PDA

View Full Version : Power Armour Question

Zheo
09-01-06, 18:03
First off I'll give a break down of the PA's.

Tank HC +HC, -ATL, +STR, -CON.
Tank MC +MC, -HC, +STR, -CON.

Spy RC +RC, -END, +DEX, -INT.
Spy PC +PC, -END, +DEX, -INT.

PE RC +RC, -MST, +DEX, -PSI.
PE PC +PC, -MST, +DEX, -PSI.

Monk APU, +APU, -PPU, +PSI.
Monk PPU, +PPU, -APU, +PSI.

See what I don't quite understand is that APU and PPU and MC Tank armour reduce their opposite EG: APU reduces PPU, MC reduces HC. So why is it that HC tank armour reduces ATL? and PE RC reduces MST? Shouldn't it all be the same, eg: Tank HC reduces MC, PE RC reduces PC? Seems to me if your a pure MC tank you've got an unfair advantage, same as pure apu's and ppu's only hybrid's suffer (too damn right they should!)

Am i just wrong in thinking that makes no real sence from a game balancing point of view? Or am i just being whiney? well yeah im whiney but still...

RogerRamjet
09-01-06, 18:39
I never understood the HC armour giviing minus ATH.

But since with the new formulas you can wear the same MC armour and still cap everything, it doesnt matter :o

Digital-Talios
09-01-06, 18:49
Doesnt the pa also increase your hit box area? Or is this just for tanks?

Dribble Joy
09-01-06, 19:19
Urban myth, it may increase the size of the model and the green visual box, but the targetable area stays the same.

Zheo
09-01-06, 22:47
I never understood the HC armour giviing minus ATH.

But since with the new formulas you can wear the same MC armour and still cap everything, it doesnt matter :o

You need 190 HC so with imps you can get: +38 HC? that'll give you with full HC 175 base, +39 from implants (-25 from armour would be +14) 189 leaving nothing for resist force? or am i wrong in being told you need 190 HC to cap weapons? Assuming of cause you have about 80 weapon lore.

SorkZmok
10-01-06, 01:20
You need 190 HC so with imps you can get: +38 HC? that'll give you with full HC 175 base, +39 from implants (-25 from armour would be +14) 189 leaving nothing for resist force? or am i wrong in being told you need 190 HC to cap weapons? Assuming of cause you have about 80 weapon lore.
180ish rather to cap rav/cs. I cap dmg/freq on a perfect ravager with 180 h-c. Dunno about wep, i got about 55 base and nearly cap aiming aswell.

Scaramanga
11-01-06, 20:24
I imagine that the Pistol and Rifle Power Armour do not have negetive effects on their counterpart as there would be no end affect whatsoever. Hybrid tanks and hybrid monks seem to be uite handy. I have yet to see a hybrid PE that used both rifle and pistol. It'd be a novelty for all of 5 minutes but i doubt it would actually be any more useful than using 2 diferent pistols.