped up concerning this. The last rollback was not a global rollback, but just a partial rollback... a thing KK wouldn't do earlier, but deceided to consider in order to minimise the impact to players... let's wait and see what this really is and what can be done to fix it in a smooth way.

I'd bet a very considerable sum that Odin was saying they were unable to contact any *KK* person capable of fixing the problem, *not* someone at the Level3 ops centre.

I'm pretty sure you'd be better off to not bet any money on that :)
As far as I recall it correct, some on-site dev stated things took longer due to holidays/staff shortage / some kind of issue ->at the datacenter<-.

kurai
10-01-06, 07:18
I'm pretty sure you'd be better off to not bet any money on that :)
As far as I recall it correct, some on-site dev stated things took longer due to holidays/staff shortage / some kind of issue ->at the datacenter<-.I spend half my life dealing with data centres the world over [including Level3 and subsidiaries], in one way or another.

I'd be utterly astonished if that was true.

IceStorm
10-01-06, 07:20
Wow. You'd think this was the first time the severs took a dump and KK left it until morning, or the following day, or several days later...

Go play 360. You all know you have one and you'd rather be outrunning the cops in NFS MW sitting in a comfy chair planted in front of a big screen TV than huddled over a computer shooting Warbots.

whooplaw
10-01-06, 07:23
Have the server woes been fixed? i am not logging in til i see that they are.

Spoon
10-01-06, 07:28
Google Search>Reakktor Customer Service>"I'm Feeling Lucky" Search

:eek:

What time is it in Deutschland anyway?

kurai
10-01-06, 07:34
What time is it in Deutschland anyway?You could use Google to find a funny pot-luck, but not a timezone difference ?

O.....K :rolleyes:

Anyway ... 6.30 am :p

[Edit: As an aside ... noticed the following on the VIII. Warranty & Liability section of the main site (http://launcher.neocron.com/index.php?module=agb&VERSION=&LANG=&IP=&PORT=&) :-

"The Neocron 2 service will be available about 95% of the time during a calendar quarter. Additional maintencance downtimes will amount to a maximum of 4 days per year."

They actually achieve a fuck of a lot better than the stated 95% uptime target, to be fair.]

elGringo
10-01-06, 07:35
6:36 am
..guess we'll get a first statement shortly. ;)

Dan Szeen
10-01-06, 07:56
They go to work at 6:30 am!? :eek:

Whitestuff
10-01-06, 08:12
[Edit: As an aside ... noticed the following on the VIII. Warranty & Liability section of the main site (http://launcher.neocron.com/index.php?module=agb&VERSION=&LANG=&IP=&PORT=&) :-

"The Neocron 2 service will be available about 95% of the time during a calendar quarter. Additional maintencance downtimes will amount to a maximum of 4 days per year."

They actually achieve a fuck of a lot better than the stated 95% uptime target, to be fair.]
I agree, KK does a great job. My argument was mainly with Paper Dragon making my "2 second too late post" into an "I hate KK and all they stand for" kind of a thing.

I'm glad Odin was on to say the official "fix tomorrow" kind of stuff, and even thanked him afterward. Having been around a while, I know the rough time will pass, I just wanted to check and see if KK was going to say anything before 8am in Germany rolls around, and thanks to Odin, they did.

sanityislost
10-01-06, 08:41

Yea gotta agree with ya there, mostly there servers are working
damn good....every now and then there are some problems...but
every game has that. I think they main problem is, this game is
so damn addictive, that most players cant even handle a night
without neocron (im one of them tbh)...But really that isnt
a problem, we should really thank those sexy bitches at KK for making it :D

im not a fanboi but i gotta give credit where it is due, oh and btw if this
makes no sense sorry im fuckin wasted

CMaster
10-01-06, 10:10
As we're seeing now though, theres more to it than pure uptimes. (but yes, when I hear about WoW server stabilitiy compared to NCs - I know what game seems more professional). I AM suprised noone could be roused for this, mind.

Jagrfelm
10-01-06, 10:25
Well, seems like the Servers are still down, cant even start the Neocron Launcher. And its nearly 09:30 am here in Austria.

sanityislost
10-01-06, 10:27
Well, seems like the Servers are still down, cant even start the Neocron Launcher. And its nearly 09:30 am here in Austria.

