PDA

View Full Version : [CbT] Hey KK, can I have my Ceres Gun back yet?

-FN-
09-01-06, 20:46
So when Patch 149 was kind enough to delete my Ultimated Ceres Handgun, I figured a patch would either return it or enable me to do the run again so I can obtain another one.

Neither has happened. I know KK's policies prevent them from replacing items, even when it's their own patch's fault :rolleyes:, but can we at least get a Regant Quest reset for those of us who submitted help tickets regarding our "missing gun". I've already lost millions in the gun and the ultima, I'll be damned if I'm spending millions more to get a gun that the game deleted.

[/rant]

-FN-
11-01-06, 00:57
/me cries as the thread falls down the list...

Thanks for the acknowledgement,,KK. You could at least say 'No, now piss off' instead of ignoring this :(

Tratos
11-01-06, 01:00
You could at least say 'No, now piss off' instead of ignoring this :(

I get the feeling all you will get is a more polite version of your prediction.

Foo
11-01-06, 01:02
Sucks bad tbh , the fact that THEY screwed up the patch and dont even reset your quest so you could do again is just damm right diabolical.

good luck m8 , hope they sort something out for you (also seeing as you have done alot to help the NC community with your site and such) and the others that got fucked over by a dodgey patch.

yavimaya
11-01-06, 01:34
Sorry FN, but it not just KK. Its the way the world works, the more you help someone and the more you put into a community, the harder they lash out/ more they ignore you when you need thier help/ do something wrong.

Marx
11-01-06, 05:35
Hah, that's cute.

It's almost like you really expect them to do something - silly boy, you should know better by now.

;=

Demental
11-01-06, 05:51
Hah, that's cute.

It's almost like you really expect them to do something - silly boy, you should know better by now.

;=

Truth

Koshinn
11-01-06, 06:23
Bugs was told that durring that time, a lot of support mails were lost, so just submit another ticket.

Nidhogg
11-01-06, 11:27
You should have been told by the GM who responded to your ticket. I'm afraid that in this case the usual rules apply (no replacement). Sorry.

N

cRazy-
11-01-06, 11:29
lol KK can be so idiotic sometimes.

IceStorm
11-01-06, 11:56
Without item tracking, there's no way to know if a longtime player like FN (who maintains a website dedicated to the game, mind you) is telling the truth about his "loss" or not.

kurai
11-01-06, 12:01
errr .... OK :wtf:

Unless there's a plan being discussed inside KK Towers to reset the "Regants mission completed" flag across the server, or at the very least for those who reported the incident, this has to go down as one of the more ... short sighted ... responses to an issue in a long while.

The issue was reported, verified, and the fix was mentioned specifically in the patch notes.

KK *has* demonstrated that they occasionally let common sense and customer service override bloody minded adherence to dogmatic policies ... e.g. the rollback of apartments only a little while back.

This would be another case where some regard for customer care would be a damn good idea.

Just *think* about it, for christ's sake ... the dungeon and the items haven't been ingame long, so the servers aren't flooded with them. It has a WoC requirement, so they aren't in constant use by every Tom, Dick and Harry as an average day to day weapon. Even if the flag *is* reset you aren't going to release a torrent of Genotoxic guns across the servers ... the only potential duplication will be from the small number of runners that have already done the mission once.

In summary :-

Dear KK,

act *now* and fix this while it's still simple, and has a small game impact.

Not to do so would be a evincing a level of sheer stupidity that beggars belief.

Honestly - it's a no brainer.

*Please* tell me that "Achtung ! Nein ! Ze policy ist Sacred Law !" isn't going to be the only response ?

*please* ? :confused:

giga191
11-01-06, 12:04
Without item tracking, there's no way to know if a longtime player like FN (who maintains a website dedicated to the game, mind you) is telling the truth about his "loss" or not. i wouldn't trust him, just look at his blue text :eek:

Durandal|AI
11-01-06, 12:11
You should have been told by the GM who responded to your ticket. I'm afraid that in this case the usual rules apply (no replacement). Sorry.

