PDA

View Full Version : HC Tank Set ups

Foo
09-01-06, 21:59
OK , im a total Tank newb here , never played one since nc1 , and even then i didnt lvl him past halfway. So could some one plz throw some advice or a set up that i can work off plz.

I have everything realy needed for a hc tank (Herc/moveon/ppr/minippr/cs/speedgat/dev/mal/doomie u name it i got it ) , but i just havent got a single fucking clue where to start when it comes to makeing one . Like what stats i need to cap cs , what armor set up to wear , what with being able to get so much force/peirce of armor do i need to spec 114 in force? , Should i have 500 health(with imps but without buffs). I just clueless tbh.

So plz some one with tank experiance help meh out !

Digital-Talios
10-01-06, 16:36
first get a skill manager
second put most of your str points in HC
thirdly put the rest into resist force
fourthly only nibs use PA
fiftly a cs isnt best on monks :D
sixthly a ppr and moveon and marine and herc are cool
seventhly only nibs put all their str points in hc ;)
eithly get a skill manager
ninethly spec for 115 health or so
tenthly 114 resists is a good start

Spermy
10-01-06, 17:14
OK , im a total Tank newb here , never played one since nc1 , and even then i didnt lvl him past halfway. So could some one plz throw some advice or a set up that i can work off plz.

I have everything realy needed for a hc tank (Herc/moveon/ppr/minippr/cs/speedgat/dev/mal/doomie u name it i got it ) , but i just havent got a single fucking clue where to start when it comes to makeing one . Like what stats i need to cap cs , what armor set up to wear , what with being able to get so much force/peirce of armor do i need to spec 114 in force? , Should i have 500 health(with imps but without buffs). I just clueless tbh.

So plz some one with tank experiance help meh out !

500 plus hlth is easily achievable. Use the skill manager and spec resists before Hlth. I'm not going to give away my magic numbers, but anything else you need just holler.

Exp Heart 2 is good - or a strengthen 2 failing that. If you cave - switch it for a filter anda VK armour - Green dragon if you really can't be arsed, a tank can hack the downsides.

Second of all remember that a spine isn't worth it once capped, unless you want the high end gear, in which case, just put it in for Opwars/High end instances.

Some people advocate A BQ chest. It's up to you - same for experimental foot and leg. Personally I don't I just go all XRAY and the points I save speccing AG I put in My athletics. I find that a tank has enough spare Dex points to get an excellent runspeed, but I have used some of mine in recycle, purely cos I'm an FA and use a mine and glove to help passers through on the epic.

Remember how armour affects resists - Play with the different kinds of resist combos before speccing points there as well - INQ gives nearly double the fire protection compared to DUR energy protection, so bear that in mind,

Lastly -

GIVE HIM A SPEEDIE!

I love tanks. :D

Zheo
10-01-06, 17:40
fourthly only nibs use PA

If you say so

e/ check your private messages.