Yar the kk ppl are just getting into wok, prolly still need some time to work out
wtf is going wrong.....i think you should get really drunk

IceStorm
10-01-06, 10:35
I AM suprised noone could be roused for this, mind.Oh come on. You registration date shows you were here for the disaster that was Xmas 2004. You know they won't get up in the middle of the night for this stuff.

sanityislost
10-01-06, 10:41
Oh come on. You registration date shows you were here for the disaster that was Xmas 2004. You know they won't get up in the middle of the night for this stuff.

i think you should get drunk also, really everyone who plays neocron should get drunk :D :D

no fun being drunk alone and ive been to all the vent servers i know so far :/

Jagrfelm
10-01-06, 10:57
He, sorry, gotta go to Work in 2 Hours, so, no sense bein drunk (although it may be fun :D)

sanityislost
10-01-06, 10:59
He, sorry, gotta go to Work in 2 Hours, so, no sense bein drunk (although it may be fun :D)

heh damn joo :P

SorkZmok
10-01-06, 11:17
i think you should get drunk also, really everyone who plays neocron should get drunk :D :D

no fun being drunk alone and ive been to all the vent servers i know so far :/

SiL ..:..Hah, that's one of the things i miss the most at the moment...being on vent, drunk. Talking crap, telling jokes, going mad when i die raiding CRP, insulting nobby, i so need to get a better connection! :lol:

And that new sig looks sweet, sil! :)

Brammers
10-01-06, 11:24
*Skips past pages of intense and detailed discussion from Paper Dragon* You like to discuss things to the detail don't you?

Lets just hope the damage is not too bad. Logged on last night to be getting a random team invite from no-one I know, citycom crashing the PC, and the help channel going mad, apartments going mad.

Logged off and did some other stuff instead.

sanityislost
10-01-06, 11:27
Hah, that's one of the things i miss the most at the moment...being on vent, drunk. Talking crap, telling jokes, going mad when i die raiding CRP, insulting nobby, i so need to get a better connection! :lol:

And that new sig looks sweet, sil! :)

heh thanx.

heck i wasnt in phaze when nobby was there but i still take time out to insult
and kill him whenever.....we really need to get on vent together dude.

Plus i wana ask you about pistol spy's , got a lil droner im thinking about
lomming when he is over capped :D

RusSki
10-01-06, 11:30
I take it the server is still screwed atm? or did they take it offline?

Not too worried as i'm at work for another 7 hours, just hope its fixed by the time i get home.

Places to go ppl to kill :)

And happy birthday SIL :D

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 11:33
Thread merged.

N

FarSight
10-01-06, 11:34
my app is empty ... no cabs etc ... world rollback will be for sure imo

Pantho
10-01-06, 12:00
I jsut saw an anouncment saying the Servers are now offline?

anyone now whats going to happen yet.... Weee Storm Bots- Help us all

In 1 way i got 4 con- 2 dex levels on my main and about 15 Techs, But with random deaths i lost 4 quickbelts in plaza 1 - With some Armour in and a DB...

So either way rollback or not, i lose :/

Jagrfelm
10-01-06, 12:03
Servers are pretty sure, still offline or something like that. Still cant even start the Launcher. 11 a.m. in Austria/Germany.

Brammers
10-01-06, 12:10
Servers are pretty sure, still offline or something like that. Still cant even start the Launcher. 11 a.m. in Austria/Germany.

See http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&announcementid=259

All servers will be shutdown for maintenance at 11:00 GMT+1 for about 20 minutes. We thank you for your understanding.

Jagrfelm
10-01-06, 12:21
So the Servers will get shut down at 11 a.m. for 20 mins. EVERY Day till 10.02.06??? 8|

RusSki
10-01-06, 12:22
Cool, i hope someone posts up what the results of the maintenance are as i cant get on to find out for myself

Brammers
10-01-06, 12:30
So the Servers will get shut down at 11 a.m. for 20 mins. EVERY Day till 10.02.06??? 8|

LOL! Think you have to know KK to know they mean today only, and Snowcrash forgot to change the enddate.

elem3nt[]
10-01-06, 12:47
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LTA
10-01-06, 12:49
Even still i wouldnt complain at 20 mins a day if it meant things where a bit more stable thx to a restart and cleanup each day.... 20 mins isnt a killer downtime compared to some... ffxi has what a good 8 hours downtime once a month and it always falls on the uk peak time because they do it early hours of japanese time so there play isnt the worse effected.
wow is like an hour once a week so i think 20 mins a day would be good for nc especially as the build up of rare maintenece does these kinda things.

BombShell
10-01-06, 12:52
Everything in my appy is gone

naimex
10-01-06, 13:00
how about this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=131558)

Spermy
10-01-06, 13:02

I Am Not Happy!