N

as far as i see

he wants a reset for the regant quest cuz he allready know that he wont get an replacement

sometimes it is usefull to read the question and not copy and paste the default "fuck off idiot" phrase

Foo
11-01-06, 12:12

N

Thats unfucking belivable , KK screwed up and the people with the guns got shafted ? shit KK even released a hotfix the NEXT day to fix the gentox ammo to stop it makeing guns go poof and the people STILL get shafted ?

Thats complete bullshit.

ThrillHousE
11-01-06, 12:14
Thanks for the acknowledgement,,KK. You could at least say 'No, now piss off' instead of ignoring this :(

I know what you mean! Awaiting response for over a week for about my XP overrun/reset. It's kind of sadness! :mad:

giga191
11-01-06, 12:15
there's still no way of telling if he's lying or not.

Nidhogg
11-01-06, 12:18
I know what you mean! Awaiting response for over a week for about my XP overrun/reset. It's kind of sadness! :mad:
Like I said, he should have been given a response immediately from the support GM. The forums are not an official support mechanism and no guarantees are offered if you just post your question here.

N

/edit - with respect to the ability to re-do the run, that decision has not yet been determined and I grant you there is a delay in that area. I'll try and get a response for you on this.

cRazy-
11-01-06, 12:19
Kurai is right, KK a lot of players who have done the Ceres gun quest already have the endurance to actually get the WoC level required, if you dont allow people who have lost weapons to do the quest again expect the Ceres WoC weapons and the whole wisdom of ceres aspect to start to die off.

Since you have done this and took the weapons away from people who actually HAVE WoC levels, it may be a long long time before we see more then one or two people using either Ceres guns.

Like I said its idiotic.

kurai
11-01-06, 12:23
/edit - with respect to the ability to re-do the run, that decision has not yet been determined and I grant you there is a delay in that area. I'll try and get a response for you on this.Thanks Nid.

I suspect you already have WoC level 4 in Prodding Appropriate KK Staffers :D

giga191
11-01-06, 12:27
what's the rush, the gun isn't even worth using in it's current state

Nidhogg
11-01-06, 12:35
The relevant people have been notified and I'll let you know their decision as and when.

N

Brammers
11-01-06, 12:40
So the community awaits to here if KK are going to do something about FN's gun in some way. Or for anyone else who lost their gun, due to a bug in the patches.

The way I read this, KK made an error, they fixed it with a patch, but they are refusing to accept responsibility for consequences their error.

The bad news for KK is this issue is not going to go away.

Edit: Just spotted Nid's reply, ok I'm watching and waiting.

unreal
11-01-06, 12:46
It might be worth noting that those genotoxic weapons don't actually do much more damage than a Wyatt Earp in the Barettas case. So the weapons are actually pretty pants to begin with. I'm glad I haven't touched both my 5 slots at all yet, don't even know the recipe for the ammo, and don't really care either. Crossbow > Genotoxic Garbage. :)

Dogface
11-01-06, 13:42
Like I said, he should have been given a response immediately from the support GM. The forums are not an official support mechanism and no guarantees are offered if you just post your question here.

N

So what are players meant to rely on if they don't get a response from a ticket?

Nidhogg
11-01-06, 15:00
Ok, here's the response. People who lost their Ceres weapon due to the reload bug may request that their mission flag be reset enabling them to re-perform the mission. The request can be made through the helpdesk (helpdesk@neocron.com) or via an in-game call ticket but must be submitted within two weeks of today. Records will be kept of who has had their mission flag reset to ensure that this is not abused and only a Support Offlcial will be authorised to make the change.

We hope that this will resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction - or as satisfied as you can be under the circumstances. ;) Sorry for the delay in releasing this policy.

N

giga191
11-01-06, 15:04
gold star for niddy

naimex
11-01-06, 15:05
Ok, here's the response. People who lost their Ceres weapon due to the reload bug may request that their mission flag be reset enabling them to re-perform the mission. The request can be made through the helpdesk (helpdesk@neocron.com) or via an in-game call ticket but must be submitted within two weeks of today. Records will be kept of who has had their mission flag reset to ensure that this is not abused and only a Support Offlcial will be authorised to make the change.

We hope that this will resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction - or as satisfied as you can be under the circumstances. ;) Sorry for the delay in releasing this policy.

