PDA

View Full Version : Unknown reasons?

rob444
06-01-06, 17:18
I've never seen any message like this before, I had trouble launching my drone and I got the message "You failed to use the item for unknown reasons!", see attachment. Anyone else had this kind of problem?

Oh btw, fix these damn drone bugs once and for all, thanks.

Redburn
06-01-06, 17:22
I've had the same problem at El Faird and the Graves..... Seems I was to close to object ie: wall, lamp post, or other item that was close to where the drone would spawn when launched. Just move a little away from said object and it should launch fine. It's due to size of the drones hit box.

RogerRamjet
06-01-06, 17:22
Ive had it before.

I think its just when the game doesnt know what error message to give you.

Scanner Darkly
06-01-06, 17:29
I believe it is because of another object clipping into where the drone will be launched. Make sure you aren't near any walls/pillars/boxes/doors when you're launching. Sometimes just rotating your droner about a bit or strafing a bit will solve it.

Riddle
06-01-06, 17:32
Had this a few times whilst levelling just to close to an object, move , crouch or aim the drone up down tends to get rid of it.

Although the odd time i had to swop drones before it would launch :confused:

Dribble Joy
06-01-06, 17:34
Indeed, seems like part of the launching into a wall fix.

rob444
06-01-06, 17:34
Yeah I know about the drone swapping if it can't launch. I was in chaos cave today and I had big problems launching my drones several times and those were not due to any objects that was close to me, just that old silly bug. But this unknown reason thingy I'll keep in mind if I stand to close to an object. Thanks for the info.

Superbron
06-01-06, 19:44
I had this some times too. Moving away from a wall seems to solve the problem.

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 19:47
stops ur drone spawning in a wall

Kozmos
06-01-06, 19:51
Before the drone updates, drones often dissapeared on launch when you were close to a wall or object, this is the fix, by stopping you from launching near to objects till you move away enough

Digital-Talios
06-01-06, 19:57
i had the same problems on my droner as well :(

ZoVoS
06-01-06, 20:01
i say it again

what would u prefer
the problem u cant launch

or u can lauch but the drone just dies strait away

Brammers
06-01-06, 20:20
Anyone remember how broke drones was at the begining of NC2?

You get that message if you are sometimes a little too close to the wall or the netcode being silly. I've often noticed if I move slighgtly and move back to the same spot, the drone launches.