Heh - yer in phaze eh? Are you sure Thats why yer not happy? :p

Kozmos
10-01-06, 13:02
my apps are all ok O_o

elem3nt[]
10-01-06, 13:03
How about you stop merging post and tell us whats going on ;)

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 13:07
Thread merged.

N

Spermy
10-01-06, 13:11
O Rly?

http://sokar.cwru.edu/images/yarly.jpg

Brammers
10-01-06, 13:47
Anyone want to tell me what's happened to Terra? Or is it still down?

Bugs Gunny
10-01-06, 13:50
It's up again.
Seems like it was a normal reboot, but a lot of people are missing their appartements still, so maybe they will have to do an appartement rollback yet.

Destino
10-01-06, 14:07
I'm a little confused here.

Confused by KK. No working in progress messages, no "status restored" messages, no apologies messages. Nothing. Just "Thread Merged" :(

calim
10-01-06, 14:20
maybe they don't know what has happened ...

Destino
10-01-06, 14:26
maybe they don't know what has happened ...

So, something like "We apologize for the problem, we are investigating on it" would be enough.

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 14:26
Does anyone still have a problem after the reboot? Please post here if you do.

N

Skusty
10-01-06, 14:33
No problems here, only in baseapps i lost like 20k furniture, otherwise, all stil here. I did't loose any important stuff.

RusSki
10-01-06, 14:42
But apart from the 'maintainence' message there has been no word as such officially as to what happened, why, and what they did/are gonna do to fix. I'm at work and cant get online. Whejn i do i'll check everything and post here after putting in a ticket :)

Does anyone still have a problem after the reboot? Please post here if you do.

N

heya man, so it was only a reboot that was needed? no db errors or anything more sinister?

EDIT > ok np thanx nid. hope all is well

Pantho
10-01-06, 14:50
but WAIT, People have lose items From there inventory

Or had items magically spawn? doesnt this mean we should have had a rollback

(Oh and hey brammers long time no see, though u probly dont remember me, lol)

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 14:52
heya man, so it was only a reboot that was needed? no db errors or anything more sinister?

That's what we're trying to determine. Posting that you're worried there might be a problem isn't helpful I'm afraid; we need to know if there actually is one.

N

/edit - Pantho, your post isn't helpful either because it's not real information.

@everyone - only post if you are sure that you have a problem and that you've created an in-game call-ticket to back it up. Thanks.

Foo
10-01-06, 15:06
All My App is empty . The trophys i had in hallway gone / Mc5 Cab gone / imps gone all cabs empty / techs / rares gone , u name it GONE. FFS do a apparment reset again plz , i want my shit back .

msressi
:mad: Well not funny, I am clanless (even though I am supposed to be chairwoman of FA). All our appts are empty (inclusing 8 storage units full of imps/armor/weaps/spells/tools) and it just synched me God knows where.
Well, maybe KK knows where I am at, but since I am most likely dead by now I am very upset
When will this be fixed ?? And of course I am sure that none of the vanished items (vanished because of no fault of ours) will not be replaced :mad:

bwallyks
not sure about that in-game call ticket thing....

but me and my friends clan appt. has been wiped clean.
it was an unfurnished TT clan appt. with a bit of furniture and about 15 trophys and cabinets with various item.

well, hope you get aroud to fixeing it atsome time

Ashanti
10-01-06, 15:10
there is progress. last night i was trapped between apartment door and lift. now i have access to our clanap again. unfortunatly it is totally empty :wtf: send a ticket but wont stay online to wait for an answer. hope u find the error soon as i have only 3 more days of holiday :rolleyes:

Brammers
10-01-06, 15:20
*Send's someone from Phoenix to have check on things* Someone will post here if there is problems.

@ Pantho - Sorry nope, don't remeber who you are! Send me a PM.

Pantho
10-01-06, 15:23
Sorry _ More info

Last night during the Problems my Charecter died in Battale dome (My fault - WB Spawn while hack)

I GR'd to Plaza- Memorial (The Medi-care one)

It instagibbed me, so i went to my app. Wait for SI, then GR'd to plaza - center (plaza2) But it didnt send me anywhere i died on the SPOT. In the end i lost about 4 belts, from Random deaths

I went to my app and plaza 1 to retreive them, but they said it belongs to a player named (Kumato) <-- Maybe different spelling... SO i could not retreive my belt..