N

Thank you very much, at least that's something, and a lot better than just a "sorry, or 100 k".

kurai
11-01-06, 15:21
Nice one, Niddy.

Please pass along my thanks to whoever you need to (as well as yourself, naturally ;) ) for arriving at a sensible compromise.

OK - some people may have lost ancilliaries too (like the ultima) but I realise there's no way that could be fairly policed.

jini
11-01-06, 15:58
Really I don't understand why you are thanking them guys... You are thanking them because they made you lose 5 slot weapons which you might never retreve? You are thanking them because they made you lose precious mods that are had to get? or because someone(Nid) does what he is supposed to do? Tbh this is how some politicians work... they let out VERY bad news to slip, only to smoothen them a bit afterwards and hear people saying "thank you Mr. President Thank you" ;) I'm sure, Marx knows what I'm talking about ;).... anyway ... psycology of the masses...

Paper Dragon
11-01-06, 16:32
Really I don't understand why you are thanking them guys... You are thanking them because they made you lose 5 slot weapons which you might never retreve? You are thanking them because they made you lose precious mods that are had to get? or because someone(Nid) does what he is supposed to do? Tbh this is how some politicians work... they let out VERY bad news to slip, only to smoothen them a bit afterwards and hear people saying "thank you Mr. President Thank you" ;) I'm sure, Marx knows what I'm talking about ;).... anyway ... psycology of the masses...

Actually, they're congratulating him for nudging Reakktor into a new policy on the matter.

Seriously; the complaints about the initial problem were understandable, but still choosing to be snide and flame Nidhogg when he has improved the situation is just downright pathetic.

Spermy
11-01-06, 16:33
As a sidenote... Are flags kep for all reward based missions?

Tratos
11-01-06, 16:50
As a sidenote... Are flags kep for all reward based missions?
If its a one time mission then id say yes so the game knows that you've previously done the mission :p

Nidhogg
11-01-06, 17:05
If its a one time mission then id say yes so the game knows that you've previously done the mission :p
Correct. Epics are an example of this.

N

Skusty
11-01-06, 17:09
Aint there a policy that you can ask GM to enable you to do it again now?

kurai
11-01-06, 17:14
That would be nice ... some of the Epics have changed/bugfixed rewards since I did them many moons ago at the start of NC2.

I'm stuck with the crappy old stuff :(

jini
11-01-06, 17:24
Actually, they're congratulating him for nudging Reakktor into a new policy on the matter.

Seriously; the complaints about the initial problem were understandable, but still choosing to be snide and flame Nidhogg when he has improved the situation is just downright pathetic.
yes ok.
only i'm not flaming anybody and particularly Nid who is doing his Job well.
on the other hand mate, or hunnny(if you are a gal :)) I would really like to be near and hear how you address to the guy that sold you your first, brand new car, that you just recently discovered that instead of it running on gaz as ordered is running on diesel lol. And the official excuse is: we dont do replacements because its company policy

kurai
11-01-06, 17:49
@Jini: There's a difference between `being unconditionally grateful` and `astonished something actually *happened !" :D

Not that I wish to look my gift horse in the mouth, let alone shoot it in the head, but one learns to develop a sort of fatalism regarding *ahem* an un-named Hannoverian conmpany and rejoice at any small victories won along the way.
The other choice is to go stark raving foam-at-the-mouth mad twice a day.

I know which is better for *my* blood pressure ;)

Crest
11-01-06, 19:05
yes ok.
only i'm not flaming anybody and particularly Nid who is doing his Job well.
on the other hand mate, or hunnny(if you are a gal :)) I would really like to be near and hear how you address to the guy that sold you your first, brand new car, that you just recently discovered that instead of it running on gaz as ordered is running on diesel lol. And the official excuse is: we dont do replacements because its company policy

Thank you represents, I had something, now I got nothing, and no one needs to do anything about that, but I can have something again due to the changes, so thank you for giving me a chance to have something.

Pantho
11-01-06, 19:13
I am liking wot the Mods did tbh, I mean they couldnt just give every fool a ultimated 5 slot ceres hand gun , just because they say they had one.....

(btw i want 4 plz....)

