PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Stasis Tool

Napalm82
07-01-06, 23:42
Hello Runners.

For a long time i have toyed with the idea of a stasis tool (And im sure others also have) it works like this:

You buy the tool from Crytons which has the normal TL gaps (30-150)
You then put a weapon for example into your processor window, equip the tool and point it at a wall in your appt, this will then allow you to place the weapon on the wall like it was a furniture.
You can also use this to place food on your table which will not despawn or be taken by some nosy visitor :lol:

When you or another runner target the weapon which has been put in stasis it will show the name + slots (Like when you hold the mouse over a weapon in your inventory)

Why would this be fun? it will add to the atmosfere (sp?) of your apartment and also let you show off some of your priced weapons like your 5 slotted Silent Hunter or whatever.

Anyways, what do you think?

- Nap

cRazy-
07-01-06, 23:48
atmosphere*

Tis a nice idea, dunno if it would be hard for KK to implement though.

silent000
08-01-06, 01:11
Tis a very nice idea, but nailguns all around ur appt FTW

braydagner
08-01-06, 01:20
Yea, this was a good idea...for the millionth time reading it...

unreal
08-01-06, 01:23
If only you could do that to other runners. You could glue Krysm to your wall and cover her in erm chocolate. ;)

Tratos
08-01-06, 02:10
Very nice, although old idea but a different way of implementation which i think is pretty shiney, having the ability to right click items (to look at stats) in status would also be cool as you could make a show case appartment and then have people e-mail you in game to name a price for your stuff :D would make it possible to create stuff like the screenshotted appartment we saw when first hearing about furniture with the boots by the door, sword on the wall etc.

unreal
08-01-06, 03:49
Yeah, you could actually use that as a way to have playershops. Special apartments (possibly a new choice for the DRE epic reward) that might be a safe zone, or perhaps for spies introduce a new Spy tradeskiller stealth glove specifically for this purpose. It will give -100 to agility/athletics, and -150 to all other skills apart from TC, which will be given 100 so the person can use the Obliterator. There would have to be something like this to help stop the ganking of tradeskillers. If you would need to highlight the items to check the details you obviously can't have screens and such to stop the attacker from targetting you, as it would stop you from targetting the items on the walls or floor in most cases. Perhaps there could be a new set of rules for the new apartment sector, that give everyone high negative effects for killing anyone there. This includes heavy sympathy loss with all factions plus high SL loss.

Super Mario
08-01-06, 04:11
An apt full of Dogtags on the walls. The pass could be *Museum of Deaths* :D

unreal
08-01-06, 07:51
Hmm crap, i'm a retard. Kinda forgot about the newbie reqless stealth at the time, but still, it's only the equivalent of Stealth I, it won't really be too effective if some person is trying to kill a tradeskiller with no resists, hardly no body health, and most likely crap runspeed.

Tarn
08-01-06, 07:59
i was just think about the same idea not too long ago.

Skusty
08-01-06, 14:55
Good idea, i would hang up my 5slot AK then. .p

rob444
08-01-06, 15:28
An apt full of Dogtags on the walls. The pass could be *Museum of Deaths* :D

Haha, that would be awesome.

Great idea btw!

LTA
08-01-06, 15:42
lol was saying to my dad it would be cool if i could mount my 5 slot collection on my cst's wall :p