Only 1 tech part and a few bits of armour gone, but its not the point.

On a side not-- Some people have had a 5 slot item appear in there quickbelt, <--- Not small items 5 slot rares :/

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 15:24
not sure about that in-game call ticket thing....

but me and my friends clan appt. has been wiped clean.
it was an unfurnished TT clan appt. with a bit of furniture and about 15 trophys and cabinets with various item.

well, hope you get aroud to fixeing it atsome time
You must create a call ticket. It looks like there were some serious problems for a small number of people so it's unlikely that there will be a general rollback (though I'm not ruling out that possibility). Therefore if you don't let us know you have a problem it has a very small chance of actually being solved. By tell us I mean create a call ticket.

N

Pantho
10-01-06, 15:26
I will create one as soon as i get back on my home pc.

Does it need to be made now or can it wait about hmm 8 hours :/

(At my work PC atm)

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 15:30
Just create it as soon as you can.

N

Foo
10-01-06, 15:32
You must create a call ticket. It looks like there were some serious problems for a small number of people so it's unlikely that there will be a general rollback (though I'm not ruling out that possibility). Therefore if you don't let us know you have a problem it has a very small chance of actually being solved. By tell us I mean create a call ticket.

N

tbh if u guys replace everything i have lost im not bothered if u dont rollback.

Just want my hard earned rares/techs/mc5-techs mc5-imps / the shit load of tank items i just got sorted last night (Damm why did i have to watch that damm pvp movie that made me wanna make a tank) / the ncpd cpu that i got last night (did quest about 6-7pm gmt).

/edit yes i have made a ticket already.

Ashanti
10-01-06, 15:33
cmon. there where about 20 players waiting before me. so the only way is to wait some hours ingame?

Pantho
10-01-06, 15:36
lol, Whish i could go home make the ticket

When i come back in 8 hours it probly will be answered.... well soon after lol

LTA
10-01-06, 15:56
Queue millions of tickets.... claiming excess shit/shit never had etc etc

I think if they aint rolling back they gotta look over there db copy unfair that peeps would get stuff back now when i know of a fair few clans who lost there inventories and got like 300k back if they were lucky.

Spermy
10-01-06, 16:13
Queue millions of tickets.... claiming excess shit/shit never had etc etc

I think if they aint rolling back they gotta look over there db copy unfair that peeps would get stuff back now when i know of a fair few clans who lost there inventories and got like 300k back if they were lucky.

To be honest with the venom in this community, what with everyone taking teh piss when they lose shit due to stuff ups, It's the best way. There's no real way to prove anything, and I'm against the majority losing any work they've done just because teh minority need a rollback.

Not that I'm saying they should be shafted.

Bugs Gunny
10-01-06, 16:16
They should roll back the appartements alone, just like they did last time.

Spermy
10-01-06, 16:18

As a last resort. I just spent more money on our rares system. That money don't get rolled back into the clan bank. I'd like to knwo in advance if there is, so I can undo what I did.

elGringo
10-01-06, 16:19

different situation ... would be remembered as the dupe of the millenium, dont you think?

Napalm82
10-01-06, 16:25
Well, wrote a ticket, but it seems we're all number 1 in the qeue so theres some doubt if the in-game tickets even work.

Has anybody gotten through to a GM yet?

- Nap

Ashanti
10-01-06, 16:29
yep we are all number one. even if it works in the end, are we really supposed to wait for hours without any idea how long it will take? please

Foo
10-01-06, 16:36
I goto ask does MARS/MERCURY/NEPTUNE suffer with this shit ? app's reseting to default , items just vanishing , server going fucked up?

unreal
10-01-06, 16:45
Yeah Foo, it seems apartments belonging to certain characters have been wiped. My tradeskiller (Unreal)'s apps are fine (thank fuck for that), but I logged on my monk and his bought level 3 plaza 1 apartment is completely wiped, along with all my expensive fucking items. I'm about to log onto my PE and my other spy and see if more of my shit is gone. If they don't do anything about this I think there will be another cutdown in players. Especially the ones who just resubscribed.

Redburn
10-01-06, 16:45
Clan apartment empty of everything only not gone is GR, submitted ticket not sure when clan leader will be online to submit one.

Spermy
10-01-06, 16:52
Hrrm... Thinking about it then, an appt rollback seems to fix at least some of the issues we have.

Gawd, I'm switching sides Like a flipping... side... switching...

thing...

Dead Bodies
10-01-06, 16:54
Just create it as soon as you can.