At least this way the WoCapped ppl can get it again,

Brammers
11-01-06, 19:32
That would be nice ... some of the Epics have changed/bugfixed rewards since I did them many moons ago at the start of NC2.

I'm stuck with the crappy old stuff :(

All the rewards are still the same, except one.

The only one to change a bit was the Black Dragon epic. The reward has changed from unlimited drugs to a key for the bombed out clubhouse. I had done the epic before they changed it, and I had no way to claim the new reward while I was in FA. In the end I had to pay 600k to change from FA to BD, get the apartment, and change back to BD.

kurai
11-01-06, 19:48
All the rewards are still the same, except one.Aaaah - righto.

I was having brainfade for a moment and for some reason thought I still had something other than the lowtech rifle as the TS reward too. (i.e. the NC1 placeholder crap).

*ponders* Is claiming the apartment key worth 600k .... hrmmm ;)

-FN-
11-01-06, 20:38
Thank you Nid for getting a 150% completely acceptable response!

You can close this thread now :D

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=131614

Skusty
11-01-06, 20:55
Grats to -FN-, the luck came your way anyways. :p

Heavyporker
11-01-06, 21:18
Jini...

there's something called "courtesy". It's often used to when someone expends effort on your behalf. You should look it up.

Marx
11-01-06, 22:56
Jini...

there's something called "courtesy". It's often used to when someone expends effort on your behalf. You should look it up.

Porker,

Courtesy works both ways. We shouldn't load our pants just yet - we've bearly seen enough return to us for the effort we've expended over the years.

Paper Dragon
11-01-06, 23:02
Porker,

Courtesy works both ways. We shouldn't load our pants just yet - we've bearly seen enough return to us for the effort we've expended over the years.

If courtesy works both ways, then screaming at Reakktor even when they do something right or favourable isn't going to make them be willing to continue along that route.

Marx
11-01-06, 23:05
If courtesy works both ways, then screaming at Reakktor even when they do something right or favourable isn't going to make them be willing to continue along that route.

Who's screaming?

Frankly, if Reakktor adopted a more proactive stance with the community - I feel people in the community wouldn't feel the need to 'scream' just to be heard and get some semblance of a response.

Paper Dragon
11-01-06, 23:07
Who's screaming?

Not you, but quite a few people are all too quick to jump on the "FUCK YOU KK AND YOUR FAMILY YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT".

Then again, these people are often the ones that never quit despite their many "threats", so take that as it's well.

Frankly, if Reakktor adopted a more proactive stance with the community - I feel people in the community wouldn't feel the need to 'scream' just to be heard and get some semblance of a response.

We could also easily say if the community weren't so quick to shoot down responses Reakktor give as much, we'd see them coming more often as the threat of deconstructive ranting wouldn't be as great.

Marx
11-01-06, 23:21
We could also easily say if the community weren't so quick to shoot down responses Reakktor give as much, we'd see them coming more often as the threat of deconstructive ranting wouldn't be as great.

The community is so willing to shoot down Reakktor responses because they come few and far between - any stab they can take to show their displeasure is usually thrown.

Granted, not all news is happy news - and you'll always have the people that will bitch and complain... But I sort of figured that's part of the whiplash you get when you have a forum which is really for game feedback.

One also can't forget that this is a game where the average age of the player seems to sit somewhere between 10 and 20 - I sincerely doubt that every person on this forum is a 'taxpaying independant adult', and as such one can't expect the population to act with such 'decorum'.

They need to simply bite the bullet and communicate more. Look at Lupus - how many people would flame him? He would provide news and ideas... Both good and bad... and would go and actively communicate with the community. The folks that would sit in on forum debates and actively engage/be engaged in conversations were universally loved - and they were the ones that people turned to for responses on everything.

This is a game that relies on a niche population - it would certainly be in the best interest of Reakktor to keep the population stable... But I've said this again and again over the years to no avail, no need for me to start up again.

Koshinn
11-01-06, 23:47
I would really like to be near and hear how you address to the guy that sold you your first, brand new car, that you just recently discovered that instead of it running on gaz as ordered is running on diesel lol. And the official excuse is: we dont do replacements because its company policy
Well if you bought a diesel car, it's your fault, and your fault alone. Who should have done research? Who should have asked questions? Who should know what to look for? The buyer. A good seller should make it easy and tell you everything you need to know, but it's not possible for them to tell you everything. If they lied it's one thing, but if they just didn't mention it and you never asked, it's your fault.

