PDA

View Full Version : Forum access

El Jimben
08-01-06, 16:05
I think it's unfair that just because I've cancelled my acount I can't view the rest of the forums. Surely if I've paid up for time until 30/1/06 (NOT by choice, Click2pay taking money from my creditcard when they weren't supposed to SUPRISE SUPRISE) I should be able to view everything until my game time is up?

Nidhogg
08-01-06, 16:27
If your game account is still active you can tie it to your forum account in the Neocron launcher. Once you've done that you will be able to see the other forums.

N

El Jimben
08-01-06, 16:39
How do I do this then Nid? When I click the forum access tab is says - forum user name = nuts.

This isn't right somehow methinks. Besides, my forum account was tied to my game account before so why not now, evo2.1 change something?

Nidhogg
09-01-06, 11:26
I've checked the nuts forum account and it looks like you should talk to Jesterthegreat. He's used your game account to evade his ban.

N

cRazy-
09-01-06, 12:24
lol owned.

Paper Dragon
09-01-06, 16:20
I've checked the nuts forum account and it looks like you should talk to Jesterthegreat. He's used your game account to evade his ban.

N

That explains the rather abusive PMs I got from the nutz account then.

Heh.

Nidhogg
09-01-06, 16:34
Nutz != Nuts

N

Paper Dragon
09-01-06, 16:45
Nutz != Nuts

N

My typo > Your post. :p

Just double-checked; they were indeed from Nuts. My bad.

Nidhogg
09-01-06, 16:57
Well that account is now perm banned. This is a lesson to everyone. We've said it a thousand times but it bears repetition: DON'T SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH ANYONE. This is one example of how your "generosity" can be abused.

Incidentally, there's no chance of the account being "un-tied" as it's simply not possible to do so from the forum end, and the account people will refuse such a request since you shouldn't have shared your details in the first place.

N

Skeet
10-01-06, 15:01
[ edited ]

Skeet
10-01-06, 23:22
Ya, never share log ins. I gave my mom my login details one time and she cleaned me out.

PcP'
11-01-06, 09:58
[ edited ]

El Jimben
15-01-06, 20:19
What I'm saying is this is and always has been my forum account so it's surely tied to my game account. I always used to have full forum access so how, if you can't untie them, has he managed to link my game account to another forum account?

Lodar
15-01-06, 23:37
What I'm saying is this is and always has been my forum account so it's surely tied to my game account. I always used to have full forum access so how, if you can't untie them, has he managed to link my game account to another forum account?

IIRC, theres a script that unties expired accounts automatically, so that if an account expires, it is deregistered from the customer-only forums (this can also be done manually by admins). To re-tie the account, you have to re-tie it via the launcher. Admins can't re-tie accounts, they can only un-tie them; the tying is handled exclusively by the Launcher script. I think thats right, but not 100% (Nid will have a better idea of how it works than myself).

In any case, a banned forum account tied to a game account can only be untied by Helpdesk, who will not comply as it is your responsibility to not share login details with anyone.

My guess is that he tied your game account to the Nuts forum account after it expired.

El Jimben
17-01-06, 23:45
I've never given him my login details but maybe someone I did give my details to did. Meh, don't really give a sh*t tbh anyway. I'm gone come end of the month

Nidhogg
17-01-06, 23:56
Don't share your login details. Thread closed.

N