N

im still fooked nidd i cannot creat tickets my name is apparently 11-16 depending on the charactor and the tickets wont go through i get runtimes when i achess citycom or the request ticket.. i still cant seem to zone on my ppu any any of my alts cannot achess the clan appy or the cabbs.......

Drake6k
10-01-06, 17:03
I'm doing ok, my apartment is full still and nothing is strange. I didn't login during the worst of it.

I would like to be told if its ok to level or not.. I would hate to play today then get rolled back :rolleyes: I didn't play at all yesterday because of this.

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:08
Shutdown - 10 Mins.

Ashanti
10-01-06, 17:09
server down in 10 mins. looks like they go to work. hope they get it fixed i can tell u

Skusty
10-01-06, 17:11
Please only apartment rollback. :angel:

Z0m81e
10-01-06, 17:16
See announcements forum, I think its a full rollback.

AfterGlow

Skusty
10-01-06, 17:17
NOOO! NOOO! I came to next for free! NO FUCK NO! I have to go to gaiamine again! >.<

Spoon
10-01-06, 17:19
Yeah, 25 hour rollback...

Mescaline
10-01-06, 17:19
sry my englisch is hawfull

All my apartement are ok ,
EXEPT one , 'Mesca tsc' 's apartement = empty
This one content all my rare pistol - Exept liby and wayat earp.
=> Slacher, Executioner, Judge, Ray of the last hope and Beam of hell

pistols 'come from' NC2/Pandore with 'Mescaline' 's transfert.
If is it possible to verify and recover pistol
or rollback 'mesca tsc' 's apartement.
this day : the rollback of this apartement = Bug/empty

yesterday 'mesca tsc' are the character active when the server bug

MeWhiteWolf
10-01-06, 17:20
so terra isn't really new hardware is it?? this all seems strangely familiar to me.
i seem to remember another server pre nc1 that had, well this kinda stuff happening alot....
just moved back to terra this week, real glad i bothered...

Foo
10-01-06, 17:21
launcher says says its getting Data rollback to yesterday afternoon , which means i prob wont of lost much if anything , but one thing tho , i did the ncpd quest around 5-7pm gmt yesterday , wondering if this rollback will reset the quest so i can redo ? or will i be fecked and imp gone and i cant redo quest.

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 17:22
Yes, we've realised that the safest option is to perform the rollback. This will naturally be a relief to some and a huge annoyance to others, for which we apologise.

N

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 17:22
During the downtime....

TFC cordially invites all Terrans to an MC5 party on Mars.

The LEs are out!!! Come make your Terra chars over here!!!

Cya at the GR ;)

unreal
10-01-06, 17:23
lol, Hopefully this means my monk will go back to 100SL and 100TT symp. Can't remember when I accidentally killed xnipe in the aggie cellar, but hopefully it was after 5pm :P

Bugs Gunny
10-01-06, 17:23
Is it just appartements or a full server reroll?

Skusty
10-01-06, 17:24
Yes, we've realised that the safest option is to perform the rollback. This will naturally be a relief to some and a huge annoyance to others, for which we apologise.

N
You owe me 300k and a pputo go to gaia with!

Drake6k
Yay!!! I can play again =) !!!

Foo
Can't remember when I Decided To Test The newbies Resists And killed xnipe in the aggie cellar,

Corrected ;)

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:31
Always happens after I make a payment, as if to say - "now we have the money....

KAPOW!"

Mebbe I should pretend to pay, wait and see what happens, and pay when I know it's safe :D

cRazy-
10-01-06, 17:32
is a load of fucking shit.

I dont believe we get these dumb rollbacks and no compensation, now I rememeber why I quit neocron in the first place.

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 17:33
Is it just appartements or a full server reroll?
It's a full rollback; characters and apartments.

N

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 17:33
"These" rollbacks? As far as I remember, it's the first we've had in a while. o_O

While I dislike the servers going down, I do feel - at the end of the day - people were just asking to get bitten on the arse if they continued playing when the server issues began.

When things started going haywire, I went to play something else; as a result, my personal losses were minimal.

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:34
When did you guys last upgrade the equipment/software for running the servers/database etc?

Been a long time since I read anything about this... Last I recall It was to coincide with NC2 - and even then I'm not even sure if that's in my head...

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 17:35
Thread merged.

N

cRazy-
Read, its been rolled back to monday, I spend all of that day levelling my con and now its been put right back down.