So, Jini, your metaphor could use a little work as it hardly represents the bug in the ceres pistols.

Dogface
12-01-06, 04:28
One also can't forget that this is a game where the average age of the player seems to sit somewhere between 10 and 20 - I sincerely doubt that every person on this forum is a 'taxpaying independant adult', and as such one can't expect the population to act with such 'decorum'.

Rubbish. Prove it.

jini
12-01-06, 06:12
You can show them all the courtesy you like matey, it's ok go ahead.
Like I said already however, I would like to hear your "courtesy" when something like this, or even worst happens to you. In short, it's US to blame and certainly NOT the companies for acting the way they act. As far as I am concerned, if I was Reakktor or a politician all I would do is: great loughs and more strict "company policies" since for some strange reason thats what most really want.
Just to know where we stand that is...

@Koshinn: what part of my metaphor didnt you understood? my metaphor is correct read it again

unreal
12-01-06, 06:27
Look at Lupus - how many people would flame him?Me? I would, and have. I got banned by Odin for 3days for calling Lupus an "idiot". Lupus replaced the bugged TT FSM NPC (the ones on the left of the HQ were copies of CA FSM NPC's) with a bugged pistol vendor that wiped half the inventory I was carrying, not to mention only sold one pistol instead of the two that were listed.

Apart from the crap I had constructed previously and wiped from my inventory, I went to buy a TL92 (or whatever TL it is) Tangent Assault Pistol from the vendor, which cost 60k, I paid it, and ended up with the second option on the list, which happened to be a TL30-something pistol. I then chose the TL30-something pistol option which only cost 20k or so, thinking Lupus got the items the wrong way round, but no, I ended up with the TL30-something pistol again. I contacted a GM about the whole thing, and since item tracking isn't available, I couldn't prove the loss of items, but the NPC was proven to be bugged and was replaced with what it should have been, the TT FSM NPC.

I wasn't allowed to swap the pistols I bought for the one I originally wanted, as the GM said he isn't allowed to spawn items without permission. If that's all a GM can do, respond by saying they aren't able to do something, or replying with the usual "email the helpdesk" message, then why waste the time sending a ticket?

The moral of that story is: frigging test things before implementing them (patches most of all), and give GM's more of a status in the game instead of being useless in almost every situation similair to the one I described.

kurai
12-01-06, 08:39
And of course *no-one* would whine and piss and moan about "certain clans" having "friend GMs" that would "spawn them sekrit goodies" if all the SGMs had these powers and weren't audited to hell and back.

I even had someone this very evening, out of the blue, tell me some bollocks conspiracy theory about exactly this.

I can't find a fucking :rolleyes: smiley big enough to suitably underscore this point.

Demental
12-01-06, 09:04
Paper Dragon is really a paid reakktor employee whos sole purpose is to be a fanboy and defend them on the forum ...

Dooo DOoooo DooOoOooO - the conspiracy has been found out! :wtf:

suler
12-01-06, 09:14
Another good clue, we are far from solving the whole conspiracy though shotty.

unreal
12-01-06, 09:19
And of course *no-one* would whine and piss and moan about "certain clans" having "friend GMs" that would "spawn them sekrit goodies" if all the SGMs had these powers and weren't audited to hell and back.I would have thought there's some sort of logging system for keeping track of what things are done by the GM's... if not... then Reakktor really are the most pathetic developers I've ever lay my eyes on.

kurai
12-01-06, 09:42
I would have thought there's some sort of logging system for keeping track of what things are done by the GM's... if not... then Reakktor really are the most pathetic developers I've ever lay my eyes on.
That was part of my point.

They *are* logged and audited to hell and back.

Doesn't stop the more bitter/jealous/psychotic/stupid gossipers making up utter cobblers rumours.

They never let small things, like the facts, get in the way of a good bit of malicious shit-stirring.

Nidhogg
12-01-06, 11:01
Off topic and closed by thread starter.

N