PDA

View Full Version : Rare const drug

cRazy-
06-01-06, 18:47
Since drugs seem to be the new fad these days..

Make it a VERY rare chance for a certain mob or dungeon boss to drop a special 5 minute drug which allows a 25% or whatever extra chance of getting better slots/stats in some way.

its not a big deal, just a chance to get better slotted rares circulating and its just something new to add to the econemy.

Dribble Joy
06-01-06, 18:57
I have collected the parts and built 25 judges in my time in NC, only two have been 3 slotters, no 4 or 5 at all, but I have no problems with the current system.

Eddie
06-01-06, 18:59
I have collected the parts and built 25 judges in my time in NC, only two have been 3 slotters, no 4 or 5 at all, but I have no problems with the current system.

Yes, I must have built as many First Loves in NC1, and best I got was a 3 slot too!

And when I saw this thread title, I thought you were all talking about the rare constITUTION drug...

Eddie

Paper Dragon
06-01-06, 18:59
Then we're one step closer to the WoW system of "grind, grind and grind again just so you can get a bit more out of your equipment".

It's far from "not a big deal". We all know how ballistic some people go when it comes to wanting five slots and the best stats.

Toxen
06-01-06, 19:00
Can safely say never will happen

Crest
06-01-06, 19:24
In Nc1 I built 25 Healing Lights, 1 5 slotter, 1 3 slotter and rest 0,1,2

Then Saturn got rolled, and with great effort trading (When peoplpe did not care anymore, and half the rares did not exist) I got 21 Together with 1 4 slotter, 1 3 slotter and the rest 0,1,2.

Do I think you need a 4/5 slotter. I cap my HL and have put a scope on it. So 1 x ammo, 1 x Ultima, 1 x Scope, 1 x Open

given also the drop in capps, I really think this makes
1) 4 / 5 Slots less valuable a prise possesion
2) Will be PPU biased (PPU's want 4/5 slot spells , this takes time and mebbe one or 2 of them give up ... just mebbe
3) oo many high slot items. Once again besides rares which arent really rare, there are not a lot of items that are, so at least every spy may have a HL, but not every spy has a 5 slotter

kurai
06-01-06, 20:36
I dug out some old stats from Zai's contruction workshop page ...

She kept records of all the stuff she built, and accumulated quite a hefty amount of statistics about slot probability from a capped contructor.

These summary stats were from about August 2003.

Non Rare Items : - (1610 item sample size)

0 Slot : 55%
1 Slot : 29%
2 Slot : 11%
3 Slot : 4%
4 Slot : 0.75%
5 Slot : 0.35%

Rare Items : - (1020 item sample size)

0 Slot : 19%
1 Slot : 28%
2 Slot : 32%
3 Slot : 13%
4 Slot : 6.5%
5 Slot : 1.8%

No idea if these sort of ratios are the same in NC2, but I've never seen anything said about construction system mechanics being significantly different these days so it's fair odds the numbers are still valid.

Dribble Joy
06-01-06, 21:53
A 2% chance of 5 slots on a rare seems a good thing, only 25 more judges to make then :p.

SorkZmok
06-01-06, 22:19
I really don't get peoples obsession with high slotted stuff. You're just pissed if you drop it.

With the system as it is now, it's piss easy to cap the gun of your choice anyway. best i ever had is a 4 slot slasher and even that one isnt fully artifact. I got a 5 slot shelter on kapow but i don't really need it. 4 slots is all you ever need for spell and shit, most rare guns can be capped with an ammo mod and a freq mod, why go for more than 2 slots?

And since i'm playing mars atm, people are mad over there. If you ask for a 5 slot CS on trade, it's more likely to get a DM with an offer than if you ask for newbie guns or spells. Idiots over there. o_O

onero S
07-01-06, 02:15
Since drugs seem to be the new fad these days..

Make it a VERY rare chance for a certain mob or dungeon boss to drop a special 5 minute drug which allows a 25% or whatever extra chance of getting better slots/stats in some way.

its not a big deal, just a chance to get better slotted rares circulating and its just something new to add to the econemy.

I think its a good idea, all this talk people have about I built this or you don't need that many slots is poinless. Thats the point, 5 SLOT WEAPONS DON'T MEAN THAT MUCH thats why this drug would be a good idea, it wouldn't be "overpowred" just a little somthing, if anything its biggest use would be for non rare weapons where you do in fact need the slots.

As in independent note, add larants back in as a rare pool item

cRazy-
07-01-06, 03:25
Yeah but I mean make this drug VERY rare, just as people pay millions for ultima's, someone might pay a lot for this drug to give to the conster.

ZoVoS
07-01-06, 03:42
we already have slot enhancers they will do for now

rares shoudlnt be slot ehanced ever its just rediculous

jini
07-01-06, 08:07
I dug out some old stats from Zai's contruction workshop page ...

She kept records of all the stuff she built, and accumulated quite a hefty amount of statistics about slot probability from a capped contructor.

These summary stats were from about August 2003.

Non Rare Items : - (1610 item sample size)

0 Slot : 55%
1 Slot : 29%
2 Slot : 11%
3 Slot : 4%
4 Slot : 0.75%
5 Slot : 0.35%

Rare Items : - (1020 item sample size)

0 Slot : 19%
1 Slot : 28%
2 Slot : 32%
3 Slot : 13%
4 Slot : 6.5%
5 Slot : 1.8%

No idea if these sort of ratios are the same in NC2, but I've never seen anything said about construction system mechanics being significantly different these days so it's fair odds the numbers are still valid.
ahhh I remember her
she had a very cool site.
hoiwever I never was able to validate those odds. It seemed to low to me somehow

kurai
07-01-06, 09:40
ahhh I remember her
she had a very cool site.
hoiwever I never was able to validate those odds. It seemed to low to me somehowObviously I can't vouch for the results being perfect statistical sets, but I remember chatting to quite a few of the long-time better known constructors, back on Pluto in NC1, when one of those recurring rumours cropped up about cap percentages and slot chances having changed, unannounced, after a patch.

I don't think anyone did any exhaustive tests on a broad range of items, or kept detailed records, but they all seemed to broadly agree that the numbers matched their experience.