Its a joke.

berserk1980
heh i am going to lose a level or 2....its ok but they should compensate us...maybe with a teddybear or something! :)

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:36
It's a full rollback; characters and apartments.

N

For pity's sake.

Ashanti
10-01-06, 17:38
"These" rollbacks? As far as I remember, it's the first we've had in a while. o_O

While I dislike the servers going down, I do feel - at the end of the day - people were just asking to get bitten on the arse if they continued playing when the server issues began.

When things started going haywire, I went to play something else; as a result, my personal losses were minimal.

so did i. it worked ^^

unreal
10-01-06, 17:39
"These" rollbacks? As far as I remember, it's the first we've had in a while. o_OThe last one was just after the Evolution patch was added. Give the idiotic posts a rest?

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:41
Fine - I'll post on topic here instead seeing as the thread was deleted.

When was the last time KK upgraded it's server and database hardware/software?

As I can vaguely remember something around about NC2 time, but I'm not sure.

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 17:44
Give the idiotic posts a rest?

Take your own advice.

I fail to see how posting in response to a "FUCK YOU KK OMG I SHOULD QUIT AGAIN" thread is terrible? Heck, I even gave advice; namely don't play when the server's going tits up.

As I said, I don't like it when the servers go down, but anyone who continues to play during a period where the servers have gone completely nuts deserve what's coming to them.

Foo
10-01-06, 17:46
:( :( Oh Well i cant even double check to see whats i got and what i havent got anymore . >http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/7717/owned9lm.jpg

:S tho the acc did expire on the 7th ^^ so cant realy complain ;) , now goto wait for splash to come before i can log on to check.

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:49
So.. why am I fucked now? There's cabs missing in the SSX rares Appt... Cabs that were there before i shuffled.

:rolleyes:

Rares can be collected again, not that I'm chuffed to bits. But I'm annoyed that now I have to catalogue all of them to update the RPLE with what we're now missing.

Mescaline
10-01-06, 18:06
perfect

after downtime, all apartements are full now
thks

Odin
10-01-06, 18:07
So.. why am I fucked now? There's cabs missing in the SSX rares Appt... Cabs that were there before i shuffled.

:rolleyes:

Rares can be collected again, not that I'm chuffed to bits. But I'm annoyed that now I have to catalogue all of them to update the RPLE with what we're now missing.

It was a full rollback (character also). Everything should be like it was at the rollback point.

Nidhogg
10-01-06, 18:07
Fine - I'll post on topic here instead seeing as the thread was deleted.

When was the last time KK upgraded it's server and database hardware/software?

As I can vaguely remember something around about NC2 time, but I'm not sure.
It wasn't deleted, it was merged into this one (if you care to look back - always do a search before crying delete). Software is kept patched to recommended levels. Hardware is maintained for us by a third party and we have an SLA with them to ensure that it is available 24x7 (within reasonable limits).

N

Spermy
10-01-06, 18:14
It was a full rollback (character also). Everything should be like it was at the rollback point.

Woot. Alhough this appt has caused allsorts of issues before.

LTA
10-01-06, 18:30

N

so people get rolled back because they got corrupted and i have to suffer and loose everything i gained yesterday evening (which was around 400k and a rhino and severl parts, 8 str, lomed int and new sets of imps and a 5 slot laser cannon which i can provide screenshots of freshly cst'd to proove but i doubt i will get that back)....

Thanks, i like suffering at the expense of others YET AGAIN!

Brammers
10-01-06, 18:42
so people get rolled back because they got corrupted and i have to suffer and loose everything i gained yesterday evening (which was around 400k and a rhino and severl parts, 8 str, lomed int and new sets of imps and a 5 slot laser cannon which i can provide screenshots of freshly cst'd to proove but i doubt i will get that back)....

Thanks, i like suffering at the expense of others YET AGAIN!

So are the rest of the people in this thread who lost stuff in the 4 hours between the backup and screwup - you are not alone.

What I like to know, is why people keep on playing when they know the server has gone tits up, and there is a risk of a rollback of some sort. (I'm not saying you was playing after everything screwed up btw)

During the downtime....

TFC cordially invites all Terrans to an MC5 party on Mars.

The LEs are out!!! Come make your Terra chars over here!!!

Cya at the GR ;)

Best thing I've heard all day! :)

Brammers
10-01-06, 18:43
Edit: Double post - my bad

LTA
10-01-06, 18:46
edited - fuck it

Eckhart
10-01-06, 18:53
So it seems that the minority of people affected just whine, throw toys out of the pram, and generally kick and scream and they get a rollback to solve their problems while the rest of us are made to suffer. Great policy I don't think.

