PDA

View Full Version : Artillery

LTA
06-01-06, 22:52
lol since i seen that arty cannon pic on the vhc threadand remembered a long time ago i made a thread suggesting something along the lines of arty that would team tanks with droner spies or perhaps stealthers to but basically.... the tank would have a large cannon that when drawn glues him to the spot, then the droner uses a scout drone or a stealther users some binochs and "spots" once the marker is set... you get a small hit box where the target is and says distance etc that shows on the tanks hud through hills and stuff.
He aims the cannon at this and the reticle locks extremely slow onto it and he fires of say a shell or a Doom Beamer type shell and the shell can have a firestorm mod, a xray barrel mob or a poison barrel mod and it shells the target and lays down some barrel or even just have a high explosive which has a large moonstriker type hit but much higher force/pierce.
Every shot would reset the reticle and need a relock so he couldnt over spam it, but it could be very high damage since it needs 2 to work.

They would have to be a 2 man team for it to work or maybe have a special option that links the tank to the spie etc

You could have a rhino turrets or even special vhcs that has the same effect and needs the observer drones.....

nobby
06-01-06, 22:54
That's quite a good idea :)

Though they'd have to make it have a trail of smoke :p

hegemonic
06-01-06, 23:10
I LOVE IT!!!
***** - 5stars
if there's a petition, consider this my signature.

lol since i seen that arty cannon pic on the vhc threadand remembered a long time ago i made a thread suggesting something along the lines of arty that would team tanks with droner spies or perhaps stealthers to but basically.... the tank would have a large cannon that when drawn glues him to the spot, then the droner uses a scout drone or a stealther users some binochs and "spots" once the marker is set... you get a small hit box where the target is and says distance etc that shows on the tanks hud through hills and stuff.
He aims the cannon at this and the reticle locks extremely slow onto it and he fires of say a shell or a Doom Beamer type shell and the shell can have a firestorm mod, a xray barrel mob or a poison barrel mod and it shells the target and lays down some barrel or even just have a high explosive which has a large moonstriker type hit but much higher force/pierce.
Every shot would reset the reticle and need a relock so he couldnt over spam it, but it could be very high damage since it needs 2 to work.

They would have to be a 2 man team for it to work or maybe have a special option that links the tank to the spie etc

You could have a rhino turrets or even special vhcs that has the same effect and needs the observer drones.....

Dribble Joy
06-01-06, 23:15
A use for observer drones....

Make the recticle of a teamed droner aim the gun, not direct lock, just point and hope like an AoE weapon...

LTA
06-01-06, 23:19
A use for observer drones....

That was the main point of my idea a while ago, means even people like pes could spec and use the low observer drones and also gives tanks a good support role.

The rooting em part is mainly so they are stuck there and dont try and pvp with the gun at close.

The drone aim is good to means the observer can pick the active area, maybe it could give the tank a nav ray arrow that points to the drone, so the drone has to be around and not just mad spotting from a hill high away, gives people a chance to eliminate the drone as they know it would need to be somewhere about and they always have the height advantage anyway.

Clive tombstone
06-01-06, 23:23
heheh that was, I think my post, o so long ago^^
here it is! Artillary! (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=98515)

LTA
06-01-06, 23:35
Yeah thats vhc tho, i made my about normal on foot stuff coz i was using observers as a droner and thought how could it be more usefull etc

QuakCow
06-01-06, 23:39
Yeee...im not a fan of artillery, though its probably just an aversion i got from earning the nickname "flail bait" in planetside. :(

But it would be nice to have a use for observer drones (other then exploring zones and finding cool stuff you didn't know existed).

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 23:40
i doubt the engien can suport this

i wanted laser painting objects for some time but i just doubt its posible

Skusty
06-01-06, 23:51
Scudmissiles to camp ug...mmm....scudmissiles to wipe out all wbs...mmm....nukes to nuke outposts from enemis and se how the zonechannel is turned into a whinechannel.

Clive tombstone
07-01-06, 00:23
So? let em whine, the louder they are, the easier it is to find (and nuke em :D )

boneybob
07-01-06, 12:00
Sounds like some ones been playing to much BF2, still sounds like a cool idea.

See WOC vehicle thread, some one suggested artillary similar to the Imperial guard artillary tank from warhammer 40k? Thought that was a nice idea.

Interesting use of team work to opperate the gun though, team works good, and finaly finding a use for those useless observation drones.

Might have to put a 20mm gun on the tank though.

Torg
07-01-06, 13:18
yeah, cool, but in the very next minute an apu/ppu duo will stop by and put an end to this glory. so?

Skusty
07-01-06, 13:22

Scuds are from DesertCombat. ( bf1942 mod ).

And artilery can only be used by commander in bf2.

Winston Smith
07-01-06, 13:26
Yeah, just like a MULE. That would rock!!

LTA
07-01-06, 14:04

Hated bf2.... loved bf42 tho but never played dc much only usually coz i had to as i had to make sure server setups were right etv.

The apu/ppu combo thing.... whats it matter they end everything anyway, good if they do wouldnt want a tank being there spamming for hours on end anyway and thats the idea of rooting him to the spot.

Since ppus arent getting fixed fast i am just suggesting alternatives to encourage other types of teams.... rather than solely a apu/ppu combo or ppu/<insert class>.

Besides if it was made high force and did something like the bomber or more maybe ppus might worry a bit for a change lol

CMaster
07-01-06, 17:57
Sounds pretty fun.
So someone will come hunt the tank down and kill him while hes vulnerable? Thats part of the point - he can do a lot of damage while "safe" - but if he gets spotted, hes in trouble - and its not just APU/PPU teams - stealther/sniper spies could take out the artillery too.

I like it.

awkward silence
07-01-06, 18:21
5 stars mate, awesome idea.

LTA
07-01-06, 18:22
i doubt the engien can suport this

i wanted laser painting objects for some time but i just doubt its posible

I dunno it would be a higher arc gren launcher ina sense since the gren launcher can lob nades a fair distance ....

ZoVoS
07-01-06, 18:27
I dunno it would be a higher arc gren launcher ina sense since the gren launcher can lob nades a fair distance ....

sorry i was talking about the 2 person weapon

=] artilery is a nice idea but i think if they realy wanted to make it work they would put a red dot on the sector map to show where u were gona hit

then it would be great for bombarding ops

LTA
07-01-06, 18:33
sorry i was talking about the 2 person weapon

Ahhh soz my misunderstanding of the post then :p yeah i thought that 2 man think might be a bit tricky