SSX rares apt is missing 4 cabs and their contents since this roleback. One of us tickets a GM and we're told they must be somewhere or there is someone in our clan stealing stuff, which isn't even possible.

Rares are stored in a seperate apartment, the person the apartment is registered to has had an inactive account for a week whilst he's been waiting for his SplashPlastic (Spermy), and thus he couldn't have taken anything. I hold the key in a secondary apt I have to store stuff like that (nothing from there is missing, I checked) which is not tied in as my primary GR apartment. So someone would HAVE to know the password to the apt to get in as well as my account password. The key shows that Spermy's char is still the registered apt owner. If someone had taken stuff they would have to be the registered apt owner, so they could get into the apt and then access the cabs, and then take the cabs themselves too.

Not possible that anyone took stuff. KK just screwed us over with this rollback and are refusing to admit it. I hope they're happy with themselves. And I hope all the whiners out there are happy that they've severly annoyed a portion of the playerbase, not just me, who have lost lvls/equipment etc thanks to their antics.

Odin
10-01-06, 18:59
It was not a minority.

Your 4 cabs should be where they were at Monday January 9, 5 PM CET (GMT+1). If they were obtained after that time via hunting etc then yes they will not be there anymore. All characters/items etc should be at their state from that specific time.

Those that are complaining somehow I don't think they would be if they were in this supposed 'minority'.

LTA
10-01-06, 19:02
meh anger...

but i dont see why, i got squat when all my stuff lost, told it happens you cant replace it because of policies blah de blah

Foo
10-01-06, 19:03
Odin can i ask , i did the NCPD quest about 5-7pm yesterday gmt , will i be able to do it again ?

(I cant actuly log on to check atm , acc expired :S)

Spermy
10-01-06, 19:03
It was not a minority.

Your 4 cabs should be where they were at Monday January 9, 5 PM CET (GMT+1). If they were obtained after that time via hunting etc then yes they will not be there anymore. All characters/items etc should be at their state from that specific time.

Those that are complaining somehow I don't think they would be if they were in this supposed 'minority'.

The cabs were placed and filled before c2p fucked my payment up, which is another issue I have as I still haven't recieved the refund they promised me. The fact they should be in thier state doesn't help the fact that they are not. Neither does the fact that we've been accused of something that couldn't have happened due to an account being expired.

Those that are in the "minority" aren't likely to complain seeing as they got thier way. It's the minority that won out.

CMaster
10-01-06, 19:04
Odin can i ask , i did the NCPD quest about 5-7pm yesterday gmt , will i be able to do it again ?

(I cant actuly log on to check atm , acc expired :S)

Full rollback means EVERYTHING is back to how it was 5 pm CET yesterday. Everything.

Brammers
10-01-06, 19:16
Slightly OT question - when are the backups done?

As when the Apartments disappeared to Pluto, they was restored from a backup taken at 6am. And todays rollback was done with a backup from 5pm.
:confused:

nobby
10-01-06, 19:53
Well I lost loads of Lvl's and I've got to redo over 40 RESS missions...

[ edited ]

Dogface
10-01-06, 20:06
You hate them because an accident happened?

No need to put it so bluntly, they're fixing it arn't they?

Besides, it's not like they've ruined your life. :rolleyes:

Crest
10-01-06, 20:08
It was not a minority.

Aye

I was able to do loads without realising there was a bug, hunting / PKing

What I was not able to do was, Spawn my vehicle, get out of app (Could not zone down, and since its an alts app I had to kill self). I heard in local at the GR by a few people they could not get into their app.
Yes I was able to hunt with no problems, even got a level on my droner )int and dex) which is now gone, and the Pistol PA + research glove in belts i hacked. First time I ever seen a glove in a belt. Me wonder if they are still there (Hops onto hover to go check)

sanityislost
10-01-06, 20:09

[ edited ]

onoz!!! :eek: ...shit happens, deal with it

LTA
10-01-06, 20:11
onoz!!! :eek: ...shit happens, deal with it

Yeah... so why couldn't the people who lost stuff "Deal with it" instead its us who escaped corruption of the db who are forced to "Deal with it"

I wasnt making a fuss about the rares my tank lost, hes got em back now, but 4 cabs full i could deal with it... but the loming, the leveling arrrgh the pain of it.

sanityislost
10-01-06, 20:13
Yeah... so why couldn't the people who lost stuff "Deal with it" instead its us who escaped corruption of the db who are forced to "Deal with it"

I wasnt making a fuss about the rares my tank lost, hes got em back now, but 4 cabs full i could deal with it... but the loming, the leveling arrrgh the pain of it.

Items, rares and shit yea i can understand how much of a bitch that can be to
lose everything you own.

but a few lvls and some ress missions? kinda easy to get back

Spermy
10-01-06, 20:14
The only think that irks me is the work I did. I seriously don't care about the parts - they're meaningless. 1's and zero's.

What I do care about is the effort I put into organising a rarespool for my friends , so they can have what they want, when they want it, without having to trawl the trade channel. It lets them get on with the more enjoyable aspects of it.

Now It has to be catalogued again from scratch just so I know whats there and what isn't!

Grrr.

http://www.shatteredstar.org/ssx/groups/neocron/rares/Tech%20Parts%20List.html

I've had to revert to this list in the meantime. AND IT'S ANCIENT! TIll I can rewrite it. That means EVERY part of EVERY item! and it's quantities. People who maintain one of these know how hard it is to do a rewrite.

LTA
10-01-06, 20:19
Items, rares and shit yea i can understand how much of a bitch that can be to
lose everything you own.

but a few lvls and some ress missions? kinda easy to get back

No its not that hard to get back rares, i lost all my rares i "dealt" with it in the times of no compo etc.... so if i can deal with it why cant others.
Full capped player can down a warbie in like what? 2 mins flat? down a grim in maybe a little more?

I dont res, a few levels, a full subskill lom, various techs i found and sold and made a profit, a 5 slot laser cannon i constructed which i will never make again because i fluked it in a batch of 10... so far 20 rebuilds have best me with a 2 slot.

To me that stuff i lost is as valuable as someones cabs to them

Kozmos
10-01-06, 20:21
10 hours lomming my tank, plus 71 psi levels on my monk from all thismorning :( built a 4 slot CS aswell, now ive just got the parts again, better not be a 0 slot .....

Dogface
10-01-06, 20:21
Would you all rather live with the state the server was in (and most likely to get worse if it wasn't fixed) or just lose everything you did since the set rollback point?

People seem to dwell on the stuff KK does that pisses them off rather than the stuff they do that makes them have fun playing.

I don't see any thank you threads for any events/ patches/ add-ons/ fixes (no comments please) or anything KK does that you guys enjoy. Hell, there was more notice taken about the original reload change than their was the fix.

The only thank you thread I've seen, was the one I made for 2.1.

Sorry to say it but some people take this to heart too much.

(All I'm saying for now.)

LTA
10-01-06, 20:24
Server was fine most of today after the reboot

Mr Kot
10-01-06, 20:24

[ edited ]would you rather have kept the levels and 40 datacubes and lost a quarter of your chars' apartment furniture?

Kozmos
10-01-06, 20:25
would you rather have kept the levels and 40 datacubes and lost a quarter of your chars' apartment furniture?

DONT ask stupid people stupid questions ;)

Paper Dragon
10-01-06, 20:29
Am I the only one who seems to notice a significant boost in what people achieve just before a rollback?

:angel:

Not saying everyone is telling porkies, but you get people complaining about the low drop rate, slow experience gain....etc, yet after a rollback you always hear these stories of people losing the billions of "rare" weapons they stocked up on in the last few hours, or how they capped three Private Eyes while blindfolded.

Spermy
10-01-06, 20:31
I didn't mind the rollback, I do Mind what it seems to have done to the exiles. We had nothing wrong with us in the first place, yet we suffered.

Dade Murphey
10-01-06, 20:38
Man, these "Nothing was wrong with me, why'd I get fucked?!" are awesome

It's as though some of you don't grasp the concept of a serverwide issue
massively fucked up server = server roll back
ffs...can some of you even grasp the roll backs some of us here have seen
This ain't much

Spermy
10-01-06, 20:43
Man, these "Nothing was wrong with me, why'd I get fucked?!" are awesome

It's as though some of you don't grasp the concept of a serverwide issue
massively fucked up server = server roll back
ffs...can some of you even grasp the roll backs some of us here have seen
This ain't much

Plenty Grasp the concept - but I know for a fact that even you sir have vented when you have lost something. I didn't lose a days work.Even if I did - I wouldn't be too bothered.

The fact is my clan lost half it's rarepool. A rarepool that should have been untouched by the rollback. And now effort has to be made to restore it. And that is a fucking-lot of effort.